"Lui-nee, I want your kinoko"Kaela Kovalskia

vReverie Implosion Watch - Cheri Lupina and Erika Byakko graduation announced, other talents suddenly on PL accounts

bananabreadbowl

Lasakat? I think said they were working on a proper PR response, so that'll be fun to laugh at once they put that out.

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
get blasted with merch orders and lack of commuication
I wanted to ask that anyways, given how incompetent the management is, is there proof that they sent out or that people received Vrev merch?

Both Bri's and Umi's manager were recent hires.
As in, they were recently hired by Vreverie and then dipped the company together with the talent?

Bronze

Believe it or not, Indies do have managers regardless of how big they are. Both Bri's and Umi's manager were recent hires. Umi's manager is probably referring her work load and scheduling of her streams.

Edit: Hetaro, the co founder of Vrev is owning up to his mistakes. He claims there will be a shake up and "changes" after the girls' graduation. Fans calling him out on his corporate lip service. Lasakat, the other founder---get blasted with merch orders and lack of commuication.
Even if its not lip service, its extremely difficult to come back from this. When nova graduates they will be back at step 0 in terms of fanbase, but unlike the beginning they'll have bad reputation among potential talents and community. They'll have to convince gen 3 to stay and work hard to rebuild the lost goodwill and even that's not guaranteed to work.

ThatGuyFromThe213

I wanted to ask that anyways, given how incompetent the management is, is there proof that they sent out or that people received Vrev merch?

As in, they were recently hired by Vreverie and then dipped the company together with the talent?
All they can give is a tracking number and confirmation of an estimate time. It was to be believe that ALL merch will be delivered by late January, now I hear it's somewhere around late March. I'm still waiting for my sign Ophie wall scroll, which was WAY BACK in August. There are times fans have to DM multiple times to Laskat and Hetaro to get their attention.

No, both Bri's and Umi's manager were hired weeks after their corpo graduation. From what I can dig up, Gucci, who is also a content creator as well and friends of Bri and Umi, is Bri's manager. As for Umi, she probably was recommended through connections with other Vtubers--is my guess.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Idk about you guys but this drama is boring AF, just a bunch of sadgirls and menheras vagueposting and venting about "SOMETHING". Sticker me but I struggle to see how this is any worse than Akio or Wactor or Niji or Tsunderia.

Cheri keeps venting about it months after she got out, what did they do that's so fucking traumatic???

fortnitesmasherX

Cheri keeps venting about it months after she got out, what did they do that's so fucking traumatic???
They had to watch Proctor's streams, and on 0.5x speed.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Idk about you guys but this drama is boring AF, just a bunch of sadgirls and menheras vagueposting and venting about "SOMETHING". Sticker me but I struggle to see how this is any worse than Akio or Wactor or Niji or Tsunderia.

I don't care about the drama, I care about knowing why it happened so that other vtubers don't fall into the same trap.

ThatGuyFromThe213

I don't care about the drama, I care about knowing why it happened so that other vtubers don't fall into the same trap.
Management and restricting the talents creative liberties is the main issue.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Management and restricting the talents creative liberties is the main issue.
That's... not that out there tbh, most imploding corpos' main issue is poor/non-existent management. Also for the purposes of warning people it's useless since poor management won't be revealed until you're already in and signed with them.

bananabreadbowl

Well if they're willing to publicly try to pin shit on whatever talent they feel like spiting, I can only imagine what's going on behind the scenes. Plus yeah they seem to be pretty useless as far as actually doing anything FOR the talents.
And as far as prevention goes, there's not much you can do besides look for warning signs if they pop up before you audition. But you can't fix idiots thinking whatever happened to the people who came before won't happen to them given that they're still going to end up with a Gen 3 after everything.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
I have logged their feedback channel on the vReverie Gen2 Discord server. Absolute and total revolt. Clueless, banal, meaningless interaction from the team.

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull

I was just going to dumb sticker but I think that would be unfair of me. I think not knowing what happened is why this is so icky to me, it's like schrodinger's black company. It could just be incompetence, or the management could be actively malicious and no one's saying. The fact that they had auditions last month and have this still going on is messed up.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
I suspect the way for potential talents not falling into any sort of poorly-managed company would be to do the research beforehand.

For new vtuber companies, questions I'd ask during the interview would include: how much money will be spent on advertising, how does the company plan to differentiate itself from other vtuber companies, what is the planned management-to-talent ratio, what experience the CEO has that would be relevant to managing a vtuber company, and what benefits it offers for the split they intend to take from a vtuber's stream revenue.

For existing companies, the key metric would be turnover rate: a bunch of employees quitting or being fired would be a key indication that things are not well behind the scenes. Oh, and how a company treats the employees leaving it is how they'll be treating you if you leave in the future.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

Not really when you consider that people here hold Singapore as the beacon of pure light amidst the mud-throdden and rundown straw huts of SEA, especially when refered to by the pinoys and inodnesians. This whole vReverie Hindenburg-zeppelin goes to show that it really matters little where your black corpo comes from, the allure of a quick buck while screwing over people, the kikening as they say, reaches across all corners of the planet.

Xuhle

Bronze

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
LOL
2 streamers left, no future, still better PR than tardsanji.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
At this point, why would you not attempt to negotiate with the talents to sell the models to them at a reasonable price? The company is on fire, you might as well attempt to curry a small amount of goodwill with the fanbase and talents and at least make cents back on the dollar on the initial investment, and it's not as if the company is going to recover from this.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Top Bottom