"PIPKIN PIPPA! I'M COMING TO KILL YOU! In Phase World? NO! At your house! In real life! I'm going to stalk her, and become obsessed with her! And wear her makeup, and her mold! And use her Live2D as a coat like the ancient foxgirls did!"Kirschey

Vidya Games Thread

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

1697735846627.png

Delutaya got a song included on the Switch version of Groove Coaster.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I wasn't really keeping up with the marketing for the game outside of, like, a couple trailers and I thought it looked decent enough so I was planning on probably buying it when it inevitably comes to PC in a few years, but now I'm just gonna wait to yarrharr it instead. I'm sure the people on that one basedmods site will probably find a way to get rid of a lot of the gay shit anyways.
Idk if the yarrharr thing will even happen. Denuvo is actually kicking the scene's ass. If they include it, it may not get cracked at all. Though, the first game did not include it.

Planetary Bombardment

It's the only way to be sure.
Denuvo is actually kicking the scene's ass.
I was under the impression that Empress and a few other groups were actively cracking Denuvo games even before release as part of beefing with each other.

The Rrat

Early Adopter

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I was under the impression that Empress and a few other groups were actively cracking Denuvo games even before release as part of beefing with each other.
Empress only cracks games after he gets paid $500 and if its a game he actively likes or has some spiteful, schizoid reason to crack it. Also will never touch anime games.

Topo Chico

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Empress only cracks games after he gets paid $500 and if its a game he actively likes or has some spiteful, schizoid reason to crack it. Also will never touch anime games.
Isn't the denuvo cracking scene like; Empress and another dude fueding over political shit and a third guy who only cracks the yearly madden games or something?

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

not pronouncing it kilo meter. Good job A+.

Why are we trusting some random journo who is actively focusing on stupid shit instead of the actual game. is the swinging good? can i beat up people? does that feel good?

only the terminally ill care about some side kid who may or may not be gay but chances are the idiot is reading too far into things because they want the gay sex.

God's Strongest Dragoon

not pronouncing it kilo meter. Good job A+.

Why are we trusting some random journo who is actively focusing on stupid shit instead of the actual game. is the swinging good? can i beat up people? does that feel good?

only the terminally ill care about some side kid who may or may not be gay but chances are the idiot is reading too far into things because they want the gay sex.
Haven't paid too much attention to the recent Spider-Man 2 news but there's objectively some stupid shit going on.
The Peter Parker in the PS4 Spider-Man game looked great and then they did the Remaster and retconned his fucking face to look more like Tom Holland.

The original (left) fit the character because this is a Peter Parker that was working with Doctor Octavius, a college graduate, and had his shit together. This is a veteran Spider-Man that has already built up most of his Rogues Gallery by this point and it makes sense for him being a mentor to the younger Miles. The remastered (right) doesn't fit at all and he looks much younger. When they showed clips of him next to Miles in the Remastered PS4 game, it looks REALLY off because it's hard to believe he's much older than Miles and sometimes he looks younger.

Meanwhile the opposite happened with Mary Jane as she looks significantly older. In the first game, she looked like there was no way she was past her early 30s.

Now she looks much older despite Peter getting aged down.

This looks REALLY bad when you have the two together.
Miles Morales is being pushed REALLY hard from what I've heard to fully take over the mantle of Spider-Man. Miles Morales was created Bendis (read as: Dogshit Writer) in Marvel's Ultimate universe and a lot of people didn't really care about him because he was just "Spider-Man but black and OP". They eventually moved him to the mainline universe and pushed him really hard as the replacement to Peter (read as: Peter Parker is too beloved for them to do that but they didn't stop trying like all the retarded shit Marvel Comics has done in the past 20 years). His character would remain in irrelevant until Sony's Spiderverse movies managed to make a billion negros and latinx go "he just like me fr fr". I'm going to hold my reservations on the story though because I haven't seen it yet but I am very hesitant about Sony Games and their tendency to do the classic "bait and switch" where the first game's story is fine and then they shove all the gay shit in the second game.
Apparently this one clip is making a lot of the beaners lose their shit.
I know everyone's ready to hop on the bandwagon and claim "TLOU2" again but I'll wait and see. It's not like I was retarded and bought a PS5 anyways.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Haven't paid too much attention to the recent Spider-Man 2 news but there's objectively some stupid shit going on.
The Peter Parker in the PS4 Spider-Man game looked great and then they did the Remaster and retconned his fucking face to look more like Tom Holland.

