"Also, did you guys know I learned what a 'chuuba' is yesterday through Uruka? I was like, 'Uruka, people keep saying 'chuuba,' what the heck is 'chuuba?' The only chuuba I know is like, shuuba-dooba-doo-shuuba-doobidy-doo!!!!' What was that thing? Is it the Flintstones?"Chisaka Airi

Vidya Games Thread

God's Strongest Dragoon

I love how these tweets constantly show that low level employees are somehow even more inept then their bosses.This idiot is a frigging artist why are you commenting on the making of a game you paint ze pictures.
Got some big "Don't let Baldur's Gate 3 ruin our free ride raise the bar for industry standards, you can't actually expect developers to put out good games anymore because it's too hard" vibes.
Everyone seems obsessed with shitting on upper management for being greedy and that's why AAA games suck nowadays but the truth of the matter is that a lot of the employees are fucking retarded and should have been fired a long time ago. Tim Cain (creator of Fallout) mentioned this in a video about how he's seen a gradual decline in the industry.

While working on The Outer Worlds (around 2018ish in the dev cycle), he asked a programmer for a simple combat AI code to determine who the AI would attack. He just asked for it to be a basic threat table (the AI attacks whoever did the most damage to it). He's done this for multiple games in the past and it takes not even an hour to do. The programmer he assigned it to demanded he needed 4 weeks to do it and instead of explaining why he needed 4 weeks to do it, the programmer cried to the lead programmer to negotiate it down to 2 weeks. The industry is full of these retards that legitimately suck dick at their job. The fucking dozen or so Nips that learned how to make a game for the first time as they were making Palworld apparently run circles around these idiots.

UberSoldat

Great year so far

Nvm about what I said about Blizzard then

It's over:pippasadl:
From what I read, these are "redundancies," I wouldn't be too sure about that

Last edited:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Everyone seems obsessed with shitting on upper management for being greedy and that's why AAA games suck nowadays but the truth of the matter is that a lot of the employees are fucking retarded and should have been fired a long time ago. Tim Cain (creator of Fallout) mentioned this in a video about how he's seen a gradual decline in the industry.

While working on The Outer Worlds (around 2018ish in the dev cycle), he asked a programmer for a simple combat AI code to determine who the AI would attack. He just asked for it to be a basic threat table (the AI attacks whoever did the most damage to it). He's done this for multiple games in the past and it takes not even an hour to do. The programmer he assigned it to demanded he needed 4 weeks to do it and instead of explaining why he needed 4 weeks to do it, the programmer cried to the lead programmer to negotiate it down to 2 weeks. The industry is full of these retards that legitimately suck dick at their job. The fucking dozen or so Nips that learned how to make a game for the first time as they were making Palworld apparently run circles around these idiots.

That's what happens when you do diversity hires instead of hires based on competency.

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Nvm about what I said about Blizzard then

It's over:pippasadl:
Blizzard has been a dead man walking for a long time, even their remakes of classic games have been shit. They've fallen a long way from being leaders of the industry.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

"I intentionally shit in your salad, how could you be mad. I was trying to make you uncomfortable"

She glosses over the fact that the strong emotion was delivered with the subtetly of a brick
They introduced a dog just to have you murder her later

The game doesnt want you to think why you feel like that, it wants handjobs for making you feel like that

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

Makes me wonder between this and the layoffs, what in the fucking is Blizzard even doing right now besides just maintaining their current games?

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Makes me wonder between this and the layoffs, what in the fucking is Blizzard even doing right now besides just maintaining their current games?

Microsoft is burning the thing down and will try to rebuild the rep from the ground up presumably with a friendly familiar face from the "good" blizzard days for free PR getting rid of the koDICK smell by removing his lackeys and stooges (reminder even if these people are not criminals microsoft probably does not want anything to do with whatever crime lording kodick's regime brought)

honestly taking a flamethrower to the place sounds more sanitary and cheaper but what do i know.

Edit: as for the game why would they want something that could potentially compete with WoW?

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
bold of blizzard to cancel their survival/crafting game days after the success of Palworld, instead of shifting the focus to add collectible creatures to the gameplay loop

chihirogumi

Can't say I'm surprised. Shitlib white collar scam artists are very talented at slithering their way into HR with made up bullshit roles and sinking their parasitic fangs into anything remotely fun and politically untouched. Thankfully I chose the right time to start learning Japanese along with my huge backlog of older retro games still to be played.

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
Since you know, this is a VTuber board, gonna keep this VTuber related. Femboy BDSM kink lewdtuber has a meltdown over Palworld. Guy also had a similar one during the Hogwarts Legacy saga.
chrome_J7KwHZG8vh.png
chrome_OF5jcMcUBQ.png
chrome_kWwqMkCpRa.png
chrome_7lLAFDC1wQ.png
I always wonder how people like this go through life when people playing a video game bothers them so much.

