"Amelia wanted to walk to the mountain monkeys, so I said 'Bat (But)... bat... Japanese birajii issu dark and dangyaryasu!!' I'm from the countryside so I know the good and dangerous sides of it. I know very well because I grew up in a village! You have to go back at 5 in the morning because bears show up!"Oozora Subaru

Vidya Games Thread

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

All Armored Core games reported sales compared.
Holy shit.

I feel really fucking bad for people who liked the gameplay style of the previous AC games, because shit nigga, they're never getting anything like that again. Because I know at least four diehard Armored Core fans and none of them liked 6.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
I feel really fucking bad for people who liked the gameplay style of the previous AC games, because shit nigga, they're never getting anything like that again. Because I know at least four diehard Armored Core fans and none of them liked 6.
Fromsoft reinvents the wheel with every game darksouls 2 3 bloodborn and elden ring share a few things but all have seperate mechanics.

Future Armored Core will probably follow the same design.

When Lost Kingdom 3 fuckers.

Bug Eater

I'm apparently a month late but I tried out the demo for The Last Exterminator and it's pretty fun (if you aren't already sick of boomer shooters). Very heavily influenced by Duke 3D. Hard to get too excited about it when there's a chance it will never be finished, but it's worth keeping an eye on.

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
> modding skyrim
> sick of JK's Cities, wanted something else as a base to build off of for the main cities
> oh, I remember Dawn of Skyrim looking nice
> developer decided to change the main file name for no reason in the latest version before leaving the community
> half the mod patches work for the original file name, the other half only work for the latest version
> mod becomes completely unusable in a heavily modded loadorder

Between this and watching vtubers, its no surprise it takes me months before I can actually start playing modded Bethesda games.

Edit: nvm, someone came in clutch and made patches
Edit2: nvm still doesnt work, reinstalling JK cities :painpeko:

Last edited:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Link to the real video so you don't have to watch Reactmontard.

Blizzard continues to impress me with their incompetence and retardation. It's honestly still baffling how far they've fallen.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Blizzard continues to impress me with their incompetence and retardation. It's honestly still baffling how far they've fallen.
is it really? most of their talented staff walked during project titan's inception (later overwatch) i forget if it was layoffs or whatever but by time the downfall of blizzard came almost no one was left from the golden years having lost alot of people launching wow and heartstone.

of course it would go tits up Activision wearing it's skin like a suit to be people to throw money at RECOGNIZABLE BRAND

God's Strongest Dragoon

is it really? most of their talented staff walked during project titan's inception (later overwatch) i forget if it was layoffs or whatever but by time the downfall of blizzard came almost no one was left from the golden years having lost alot of people launching wow and heartstone.

of course it would go tits up Activision wearing it's skin like a suit to be people to throw money at RECOGNIZABLE BRAND
The last major culling was when quite a few of the remaining old guard started to leave after the WoW Legion expansion, as Sargeras and The Burning Legion was the last loose end from Warcraft 3. It was written in a way that could serve as the "end of WoW" and a good leadup to WoW2. So you're right, a lot of their old guard was gone when all the drama started piling up for Blizzard.

A major issue over the years was that they kept starting new projects that were "games as a service" like Overwatch and Hearthstone, which meant they had to maintain those projects with more and more dedicated teams. The result is that they didn't have enough talented employees working at the company to spread across all those teams and the overall quality started to decline. Eventually the talented people get frustrated and leave after they spent 4 years of their life on a game that was ruined by all the other retards on their team. This was only accelerated when Blizzard started to become a big name in the industry and they took advantage of new hires by paying them less for the luxury of working at "the cool dev studio".

This is actually a major issue across the entire industry as talented programmers don't want to work for sub-100k salaries with crunch when they could work at a laid-back tech company for 200k+. There's a lot of reasons why these new games are being released in broken states but one of them is that the devs are just plain incompetent due to decades of non-competitive hiring practices.

Abomination

is it really?
Yes it is. Because even whenever you can point at a decline in quality after key people left, Blizzard still had a fairly strong fanbase and was still maintaining their own gaming culture. Of course there were criticisms at times, but Blizzard was still looked at positively for the most part, including for a time after Overwatch's release.

To me, things really seemed to start destabilizing hard with their disastrous Diablo Immortal reveal and nosedived a year later with the Blitzchung controversy, followed by multiple other high-profile controversies and decisions.

It is baffling because it isn't just a slow decline due to a drop in quality of their games like many other companies. It's that, on top of some of the dumbest decisions and shittiest PR moves ever in the span of a few years. It's the fact they went from one of the most beloved sweethearts in gaming to the pile of shit they are now in a few years due to the above mentioned. They have devolved into a company that's being laughed at because of their shitty math in their official videos. This is not the norm of other companies that have declined.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

1697677670822.png (Link)
:vesperfacepalm:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Abomination

>Don't be surprised if a vocal minority of players boycott the game for its social justice themes.

Not a boycott if I never intended to buy it, but thanks for validating my decision to not buy it by making it sound worse than I assumed, anyway.
:mikothumbsl:

Lee Crabb

Resident Liacon
Good thing I tapped out on capeshit in all its forms 15 years ago.

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
>Don't be surprised if a vocal minority of players boycott the game for its social justice themes.

Not a boycott if I never intended to buy it, but thanks for validating my decision to not buy it by making it sound worse than I assumed, anyway.
:mikothumbsl:
I wasn't really keeping up with the marketing for the game outside of, like, a couple trailers and I thought it looked decent enough so I was planning on probably buying it when it inevitably comes to PC in a few years, but now I'm just gonna wait to yarrharr it instead. I'm sure the people on that one basedmods site will probably find a way to get rid of a lot of the gay shit anyways.

Abomination

I think the last Spider-Man game I played was Ultimate Spider-Man on the PS2, which was awesome.

Maybe I'll replay that again....

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum
Been playing Diablo 4 on the Steam Deck

THE GOOD: Just what has Blizzard done is witchery to me, it went from an unplayable stuttery mess to silky 60 fps smooth gameplay, also the GAMEPLAY feels much better, the horse doesn't give a shit anymore if there are obstacles :tomorrow:, the seasonal powers are not an inventory management juggle

THE BAD: it's still Diablo 4, lacks the overlay map, the resistances are still a circus, battle pass and shop yada yada, for it to be this kind of game it's GIGA expensive when there are better choices like Last Epoch, PoE but they don't have the same gameplay streamline like in Diablo

the game has mixed reviews on Steam, 6/10, it's far more than what went down with Overwatch and that's... good? I guess? I've seen the negative reviews and they're 50% ignorance, 25% shitting on Activision Blizzard, 25% meme

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
This game is so stupid, but it's also the greatest FPS I've played in recent memory.

we need more F.E.A.R clones

Last edited:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

That Guy Over There

It's time to Moom

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
Top Bottom