"Cariope is haff ass!"Oozora Subaru

AkioAIR: Hiring a minor was only the tip of the mismanagement iceberg. How to destroy an agency in under 1 month.

Negzana

I wonder if this whole fiasco could be used by publications to paint a narrative about how the Vtuber industry exists to exploit the aspirations of young girls or something like that.
Or.... Chinks

famous artist pipkun

Mindflayer and Master Baiter
I feel that people in the entertainment industry are easily convinced to take really sub-standard conditions because they're in the entertainment industry. You shouldn't have to be pestering your boss for your pay, you should know when to expect your pay and you should get it at that time. If you need stuff to do your job, you should get the stuff you need to do your job. And you should expect professional communication from management. It sounds like the talents at Akio weren't getting any of that.
Its entertainment, thats the way it is for all entertainment work everywhere in the world. they're contractors so they sing and dance for peanuts with their own equipment and money. the alternative is to slog away in the indie coal mines hoping for a phase or idol to open auditions.

Maybe vtubers should form a union if they want on time pay or whatever.

lets say akio sues a talent, where would the lawsuit be? taiwan? or wherever the talent lives?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Maybe vtubers should form a union if they want on time pay or whatever.
Pls no, that would end up being controlled by a tránny furry pedophile vtweeter who would use it to slander the big corpos while blackmailing and pushing around smaller corpos and using their power to extort indies and push their political agenda. Unions are bullshit.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
Pls no, that would end up being controlled by a tránny furry pedophile vtweeter who would use it to slander the big corpos while blackmailing and pushing around smaller corpos and using their power to extort indies and push their political agenda. Unions are bullshit.
Screenshots_2023-09-20-13-11-11.png
NYPICHPDPICT000009354856-1.jpg

Last edited:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
AkioAir putting this document up before their vtuber debut in few hours? What could possibly go wrong?
Oof. This is like that one person taht keeps coming back trying to fight after everyone else is going home and tired of it.

She could pick any song to sing in her debut and she picks one where she's like " I'm sorry, I can't sing this part. It's too fast."

View attachment 47889
Common, shes probably stressed the fuck out and nervous. Calli (who by all intents is and purposes is a pro) constantly fucks up her Karaoke streams and has to restart songs and whatnot.

I am torn on this because both of the girls seem sweet and decent enough but everything surrounding them at this point is just negative. That said, I am sure that more than 50% of the people watching the debuts were there because of the company drama wanting to see the dumpster fire.

I think the minor will get a ton of creeps/whales trying to groom her with superchats (people on the internet suck).

Negzana

Kalion

:)
This going to an actual lawsuit would be funny.
Now I'm no lawyer, and I'm not sure which juristiction this would even happen in, but Athy could easily get away with saying that multiple verbal contracts were broken and none of Jason's/The Company's ends of the deals were ever upheld, therefore she had no reason to believe that any contract or agreement between the two would be fulfilled.
Especially since Jason was nice enough to put it all in public writing.

bothyourhouses

for all their flaws the worst Cover and PhaseConnect can be accused of is incompetence during critical situations and forcing their talents to sell overpriced coffee
Protecting a stalker/harasser manager (the Mel situation) goes beyond incompetence IMO. But yeah there are levels.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter
This going to an actual lawsuit would be funny.
Now I'm no lawyer, and I'm not sure which juristiction this would even happen in, but Athy could easily get away with saying that multiple verbal contracts were broken and none of Jason's/The Company's ends of the deals were ever upheld, therefore she had no reason to believe that any contract or agreement between the two would be fulfilled.
Especially since Jason was nice enough to put it all in public writing.
The very first vtuber sphere lolsuit? And an international one at that, seemingly.

:subaruclapping:

Zyklon Mag

Nophi twitlonger about alleged grooming when

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Kalion

:)
Again, not a lawyer, but if multiple people have proof of Jason threatening legal action but never following through with it, this is going to go very badly for him as courts normally view that as harrassment.

Zyklon Mag

Come on girls, leak the discord messages. I wanna see how much Nijisanji and WACTOR's baby can fuck up

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Oh boy there's still more

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

Hff201

Early Adopter
Again, not a lawyer, but if multiple people have proof of Jason threatening legal action but never following through with it, this is going to go very badly for him as courts normally view that as harrassment.
I think regardless of the legal implications, the legal threats are the biggest tell about Jason's character, since they're the most consistent trait between the statements. It shows him as very controlling, since while non-disclosure and non-disparagement agreements exist for a reason, they're usually in place to protect the company in case the contractor goes rogue, rather than something held over their head on a frequent basis.

There have been multiple anonymous implications that Jason is a groomer, based on his interactions with some of the girls in private calls, and his insistence on them ending their IRL relationships. I think with serious accusations like that, the accused is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. However, if this were to end up as a criminal trial rather than a civil one I think this will seriously hurt his case, since it has, at the very least, created an environment where he could take advantage of the girls if he wanted to.

I hope the remaining girls will get out as soon as they're able to, since regardless of the specifics, this is not a healthy working relationship.

One more, as a treat.
Archive

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
@Dazzle I will give you the custom title 'Zelenskyy's Favourite Catamite' if you don't start archiving.

DelusionTree

Early Adopter
Can we start a poll on how many women Jason tried to groom?
Or days until the corpo folds?
Or how many more women will come forward?

Hff201

Early Adopter
Top Bottom