"Can I say 'happy birthday' to Phase Connect, everyone at Phase Connect, except for Sakana"Lia Rinkou's mom

Vidya Games Thread

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Only two and a half weeks until Persona 3 Reload comes out. I didn't have it back in the PS2 days, and I never got around to emulating it. I played about 20 hours of P3P when it came out on Steam, but then I heard that it was getting a remake and decided to just wait for that.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
As someone familiar with the Bethesda modding community, this shit is having me rolling.

Bong police confiscate a woman's PC for having furry sex mods from Lovers Lab. :whatastory:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
As someone familiar with the Bethesda modding community, this shit is having me rolling.

Bong police confiscate a woman's PC for having furry sex mods from Lovers Lab. :whatastory:

on one hand. Yiff in hell. on the other how bored do you have to be to take a report like this seriously did the cops run out of donuts?

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

on one hand. Yiff in hell. on the other how bored do you have to be to take a report like this seriously did the cops run out of donuts?

If the further updates are mostly true, the guy made a pass at the man's wife/she rejected him (maybe had in the past) and then started rummaging through her computer. He's more like a stalker and it's entirely likely he knew a lot about the woman. It's also safe to assume that the stalker could have downloaded & installed something grotesque.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

With friends like those....

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Wasn't really in the mood for a metroidvania game today (yesterday), so I decided to try out Ara Fell. If you're a fan of SNES-era JRPGs, you'll probably enjoy it. I've gotten seven hours into it in a single session. Which is kind of a problem, since I should have gone to bed hours ago. Thankfully, I have today off.
Put another ten hours into it. Which I'm really wishing I hadn't, because it's nine in the fucking morning and I haven't gone to sleep yet. Thankfully I also have today off. Anyway, I'm still enjoying it. Though, I'm pretty sure that's because I turned on the Story Mode difficulty option once battles started becoming a slog. This works by adding another option to the battle menu called Story Mode which instantly kills all of the enemies, and I've been using this on almost all of the non-boss battles for the past seven hours or so.

On a related note, I'm not sure if I just accidentally skipped through the dialogue box or if the game doesn't tell you about it, but I found out in the final dungeon that you can upgrade your skills through the menu. I kept thinking that I'd unlock something that would let me use the various orbs I had been collecting throughout the game, but when I reached the final dungeon, I decided to just look it up online. Maybe there's a character in one of the towns that can use them to upgrade your characters? Nope, just go into the menu and click the "Skills" option. I know it's an indie game that was started on RPG Maker and then ported to Unity, but come on man, this is a really important feature.

Anyway, despite my complaints, I've still put 17 hours into this over the course of two gaming sessions. Like I said in my last post, I definitely recommend this if it looks like something you'd be interested in. Apparently there's a free demo on Steam, so you can try it out.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
What's the story on Pocketpair, the JP dev of both Craftopia and Palworld?
Seemingly poised to maybe cause a big ruckus in the "open world adventure" category of games.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
What's the story on Pocketpair, the JP dev of both Craftopia and Palworld?
Seemingly poised to maybe cause a big ruckus in the "open world adventure" category of games.

Craftopia, their previous game, is a culmination of every single major/popular game mechanic within the past decade distilled in a BOTW-style format. It was initially level based, but took 1.5 years of development to re-design the game as completely open world, and they're still fixing the bugs and performance issues while adding content. So, people were skeptical of Palworld also releasing in early access, since Craftopia is also in early access and has shoddy performance, but the gameplay loop is excellent (as all the individual parts were already proven in the major releases they're from). Craftopia is built on Unity, Palworld on UE5.

So it is surprising that Palworld runs well as it does, and that it is exactly as advertised, because people thought the game was a scam for years, but now it seems to be turning into an overnight sensation, now that it's in the hands of streamers growing addicted to the game.

Fun fact: Lia was going to play Craftopia back when she was Ashelia Rinkou, but cancelled the stream and never really went back to it - this was also before the open world update. Perhaps winds have changed and she'll revisit it through the hype of Palworld?

Last edited:

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Tangientially funny gacha-shit drama

TL;DR chinks who simped for a gacha character from Girls Frontline 2, seethed because she interacted with a male (seemingly a literal janny too) on stream a VN segment and maybe had a pendant that shared a chinese character with that male

To add within this whole thing, the game's segment with that bit wasn't even in playable state (IIRC this was during open beta test and datamined from it), and the chinese seethe was so great that the producer, Yuzhong, ended up having to somewhat apologize for it.

Now that the game is launched in Chinese server, the event with that character is still happening (iirc just finished a week ago, but added into event archive for replayability), though the story itself is changed to be more of a big pile of reference to Girls Frontline 1 and iirc the whole interaction of the character with male thingie is dropped. The seethe only changed some bits on launch, considering the game itself doesn't falter and even becoming stonks in rating and cash.

