"This is what happens when you don't get abortions, kids"Pipkin Pippa

AkioAIR: Hiring a minor was only the tip of the mismanagement iceberg. How to destroy an agency in under 1 month.

Kalion

:)
I'm willing to put money down on a bet that Akio's "legal department" consists entirely of Jason.

Johnny Jambalaya

99%
Early Adopter
Ward Security
Clock's ticking.

This is incredibly enraging. I followed Gen 1 quite a bit so I am familiar. I could give him the benefit of the doubt that he was just fucking stupid ala the saying about don’t attribute to malice what can be attributed to stupidity.

It was malice. They not only fucked over the minor and her genmates but their pre-existing talents as well.

The faster this slimy fuck gets everything he’s ever worked for in his life wiped out the better. Good riddance. I pray everyone in the company has enough sense and courage to jump ship and leave him to rot.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Of course she had to wait until minutes after I updated the OP for today to drop that.

It sounds like things are even more screwed up there than we could even imagine. I shudder to think what is going through Jason's mind to justify keeping the minor around over everyone else.

Edit: Here's an OCRd version of the message for easier readability and searchability.

I want to announce that I will no longer be associated with AkioAIR, effective immediately.

I am fed up with all the legal threats and emotional abuse that I and the other talents of AkioAIR have been receiving from the company. There are several reasons why I have decided to leave AkioAIR.

Notably, the company refuses to pay me on time, and they have failed to support my projects several times. When I bring it up, they simply string me along and tell me it's not a good time. I have worked hard for this company and did my best for it, but they seem to just see me as just another employee for them to take advantage of and exploit.

The final straw, as you may be aware, AkioAIR announced on September 5th, acknowledging hiring a minor for our 2nd generation of talents, which I was unaware of until the actual post on Twitter. It reinforces the idea that they simply don't care about the company's talents. AkioAIR has continued to send baseless threats, stating that they would sue me due to "gross negligence" and "defamation." However, the company was the one who initially harmed our image as talents contracted under the company name.

They offered an alternative, a way to 'possibly' agree not to sue me. They told me to shut up and do whatever they say. To stream, to not post, to not talk to anyone. If I do this for at least 2 months, they'll give me a new list of demands for me to comply with. I asked them that if I did all this, would they promise not to sue me? Their response: No promises. They just asked me to 'trust' them. Even after complying with all their demands, they said they still may decide to turn around and sue me.

When I told them how absurd that was, that I could do everything they said and they would still come after me, they replied, "You are not in a position to make any requests."

The emotional manipulation and abuse didn't stop there. Our CEO, Jason, kept being hostile and personally threatened my livelihood and career as a nurse. Then, when I resist his demands, he pretends to be my savior, telling me that he's 'just trying to save me from the legal department' and that he's 'my only hope.' At that point, I felt so dirty and disgusted, and it made me realize how manipulative and emotionally abusive he is to me, and most likely not just me in the company.

I tried my best to find an amicable way to part ways, but it's now clear to me that, at best, he has just been wasting my time and, at worst, turning me into his personal "slave." While this company may be based on a VTubing fantasy, I am a real person, and this is real life!

I am done with AkioAIR and their professional mismanagement and emotional abuse. I have worked my ass off for AkioAIR for the past two years, and they decide to treat me like dirt and even threaten to sue me for everything I have without remorse. I just want Jason and his company to leave me alone, and I really hope that they will treat their future talents far better than they treated me.

I will not give up hope on this community. You are the reason why I continue to do what I love. I hope to have everyone's continued support in this matter. I apologize for making everyone worry, and I will keep everyone updated on future proceedings.

Athy

Last edited:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Of course she had to wait until minutes after I updated the OP for today to drop that.

It sounds like things are even more screwed up there than we could even imagine. I shudder to think what is going through Jason's mind to justify keeping the minor around over everyone else.
If I was a cynical man, she is probably cheaper than the other talents with less leverage and experience

Basically the classic, low risk high reward talent

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Still makes me laugh this entire thing all started with a single Tweet of the company confirming they hired a minor.

But that's really all that makes me laugh. While I could laugh at the continued fuck ups of the company, the problem is that affects others, mostly the talents, that don't deserve the malice and incompetence.

I don't know anything about Athy, but it's still sad and infuriating reading how that asshole threatened to sue her, threatened her livelihood, and everything else after giving the company two years of her life. I wish her all the best.

I don't see how the company can survive after everything that's happened this last month. There's no way this Jason shitbag can dig this company out of the hole he's dug and continues to dig. Fuck him, and I wish the best for the current and former talents.

Short

God Damn the Sun

pippaWut m.png
Thanks, Fishman very cool.

A

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
If I was a cynical man, she is probably cheaper than the other talents with less leverage and experience

Basically the classic, low risk high reward talent

That would make sense if this hadn't cost them five talents (including their highest-subbed talent) and a manager. By all accounts the scale should be tipped in favor of keeping them instead of the one single talent. Something in Jason's mind is saying that she outweighs all of them, and aside from some things I'd rather not think about I have no idea what it could be.

