"Think! If I were a jerky, where would I go, to escape? I would fly across the table, and then fall! On the ground. Oh my god! I found it! I found it! Oh my god, I'm not crazy!"Ouro Kronii

Amelia Watson Ceases Activity From Hololive

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis

Beepster

Kiara's Ame chat during her Balatro stream
Good summary but IMO she also said this important line at the beginning:
"Somebody had to leave first. So don't blame her (Ame)"
I interpret it as another Myth "non-graduation" might be around the corner. Probably Gura's. And Ame is testing the waters by doing hers this way.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい
A random musing. It is inevitable that as time goes, there will be more graduations/terminations/ameways that will happen. Eventually, a whole generation (JP EN or ID) will be gone. How would the last person left in a gen feel? Or when it gets down to two in a gen, they both decide to leave together?

I know, morbid thoughts, but as I lost a dear relative this week, I'm in that sort of mood.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
So, Calli, Kiara and Ina have had their say on the Ame situation so far...what are the odds that Gura says nothing at all?
:thatsbait:
Gura will stream over the graduation stream to promote merch.

GOTBB

My favourite non-Gura in Holo...
It hurts.

furaibou

鼻血が出るほどいい

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Gura will stream over the graduation stream to promote merch.
She's not niji, male, cute&funny, and is also already quitting. She doesn't fit the criteria.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
A random musing. It is inevitable that as time goes, there will be more graduations/terminations/ameways that will happen. Eventually, a whole generation (JP EN or ID) will be gone. How would the last person left in a gen feel? Or when it gets down to two in a gen, they both decide to leave together?

I know, morbid thoughts, but as I lost a dear relative this week, I'm in that sort of mood.
It will happen eventually, but there will always be kouhais to interact with, to inspire and to be proud of. Being the last of a group must be unbelievably painful, but training the next generation and knowing that you and your comrade's efforts are still keeping the dreams of others alive must be a satisfying silver lining.

Also it's not like these people can't interact outside of their work, if they really bonded then they'll keep in contact, nothing the company can do to stop that.

Last edited:

Punished Lurker

As Nenelove said it I imagine being the last one of a gen must be a painful thing, but if the Vtuber has dreams or things to work for, or even kouhais/senpais/friends to hang out with then I imagine it must not be so bad.

Also, I'm sorry for your loss, that kind of pain sucks ass

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Svarog

Saviorfag
Early Adopter
So why announce this with a ten day notice? Someone might say that they didn't want the announcement to be too close to Aqua's graduation, but Aqua decided on that many months ago, so since they already knew the timeline for all that, why not set Ame's last day sometime in mid-to-late October?
I wish this news would have come out after the GTAV event was already over.
It's really hard now, at first laughing at yet another funny situation on the server. And then you remember about Ame's upcoming graduation and start to feel sad.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Welp.

Hololive had a truly remarkable run with only a tiny handful of departures. But there was no realistic way that could last - 4-5 years is a long time to be doing something like vtubing and I expect we're going to see a slow but steady stream of departures on a more regular basis now.

Hopefully Ame can make a go of this new leaving but not entirely deal and make the inevitable retirements a bit less traumatic for everyone.....

GOTBB

Starting the Ame Stream
(Ame doko/muted)
and opening up X and seeing

a.png

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Welp.

Hololive had a truly remarkable run with only a tiny handful of departures. But there was no realistic way that could last - 4-5 years is a long time to be doing something like vtubing and I expect we're going to see a slow but steady stream of departures on a more regular basis now.

Hopefully Ame can make a go of this new leaving but not entirely deal and make the inevitable retirements a bit less traumatic for everyone.....
Not so much that it is long for VTubing or streaming, because it really isn't, but hololive is definitely more intense. People will get burned out and eventually run their course in hololive and may just want to take it easy. Not gonna blame them for that.

 Hopefully this year only feels so bad because there were two terminations (Mel and Gamma) that threw it off. A-chan didn't seem like it was really something she wanted to do, but had to. Either way, it was inevitable, especially for the older talents who didn't really join for the current hololive.

Horo7618

No one in particular
Not so much that it is long for VTubing or streaming, because it really isn't, but hololive is definitely more intense. People will get burned out and eventually run their course in hololive and may just want to take it easy. Not gonna blame them for that.
Yeah I could have worded that better. I wouldn't be shocked if a few of the OGs hang on for a lot longer/basically make a lifelong career of it, but I don't think the majority will....

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Yeah I could have worded that better. I wouldn't be shocked if a few of the OGs hang on for a lot longer/basically make a lifelong career of it, but I don't think the majority will....
Not really disgareeing with you, you're not really wrong. Unless holo changed their rules down the line to let talents have less responsibility at some point when they have been in the company long enough, it really isn't something people could do a ridiculously long time unless they were just immensely committed, successful, or crazy. I think this affiliate thing is a step towards that, but I don't see why they can't go a step further and let longer-time talents just soft retire and let them stick to streaming if they want.

Not Important

Ame basically confirmed that this "affilate" stuff was partially Cover's idea.

Kazuma

Early Adopter
BREAKING NEW: AME IS NOT PREGNANT

Regret

We need a "Featuring Dante" -style label for what Ame will become to Holo.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
She is way more hopeful about this "affiliate" thing than I expected. She definite seems open to make appearance if Cover is okay with it. She didn't even straight up shoot down an EN Reco 2 appearance and just said she'd have to ask or see with management.

Top Bottom