"YIPPEE!"Erina Makina

Vidya Games Thread

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Halo delivered a mortal wound while COD was the killing blow, will NEVER forgive Halo for becoming one of the FPS templates while a GOOD console shooter like Timesplitters got left in the dust.
I at least agree with you on Timesplitters. It's a crime that we never got more. It's my second favorite FPS series; First if I have to count everything after Halo 3 as being canon :smugpipi:

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
I hated Reach (at least the multiplayer) because it added retarded shit from CoD that didn't belong in Halo. Loadouts, Bloom, and Armor Abilities completely ruined the game.
Therein lies the difference, I'm mainly a coop/campaign guy. Still play L4D2 frequently, been meaning to go back through Perfect Dark (on 360 instead of N64, doesn't hit the same at 15 FPS 20 years later), and I mean to rope someone into trying out Timesplitters at some point (never had it as a kid, Metroid Prime, though)

God's Strongest Dragoon

I hated Reach (at least the multiplayer) because it added retarded shit from CoD that didn't belong in Halo. Loadouts, Bloom, and Armor Abilities completely ruined the game.
The thing that always made me laugh with Armor Abilities was that people kept thinking "oh man, jetpacks and armor lock are going to be broken!". Then I got into the beta and dumpstered everyone I came across because retards didn't realize that the guy with sprint dominates the game if everyone else is power walking.

naganon

#1 Hexa Fan
Therein lies the difference, I'm mainly a coop/campaign guy. Still play L4D2 frequently, been meaning to go back through Perfect Dark (on 360 instead of N64, doesn't hit the same at 15 FPS 20 years later), and I mean to rope someone into trying out Timesplitters at some point (never had it as a kid, Metroid Prime, though)
If you weren't into multiplayer, then I understand. I was very very into Halo's multiplayer. I was a 50 in every single playlist in Halo 3, and good enough to frequently play against pros.
The thing that always made me laugh with Armor Abilities was that people kept thinking "oh man, jetpacks and armor lock are going to be broken!". Then I got into the beta and dumpstered everyone I came across because retards didn't realize that the guy with sprint dominates the game if everyone else is power walking.
Armor Lock was broken in the way that you had to wait like 10 seconds to kill the retard that used it. It was just horrible game design.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Armor Lock was broken in the way that you had to wait like 10 seconds to kill the retard that used it. It was just horrible game design.
If you were in big objective games, it was pretty bullshit like you mentioned because their teammates could take you while they hid with low HP in armor lock. Otherwise, Armor Lock was a meme outside of niche situations once people figured out how to counter it.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Bye Felicia. I think if your ultimate form of consequence to someone playing a game you don't like is to block them, you probably weren't very good friends mutals in the first place anyway. It's as much a loss to them as it is to you, probably less so really.

I have wondered this myself for the longest. Like what do these people do at their job when someone they have to work with has a different or opposing opinion on a large scale and important matter if they act like this over a video game? I know, I know, "they don't work.never had a job" but realistically some of them have had to been in the workforce, education, or training in some way in their life. I'm always ever so curious about that.
That's easy these are people who think bitching on twitter actually changes the world and so even the hint of endorsing TERFS (HogLeg) Slavery (Palworld) Pedophilia (Lolibait vtubers) means not only are they supporting A bad thing but THEY are supporting a bad thing I would never do that it's wrong and so is running in the halls.

This is usually because most of these people feel this is the only way they can enact changes on the world and BUZZWORD TOPIC is bad right so clearly anyone seeking nuance must simply be misinformed and I can fix them I can fix them all.

I know what I just wrote reads like parody but I will swear it's true they subscribe to herd mentality in the most literal sense including making sure their group is the loudest to scare off predators.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Speaking of Blizzard shutting down their survival game project, another such game released in the past few days to resounding success, and it's another one that I've been keeping my eye on because of its RPG systems, and focus on singleplayer and shared co-op instead of multiplayer:

It also has a voting system for people to democracy their way into the features they want in the game. Imagine that, listening to your playerbase, practically unheard of.