All in all, chink seethe didn't work, GFL2 is still alive for now (and richer) and Girls Frontline is ensured to keep on surviving by feeding on other gacha games EOS (End of Services)

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
So it is surprising that Palworld runs well as it does, and that it is exactly as advertised, because people thought the game was a scam for years, but now it seems to be turning into an overnight sensation, now that it's in the hands of streamers growing addicted to the game.
I've had my eye on Palworld for a while now. Seemed like a fun concept. Pippa was loving the hell out of it even just getting through the tutorial. She immediately scheduled her next stream to play it again.

So, I'll probably pick it up when it comes out. I usually try not to get too hyped for game releases, so I'll still temper my expectations, but it's good to see people have been enjoying it so far.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
A month and a half until Vanillaware's new entry Unicorn Overlord is released. This time they're taking on TRPGs in their own way. It appears to be coming out on all consoles, but no PC release announced yet. They're starting to drop gameplay videos in preparation for the release.

In classic Vanillaware fashion of scrambling the game formula they're working with, it's looking like it's going to also have elements of grand strategy games baked into it.

As well as social features from something more akin to Fire Emblem

Too many good games coming out in the next few months between this, P3R, FF7 Rebirth, and Dragon's Dogma 2.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
The music in the trailer sounded so much like Akiko Shikata I was genuinely surprised to see it wasn't her.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
so basically what i wanted from triangle strategy. know what i'm buying next.

UberSoldat

Last edited:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Gamefreak had the balls to release an unfinished mess that was Scarlet/Violet with a fuckton of performance issues that still persist to this day and these titles still managed to become one of their best-selling games ever. No matter how shitty the games are, pokemon fans are still going to buy it regardless, they deserve being screwed by GF.

Honestly, all i want is hd2d remake of BW but we'll probably get another shitty 3d embarrassment like bdsp.
:depressedtako:
Despite the performance issues and other flaws, I still think S/V were a step in the right direction for the series, with the open world format being a rare step forward that made the game enjoyable despite its problems. If GF had more time to work out its kinks, and make more than a handful of the boss fights actually difficult, it could've been a top-tier entry in the series, but as it is it's still the best Pokemon game of the last 3 generations. Black and White should never be touched, they hold up to this day (even in terms of graphics; the unique aesthetics of the generation make it look good in spite of the DS' limited hardware capabilities) and as you said, Game Freak would just sell it out to a 3rd party and they'd fuck it up, just like BD/SP. GF has arguably never been good at remakes, but I'm certain they'll never top even their better ones like HG/SS or OR/AS.

Negzana

Despite the performance issues and other flaws, I still think S/V were a step in the right direction for the series, with the open world format being a rare step forward that made the game enjoyable despite its problems. If GF had more time to work out its kinks, and make more than a handful of the boss fights actually difficult, it could've been a top-tier entry in the series, but as it is it's still the best Pokemon game of the last 3 generations. Black and White should never be touched, they hold up to this day (even in terms of graphics; the unique aesthetics of the generation make it look good in spite of the DS' limited hardware capabilities) and as you said, Game Freak would just sell it out to a 3rd party and they'd fuck it up, just like BD/SP. GF has arguably never been good at remakes, but I'm certain they'll never top even their better ones like HG/SS or OR/AS.
The only thing I would want them to ever touch is just add in fairy type and some fairy type TMs. The dual screen and IR stuff obviously would have to be modified, but add fairy type and I don't think there is a single thing outdated about BW1/2 beyond HMs.

It's so easy GF don't try to build a shit remake from scratch just modify the old game for Switch

braindoko

The only thing I would want them to ever touch is just add in fairy type and some fairy type TMs. The dual screen and IR stuff obviously would have to be modified, but add fairy type and I don't think there is a single thing outdated about BW1/2 beyond HMs.

It's so easy GF don't try to build a shit remake from scratch just modify the old game for Switch
Switch 2 will have 2 screens. Trust the plan
There's also this thing
UFXbxYeGt6wRKmKObKtFcc3NOJYwITuh9ygaVz1b.jpg

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Despite the performance issues and other flaws, I still think S/V were a step in the right direction for the series, with the open world format being a rare step forward that made the game enjoyable despite its problems. If GF had more time to work out its kinks, and make more than a handful of the boss fights actually difficult, it could've been a top-tier entry in the series, but as it is it's still the best Pokemon game of the last 3 generations.
Being the best of the last 3 gens is not really a high bar but i agree that S/V had some neat ideas, terastallization is great gimmick and raising competitive pokemons is way more acessible than it used to be. The problem for me, beside the bugs, is the lack of level scaling on gym leaders and such, like, you can do it in any order you want but there's clearly a 'correct' order to follow and that annoyed me a bit because Gamefreak could've done a better job at the level curve.
but I'm certain they'll never top even their better ones like HG/SS or OR/AS.
Man, i'm still mad to this day that they didn't bring Battle Frontier to OR/AS, instead they copypasted Battle Maison from XY and called it a day. Unbelievable.

Last edited:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

DOOM and DOOM Eternal are on sale on HumbleBundle. $3.99 and $9.99 respectively.

Top Bottom