"I hope you enjoy the smell of my ass! Orrraaa"Momosuzu Nene

Amelia Watson Ceases Activity From Hololive

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Official Statement by COVER New

God's Strongest Dragoon

Watson Amelia, a member of the VTuber group hololive English, will conclude all of her channel activities on September 30th, 2024. This would include all regular activities including live-streaming on platforms such as YouTube, social media activities, live event participation, and the regular release of new merchandise.
Since her debut as a member of hololive English’s founding generation, hololive English -Myth-, she has actively provided her fans with unique content as well as participated in all sorts of activities beyond streaming that significantly contributed to spreading VTuber culture overseas. Though her channel activities will end, Watson Amelia will remain an affiliate of hololive production moving forward.
In line with this, the following services will come to a close.

Closing Services​

Fan Letter Reception: Available until November 29th, 2024 PDT
Memberships and Members-Only Content: Available until 7:59 AM, October 31st, 2024 PDT
We plan to continue selling merchandise and other items that are already on sale. Any future activities that involve Watson Amelia will be announced through official social media and other channels.
We would like to thank all our wonderful fans and stakeholders for their warm support. We kindly request you refrain from contacting our talents regarding this matter, and would like to sincerely thank you for your continued support and encouragement of Watson Amelia.

Coffee Filter

I legit thought Gura would graduate before Ame.

Like holy shit. Honestly 4 years is a long time but still. I hope she ends up doing back end stuff with Holo as that seems like where her strengths lie.

Remember to love your oshis fam. 💛

EDIT: At least she is working with Holo on the backend.

Bronze

E: I'm Late and gay

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
"Though her channel activities will end, Watson Amelia will remain an affiliate of hololive production moving forward."

Sounds like staff?

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
I can't even put into words or even gif form, what I'm feeling currently. Mostly depressed and shocked, honestly.

Purrson

They are making a dedicated US office for Holo EN in California right? What are the odds Ame is getting an upper management position there?

RiverBear

They kept moving the bar, and in my hubris I accepted it because I was 100% sure Ina was going to be the first Myth to graduate.
:PomuAngry:
>Username: Takodachi
>Pfp: Mochi
>Oshi: Watson

huh

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
"Though her channel activities will end, Watson Amelia will remain an affiliate of hololive production moving forward."

Sounds like staff?
was thinking the same, imagine if she took over A-channel responsibilities on the West side.

>Username: Takodachi
>Pfp: Mochi
>Oshi: Watson

huh
I'm indifferent to Amelia, it was about a bet I took like 6 months into Myth, I made a bet wiwth someone that Ina was going to be HoloEN to graduate, but then Sana did and in my hubris I accepted to reword the bet to "first Myth to graduate"

Wellful of Wails

Welp, my IP assessment was right. Being an "affiliate" means she can show up for events or not at all and still have her character used to make money.

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
They kept moving the bar, and in my hubris I accepted it because I was 100% sure Ina was going to be the first Myth to graduate.
:PomuAngry:
Kiara telling everyone she is working/drawling in between studio time makes me think she might be next. But she is Asian so I think that will see her through

TKN_Lurker

Retired Lurker
Man, I never expected this to happen. En recollection wasn't even that long ago. I'm glad Ame is still around in some capacity but it's going to suck not seeing her with the rest of Myth live anymore.
:depressedtako:
I need a fucking drink.

niggaphil

Some interesting statements from Cover:

We plan to continue selling merchandise and other items that are already on sale. Any future activities that involve Watson Amelia will be announced through official social media and other channels.

Looks like she will be in contact with other channels and talents, and her merch will remain intact.

Now it sounds like she is moving to management position, instead of GTFO like Magni or Vesper

RiverBear

Bruh, you can just be an affliate of Hololive? Just sit back, relax and rake in the cash while not actually doing any work?
Wtf?
Why didn't Coco or Aqua do that?

Bingeamint

Hololive Connoisseur Master of Missing Everything
I don't fucking believe this, this can't be happening.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Dragoon

Some interesting statements from Cover:

Looks like she will be in contact with other channels and talents, and her merch will remain intact.

Now it sounds like she is moving to management position
Sounds like either staff position or soft-retirement where she can reappear briefly in character.

Prudent Lurker

Top Bottom