"Thank you everyone for making me smile again!"Dokibird

Amelia Watson Ceases Activity From Hololive

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO
From what I'm hearing, and tell me if I'm wrong:

It sounds like Ame has come to the end of the road as far as her interest as being Ame goes for now. Part of it is due to the fact that she has more things she wishes to get done outside of being Ame, but she doesn't necessarily want to drop Ame if she can come back down the line. She also goes into how she wants to try something new, and she needs motivation to keep trying new things, and I guess where she is right now at COVER has kind of left her stumped. I wouldn't be surprised if part of it is due to her living with family (and therefore not being able to have a consistent schedule at all) but it may also be because she wants to either do something with Sachi that she couldn't do as Ame due to COVER's new rules, or because she wants to something beyond vtubing as a whole, like film or theater or continue her education.

Obviously, as a teamate (forever) I will hold out hope that she may wish to fully return as Ame one day. But evidently the current COVER isn't really for her, what with the concerts and projects they want, and shutting down what she wants to do. So I'm fully in support of wherever she goes in the future.

MINOR EDIT: She said she was even thinking of going back on the announcement up until she made it, but the "ball is already rolling" on plans for the other thing, and she "can't exactly stop it now". So it may really be something like a college degree.

Something I haven't seen anybody mention is that, coinciding with her announcement of becoming an affiliate, she also updated her Sachi account on twitter again. I dunno if anything will come of it, but it seems to imply that there really may be something she'll be doing as an indie.
I cant see the update brother
What it is?

Regret

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Something I haven't seen anybody mention is that, coinciding with her announcement of becoming an affiliate, she also updated her Sachi account on twitter again. I dunno if anything will come of it, but it seems to imply that there really may be something she'll be doing as an indie.
I had actually checked her Twitter randomly like 2 weeks ago and she had changed it from pachipea or whatever it was before to something else. Don't remember if it was changed to what it is now or not, though.

The link is her pachipea X account, btw.

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband
Theres a members stream in an hour

edit: stream delayed until tomorrow

Last edited:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
>Announces semi-graduation at the end of September
>Will be returning for a project in October

The Ame Way.

RiverBear

>Announces semi-graduation at the end of September
>Will be returning for a project in October

The Ame Way.
Lmao.
Well, I wouldnt be mad about that.

USS IOWA

Takowednesday

Often seen, rarely heard.
I know I am late and people have already said most that can be said but I want still to get my thoughts out as well.

i am not much of an Ame fan, in fact I didn't like watching her, but having her be the first MYTH to leave still hits me. for the last four years these girls have been through, probably, the worst of holo en and have laid the ground work for all generations there after. none more so than Ame. i feel for all the teamates that are losing their oshi and i cant help but think of if this was Ina instead (though one day it will be). i know Ame and COVER have left the door open for her to come back but there will still be a hole as you notice her mentioned less and less and basically not exist between the super rare appearances until she fades completely.

i have said before, back on kf I think, that cover has grown to the point that losing a few talents between generations is to be expected and we are seeing diverging visions between the path cover wants to take and some of their talents, like in the case of Aqua and Ame, with every policy change.

Hold onto your oshis folks, they are not forever.

thats all i want to say so now i will leave you with this gut wrenching comic:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
From what I can gather from her and MYTH's statements (especially Calli's) it seems like something's been going on with Ame behind the scenes--nothing too tragic or dramatic but something that is important--that made her choose between streaming & doing concerts or this important thing. Rather than outright quit over it, it looks like she and Cover came to some kind of agreement where she didn't have to quit, but she could step away from regular performing to focus on whatever it is. She did mentioning "negotiating her way to this."

Could be personal issues, could be better job opportunities, who knows. But she's not gone-gone, which is good.
It does feel like she wants to keep her options open which is honestly pretty smart, since full-on graduating the character and ending her contract is incredibly final and there's no reason to close the door fully if she isn't ready for that.

She might be staying on file as a fallback in case whatever she's up to doesn't work out, or she might just not want potential future sparks of inspiration to go to waste - and hell, there's a chance even she's not sure herself yet; but the fact she's willing to remain associated even in a loose capacity reflects well on the relationship between her and the company either way.

