"Just don't be homeless"Ouro Kronii

Vidya Games Thread

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Slipgate Ironworks, developers of the Rise of the Triad remake, Bombshell, the Kingpin remaster, Wrath, Graven, Phantom Fury, Core Decay, and co-developer of Tempest Rising, has been hit with another round of layoffs

a

This probably has something to do with them being owned by Embracer Group now.

UberSoldat

Slipgate Ironworks, developers of the Rise of the Triad remake, Bombshell, the Kingpin remaster, Wrath, Graven, Phantom Fury, Core Decay, and co-developer of Tempest Rising, has been hit with another round of layoffs

a

3D Realms has not been spared either

A

What a dumpster fire of a company Embracer turned out to be huh.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
3D Realms has not been spared either

A

What a dumpster fire of a company Embracer turned out to be huh.

I remember not too long ago Saber (under Embracer) taking control of that. Good old Tim Willits. I know Scott Miller around that time resurrected the Apogee name. Bet he saw all this coming.

Bug Eater

Picked up Talos 2 in the Steam sale, I haven't played it a lot but I'm enjoying it so far. The puzzle logic seems straightforward and pretty fun to figure out (I doubt most people would need a guide for it, compared to something like The Witness)
Any Spiderweb software games.
Based, I used to love Blades of Exile back in the day and put a lot of hours into the Avernum series over the years. I think it's the kind of game where you will know whether you're interested in playing it after like 5 seconds of seeing screenshots.

UberSoldat

Apologies for constantly posting about this, there's new info coming out since this is a developing story.

A1 A2

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Boomers, rejoice - NCSOFT has given an official (limited) license to a City of Heroes Private Server, and are allowing them to maintain and develop content for it (run entirely by donations)

Chuubas, rejoice - you can stream the game as long as it is public and not behind a paywall

Let the renaissance of legally distinct heroes and villains commence

link to forum post regarding the license

Kalion

:)
Boomers, rejoice - NCSOFT has given an official (limited) license to a City of Heroes Private Server, and are allowing them to maintain and develop content for it (run entirely by donations)

Chuubas, rejoice - you can stream the game as long as it is public and not behind a paywall

Let the renaissance of legally distinct heroes and villains commence

link to forum post regarding the license
This makes me sick.
The guys behind Homecoming, Leandro and his cabal, have spent YEARS harassing people, keeping the existence of a private server secret, been very unwilling to share their tech and resources, begged for lots of money, claimed they've been "in talks" with NCSoft for over 10 years now but never had any proof (frankly I don't fully believe this licensing agreement is real). I could go on and on.
They're going to treat this like a free pass to harass other servers and act like they must fold into Homecoming or be shut down. Calling it now we'll see Thunderspy and Rebirth (the two biggest other CoH private servers) suddenly get Cease & Desist letters from "totallyNCsoftlawyer@gmail.com" in the coming days.

Sorry, this should be a joyous occasion, but I'm more worried than happy.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
This makes me sick.
The guys behind Homecoming, Leandro and his cabal, have spent YEARS harassing people, keeping the existence of a private server secret, been very unwilling to share their tech and resources, begged for lots of money, claimed they've been "in talks" with NCSoft for over 10 years now but never had any proof (frankly I don't fully believe this licensing agreement is real). I could go on and on.
They're going to treat this like a free pass to harass other servers and act like they must fold into Homecoming or be shut down. Calling it now we'll see Thunderspy and Rebirth (the two biggest other CoH private servers) suddenly get Cease & Desist letters from "totallyNCsoftlawyer@gmail.com" in the coming days.

Sorry, this should be a joyous occasion, but I'm more worried than happy.

For the time being, I choose to believe them until proven otherwise, primarily because it would lead to the mother of all legal battles if it turned out they falsified their affiliation with NCSOFT in this sort of a public matter. Claiming to have this sort of license would not only put them in hot water, but anyone else involved as well, and I don't think they would survive so many people after their skin if that happened.

That being said, if the license isn't actually real, I am more than willing to rake them over the coals for this because I've been waiting on a CoH comeback or spiritual successor (from various yet-to-be-delivered kickstarter campaigns, such as City of Titans).

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Dread was fantastic, but I'm having a really hard time getting into Prime Remastered. Anyone else prefer the 2D Metroid games?

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Dread was fantastic, but I'm having a really hard time getting into Prime Remastered. Anyone else prefer the 2D Metroid games?
I only played the first Metroid Prime. Two and three are on my list to play. I enjoyed Prime, but I do agree I prefer the 2D games that I've played. In general, I enjoy 2D Metroidvania games.

UberSoldat

This showed up on my timeline, an indie vehicular combat game.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
This showed up on my timeline, an indie vehicular combat game.

Looks like it has potential. As a fan of the older Twisted Metal games, I'd love a good, new vehicular combat game. Will keep an eye on it.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter

It hasn't been easy to follow this story as currently the Japanese have real problems to deal with, but they are catching up to what the west coast brainlets have been up to.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Happy Rat versus Upset Rat (Spoilers for Yakuza 0)

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Jesus. Just started playing Monster Hunter World. I've gotten an hour into it, and the first 50 minutes of that was nothing but unskippable cutscenes and holding down the "walk forward" button as characters I don't give a shit about talked about things I don't give a shit about.

Edit: I have a feeling that there's still plenty more prologue to go through after that first mission, too.

Last edited:

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
Jesus. Just started playing Monster Hunter World. I've gotten an hour into it, and the first 50 minutes of that was nothing but unskippable cutscenes and holding down the "walk forward" button as characters I don't give a shit about talked about things I don't give a shit about.

Edit: I have a feeling that there's still plenty more prologue to go through after that first mission, too.
World was an introduction to a whole new gen of players so yeah it's a bit obnoxious to start, and the story is visual chewing gum in a way only MonHun really manages to be, but once it opens up the progression of levelling all the way to the top ranked hunts is fantastic.

Hype aside I have mixed feelings about a big return to World. While I liked some things, I was ultimately unhappy with how Rise/Sunbreak turned out, but the thought of returning back to World's endgame and its own quirks feels daunting after the hundreds of hours I spent getting intimately familiar with them when it was current.

UberSoldat

Combustion: Alive

a

Core Decay: Alive

a

Phantom Fury: Alive

a

Tempest Rising: Most likely alive according to this tweet by the lead designer

a

Wrath: Aeon of Ruin: On track to release but had to cut multiplayer

Graven: Expected to release in a few weeks, but lost its game director and some staff, so maybe a delay is incoming?

a

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Since I normally just come here to bitch about games I'm not enjoying, here's one that I like. After dropping MHW after another hour, I started up Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. As someone whose first Castlevania game was Aria of Sorrow, I'm really enjoying it so far. Haven't gotten too far into it, though, so it might go downhill later on.

Top Bottom