"If I could rent Pippa and Ulka, I would take them to a cosplay cafe and dress them up, then go to a playground where a Death Game was being held and the three of us would play!🎉😎💗"Utatane Nasa

Vidya Games Thread

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Surprising absolutely nobody, they cut the tranny/crossdresser out of Persona 3 Reload and replaced him with a conspiracy theorist. This is also true in the Japanese version, not just the localized version.

Admittedly, one small scene isn't really a huge deal, but it's still annoying.
May not be a big deal in itself, but it always starts with just one small thing...

I'll still play it, though. Persona 3 is one of my favorite games, but there's no way in hell I'm paying $70 for it. I'll wait for a sale or something before buying it. I'm in no rush.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
It's because it's another case of "Hollowed out husk of formerly respected Game Studio". At the end of 2022, the cofounders of Rocksteady, Jamie Walker and Sefton Hill, left the company during the development of this trash. They then formed a new studio called Hundred Stars Studios and a lot of the veteran game devs at Rocksteady later followed them. Throw in the fact that this is another Sweetbaby abomination (how convenient of them to make a list of games to avoid) and it's a completely atrocity. The final scene with Batman leaked and it's so fucking horrendous, it's incredibly depressing that this is Kevin Conroy's last performance as Batman.
from what i can tell they are not a full studio just a support studio i can see the faggotry they are involved in but i just don't see them being the cause of all their games being mid at best. unless they have anythign to do with the script anyway which they apparently are proud of since it's on there with suicide squad.

I find it amusing that they list "sensitivity reading" as one of their jobs but are perfectly happy working on a game with suicide in the title about terrorists going around killing many people in the crossfire

I guess "morality" doesn't pay the bills.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
turns out Palworld sales numbers only reflected steam, and combined with the Xbox sales, they're at 19mil units sold not even two weeks in:

you can practically hear the AAA devs seething in the background, looking for reasons why it was made nefariously so it can be taken down

somewhat related, the original Pokemon R/B/G sold around 31mil copies - if investors aren't chomping at the bit to help turn this into a multi-media franchise, it will probably be one of the biggest missed opportunities of the decade.

God's Strongest Dragoon

turns out Palworld sales numbers only reflected steam, and combined with the Xbox sales, they're at 19mil units sold not even two weeks in:

you can practically hear the AAA devs seething in the background, looking for reasons why it was made nefariously so it can be taken down

somewhat related, the original Pokemon R/B/G sold around 31mil copies - if investors aren't chomping at the bit to help turn this into a multi-media franchise, it will probably be one of the biggest missed opportunities of the decade.

Considering Scarlet and Violet sold ~23 million copies (granted it was at twice the price of Palworld), that is very concerning.

Stunned But Dumb

Also that Palworld is multiplat instead of just switch exclusive.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Also that Palworld is multiplat instead of just switch exclusive.
That is true but the Xbox is basically half dead at this point. Microsoft themselves target PC+Xbox as opposed to just Xbox.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Doubleposting because it's worth people getting the notification for:
State of Play happening now

[00:10]-Helldivers 2 (February 8th): Gameplay trailer
[02:15]-Stellar Blade (April 26th): commentary over cinematics/gameplay, mostly cinematics
[08:54]-Sonic X Shadow Generations (Autumn): Gameplay trailer
[10:00]-Zenless Zone Zero (written as ZZZ) (in development): gameplay/cinematics trailer
[11:02]-FoamStars (February 6th): Gameplay Trailer
[12:03]-Dave the Diver (April): Normal trailer but included Godzilla crossover that comes in May
[13:08]-V Rising (2024): Gameplay Trailer
[14:39]-Silent Hill: The Short Message (Available Today, Free to Play): Cinematic and Gameplay Trailer
[16:55]-Silent Hill 2 (in development): Gameplay trailer
[18:27]-JUDAS (in development): Cinematic trailer with some gameplay, made by Bioshock team
[20:16]-Metro Awakening VR(2024): Gameplay trailer
[21:48]-Legendary Tales (February 8th): Gameplay trailer for VR game
[23:12]-Dragon's Dogma 2 (March 22nd): Gameplay Trailer
[25:27]-Rise of the Ronin (March 22nd): Gameplay Showcase with commentary, followed by gameplay/cinematic trailer
[29:17]-Until Dawn: Remaster (2024): Cinematic trailer
[30:46]-Death Stranding 2: On The Beach (2025): Cinematic trailer, some gameplay shown while A LOT of cinematics are shown, this whole section was like 10mins

Kojima translation: "I'm super surprised you guys let me make another game after the last one tanked so hard"

Next State of Play is February 6th with an extended look at FF7 Rebirth

Last edited:

Abomination

No matter what "controversy" some Twitter sperg wants to get ass blasted over, this was a game release done right. They made a fun game that people want to play, they delivered what they promised, the game runs relatively well aside from some issues here and there, etc. Still, it's incredibly surprising how successful this game has been. As far as I'm concerned, the team deserves this success.

