"If not fuckable, why sleeve shaped?"Kirschey

AkioAIR: Hiring a minor was only the tip of the mismanagement iceberg. How to destroy an agency in under 1 month.

niggaphil

:smugselen:Yeah sure menhera cat-rabbit, I'll give you an industry change.
Maybe, just maybe, idiotic 1view indies could... idk...? STOP. FALLING. FOR. SHADY. FUCKING. CORPO. SCAMS?! Maybe people SHOULD read their fucking contracts through with their lawyer, and maybe get it through their damn heads that when you sign with an agency, no matter how unprofessional it may seem, it's still a god damn job? This isn't a hobby, or some fun little gig that you do to feel liked, THIS IS A JOB, and until idiots stop falling for some chink with a bunch of money to spare trying to make a personal harem of e-girls, this will not stop happening.
To be fair, with the Akio's chinklish language, even english native speaking lawyers would have hard time in reading and understanding their written contract. The chink would argue that this is not what they mean with the written contract, and made a fuzz about it

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Let me just rephrase my statement as an easy question to get my point across: How does WACTOR still get applications?

Not a comparable situation. Athy was part of Akio's first generation and would have had no way of knowing how bad the situation would be, or how it would become.

If someone were to apply to Akio now and then find themselves in a bad situation, I would be less sympathetic. But under Athy's circumstances it looks like you're blaming the victim.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Not a comparable situation. Athy was part of Akio's first generation and would have had no way of knowing how bad the situation would be, or how it would become.

If someone were to apply to Akio now and then find themselves in a bad situation, I would be less sympathetic. But under Athy's circumstances it looks like you're blaming the victim.
Well I didn't even mention her, sure she's the topic of conversation atm but my statement was directed at that tweet by not-yuri about the industry as a whole.
In my thought process there is no real way to stop this black company business unless people stop falling for it, since I seriously doubt that there's gonna be a vtuber union or something like that and legal action is both tricky against bodies in other countries and favors corps over individuals while also not being up to date with the virtual landscape.

The akio girl's statement says a lot to me about the mindset of that company, they act like she has absolutely no leverage in their relationship, they command and she follows. It strikes me as weird because normally the talent should have SOME kind of leverage, my only explanation for this is that the company treats their talent as absolutely replaceable, because they know (or at least think) they can just pull another clueless nobody from the pile to replace them once the originals get tired of the shit. It logically stems from the problem I laid out above.

This is just what I get from this whole debacle, I don't blame her nor did I ever claim to.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

I feel that people in the entertainment industry are easily convinced to take really sub-standard conditions because they're in the entertainment industry. You shouldn't have to be pestering your boss for your pay, you should know when to expect your pay and you should get it at that time. If you need stuff to do your job, you should get the stuff you need to do your job. And you should expect professional communication from management. It sounds like the talents at Akio weren't getting any of that.

I don't know how long Athy had to put up with the stuff she did, but I'm getting the impression that she did for far longer than she should have and should have left far sooner than she did.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
The akio girl's statement says a lot to me about the mindset of that company, they act like she has absolutely no leverage in their relationship, they command and she follows. It strikes me as weird because normally the talent should have SOME kind of leverage, my only explanation for this is that the company treats their talent as absolutely replaceable, because they know (or at least think) they can just pull another clueless nobody from the pile to replace them once the originals get tired of the shit. It logically stems from the problem I laid out above.
And thats actually wrong really. Nobody thinks that, cause nobody is that clueless or shortsighted. Kizuna AI incident set a precedent that people aren't there for a model, people are there for a talent. Replace the talent and you not only will lose in profit, but lose a lot in trust and prestige. What you see from the situations with Wactor and AkioAir is not moves of shortsightness, but desperation. Doxes and blackmailing are there to keep the talent in no matter what, cause they can't give a talent anything else.

