"In a call between my manager and their manager, I was told of my New Years suspension, and that DMing a manager was one of the reasons I was being suspended"Zaion LanZa

Vidya Games Thread

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Since I normally just come here to bitch about games I'm not enjoying, here's one that I like. After dropping MHW after another hour, I started up Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. As someone whose first Castlevania game was Aria of Sorrow, I'm really enjoying it so far. Haven't gotten too far into it, though, so it might go downhill later on.
Bloodstained has some issues, but it still scratches that itch real good.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
League of Legends update dropped.

Mythics are gone 🎉

Top is Larger 🎉

Jungle Path Changes 🎉

not sure exactly how many of us play but figured i would ask about what people think when they have more time to try it.

UberSoldat

Gman reviews the best thing to come out of X-Men Origins (aside from Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool)

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Since I normally just come here to bitch about games I'm not enjoying, here's one that I like. After dropping MHW after another hour, I started up Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. As someone whose first Castlevania game was Aria of Sorrow, I'm really enjoying it so far. Haven't gotten too far into it, though, so it might go downhill later on.
All the Bloodstained games are pretty good. This is a pretty good era for Castlevania clones in general, and Iga actually is in charge of the Bloodstained games.

The video he made on the Kickstarter page is funny:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
All the Bloodstained games are pretty good. This is a pretty good era for Castlevania clones in general, and Iga actually is in charge of the Bloodstained games.

The video he made on the Kickstarter page is funny:

No kidding. I didn't bother looking into who made the game, but that's actually pretty cool.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
No kidding. I didn't bother looking into who made the game, but that's actually pretty cool.
it's why the unofficial second name of the genre is IGAvania though with the resurgence of Metroid i'm pretty sure people went back to saying Metroidvania.

Dread is great I kinda regret waiting on it for so long but in my defense something else always caught my eye first.

obligatory the only thing of worth Stephany ever did FucKonami.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
it's why the unofficial second name of the genre is IGAvania though with the resurgence of Metroid i'm pretty sure people went back to saying Metroidvania.
I think there's a bit of distinction between the two, in that Metroid has a wide variety of abilities to find, while IGAvanias tend to have a few abilities to find and a ton of items to farm for.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Im on company time bear with me

MyHouse.wad is such an unimaginative of piece trash the public eye couldn't NOT pay attention to it. Hardly impressive technically, bland architecturally, with gameplay of an egglike and a story being just a tier above sonic.exe. With random ideas being mentioned but never developed ingame, or so vague you hardly understand whats going on without reading complimentary material which is also written like shit. This creates a product that neither shows, nor tells what it has to say, if it ever had anything.

Architecture and engine tricks that are used in this map can be done is boom without any problem besides backrooms shit and scripred sequences of the labyrinth and hospital, all which are more of the easter eggs anyway, and not core to the wad experience. All of the above honestly makes me baffled when someone gushes about technical complexity of the wad, cause there aint none!

Gameplay? There is none? Its like if you put 50 goombas in the start of 1-1 in mario except you stole those goombas off of modding forums and slapped them on there without rhyme or reason. Realm667 monsters thrown around the map, smooth weapons off of smooth doom, and the translucent archvile that got stolen off of one of the zandronum invasion mods. Theres so much stuff youd think you play a unity assetswap shovelware.

I think its shit.

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I think there's a bit of distinction between the two, in that Metroid has a wide variety of abilities to find, while IGAvanias tend to have a few abilities to find and a ton of items to farm for.
It's not about either Vania games are mostly defined by one aspect new items and abilities >open up new paths in older areas< aka backtracking as progression.

There are other aspects like Sequince Breaking being a thing intentional or not as both games are semi notorious for such.

Many boss level enemies usually rewarding you with some new progression.

Storytelling even ifi t's simple the game should have a semi running narrative even if it's as simple as "Samus crashed now get back to the ship" or "Draculas back again how many times do we have to teach you this pile of secrets old man"

Bug Eater

It's really good, a bit grindy but still worth your time - and if you like grinding for certain things then even better.

The original Blasphemous is still my favourite new (please don't remind me that it's 5 years old) addition to that genre, the sequel is also good but some of the magic was lost IMO. It feels a bit too easy once you unlock the double jump and the setting/lore doesn't hit quite as hard. For a real big brain move just buy a used PSP so you can hack that shit and play SotN on the go.

God's Strongest Dragoon

So apparently Bandai hired Brian Cox to do a Tekken lore catchup.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

That is.. an awesome choice but one I wouldn't have ever fucking pictured

UberSoldat

Bamco certainly has the budget, they did it with Karl Urban and Armored Core not too long ago. I hope the next Ace Combat gets the same treatment.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Bamco certainly has the budget, they did it with Karl Urban and Armored Core not too long ago. I hope the next Ace Combat gets the same treatment.
They’re gonna get everyone’s favorite, Jim Parsons, to discuss Ace Combat lore now.:BijouBijou:
Bazinga type shit, ya feel me?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Tangientially funny gacha-shit drama

TL;DR chinks who simped for a gacha character from Girls Frontline 2, seethed because she interacted with a male (seemingly a literal janny too) on stream a VN segment and maybe had a pendant that shared a chinese character with that male

Last edited:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
Man my jaw hurt from all the laughing that I did when I heard about it :whatastory:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Dragon's Dogma 2 Trickster Showcase by IGN. The class is a fucking meme troll lord class with literal looney tunes tactics.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Wasn't really in the mood for a metroidvania game today (yesterday), so I decided to try out Ara Fell. If you're a fan of SNES-era JRPGs, you'll probably enjoy it. I've gotten seven hours into it in a single session. Which is kind of a problem, since I should have gone to bed hours ago. Thankfully, I have today off.

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Dragon's Dogma 2 Trickster Showcase by IGN. The class is a fucking meme troll lord class with literal looney tunes tactics.

so glad to hear that no matter what else at least the classes are staying super unique hope we get an enemy cage at some point those are always fun in games.

Been playing more Romhacks been enjoying Cerulean Coast a FE8 (Sacred Stones) hack its one of those hacks that is balanced around everyone having powers that would normally break Fire Emblem in half. A Villager with Galeforce Your "lord" who gives every one of your units (directly adjacent to them) an extra turn upon killing something. 100% Crit chance and AOE attacks on a portable ballista.

It's been a fun time.

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum

Istg the more I see about Dragon's Dogma 2 the more I want to play the shit out of it

Top Bottom