"So now I know that Bae has bad taste in men."IRyS

Amelia Watson Ceases Activity From Hololive

MostlyALurker777

I'm still shellshocked from the news. I had barely woken up when my friend shared the news to me. This morning I've just been on autopilot. She was my first oshi when myth came out....

Balls Dipped in Ice

I wonder if Ame is going the indie route or if she's actually quitting "content creation" for the foreseeable future and working on other things.
Whatever it is I hope she keeps some sort of social media presence, I'm a parasocial fuck and I need to have updates from my favorite internet personalities.

Ame Love.

Negzana

Back before maybe around mid 2022 she was probably my favorite Myth so it's sad to see her go.

tgmslc

She might be becoming a staff member. Thats my guess at least. Just gotta wait for the official post to be posted I guess.
Hypothetically, it leaves the door open for her to come back, but she can't stream right now for the foreseeable future.

Can range from:
  • Medical Condition
  • Family Medical Condition
  • Equipment Theft
  • Family pressure to get a "real" job
  • Forced to go into school
  • Some combination of all of the above
ame-tech-tips.png

So this is what I got from it. Get those multimillion dollars girl.
I feel like this is the only future that makes sense. Ame's talents are completely wasted streaming games and karaoke when Ame Studio needs to just be Cover's actual official NA mocap studio so talents don't need to fly to the other side of the planet to record 3D lives and such.

akaaoi

So why announce this with a ten day notice? Someone might say that they didn't want the announcement to be too close to Aqua's graduation, but Aqua decided on that many months ago, so since they already knew the timeline for all that, why not set Ame's last day sometime in mid-to-late October?
1) Enreco was obviously a major group project for EN and its first chapter was specifically aimed at Myth, they couldn't let her retire before that finished if they could avoid it.

2) Cover appear to prefer to have graduation news like this be posted at or close to Close Of Business Friday (Japan Time) to give everyone a weekend to get over it before things like the news/share market pick it up. Ame even apologised in her announcement stream about the late (for US) time, but that it 'had to be in accordance with Japan time'. So they'd avoid posting it on an earlier day in a week.

3) Combining those two, they maybe could have let her go last Friday but that was possibly considered to be too close to the end of Enreco.

4) Or some other factor we're not aware of caused it all to be this late, such as the decision being made early but a new 'occasional contractor' legal contract might have taken a while to be signed off.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I feel like this is the only future that makes sense. Ame's talents are completely wasted streaming games and karaoke when Ame Studio needs to just be Cover's actual official NA mocap studio so talents don't need to fly to the other side of the planet to record 3D lives and such.
She said it wasn't for any personal reason, so it really does seem to be she wants to go in a different direction.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
You know what
4 years of more or less constant success minus some now very minor hiccups and millions of people having you in the spotlight is alot for some. In many ways, from personal stress, to "peaking in life" etc. I was honestly surprised that a Myth didnt graduate by 2024 and we even almost got through the year without it

Either way we will see what her deal with Holo entails, its seemingly not a complete shuttering of IP but also seemingly not just a (slight hyperbole) Roa situation where they just sell things without talent even still streaming with the company.
Either way, i hope her life continues on well and the remaining EN members can continue picking up the torch from one of the people who more or less shook up the EN vtubing world the most. Not many can say they were pretty much a foundational member of a million dollar industry

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
You know what
4 years of more or less constant success minus some now very minor hiccups and millions of people having you in the spotlight is alot for some. I was honestly surprised that a Myth didnt graduate by 2024 and we even almost got through the year without it

Either way we will see what her deal with Holo entails, its seemingly not a complete shuttering of IP but also seemingly not just a (slight hyperbole) Roa situation where they just sell things without talent even still streaming with the company.
Either way, i hope her life continues on well and the remaining EN members can continue picking up the torch from one of the people who more or less shook up the EN vtubing world the most. Not many can say they were pretty much a foundational member of a million dollar industry
If she does continue as indie, I just want to see her doing more of her own shit, again. Even when she slowed down streaming and projects, when she came back with something every once in a while it was always super creative. It would be nice to see that again, because nothing really hits quite like Ame doing Ame things.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
If she does continue as indie, I just want to see her doing more of her own shit, again. Even when she slowed down streaming and projects, when she came back with something every once in a while it was always super creative. It would be nice to see that again, because nothing really hits quite like Ame doing Ame things.
If the deal includes her returining in any capacity at all i wonder if those events would be enough to break a record or two

2DUM4U

Early Adopter

Regret

Why, God? Why couldn't you take Kronii, instead?

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
goondolences on your loss

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
In all seriousness, I think it's understandable.

Imagine being a young woman. You have applied for Hololive. One in a million chance you might get accepted.

But you did it! You just got your acceptance E-Mail! You've done it! You're over the moon, you're excited, you can't believe it! A dream come true!

And then you see your model and you learn that Cover Corp has decided to make you Bri'ish.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
In all seriousness, I think it's understandable.

Imagine being a young woman. You have applied for Hololive. One in a million chance you might get accepted.

But you did it! You just got your acceptance E-Mail! You've done it! You're over the moon, you're excited, you can't believe it! A dream come true!

And then you see your model and you learn that Cover Corp has decided to make you Bri'ish.
When the first brit got accepted we went to find out that she was the one who decided to pickup a million and one impressions just to avoid speaking british
british members are going to be cursed

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL

I am sad for people like Peo who looked up to her. Ame seems like a vtuber's vtuber.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I didn't watch her much, but I respect the influence she and the rest of Myth have had on the industry and how they inspired so many. A real shame to see this, but I wish her the best. My condolences to her fans.

And speaking of someone Ame inspired:

Archive

Thank you to Ame for inspiring so many great vtubers like Peo and others.

This year has definitely had some high highs, but some really low lows...

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
I am too much of an ESL or the Japanese annoucement explains it better than the English one?

Jolted Cookies

Ohmies don't snitch
Early Adopter
Well, we got a new instant PTSD phrase to go along with 'I have something to say'. :inatiredl:
For as many streams as I've watched these past 4 years, Ame's Sun Station stream still may be my all time favorite. Her influence in vtubing is undeniable, and hopefully this will not be the end of her creativity. Godspeed Detective :hic:

nrkihn.png

depending on how you look at it, Holo X is the oldest 5 member Gen that is still complete
I dont know what to do with this information but I hate it
That one time jellykusa fucking killed GAMERS.
I know you said 5, but they're still not on the chart :yubi:

This makes me wonder, I wonder if whatever new contract she has will let her stream as a vtuber persona?
I think someone already brought it up, but perhaps this new partnership came with the cost of a non-compete.

Fau

I never picked up an oshi. I like a lot of vtubers and I probably have a top 5. Just some days ago I was thinking, who can I truly call my oshi? "Ame", I thought to myself. I feel that she resonates with me more than any other vtuber, idk its just what I feel.

tears.png

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
Welp this was certainly something to come back to you after an Internet outage.

Top Bottom