View attachment 47799Thanks, Fishman very cool.

A

Mmmmaybe not the appropriate time and place for a Family Guy GIF, Kevin.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

ogey_rrat

ogey
Jeez, what a piece of shit. I doubt Akio will be able to survive this, especially if the other talents that have already walked start talking as well.

Sven

Jesus if even one of those claims is true Akio would be in contention for blackest Vtuber corpo, if all of it is true I think they officially become the new low bar for vtubing and that's before the almost inevitable grooming reveal that feels like it's a breath away drops.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter

From the first paragraph, I am reminded of fishman's Q&A where he talked about one of the marks of a good corpo was being able to pay on time when the supas/sponsors come in or even in advance.
Other than that, she was really dumb to believe Jason after getting a suit threat.

dumb wings

Some AkioAIR drama in discord. Ceo is an idiot for replying and says it can be considered slander. Giving a lot of credibility to what Athy said. Apperently in akio discord but can't check since invites are paused. Got these from the threads.
1696061030004.jpeg
1696061009316.jpeg
1696061401972.jpeg

1696061047937.jpeg

1696061113517.jpeg

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Nano has an post that I'm sure in no way is an attempt to (incorrectly) insinuate any sort of similarity between Ako talents and herself:

Last edited:

dumb wings

UberSoldat

I think this thread should be renamed to a a more general title seeing as the scope of the drama has escalated well beyond the underage talent.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Nano has an post that I'm sure in no way is an attempt to (incorrectly) insinuate any sort of similarity between Ako talents and herself:

Yeah sure menhera cat-rabbit, I'll give you an industry change.
Maybe, just maybe, idiotic 1view indies could... idk...? STOP. FALLING. FOR. SHADY. FUCKING. CORPO. SCAMS?! Maybe people SHOULD read their fucking contracts through with their lawyer, and maybe get it through their damn heads that when you sign with an agency, no matter how unprofessional it may seem, it's still a god damn job? This isn't a hobby, or some fun little gig that you do to feel liked, THIS IS A JOB, and until idiots stop falling for some chink with a bunch of money to spare trying to make a personal harem of e-girls, this will not stop happening.

niggaphil

typical taiwan chink behaviour. If they cant win, they will threaten to sue you until you surrender. It always happened in taiwan. Spread rumour on internet? Call the police, and sue your ass. It just happened recently where government sue a dude who shitpost on the internet.

Too bad the AkioAir chink is too retarded, thought they can sue oversea worker with the Taiwan law. Bravo, you retarded Taiwan chink :smugselen:

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
I think this thread should be renamed to a a more general title seeing as the scope of the drama has escalated well beyond the underage talent.

Okay, done.

While doing so, I had a thought. Presumably Akio talents have a standard contract where they are paid some percentage of their channel's income, so there shouldn't be any reason they couldn't pay talents on time; take money in, peel off some percentage, then pass the rest to the talent. There shouldn't be any reason they would fail to pay their talents on such a scheme unless they were taking on debts or other financial obligations which they felt were more important to pay for than their employees. So assuming Athy's allegation about late pay is true, it backs up the /vt/ posts about the company being mismanaged. I understand the company will have some baseline of expenses which will need paying no matter how much income there is, but other tiny agencies have figured this out, so Jason could have as well if he had the knowledge and desire.

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
Yeah sure menhera cat-rabbit, I'll give you an industry change.
Maybe, just maybe, idiotic 1view indies could... idk...? STOP. FALLING. FOR. SHADY. FUCKING. CORPO. SCAMS?! Maybe people SHOULD read their fucking contracts through with their lawyer, and maybe get it through their damn heads that when you sign with an agency, no matter how unprofessional it may seem, it's still a god damn job? This isn't a hobby, or some fun little gig that you do to feel liked, THIS IS A JOB, and until idiots stop falling for some chink with a bunch of money to spare trying to make a personal harem of e-girls, this will not stop happening.

Homie, are you defending Akio's behavior? Do you think Athy's contract had any recourse for her when the company just didn't pay on time (assuming that's true)?

I generally agree that contracts should be read closely and adhered to, but when the other party just acts off the rails either within or outside the bounds of the contract, it's completely fair to rethink things.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Homie, are you defending Akio's behavior? Do you think Athy's contract had any recourse for her when the company just didn't pay on time (assuming that's true)?

I generally agree that contracts should be read closely and adhered to, but when the other party just acts off the rails either within or outside the bounds of the contract, it's completely fair to rethink things.
I'm obviously not, I literally called it a scam. But I can't blame the snake-oil salesman if people keep giving him business willingly.

Let me just rephrase my statement as an easy question to get my point across: How does WACTOR still get applications?

Top Bottom