"I draw and poop every day to live"Pako

Amelia Watson Ceases Activity From Hololive

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
The way I interpret it is that she can make random appearances (I wouldn't expect them to be frequent) and do contract work with them, plus still get money from merch sales. She is supporting her whole immediate family, IIRC, so I think that is a pretty big deal for her.
Doesn't seem like it. The official statement includes no more streaming, social media activities, "live event participation" and new merch. So unless Ame is only gonna appear on HoloGra and other non-live events.. https://hololivepro.com/news_en/20240920-01-115/

It does seem like either support staff or an A-chan type gig or maybe even Omega replacement lol. Or maybe something boring like being on the live events, scouting or working in that new Cali office as part of the EN outreach.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Every other talents reacting the same as they would to a graduation probably doesn't help.
She said it herself, it is uncharted territory.

I don't think even her or Cover fully know what this new relationship will be.

God's Strongest Dragoon

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

USS IOWA

She said it herself, it is uncharted territory.

I don't think even her or Cover fully know what this new relationship will be.

Yeah we have only once see a talent became a member of the staff and it was Kizuna. Well I take solace that she loved either her friends too much to leave the company and just want to help them as support staff for them.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
In my books this is a graduation in everything but Name.
Will she even have a big finale like Aqua? It doesnt look like that and I really would need at least a big festive bang to look forward to

God's Strongest Dragoon

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Anyone know if any of the JP or non EN talents have ever moved to the staff side? Either Cover, Niji, etc?

edit: answered I guess.. anyone else?
Yeah we have only once see a talent became a member of the staff and it was Kizuna.

USS IOWA

Anyone know if any of the JP or non EN talents have ever moved to the staff side? Either Cover, Niji, etc?
Kizunai Ai's original VA have a managerial role on upd8 before.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
Doesn't seem like it. The official statement includes no more streaming, social media activities, "live event participation" and new merch. So unless Ame is only gonna appear on HoloGra and other non-live events.. https://hololivepro.com/news_en/20240920-01-115/

It does seem like either support staff or an A-chan type gig or maybe even Omega replacement lol. Or maybe something boring like being on the live events, scouting or working in that new Cali office as part of the EN outreach.
They did specify "her channel activities".

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
No, but Hitomi Chris and Mel had staff make moves on them.

I'll show myself out, thanks.

Malchior

If I knew something about her is that she don't like to do the same thing over and over again, so it was kinda expected she would "graduate/retire" eventually... and yet it don't make it any easier :depressedtako:

Considering the wording, I hope she's going only backstage to do something she will be happier with

AmeSame

Ame was who got me into vtubers 4 years ago, I know she streams a lot less nowadays but this was still a quite shocking announcement.

I hope we get a good Amesame stream for her send off, i always loved the chemistry between those too.

USS IOWA

To lighten the mood, Amelia Watson beimg the COO of the Overseas branches of Cover soon, I can feel it.

Edit: Oh she knows

Ensok

Early Adopter
Boy this is gonna be weird though. Even though I think Promise, Advent, and even Justice have had better unity and chemistry with each other than Myth (and more streams) it's just going to be so strange seeing Ame go. Sana was barely around before her graduation so it's doubly weird.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

They are making a dedicated US office for Holo EN in California right? What are the odds Ame is getting an upper management position there?

Some interesting statements from Cover:

We plan to continue selling merchandise and other items that are already on sale. Any future activities that involve Watson Amelia will be announced through official social media and other channels.

Looks like she will be in contact with other channels and talents, and her merch will remain intact.

Now it sounds like she is moving to management position, instead of GTFO like Magni or Vesper

Sounds like either staff position or soft-retirement where she can reappear briefly in character.

The way I interpret it is that she can make random appearances (I wouldn't expect them to be frequent) and do contract work with them, plus still get money from merch sales. She is supporting her whole immediate family, IIRC, so I think that is a pretty big deal for her.

Ame has managed the first Vtuber "retirement" and not a "graduation". The IP lives on and she will pop in for events occasionally. The primary thing is this frees her up from all of the direct requirements of the job. Which is likely the reason. There's clearly plenty of other things going on that she wants or needs to do, and the requirements that go with being "Amelia" was likely just too much at this point. It's also entirely possible she is at a place she doesn't need the money. She's made over $800k USD in the last 4 years in Super Chats alone. Yes, YT and Cover take their cut, but we also know Merch and (for 2020 to 2022) the YT ad sense revenue would have been quite staunch. Her gross take home after everything the last 4 years should be in excess of 1 million USD, and that's without any knowledge of the Merch.

Also, maybe she's reading to move onto other things in life. If her family's home is paid off, you'd be surprised how low costs actually can be. She could easily have enough in assets to never have to work anything other than the types of jobs she wants to. Plus, there can be an easy >50k a year to be made by simply popping in for HoloFes or Myth's Anniversary.

I do hope no one in her immediate family is dying and that's a primary cause of this all. That'd just be unfortunate.

Pako REALLY loved Ame's karaoke. He would always live tweet about them.

Pako takes a lot of L's with Hololive. Guy has some rough luck.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter
So I figured it out: Blonde EN's are doomed.

Also,

1726819290591.png

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Also, @The Proctor has to be kept awake all Summer next year. Sleep is clearly unacceptable.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Wellful of Wails

As a teamate, I will just say that it not being framed as a graduation does not stop me from feeling like shit. Most of us became her fan because we like the content she made, and as far as we know, that's going away permanently after September 30. Even if she make some kind of appearances in other places (eg. official channel), it's not going to be the same.

Every other talents reacting the same as they would to a graduation probably doesn't help.
Because it's shifting her from a person that entertains to an anime character with a catalogue; this is a graduation without the benefit of closure. It shouldn't be praised.

Top Bottom