Stunned But Dumb

Bye Felicia. I think if your ultimate form of consequence to someone playing a game you don't like is to block them, you probably weren't very good friends mutals in the first place anyway. It's as much a loss to them as it is to you, probably less so really.

I always wonder how people like this go through life when people playing a video game bothers them so much.

I have wondered this myself for the longest. Like what do these people do at their job when someone they have to work with has a different or opposing opinion on a large scale and important matter if they act like this over a video game? I know, I know, "they don't work.never had a job" but realistically some of them have had to been in the workforce, education, or training in some way in their life. I'm always ever so curious about that.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Bye Felicia. I think if your ultimate form of consequence to someone playing a game you don't like is to block them, you probably weren't very good friends mutals in the first place anyway. It's as much a loss to them as it is to you, probably less so really.
It's super funny when these types, especially seen during the Hogwarts crap, give ultimatums like this. Claiming people choose a game over friends, allies, whatever as if it's a healthy relationship to begin with if a person ridiculously demands that another person not play a game because of bull shit reasons. These types of people should be completely cut out of any rational person's life.

These people should just unironically neck themselves. If a simple game can bother them this much, this world is too hard for them, and they serve no purpose but to waste resources on such a useless husk. And this sperg is complaining about unconfirmed or outright bull shit claims. The one claim that has any shred of validity, but is still dumb as hell, is the "slavery" part, and that's damn near a footnote in his complaints.

Like stated above, I have no idea how these people can stand to go on living like that.

Stunned But Dumb

The one claim that has any shred of validity, but is still dumb as hell, is the "slavery" part, and that's damn near a footnote in his complaints.
Fun thing about that, Slavery is not at all depicted as a good thing in game and is in fact a sub optimal way to play. Humans have awful stats in work and in battle and if you catch a human, it's a crime in game and you can be punished (unless you're strong enough to fight back but whatever).

This is like complaining about the ability to kill prostitutes in GTA. Yes you can, but you really shouldn't. Both games are giving you a logical answer to a logical question and feeding you a logical consequence. Any bit of research or nuance should allow a rational person to see this, but let's just get mad instead I guess. It's al so tiring. It used to be when people who were mad at gaming or obsessed with trying to take gamers down you could see they were people outside the sphere, the uninvolved and ignorant. Now it's gaming communities, leaders, devs, etc. Like what were there four or five games that folks were yelling at others for a solid month not to play last year? Games that range from ok to pretty good in their own right but in a meta sense, were deemed "evil."

I'm preaching to a choir and getting off topic, so I'll stop. It just frustrates me so badly. Maybe partly because my own gaming group is deep into this crap and it's just... I just wanna play games when I get off of work, man.

God's Strongest Dragoon

This is like complaining about the ability to kill prostitutes in GTA. Yes you can, but you really shouldn't.
Wrong, GTA actually encourages this because you get your money back.

Stunned But Dumb

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

I was referring more to wanted status but yeah

Losing all your money guns and probably a good chunk of your parking lot stock is just a delayed payment of the most fun part of the game DOING CRIME.

I don't think there is a worse example you could have picked for your example and I otherwise agree with you. :SelenHAHAhere:

heres a better one hitting the chickens in legend of zelda. you learn right quick why animal abuse is bad.

Stunned But Dumb

I've said it before, but if you ever have issue with my posts please look at the third word of my name and plz understand

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

The real issue with Palworld is something that's always been true in games: it doesn't take many people. That's why when staff starts touching 500, you know either something is wrong or you need to churn out a CoD game in 2 years. A couple of geniuses can do the work of several hundred. It's one of the harshest, Bell Curve effected fields you can see in a front-facing manner.

And Palworld isn't even some genius level work. It's quite literally "what's popular? where is it popular? Let's do that." The founders will now be in the richest 500 Japanese, as a result. If Nintendo was smart, they'd buy the company for 1Billion USD and continue development. Then reskin it/tweak a bit a release a Pokemon version in 2 years.

The issues are always at the Management level.

Microsoft just simply closed down the redundant office jobs. They really didn't do anything to game production, though apparently they cancelled some projects. Probably a good thing since Blizzard wasn't ever going to get it out the door.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
I enjoyed reach, but 4.... I started playing the campaign with someone for the first time in a long time, holy aim assist and scripted sequences, Batman. :beataniugh:
I hated Reach (at least the multiplayer) because it added retarded shit from CoD that didn't belong in Halo. Loadouts, Bloom, and Armor Abilities completely ruined the game.

Top Bottom