I've only been playing solo, but I've been enjoying it quite a bit. It's a great game to relax, do some stuff, and have a stream/vod playing on the other screen. It's also been kind of fun seeing how many hours the streamers I watch put into the game. Seems like there have been quite a few times when some will start streaming the game before I go to bed and are still streaming when I wake up the next day.

Definitely looking forward to the future of this game.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
I don't give a fuck if it's game of the century, until it comes out of early access it's not a game, it's a beta test. It's part of the reason that I was shocked at all the BG3 hype, because that thing had been lingering in early access for like half a decade.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Doubleposting because it's worth people getting the notification for:
State of Play happening now

[00:10]-Helldivers 2 (February 8th): Gameplay trailer
[02:15]-Stellar Blade (April 26th): commentary over cinematics/gameplay, mostly cinematics
[08:54]-Sonic X Shadow Generations (Autumn): Gameplay trailer
[10:00]-Zenless Zone Zero (written as ZZZ) (in development): gameplay/cinematics trailer
[11:02]-FoamStars (February 6th): Gameplay Trailer
[12:03]-Dave the Diver (April): Normal trailer but included Godzilla crossover that comes in May
[13:08]-V Rising (2024): Gameplay Trailer
[14:39]-Silent Hill: The Short Message (Available Today, Free to Play): Cinematic and Gameplay Trailer
[16:55]-Silent Hill 2 (in development): Gameplay trailer
[18:27]-JUDAS (in development): Cinematic trailer with some gameplay, made by Bioshock team
[20:16]-Metro Awakening VR(2024): Gameplay trailer
[21:48]-Legendary Tales (February 8th): Gameplay trailer for VR game
[23:12]-Dragon's Dogma 2 (March 22nd): Gameplay Trailer
[25:27]-Rise of the Ronin (March 22nd): Gameplay Showcase with commentary, followed by gameplay/cinematic trailer
[29:17]-Until Dawn: Remaster (2024): Cinematic trailer
[30:46]-Death Stranding 2: On The Beach (2025): Cinematic trailer, some gameplay shown while A LOT of cinematics are shown

Kojima translation: "I'm super surprised you guys let me make another game after the last one tanked so hard"

Next State of Play is February 6th with an extended look at FF7 Rebirth

Stellar Blade looks good. And I'm not just saying this because Eve is :Vesper-SEEEX!:

Abomination

I don't give a fuck if it's game of the century, until it comes out of early access it's not a game, it's a beta test. It's part of the reason that I was shocked at all the BG3 hype, because that thing had been lingering in early access for like half a decade.
Completely understandable position, and I won't try to convince you or sell you on the game. What I will say is that it's a sad fucking state in the industry when this beta test released in a much better state than so many full release games these days and in however many years.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Completely understandable position, and I won't try to convince you or sell you on the game. What I will say is that it's a sad fucking state in the industry when this beta test released in a much better state than so many full release games these days and in however many years.
That stuff with Biboo and Bae losing all their character progress was enough for me to not want to get invested in it any time soon.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Anyone making a bet on how quickly will Suicide Squad be EOS-ed and Rocksteady shuttered?, the Avengers game lasted 3 years but recently Saints Row killed Volition in 1 so im curious what will the tally be

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

Kalion

:)

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Fuck. Rise of the Ronin is a PS5 exclusive.

Kalion

:)
Why did I decide to check out Palworld mods?

Stunned But Dumb

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Why did I decide to check out Palworld mods?
Okay, but can you use it with the sex mod?

Edit: Oh, sweet. Looks like they haven't patched out the ability to capture bosses yet, in Palworld. Just fast-travel to the small settlement, shoot the guard, and fast travel to the tower. Two bosses captured.

Edit 2: Looks like the others are too strong for me at the moment. Hopefully they don't patch it out before I can get them.

Here's how to do it, for anyone else who wants a boss.
1) Fast travel to the small settlement.
2) Shoot the guard (He needs to see you, so don't do it at night. You should have a Wanted notice on the top right of the screen).
3) Fast travel the tower, and go inside.
4) Wait for the PIDF to attack the boss (try to keep the boss between you and the PIDF, so they'll shoot it).
5) After the PIDF draws aggro, throw a ball at the boss's back. It should insta-capture it.
You'll need to die to the PIDF or hit the respawn button afterwards, since you'll be stuck in the tower.

Last edited:

46gumi

Forever Siro's Punching Bag
Top Bottom