"I don't wanna be a WEIRDO!"Pipkin Pippa

Vidya Games Thread

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
For obvious reasons, the sequel is improved, but imagine playing old entries in a series instead of constantly playing the new thing and moving on. A shocking concept, yes, I know, which means that it's unlikely chuubas are going to stream it either.
I don't know, Pekora might play it. I find the original to be quite charming, and the sequel while extremely large and having interface changed didn't charm me quite as much even if it is technically better. Though I think PalWorld might end up being the real problem since it will probably devour the "Building + Cute Monsters" genre for a while and streamers won't even look at Builders 1 until the hype around PalWorld dies down, though I might be wrong.

Oh, and there's a discount on Builders 1 if you already bought Builders 2, since Steam usually does that with bundles:

(Just make sure to purchase the bundle instead of the standalone or you won't get the discount for having part 2.)

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
I don't know, Pekora might play it. I find the original to be quite charming, and the sequel while extremely large and having interface changed didn't charm me quite as much even if it is technically better. Though I think PalWorld might end up being the real problem since it will probably devour the "Building + Cute Monsters" genre for a while and streamers won't even look at Builders 1 until the hype around PalWorld dies down, though I might be wrong.

Oh, and there's a discount on Builders 1 if you already bought Builders 2, since Steam usually does that with bundles:

(Just make sure to purchase the bundle instead of the standalone or you won't get the discount for having part 2.)

I feel like Palworld is the reason why this was suddenly pushed to release without even as much as a heads-up, same with Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth and its ties to Dragon Quest, but I'll gladly get another copy so that it's not trapped on the PS4 (and so that the higher ups don't do the crazy thing of "dang, this port isn't selling, I guess people don't want Dragon Quest games anymore")

Hopefully it does well enough that a 3rd game is made, but you know what, I'm also fine replaying the games as the mood strikes me

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
I feel like Palworld is the reason why this was suddenly pushed to release without even as much as a heads-up, same with Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth and its ties to Dragon Quest, but I'll gladly get another copy so that it's not trapped on the PS4 (and so that the higher ups don't do the crazy thing of "dang, this port isn't selling, I guess people don't want Dragon Quest games anymore")

Hopefully it does well enough that a 3rd game is made, but you know what, I'm also fine replaying the games as the mood strikes me
Yes, I guess I'll be buying it a 4th time... (Vita, Switch, PS4 already) but I should pace myself...

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
For obvious reasons, the sequel is improved, but imagine playing old entries in a series instead of constantly playing the new thing and moving on. A shocking concept, yes, I know, which means that it's unlikely chuubas are going to stream it either.
Given her recent streams, Lui will probably be playing it.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Given her recent streams, Lui will probably be playing it.
Aha, there is something to look forward to. I need to get more use out of my channel membership with her. I just get so busy during the work week that I forget to check.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Ooh. I was just checking Square Enix's Steam page, and apparently they're putting out a new Mana game sometime this year.

A new SaGa game, too.

Squeenix bros are eating good, this year.

Edit: If we're lucky, maybe they'll finally put out DQIII 2D-HD.

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Screenshot from Suicide Squad

1706579254291668.png

UberSoldat

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Screenshot from Suicide Squad

1706579254291668.png
gay flags in the game mean nothing and have never meant anything more then a token acknowledgment that studios like to stick in usually because it's better then dealing with the whining and complaining and as a background detail are usually harmless even good games have done this.

I however will love to see the gays eat the game alive if they ignore Harley is gay because if it's a good game they will stay focused on the shooting (lets be honest it's not) and if it's a bad game it's gonna gigabotch whatever drive the writers feel to address this and it will be popcorn time for me.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter
Damn, Fate Stay Night getting an official release in the west for the first time ever.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
gay flags in the game mean nothing and have never meant anything more then a token acknowledgment that studios like to stick in usually because it's better then dealing with the whining and complaining and as a background detail are usually harmless even good games have done this.

I however will love to see the gays eat the game alive if they ignore Harley is gay because if it's a good game they will stay focused on the shooting (lets be honest it's not) and if it's a bad game it's gonna gigabotch whatever drive the writers feel to address this and it will be popcorn time for me.
I also come from the "Imagine Amanda Waller actually tolerating all that horseshit and saying all those empty platitudes". Everything I've see s shows the team handling this game just don't understand or care about the source material.

Stunned But Dumb

Ollie would definitely get banners and flags in the Justice League museum... if he's in this game. I don't know, I'm ignoring it until about... two or three weeks before it gets delisted and goes on sale. Just like Marvel Avengers.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Man. I had about 19-20 hours in Palworld, two days ago. Now I'm up to 38. I'm also still awake at 9 in the morning. Goodnight.

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Damn, Fate Stay Night getting an official release in the west for the first time ever.

It only took the mushroom man 2 decades, 20+ fan translations and billions of FGO bucks after saying shit like "Releasing Type-Moon works overseas would be really difficult" and my favorite line of all time: "Tsukihime Remake wasn't ported to PC because I think visual novels should be played on the big screen."

But it finally happened. Happy 20 years to this stupid ass series that I love and despise.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife

God's Strongest Dragoon

I also come from the "Imagine Amanda Waller actually tolerating all that horseshit and saying all those empty platitudes". Everything I've see s shows the team handling this game just don't understand or care about the source material.
It's because it's another case of "Hollowed out husk of formerly respected Game Studio". At the end of 2022, the cofounders of Rocksteady, Jamie Walker and Sefton Hill, left the company during the development of this trash. They then formed a new studio called Hundred Stars Studios and a lot of the veteran game devs at Rocksteady later followed them. Throw in the fact that this is another Sweetbaby abomination (how convenient of them to make a list of games to avoid) and it's a completely atrocity. The final scene with Batman leaked and it's so fucking horrendous, it's incredibly depressing that this is Kevin Conroy's last performance as Batman.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Surprising absolutely nobody, they cut the tranny/crossdresser out of Persona 3 Reload and replaced him with a conspiracy theorist. This is also true in the Japanese version, not just the localized version.

Admittedly, one small scene isn't really a huge deal, but it's still annoying.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Surprising absolutely nobody, they cut the tranny/crossdresser out of Persona 3 Reload and replaced him with a conspiracy theorist. This is also true in the Japanese version, not just the localized version.

Admittedly, one small scene isn't really a huge deal, but it's still annoying.

Kotaku is not only celebrating, but wanting them to go further

If Persona 6 doesn't have an LGBT protag, it's going to be literal genocide all over again

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

Bug Eater

More Layoffs and booo

That blows - Human Revolution was honestly a great reboot of the series, and Mankind Divided had a lot of flaws but was still pretty solid (and more importantly it felt like the plot was finally starting to get serious, I would've loved to see a 3rd title that linked directly to the start of the first game).

Top Bottom