The original (left) fit the character because this is a Peter Parker that was working with Doctor Octavius, a college graduate, and had his shit together. This is a veteran Spider-Man that has already built up most of his Rogues Gallery by this point and it makes sense for him being a mentor to the younger Miles. The remastered (right) doesn't fit at all and he looks much younger. When they showed clips of him next to Miles in the Remastered PS4 game, it looks REALLY off because it's hard to believe he's much older than Miles and sometimes he looks younger.

Meanwhile the opposite happened with Mary Jane as she looks significantly older. In the first game, she looked like there was no way she was past her early 30s.

Miles Morales is being pushed REALLY hard from what I've heard to fully take over the mantle of Spider-Man. Miles Morales was created Bendis (read as: Dogshit Writer) in Marvel's Ultimate universe and a lot of people didn't really care about him because he was just "Spider-Man but black and OP". They eventually moved him to the mainline universe and pushed him really hard as the replacement to Peter (read as: Peter Parker is too beloved for them to do that but they didn't stop trying like all the retarded shit Marvel Comics has done in the past 20 years). His character would remain in irrelevant until Sony's Spiderverse movies managed to make a billion negros and latinx go "he just like me fr fr". I'm going to hold my reservations on the story though because I haven't seen it yet but I am very hesitant about Sony Games and their tendency to do the classic "bait and switch" where the first game's story is fine and then they shove all the gay shit in the second game.
View attachment 51441
I know everyone's ready to hop on the bandwagon and claim "TLOU2" again but I'll wait and see. It's not like I was retarded and bought a PS5 anyways.

Honestly all those images look like dogshit and i don't speak GOFAST so i don't care about the third bit.
Miles was pushed years ago and that failed anyone still saying hes being "pushed" is actually retarded and reacting to a joke that was told five minutes ago when everyone else has moved on.

Bendis is not a Dogshit Writer however he does write a lot of shit tier garbage and his good stuff sends the normies fleeing for the hills because it's overly graphic or violent or whatever (reminder this is the guy who wrote a character who hand their eye cleaved apart his hand cut off his genitals chewed off by dogs and just for that little extra a scar carved into his scalp that makes it look suspiciously like a penis (cue several chapters of people calling him dickhead)

People actually liked Miles like they do most spinoff spiders because most people eventually get fed up with Marvel not letting peter have a friggin life. He is indeed one of the refugees from the Ultimate universe which marvel was quick to mostly retconn or at least stop mentioning it.

Marvel never tried to replace Peter with him spidermans own comics were still going super strong (even if hes replaced in one hes usually got 3-4 going at once) Reminder Spiderman is their moneymaker even more so then Avengers even if you believe marvel is stupid enough to try to pander to THE YOUTHS (they are just look at Ironheart and Young Cyclops and the other "sidekick" esk characters Miles and the new Ms Marvel are the only ones that survived) They refuse to jeopardize their money maker which is why they keep resetting the status quo.

Hes had several runs over the years including prominent roles in shit like Spider Island The Champions Avengers and one off appearances in many other stories.Hes Arguably the most popular spin off spider man too which is surprising given how relatively new he is.

Edit:also Kate Bishop as Hawkeye and also just to clarify I would not trust bendis to write anything he didn't create in the first place.

Last edited:

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband

God's Strongest Dragoon

Hes Arguably the most popular spin off spider man too which is surprising given how relatively new he is.
That's not much of an argument since the one thing Marvel has routinely performed well at is fucking up writing legacy characters, which is DC's entire thing (the Batfamily, every single Green Lantern after Alan Scott, Barry Allen, Wally West, Supergirl, etc). Miles was never popular, at most he was tolerated because all the other legacy characters that Marvel put out at the time were such absolute abominations that people said "eh, we'll take it, could be worse".

And gore does not automatically make someone a good writer, otherwise TLOU2 would be the peak of writing that game journalists would claim it is. Bendis Speak is a meme for a reason, his dialogue falls into the same category of Buffy speak. He can write dialogue for pretty much one character and the moment you add more characters to the conversation, his limitation in writing dialogue gets exposed exponentially. His ability to write endings is also notoriously awful. He gets some good ideas, hits the ground running at the start, and then it quickly goes to shit near the end.

