"Pack it up, skittle squad. It's not a phobia, it's a natural revulsion"Lia Rinkou

Amelia Watson Ceases Activity From Hololive

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Then she can take a long hiatus? I mean her streaming frequency has decreased a lot this year even compared to last year which she has some period of resting.
I can understand she might not make the most financially reasonable choice but if for reasons like taking care of family members I would say taking an indefinite hiatus makes much more sense.
She already barely streamed in most of 2023 and 2024. Only beaten in EN by Gura. Another hiatus wouldn't do anything. She clearly wants to do something that her Hololive responsibilties hinder. This way, "Ame" may not be totally dead as and she can move on from the rut she's been in to actually move forward with whatever plans she has been trying to do for a while now.

httn

Hag enthusiast
First Bossman now Ame, its been a terrible week.
:depressedtako:

Ensok

Early Adopter
Oh that be painful. And surprising too. Sort of. Over the last year she seemed fairly inconsistent with streaming and everything.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

Weirdo Level 3

The way I interpret it is that she can make random appearances (I wouldn't expect them to be frequent) and do contract work with them, plus still get money from merch sales. She is supporting her whole immediate family, IIRC, so I think that is a pretty big deal for her.
If ever she needs a bit of cash, she can just show up as a cameo every once in a blue moon and get merch sold. Honestly, while I enjoy her content, I am not too saddened since at least she'll still be around in some capacity. :takocope:

USS IOWA

From what I understand, Ame will be EN's A-chan moving forward.

God's Strongest Dragoon

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
She already barely streamed in most of 2023 and 2024. Only beaten in EN by Gura. Another hiatus wouldn't do anything. She clearly wants to do something that her Hololive responsibilties hinder. This way, "Ame" may not be totally dead as and she can move on from the rut she's been in to actually move forward with whatever plans she has been trying to do for a while now.
I wonder if any of this has to do with the constant traveling and having to do a lot of work, looking at fauna saying she just wants to stream and how she refuses to do a 3D live because of how much it takes, it makes me think it all comes down to Ame not having enough time to do what she wants.

Elite Miko

Early Adopter
Despite the subtle hints that she is still in Hololive in some capacity, I do feel like she still hasn't reached her ceiling as a talent.

RiverBear

Despite the subtle hints that she is still in Hololive in some capacity, I do feel like she still hasn't reached her ceiling as a talent.
Can't reach a ceiling if you never had talent in the first place

God's Strongest Wardog

Wigger Daisenpai Stan
Bruh, you can just be an affliate of Hololive? Just sit back, relax and rake in the cash while not actually doing any work?
Wtf?
Why didn't Coco or Aqua do that?
Coco's a fucking retard and Aqua... uh...
Well...
Coco's a fucking retard.
I am going to laugh if Ame manages to stream more than Gura next year.
Chumcucks will never hear of it if Ame goes into "BTS work and Special guest appearances" role and somehow still shows up more than Shork. :whatastory:

God's Strongest Dragoon

roktofferson

She was always a creative idea engine. She even innovates a new way to graduate. :gunpeko:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Weirdo Level 3

She was always a creative idea engine. She even innovates a new way to graduate. :gunpeko:
So... I guess this exit is now an option in everyone else's books? Then again, we at least know Ame has something to contribute to the company even if she ain't streaming, be it tech or innovative ideas, so it's not an option for everyone, just those with the right talents.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
saw it on twitter,

Ame graduated and the Kiara nendo still isnt released

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
As a teamate, I will just say that it not being framed as a graduation does not stop me from feeling like shit. Most of us became her fan because we like the content she made, and as far as we know, that's going away permanently after September 30. Even if she make some kind of appearances in other places (eg. official channel), it's not going to be the same.

Every other talents reacting the same as they would to a graduation probably doesn't help.

USS IOWA

Technically Myth is still 5 so no worries there. I wonder if this ia because Cover has decided to do more Concert stuff but Ame is more comfortable as a streamer or management decided she is more helpful as a manager cause she can do things more bts than her streaming?

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Top Bottom