"White power"Murasaki Shion

Amelia Watson Ceases Activity From Hololive

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Fuck. Kiara is taking it worse than anyone else.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Kiara's Ame chat during her Balatro stream:
  • Ame doesn't want them to be sad.
  • Wasn't a big fan of the Myth4EVER hashtag for this reason, but still Myth4EVER.
  • She and everyone else didn't really expect to stay this long because there was nothing like this before them for EN. It is more than she can ask for anyone to invest, since 4 years is a long time. She says it is totally understandable to move on.
  • They found out a long time ago at this point. She said the reasons that Ame gave made sense and she respects it. She was shocked when she first heard it, though.
  • She thinks about the future a lot and probably overthinks it. Says Ame leaving is the end of an era (she breaks a bit here:ameraintear:). That is something that is hard for them to overcome, so she is a bit scared of the future.
  • She wants people to have fun when they watch them and be lighthearted (breaks more :kiaragosling:). She is torn because yeah, Myth will be fine and Myth will always be 5, and she thinks the same thing, but she worries people will say "oh, if only Ame were here it would be better" and is torn between the two thoughts.
  • We can cope because it isn't a "usual graduation", there's a door that's closed and it's not locked, but it depends on the company and Ame on when and how they want to open it again. We'll see and it hasn't been done before, so we'll see.
  • She organized the Myth One-block for this, (aaaaand sad woman tears start :depressedtako:) which is the whole reason she pushed so hard to it them as 5 because she wanted to do more projects together. She didn't join GTA because she knew this was gonna happen in the middle of it and couldn't handle it.
  • She knew a Myth graduation would always hit hard, but knew Ame especially would be bad because of how much she means to her and how much she was always helped by her.
  • She was worried back in the day how hard it would be to get close to the girls, especially Gura and Ame. She was sad about something 3 days after debut, but Ame reached out and talked with her and she was super grateful for that. Talked about how grateful she is that Ame pushed so hard to get stuff done for them.
  • She was really happy she got to hang out in New York alone an extra day because she thought she would never see her again. Ame promised to visit her in Europe for real. That's why she was so cling with Ame in NY and tried to be with her as much as she could.
  • Still have a little bit of time left. She didn't do a schedule this week because she wanted to be open for any collabs.
  • Sunday is holoTalk with Ame.
  • We have to watch every Ame stream until she leaves or else she will arrest us and to watch her with watchever she does and where ever she goes.
  • Now she is gushing over Ame because Ame love. Refused to promise she wouldn't be sad to Ame because she knew she couldn't take it.
  • Hopes to still be friends with her. She loves Ame.
  • Gonna be another Myth collab.
  • Thought she wasn't gonna cry onstream (lol) because she usually cries offstream more than on.
  • Talking about normal idols and how older members like from Morning Musume would have old members show up sometimes. Said that she had brought it up last year and said it would be cool and special if they could do that. She doesn't know what they are thinking, but hoping that is what happens. She says she doesn't know what to expect, thinking it could only happen in big events or maybe never at all. Really doesn't know.
  • Doesn't have plans herself to graduate. She has a lot of pent-up frustrations and does think about it every once in a while, but still has things she wants to do and fight for that she believes she deserves to get.
  • Always cherish your oshi. You never know when they'll be gone.
  • Proud to have stood and walked wish Ame and created holoEN with Myth from nothing.
  • When rereading that message from 3 days after debut, she was happy to read the message Ame said Kiara always saved their asses in collabs
  • Myth might change a little bit, but they are still gonna try their best to keep things fun and entertaining.

That is basically the just of the Ame chat before her proper stream.

Last edited:

USS IOWA

As thus the way of the universe that all stars fade so that new ones will prosper, All things will be gone eventually.

Renmai

Shiori, what the fuck are you talking about?
Early Adopter
Holotalk with Ame incoming, let's see what records it'll break.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Ame is technically doing something new in Vtubing, especially Japanese Vtubing. So, no one really knows what it all means yet. However, this isn't new in other industries. Regulars leave TV shows and come back for 1-2 episodes quite often. The Professional Wrestling Industry does this constantly. The fact it took this long for it to happen with a big Vtuber is a little sad.

Ame is retired from Streaming as Ame. She will pop back up occasionally & in a bunch of future projects that were already in the works. But she is free to do other things without any direct job requirements. She likely has a version of the Sustained Contract that members like Coco and Aqua has, as there is still YT revenue from their channels and really complicated revenue around their Music.

So, yes, it's confusing to both English and Japanese speakers right now because no one knows exactly how this'll play out.