If I wanted to read a retarded comic book writer that has pumped out mountains of dogshit but has a handful of good stuff, I'd read Jeph Loeb's Long Halloween or Superman for All Seasons. At least Loeb had the excuse of being mentally broken after his son died to explain why he stopped writing good shit. In general comic books as a medium is just filled with so much poor writing that the most moderatelly acceptable writing that pops up is often helds in high standing due to the miles of dogshit around it, causing everyone to regard that writer as the next Dumas. Very rarely an actually talented writer will pop up and pump out some solid work that the vampiric industry will bleed dry for a solid decade at the minimum.

Unsurprisingly like corpo vtubers, the limitations and constraints forced on the writers by the CCA ended up forcing them to become more creative to make phenomenal work.

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
World of Horror went 1.0 today and actually released an animated trailer done in the style of the game. Looks sick.

View attachment 51441

Yea, the Peter model change was 100% a downgrade. I played the first Spider-man and platinumed it on release. I then replayed it recently along with the Miles Morales game on PS5. I wanted to give it chance, but the overall design of the first model was just better.

RE: Miles, any chance you played his standalone game? It was actually pretty damn solid and I ended up liking Mile's moveset that focused on his Venom Strike powers much better than Peter's gadget based toolkit. I also thought the story smoothed out a lot of the burs the first game had - the story was overall better for what it was, and the bosses were also way better in my opinion. I share your annoyance with the horseshit Sony is probably pushing, but Insomniac's track record has generally been pretty great.
Reminder that the Steam Deck is a god send and should become a standard for handhelds to have a Linux distribution rather than Windows 11, and giving customers free will to tinker with them

View attachment 50412
The other new release I'm looking forward to. I've been seeing great reviews! One even went so far as to call it the best 2D Mario game since World on the SNES. This actually you? If so, how's it so far from your perspective?

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
That's not much of an argument since the one thing Marvel has routinely performed well at is fucking up writing legacy characters, which is DC's entire thing (the Batfamily, every single Green Lantern after Alan Scott, Barry Allen, Wally West, Supergirl, etc). Miles was never popular, at most he was tolerated because all the other legacy characters that Marvel put out at the time were such absolute abominations that people said "eh, we'll take it, could be worse".
Except Miles was the one people were generally excited for joining the mainline universe despite his ultimate incarnation being tied to it's own stupidity along with the ultimate universe as a whole. I'm not gonna numberfag to prove it here but I know we at least generated moderate excitement even if his first outing as part of the main marvel comics was middling.
And gore does not automatically make someone a good writer, otherwise TLOU2 would be the peak of writing that game journalists would claim it is. Bendis Speak is a meme for a reason, his dialogue falls into the same category of Buffy speak. He can write dialogue for pretty much one character and the moment you add more characters to the conversation, his limitation in writing dialogue gets exposed exponentially. His ability to write endings is also notoriously awful. He gets some good ideas, hits the ground running at the start, and then it quickly goes to shit near the end.
I never said gore makes a good writer I said his better stuff tends to scare off readers (due to how gory it can be) not even all his gory stuff is good.Hitman might be a discount punisher but ill always remember it fondly when it strayed away from that (yes its DC shut up)

To reiterate Bendis is a hit or miss writer hes had a lot of stumps but also some good stuff which is still better then the average marvel writer who can only manage to be boring.

Otherwise I agree with you.
If I wanted to read a retarded comic book writer that has pumped out mountains of dogshit but has a handful of good stuff, I'd read Jeph Loeb's Long Halloween or Superman for All Seasons. At least Loeb had the excuse of being mentally broken after his son died to explain why he stopped writing good shit. In general comic books as a medium is just filled with so much poor writing that the most moderatelly acceptable writing that pops up is often helds in high standing due to the miles of dogshit around it, causing everyone to regard that writer as the next Dumas. Very rarely an actually talented writer will pop up and pump out some solid work that the vampiric industry will bleed dry for a solid decade at the minimum.
Loeb wrote Ultimates#3 you SURE you want to use him to compare to Bendis :SelenHAHAhere:

Look i'm saying his work when it's good is good i'm not hailing him as the second coming of Hickman or something that would be Jed Mackay .