Will Blizzard (and other AAA devs) realize that people will play a game if it's good, and not just because it's jumping on a trend? Probably not!

Please look forward to the rush of Palworld-likes and Survival Craft-em-ups by developers who see the trend without understanding why people enjoy the games at a fundamental level, or improve on the aspects people want to be improved

EDIT: I will gladly rag on AAA developers all day, if they can't figure out how to make games people want to play, but just a couple of guys can make addicts of their players out of sheer determination alone.

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
Speaking of Blizzard shutting down their survival game project, another such game released in the past few days to resounding success, and it's another one that I've been keeping my eye on because of its RPG systems, and focus on singleplayer and shared co-op instead of multiplayer:

This would absolutely be the big game right now if it wasn't for Palworld.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I always wonder how people like this go through life when people playing a video game bothers them so much.

A life of comfort. A life of never having dealt with real hardship, actual problems or helping out someone else in health or financial distress.
As such they dedicate to learning about how to become professionally offended and use twitter as a soapbox. Life is uneven but at the very least I take solace in knowing that these assclowns will get all that's coming to them.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

That's a shame. Apparently the next mainline Atelier game is a fucking gacha. I'm still going to check it out, but it's pretty disappointing.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

That's a shame. Apparently the next mainline Atelier game is a fucking gacha. I'm still going to check it out, but it's pretty disappointing.

i mean it's a mobile game rather then one made for consoles or PC still sucks but also expected.

Considering they almost died until ryza got a lucky break not surprising they wanted a passive income that they can just stick fan favorites into while they work on a real game.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Bro, what the fuck? I was just checking the reviews for Aquarium on Steam, and... how the hell do you put 377 hours into a visual novel? How do you put 559 hours into a visual novel!?

Oh, Jesus Christ. "274.8 hrs last two weeks / 2,158.1 hrs on record (13.7 hrs at review time)." What is wrong with these niggas?

There's no way that they're actively playing it for that long, right? They must just keep it running constantly in the background?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Bro, what the fuck? I was just checking the reviews for Aquarium on Steam, and... how the hell do you put 377 hours into a visual novel? How do you put 559 hours into a visual novel!?

Oh, Jesus Christ. "274.8 hrs last two weeks / 2,158.1 hrs on record (13.7 hrs at review time)." What is wrong with these niggas?

There's no way that they're actively playing it for that long, right? They must just keep it running constantly in the background?
lots of ways to either idle your account or outright fuck with how the hours are tracked

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

I mean you can have hours on a VN(nekopara) but that's eroge so not really counted as one

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Femboy BDSM kink lewdtuber has a meltdown over Palworld.
Meanwhile all the normal, female vTubers I follow are PalWorld enjoyers, I wonder who I'm going to listen to?

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

some people really enjoy the story and will go through it many times looking for nuances they have missed or just to experiance it again I don't do it with VN's but i know ive read The Hobbit more time then i can count Artemis Fowl Guards Guards Ect.

VN's are just books on an unpleasant to stare at screen.
Meanwhile all the normal, female vTubers I follow are PalWorld enjoyers, I wonder who I'm going to listen to?

The Voices in your head?

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

If it has a good soundtrack which it isn't available separately and you don't feel like searching MP3 sites for it, you could probably rack up that much time.

UberSoldat

I finally got around to starting Graven, and honestly it's not that bad so far but I can definitely see where the mixed reviews are coming from. I'm still in the first hub of the game so let's see if my opinion changes as the game progresses.

Zapan1984

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
More Layoffs and booo

And the new Blizzard President is the former CoD Executive so good knowing you Blizz given how the last few CoD's

we will never get the final Adam Jensen game, and everyone involved in delaying/cancelling it the past decade will one day regret their words and deeds

EDIT:

Also Dragon Quest Builders surprise PC release in two weeks, perhaps they have finally realized people actually want to play the Dragon Quest games? Here's hoping for DQM3 soon:

For obvious reasons, the sequel is improved, but imagine playing old entries in a series instead of constantly playing the new thing and moving on. A shocking concept, yes, I know, which means that it's unlikely chuubas are going to stream it either.

Top Bottom