Sithis

Dread Father
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
She might be staying on file as a fallback in case whatever she's up to doesn't work out, or she might just not want potential future sparks of inspiration to go to waste - and hell, there's a chance even she's not sure herself yet; but the fact she's willing to remain associated even in a loose capacity reflects well on the relationship between her and the company either way.
Yeah, I have seen some dooming about ame but surprisingly not NEARLY as much as with Aqua, which is strange because you'd think EOPs would riot a lot more for one of their own than a random nip most of them have never watched. I think people subconsciously understand that if Ame and Cover didn't like each other this deal they've struck could not exist, if Cover wanted her out they'd simply terminate her, if she wanted out she'd graduate and return as an indie the next day.

I am one of the people who thinks ame could very comfortably slip into a managerial or back-end position in future.

frz

Yeah, I have seen some dooming about ame but surprisingly not NEARLY as much as with Aqua, which is strange because you'd think EOPs would riot a lot more for one of their own than a random nip most of them have never watched.
well aqua announcement came off a 100 day streaming streak where it seemed like she was having the time of her life
Meanwhile ayame, ame, gura, shion, mumei, choco fell into the "why aren't they gone yet" category.
It will probs be a long time until we see another aqua-level graduation again as people usually lost their drive to stream/conduct holo activities nearing the end of the time.

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister
Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
That reminds me of what I should do today, following her twitter account.

Edit: Well shit. I can't find her twitter account. It looks like she deleted it. :pippasadl::ameraintear:
I had actually checked her Twitter randomly like 2 weeks ago and she had changed it from pachipea or whatever it was before to something else. Don't remember if it was changed to what it is now or not, though.

angry sushi

Early Adopter

Teammates are about to explode that as they google updates for her, i wonder if she'll go protected mode soon

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter

The name change to dachiowo was there since a few months ago, not sure exactly when though. The "update downloading" part is definitely new, don't remember what was her old twitter description.

RiverBear

I fully subscribe to the idea that Watson leaving was severely going to fuck up Cover's IP plans (especially with the new card game, anime project i.e. HoloWitches, HoloEarth and what now) and her soft graduating is just a means for Cover to keep the IP while she is free to go do as she pleases

Not sure how I think about this route in the near future (this kinda harkens to Niji's multiple year "breaks" and still selling Merch of characters while they are no longer active) but I also kind of feel like it solves the issue of VTuber character IP/Merch always having been dependent on whether or not the character is still in your employment

At the end of the day, if it benefits both parties (Cover keeps the IP for use in outside projects while the talent is able to come back for events) I wouldnt be mad but only time will tell

Are you Sure?

This sounds like someone who hasn't watched Council since 2022. The Promise girls, especially, have been getting along amazingly well as a group for a long time now.

This is a fair assessment.

Honestly, I had written a whole essay trying to prove my point, then another essay to counter my own point but I just ended up deleting all of it.

Bottomline is, losing Ame is a deep blow to us all.

Support your Oshi's while you can, because you will never know when it will all end.

:sanasmile::vesperfacepalm:

Negzana

I think the contract that Ame got with Cover works best for talents who want to be part of Hololive but soft retire. Gives them more leway.
This is a fair assessment.

Honestly, I had written a whole essay trying to prove my point, then another essay to counter my own point but I just ended up deleting all of it.

Bottomline is, losing Ame is a deep blow to us all.

Support your Oshi's while you can, because you will never know when it will all end.

:sanasmile::vesperfacepalm:
Kaela will stay until cover falls or her mutant genes give out

frz

I fully subscribe to the idea that Watson leaving was severely going to fuck up Cover's IP plans (especially with the new card game, anime project i.e. HoloWitches, HoloEarth and what now) and her soft graduating is just a means for Cover to keep the IP while she is free to go do as she pleases

Not sure how I think about this route in the near future (this kinda harkens to Niji's multiple year "breaks" and still selling Merch of characters while they are no longer active) but I also kind of feel like it solves the issue of VTuber character IP/Merch always having been dependent on whether or not the character is still in your employment

At the end of the day, if it benefits both parties (Cover keeps the IP for use in outside projects while the talent is able to come back for events) I wouldnt be mad but only time will tell
I'm sorry for writing so much bait in here riverbear became the voice of reason

Top Bottom