"It's not my fault girls are so weak"Pavolia Reine

Vidya Games Thread

UberSoldat

Civvie covers the sort-of "black sheep" of Wolfenstein

UberSoldat

Piranha Bytes has issued a statement regarding the recent news about the state of the company

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
This retarded actual ni‎gger needs to calm the fuck down and get over something that is an admittedly darkly humourous feature of the gameplay and realize that some people are able to find humour in the absurdity of treating the abducted humans like any other 'mon in a monster collection game. The absolute madness that it's possible is amusing to a lot of people who would think of it and consider "They couldn't possibly let us do that, right?" only to find out... actually yes.

Besides, it's a fucking game. People aren't going to degenerate to the barbarism of slavery just because they're capable of doing it. This fucking negroid just wants to ride the current popularity trend to gripe about the fact he's Black Oppressing himself for attention yet again. Why's this motherfucker not ranting and raving about Rimworld, where the slavery, human trafficking, organ trafficking and many other atrocities are deeply baked into the game, even without extensive mods. Where is all the permanent outrage there?

Anyway, crocodile tears aside, I love this retarded piece of shit game. It's absolutely going to fall off and die painfully fast unless the devs don't suck cock and lean into the wave as hard as possible. It is most certainly more Ark than anything from my time with it, though I don't know the extensive intricacies of Ark past very early game there's something just extremely amusing about getting a raid message of some shit like "Group of Fangirls that cannot contain their overwhelming love" and getting rushed down by a pack of 7-8 nine foot tall pink scalies only for my concentration camp of war prisoners to turn around and gun them down in a firing line.

Now here's my big question over Palworld: How long do you think it will be until someone dumps the asset files and edits a vag into the cat witch model?
or it's a videogame. it's not that deep bro.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Palworld seems pretty good. I can see myself playing it for like 40-50 hours over the next few weeks before getting bored of it.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Fucking hilarious live action trailer for Persona 3 Reload with Aidan Gallagher

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

UberSoldat

Gman talks about some glaring problems with Graven

Seeing as Slipgate is operating with far less manpower I doubt they'll be able to address these properly. It's a damn shame, I was really looking forward to this game.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Piranha Bytes has issued a statement regarding the recent news about the state of the company

Ah fuck I hope they don't tank. I mean I'm not surprised their games are pretty autistic and niche, but they're also one of the few places you can still get that style of yuroRPG.
best pokemon games are made in RPGmaker or by hacking a rom. we are autistic and we will make better games to spite Gamefreak.
Not counting remakes like ORAS, I think I've played Pokemon Uranium more than any other main title since like DPP.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Not counting remakes like ORAS, I think I've played Pokemon Uranium more than any other main title since like DPP.
I think Elite Redux has stolen most of my time i'm currently running through Fire Emblem Cerulean Coast cause i wanted a break from pokemon and then ill be downloading Pokemon:Xenoverse

Fangames and Hacks are where Pokemon can really shine as a formula with some minor tweeks to the core game and expansion on things like weather terrain and abilities it can easily achieve more strategic depth then the mainline games would suggest and they still refuse to either add QOL features or accept people are gonna hack in (legal) pokemon.

fuck TPC for letting GF keep the license and fuck GF for cranking out minimally improved sequels with unnecessary new gimmicks and completly abandoning spinoff titles.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
I actually haven't ever played any romhacks. Been meaning to play some Pokémon and FE ones, but never got around to it. Maybe this weekend, I'll look into it.

chihirogumi

Does anyone here think Palworld's staying power will eventually need to rely on any of the individual Pals becoming a marketing hit like Pikachu, the starter Pokemon, and Mewtwo? I haven't played the game yet, but none of them really stand out to me in all the content, discussion, and memes I've seen.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Does anyone here think Palworld's staying power will eventually need to rely on any of the individual Pals becoming a marketing hit like Pikachu, the starter Pokemon, and Mewtwo? I haven't played the game yet, but none of them really stand out to me in all the content, discussion, and memes I've seen.
How marketable have Ark's dinos been?

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Not a chance. Their popularity comes from the show, not the games.

YugiBro

Casting Yamanba Magic
I think Palworld's staying power will come from development making it a complete game with things like a comprehendible story and being able to hit your friends.

In my mind, if Palworld refines what is there, it can enter the hall of fame of good survival crafters like Minecraft or Subnautica that you play because you want to explore a big world with stuff in it that might kill you.

Staying power isn't in plushies or merch, but in having a good game that can be played. That said it is nice that Palworld can sell plushies for those into that sort of thing.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I feel like Palworld's staying power will come from the devs delivering content, they've already announced what is in the future. The gameplay loop of the exploration/building is great and could definitely do with some improvements. The boss fights are also surprisingly entertaining and if they can deliver on raid bosses, it's going to be fine. I foresee a big issue is that as you get further into the game, there's far less stuff you can automate for your pals and you'll have to farm yourself, which is eventually going to be where people fall off.
GEmdUZxbkAAn5e3

They've also started hiring more people, so they're actually following through with it since they realized they hit gold. If it maintains any semblance of relevancy in 6 months/1 year, I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft tries to buy them since they can't buy Nintendo.

I don't really expect any of the Pals to explode in marketing popularity though, I have seen people bond with specific Pals though.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Not a chance. Their popularity comes from the show, not the games.
Ehhhh somewhat. I mean obviously even if it's the better game its NEVER in a million years gonna catch on like pokemon did but I fully expect it to get "popular with the streamers" levels of marketing and knock off merch (ever walked into a game store and be greeted by walls of bendy and the ink machine and fall guys?)

I mean their game mascot despite loooking like a Eletabuzz is also clearly a Pikachu
I actually haven't ever played any romhacks. Been meaning to play some Pokémon and FE ones, but never got around to it. Maybe this weekend, I'll look into it.
FEUniverse and PokeCommunity are good repositories of hacks

Ive recommended a few pokehacks here so ill just restate Pokemon Unbound Pokemon Insurgence (specifically it's re balance hack Resurgance) are two examples of really good custom region work. Elite Redux and Emerald Rouge are a great sandbox Run & Bun is probably the most fun ive had with a straight difficulty hack

as for Fire Emblem Deity Device Cerulean Coast are my top two currently theres also Poke emblem which was fun.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
there's far less stuff you can automate for your pals and you'll have to farm yourself, which is eventually going to be where people fall off.
Easy solution. Add more Pals that automate those new upper level tasks.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I mean their game mascot despite loooking like a Eletabuzz is also clearly a Pikachu
There's like no game mascot. Grizzbolt is pointed to a lot because he's part of the first tower battle and everyone has done that one by now. Meanwhile Relaxaurus is the Pal used for the game icon.
Easy solution. Add more Pals that automate those new upper level tasks.
Yeah, they already have a system in place to address that. One of the big bottlenecks that people are going to run into is sulfur, which is needed for gunpowder. Only way to get sulfur is from dungeons but they can just add in Pals that have a skill where they sometimes drop sulfur when assigned to the ranch. They can also just create a new station like a mini volcanic pit that lets a pal with kindling produce sulfur and keep it far down in the tech tree so low levels aren't spamming bullets with handguns the moment they make a handgun but high level players will be more freed up.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
Top Bottom