Unsurprisingly like corpo vtubers, the limitations and constraints forced on the writers by the CCA ended up forcing them to become more creative to make phenomenal work.
Not sure about this but I fucking hope so. Give us more Immortal Hulk and Less whatever the fuck came directly after.

God's Strongest Dragoon

RE: Miles, any chance you played his standalone game? It was actually pretty damn solid and I ended up liking Mile's moveset that focused on his Venom Strike powers much better than Peter's gadget based toolkit. I also thought the story smoothed out a lot of the burs the first game had - the story was overall better for what it was, and the bosses were also way better in my opinion. I share your annoyance with the horseshit Sony is probably pushing, but Insomniac's track record has generally been pretty great.
I actually enjoyed the Miles game, which is why I'm hesitant to immediately lob shit at Insomniac for the rumor mill trying to claim the story is awful. I didn't care much for Miles's Venom Strike/Bio-Electricity powers because I always felt that was out of place on Spider-Man in general. Other than that, I agree with pretty much everything, the story was a lot better for Miles because it was more coherent and focused. The PS4 Spider-Man just started adding more and more villains into the mix without giving them the dedication they deserved. The result is that you'd get interested in this big villain showing up, it would distract you from the main storyline, and then the villain would be out of the mix just as quickly as they entered but it pulled your focus away from the main storyline too much. The 2-on-1 fights from the Sinister Six were fun because it was interesting to see them teaming up but there wasn't much buildup put into them as characters and the fights were very one-note and the game played itself for those fights.

Insomniac hasn't disappointed me yet and I've already heard rumors about which enemies are in the story, so I'm debating on watching someone's playthrough or waiting for the inevitable 1-2 years when they release the game on PC. I'm just hoping it's good because then I won't have to worry as much about their Wolverine game they're working on.
I never said gore makes a good writer I said his better stuff tends to scare off readers (due to how gory it can be) not even all his gory stuff is good.Hitman might be a discount punisher but ill always remember it fondly when it strayed away from that (yes its DC shut up)
Hitman? I don't recall Bendis ever wrote for Hitman, that was Garth Ennis. I'll still give you points for that one thought because Ennis has written some wild shit.
Loeb wrote Ultimates#3 you SURE you want to use him to compare to Bendis :SelenHAHAhere:
I agreed with you on that one, I already noted that Loeb stopped being able to write after his son died in 2005. Ultimates 3 was in 2007. It was kind of like Frank Miller with 9/11 but a thousand times worse and more apparent. I only pointed to Loeb because when he hits, he pretty much wrote some of the best works for those characeters. I haven't read much comics since I peaced out from the medium for a solid decade when it was clear that it was all fucked. I might check out some Mackay since you mentioned him.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I'm just hoping it's good because then I won't have to worry as much about their Wolverine game they're working on.
I'm picking it up tomorrow. Give me a few days and I'll let you know how it is.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
I like Miles as a character. He is one of the few good things Marvel has made in recent years, especially considering how dogshit the rest of the Ultimate universe ended up being. He was also the only Spider-man worth reading, when I used to read them, because Peter's stories have been largely dogshit for almost 20 years now.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Hitman? I don't recall Bendis ever wrote for Hitman, that was Garth Ennis. I'll still give you points for that one thought because Ennis has written some wild shit.

I agreed with you on that one, I already noted that Loeb stopped being able to write after his son died in 2005. Ultimates 3 was in 2007. It was kind of like Frank Miller with 9/11 but a thousand times worse and more apparent. I only pointed to Loeb because when he hits, he pretty much wrote some of the best works for those characeters. I haven't read much comics since I peaced out from the medium for a solid decade when it was clear that it was all fucked. I might check out some Mackay since you mentioned him.
*googles the fuck bendis actually did* I was yes apparently confusing him with Ennis i'm an idiot bonk me.I will say Sam and Twitch was probably some of the Best parts of spawn though that's the only long running work of his I know of well that and Powers but that is more of a collab

Edit: redacted a bit because I was confusing Ennis with Ellis. kill me now.

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
World of Horror went 1.0 today and actually released an animated trailer done in the style of the game. Looks sick.

That trailer :BijouBijou:

Top Bottom