Now for the Wactor applications, you've got to consider how many of them are actually serious about joining something like Wactor. Sadly, numbers that you are I are not going to see ever since pretty much everyone can pull a Niji and leak everything without even signing an NDA. Or maybe applied for fun cause black company bad and funny. or maybe applied in bulk as last last resort if everything else fails and they are desperate. Again, in the field where the personality is king you've got to see every single case individually.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Wrong you Yamanba. It can't be considered "slander and defamation" because
a) Slander is a spoken utterance, libel is when it's a printed or posted document
b) You can, in this free Earth we still walk by, still produce a comment or opinion without being placed under scrutiny without cause, it's called hearsay
c) A court of law must examine cause and then, at the end, find whether the posted message indeed constitutes injurious defamation or degradation of your public image
d) Given that so far all you've done is threaten mentally unstable e-women with legal action for refusing to be groomed into your pathetic circle I'd say, your chances of winning litigation are bordering around 0%

Early Adopter
Wrong you Yamanba. It can't be considered "slander and defamation" because
a) Slander is a spoken utterance, libel is when it's a printed or posted document
b) You can, in this free Earth we still walk by, still produce a comment or opinion without being placed under scrutiny without cause, it's called hearsay
c) A court of law must examine cause and then, at the end, find whether the posted message indeed constitutes injurious defamation or degradation of your public image
d) Given that so far all you've done is threaten mentally unstable e-women with legal action for refusing to be groomed into your pathetic circle I'd say, your chances of winning litigation are bordering around 0%
e) He'll get counterclaimed with blackmail if he tries

edit: i think thats tarded to segregate vtuber discussion to 300 different threads esp with a big stuff happening as we speak. General is "General" for a reason.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
edit: i think thats tarded to segregate vtuber discussion to 300 different threads esp with a big stuff happening as we speak. General is "General" for a reason.

When I want your opinion I'll lift the sanctions.

Early Adopter

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Athy is a pretty good talent, decent singer, hard worker, and also has a pretty stressful full time career as a nurse.

And since joining the company has always seemed extra stressed even for her, even beyond the normal for her job. I wondered a bit about this because one of Aiko Air's primary selling point was "we're totally not a black company" with a laundry list of perceived things a black company does that they totally wouldn't do. They were mocked a bit for that back then and I'm laughing at it even now.

Hope Athy has a better time going forward, she's an genuine talent.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
ARCHIVE EVERYTHING.

They're really doubling down on this "health issues" bullshit, huh.

tard me if you wish but AkioAir fine whatever Akio on air a decent name for a company trying to do streaming stuff. but were they really planning to go through the elements when i don't see any water theming (or air theming for that matter) in any of their talents if your gonna theme your waves at least stick to it you lazy hack bums.

I just got a YouTube ad for AikoAir, like why? If I was them I'd go under the radar like EIEN and sort my shit out, not put out ads on YouTube
chances are they already paid for them and had them set to start airing around the time of the wave premier more expensive to cancel them or too much logistical fuckery or what have you. Remember shit like advertising is planned and paid for months in advance.

I have a post on page 557 of general that is replying to Nene's posts in this thread might want to move it thanks in advance Janny.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
but were they really planning to go through the elements when i don't see any water theming (or air theming for that matter) in any of their talents if your gonna theme your waves at least stick to it you lazy hack bums.

Azuri Delfi is a dolphin and Nophi is a frog.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Rather than hype up their soon-to-debut new talents, Akio has dropped a 7-page response to Athy's accusations. I haven't read it yet but will post a summary when I'm done. PDF attached if you don't want to touch the Google Drive link.

Edit: The document cites that Athy asked for early termination earlier in September. Akio agreed to post a graduation announcement for her in November. It's unclear if Athy agreed to their terms. They allege three serious breaches in contract after this. The first is vague: "Athy then willingly involved in activities that can be expected to damage the company's operation and stability within the company." Akio asked her to apologize for the incident but she did not do so. The second was the first post about leaving Akio, which they confirm was taken down at their insistence. They say Athy asked for exact details of the damages of her actions within an unreasonably short amount of time. They let her know that their legal team was angry about the violation. Really interesting bit:

She insisted that fixing this problem (she first caused it in the first place) should be enough for settlement, and we should forgive her and not press any legal action against her.

Creating a problem and then providing a solution to the problem doesn’t seem very ethical.

The third breach was the announcement yesterday.

The document outlines some of the investments Akio made in Athy despite her irregular breaks. Payment issues are explained as issues with international money transfer and taxation. They claim that Nophi notified Athy of her minor status well before their tweet about it.