I doubt the investor call had anything to do with this. Yagoo has had to give that same statement to a bunch of people over the last 7 years. But it's a de factor graduation. Functionally, it's a retirement from activities and she'll no longer be a direct streamer contracted employee of Cover. However, there's sustained contracts around residuals, long term channel revenue and music rights. In some ways, the retirement contract might actually be more simple to manage than the graduation one.

I get the distinct feeling Ame might just go deeper into the VR space. Maybe she crops up as a VR Tech Tuber and we somehow end up in the weirdest LTT collab video we've had in a while.
I never ever watched those kind of TV shows could you explain it a lot more?

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I never ever watched those kind of TV shows could you explain it a lot more?
Any long-running TV series operates with a "main" cast. When an actor leaves, they'll come back occasionally for stories or events. It's common in most places for long running TV shows.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
"I cried a lot today so hopefully I won't cry as much on the last day."

Orange woman, I wish that was how it worked :ameraintear:

The Rrat

Early Adopter
"I cried a lot today so hopefully I won't cry as much on the last day."

Orange woman, I wish that was how it worked :ameraintear:
She definitely does not believe that herself.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Last Kiara note: she wants to continue Ame's legacy of stubbornly doing things the Ame Way.

2DUM4U

Early Adopter
Poor Kiara.

This is an aspect of the whole vtubing thing that I don't really understand. In my mind it's just a job. The vtubers are professionals doing a job, other vtubers are just coworkers, nbd. Yet they seem to form such deep friendships. I've worked a lot of jobs, and I can't imagine being moved to tears because a coworker leaves to pursue other opportunities.

It's great that they do, don't get me wrong. It's just something I don't get.

Cubanodun

Vtweeter Hunter
She was Ame number 1 fan for a reason, Emperor know she was the ultimate Teamate, and i suppose it hurt more when is one of your genmates

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Poor Kiara.

This is an aspect of the whole vtubing thing that I don't really understand. In my mind it's just a job. The vtubers are professionals doing a job, other vtubers are just coworkers, nbd. Yet they seem to form such deep friendships. I've worked a lot of jobs, and I can't imagine being moved to tears because a coworker leaves to pursue other opportunities.

It's great that they do, don't get me wrong. It's just something I don't get.
Yeah its just for the friendship
Ame is so beloved by her fellow Holomem that she gained true friends that are going to feel really sad about it

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Yeah its just for the friendship
Ame is so beloved by her fellow Holomem that she gained true friends that are going to feel really sad about it
A talent recently talked about Cover's hiring philosophy about making sure people can get along with eachother and since Myth having the gens hang out before debut. It inspires comradeship. Comparison to Niji who hires anyone who seems like a good streamer even if they end up backstabbing fellow employees later on.

Are you Sure?

With the way everything has been worded, there's a chance there's probably too much (or a few very expensive) merch in the pipelines for Cover to take financial hits unnecessarily with withdrawing talents.

Those Myth earbuds must have been cooking for ages to even make it into daylight. Think Myth also had those LED lamps all the way back when.

Myth being the first HoloEN group that mattered is simply too big of a cash cow for Cover to let go (which is why I'm still baffled that they let Aqua IP go. Or could be because Aqua has already finished her merch run, and JP market is too saturated to matter)

As a group dynamic, the synergy of Myth where each member is able to cover the short comings of another BECAUSE they had no support from the beginning except from each other. They may have been individually fairly weak, but as a group they were a powerhouse.

Promise in comparison is a group of very strong individual talents, but as a group they have almost no natural synergy. From a Marketing perspective you need to market the whole set, or else just pushing 1 or 2 from the group will look like favoritism (coughcough). You can't have Exodia if you're missing a piece.

Losing Ame is a huge loss either way you look at it.

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
Any long-running TV series operates with a "main" cast. When an actor leaves, they'll come back occasionally for stories or events. It's common in most places for long running TV shows.
Okay i understand now but the Rrat example was better sorry
Basically this:

I never stopped to think about but Hololive gens are like long on going Sentai/Power Rangers series

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY

I wanted to say something of actual value here, but I'm too tired and deflated to come up with anything that hasn't already been said. Ame was the first vtuber I ever sat down and watched a stream for, her and Mori were instrumental in sucking me down this rabbit hole to begin with. To lose her feels almost unreal. I hate the ceaseless march of time :depressedtako:

Kazuma

Early Adopter
This doesn't feel real. My oshi is really graduating :depressedtako: :painpeko:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Ame built the the studio because she is going to be the new talent behind Code Miko

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Promise in comparison is a group of very strong individual talents, but as a group they have almost no natural synergy.
This sounds like someone who hasn't watched Council since 2022. The Promise girls, especially, have been getting along amazingly well as a group for a long time now.

One thing I forgot to note in my Kiara post is that she specifically made sure she was the one to sing ChikuTaku in the Myth 4th Anniversary Live.

Top Bottom