We are willing to drop any lawsuit against them once again and opt for a peaceful resolution; as long as she apologizes sincerely publicly, we will NOT pursue any legal action against Athy.

Otherwise, we will be forced to clear our names in the courtroom.

They end with discussing the importance of contracts and why they must uphold their side of them.

Attachments

• Notice of Termination - Regarding Our Response Towards Athena Nightingale's Accusation.pdf
    83.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

niggaphil

AkioAir putting this document up before their vtuber debut in few hours? What could possibly go wrong?

I am expecting trashfires in the chat in later debut, and Proctor will stream and watch it burn with his popcorns :smugselen:

DelusionTree

Lean on me
Early Adopter
Akio has dropped a 7-page response to Athy's accusations. I haven't read it yet but will post a summary when I'm done.

Well this doesn't read like it was written by company legal.
Removing the fluff, Jason basically says Athy is a lying selfish bitch and wants a public apology and retraction or he will sue. After that Athy can fuck off.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
a friendly reminder to not use your personal google account to access that google drive file

yes it's hot off the presses, but self-preservation will get you far

Early Adopter
Athy then willingly involved in activities that can be expected to damage the company'soperation and stability within the company. Her actions could cause more unwanted damage asa direct result.This involvement was uncalled for simply for these reasons:
● The activities she was involved in are not directly related to Athy
● The contract would naturally absolve without the need to participate in this event as we have already agreed upon a peaceful termination.
Activities are obfuscated, ofc. Cause it most defo related to them hiring a minor.
She demanded we provide the details and the contract needed to peacefully terminate the contract within 2 and a half days. Given the time frame, it is hard to draft a legal document on such short notice, not counting that we were preparing for debut, and a lot of materials needed to be remade and handled too.
Which is a problem of the talent how?
We offered resources in the past in order to grow her channel, including the following:
1. Licenses for mixing program: Athy requested the company for the purchase as she likesto mix songs as her hobby on the way to work. While it is not directly related to VTubing, she told us that she could mix her own song and also offer help to the gemmates; therefore, we agreed. Despite receiving little to no returns as initially anticipated, we didn’t discontinue the license.
2. Invest a huge sum of money to promote her cover songs, including Ghost, Lacrimosa, and other covers. During the promotion period for Ghost, her channel grew as a result and made us interested in investing in more.
3. Offering a 2.0 model as an incentive for her to stream more regularly.
4. Offering to release cover songs every month, but was rejected by Athy herself as she claimed she would be unable to perform again due to mental health issues from her workplace outside AkioAIR at the time.
5. A chibi model made only for her per her request
What, now we are doing business like pimps do? Look at all the fancy things we got for our bitch, shes such an ungrateful slut.
Regarding payment, our payments are not paid by the month but per talent request to save off transaction fees and the cumbersome process that international transactions may ensue. While we have reminded Athy multiple times that we are request-based, we agree that even if it saves everyone some fees and trouble, talents may feel like the last payment was forever ago.
Which is absolutelly retarded system that confirms everyones suspicion about this company having no finances and blowing absolutelly everything on hookers before they have to pay up. What kind of worker has to ASK FOR PAYDAY?
Leaving us the option of informing her that we would take legal action as a last resort. It was nota threat, but the only option we had left, hoping she would cooperate.

as long as she apologizes sincerely publicly, we will NOT pursue any legal action against Athy.

We have been willing to invest heavily in our talents
WE'VE BEEN DOING THE JOB WE WERE SUPPOSED TO DO, PLEASE ASSPAT US!!!!

What a fucking drag. Jason was really fucking wound up writing this repeating the same shit over and over and over again not fucking clarifying anything.
You know what. I approve of Chinas annexation of Taiwan.

¥€$

Archive Hoarder
That "lawyer up" stands out like a sore thumb. I wonder who proofread that massive vaguepost.

Early Adopter
That "lawyer up" stands out like a sore thumb. I wonder who proofread that massive vaguepost.
its not even vaguepost tho, Jason is such a fucking tard he CONFIRMED everything Acky said with this one.

Top Bottom