"Giving 'likes' to comments falling under defamation of NIJISANJI Livers and Anycolor Inc., using social media accounts that she personally operates."Zaion LanZa's termination notice

Vidya Games Thread

Schockwellenreiter

Dr. Negro Cortex
Man, don't get me started, the first thing I played on my brand new and shiny GPU was a doom .wad
I've got enough games on Steam and my EXHDD to last a man several lifetimes but instead of actually playing them I've been nostalgia tripping on Newgrounds flash games all morning. This evening I'm going to play Deus Ex or Warcraft III... again.
At this point I don't know why I ever continued to update my rig after 2006

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum
The FTC is fuming rn

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
CDPR is also testing for their next game. The new lighting engines are going to be integral to all of the major games starting development right now for 2027-2030 releases. The next console cycle should have fully mature RT units and we might see a fully offloaded global illumination systems. So everything they're up to makes sense, from that stand point.
No one gives a damn about the friggin lighting we really are in a time loop remember when everyone in and their mother was discovering that trying to make realistic lighting was way too cpu intensive for even the best systems out there pretty sure fortnite still has the graphical settings if you really want to melt your machine.

REEEEE.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
reject photorealism and real-time reflections, embrace SOVL

for the low, low price of $0, you could fill your needs of optimization and number going up with TRANSPORT LOGISTICS:

if you want something like those old turn-based fantasy wargames, you could also spend an additional $0 to dive into the decades of user generated content in:

or maybe you want to play one of those space games that was on the school computer when you were a kid, in which case, drop another fat wad of $0 and even more user generated content with:

perhaps you want something more competitive, taken straight from the early days of RTS gaming, in which case make sure you have another $0 in your budget for:

maybe after years of being told "learn to code", you take up the challenge, but also want to activate the good brain chemicals, so check your pockets for another $0 and automate your processes with:

if you're a big spender practically flush with cash, and all these previous purchases aren't burning a hole in your pocket, you could consider supporting the development of one of these old-school time vampires for about ~$25 for all of its content - less on sale, and free directly from their website - but you'll never have free time again, probably:

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Hideki Kamiya has officially left Platinum Games, and is now unemployed.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Hideki Kamiya has officially left Platinum Games, and is now unemployed.

the TLDR for people is hes gonna be posting stuff to youtube but he can't make games for about a year (paid non compete)

Seems to be doing well good for him will see if platinum improves without him.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick
reject photorealism and real-time reflections, embrace SOVL

for the low, low price of $0, you could fill your needs of optimization and number going up with TRANSPORT LOGISTICS:

if you want something like those old turn-based fantasy wargames, you could also spend an additional $0 to dive into the decades of user generated content in:

or maybe you want to play one of those space games that was on the school computer when you were a kid, in which case, drop another fat wad of $0 and even more user generated content with:

perhaps you want something more competitive, taken straight from the early days of RTS gaming, in which case make sure you have another $0 in your budget for:

maybe after years of being told "learn to code", you take up the challenge, but also want to activate the good brain chemicals, so check your pockets for another $0 and automate your processes with:

if you're a big spender practically flush with cash, and all these previous purchases aren't burning a hole in your pocket, you could consider supporting the development of one of these old-school time vampires for about ~$25 for all of its content - less on sale, and free directly from their website - but you'll never have free time again, probably:

This isn't on Steam yet, but I can vouch for it being a pretty good game for $0:
http://sauerbraten.org/
1697238456314.png

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
him

UberSoldat

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum
Reminder that the Steam Deck is a god send and should become a standard for handhelds to have a Linux distribution rather than Windows 11, and giving customers free will to tinker with them

mc-20231014_100944.jpg

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

No one gives a damn about the friggin lighting we really are in a time loop remember when everyone in and their mother was discovering that trying to make realistic lighting was way too cpu intensive for even the best systems out there pretty sure fortnite still has the graphical settings if you really want to melt your machine.

REEEEE.

We're in the transition stage in GPU tech, but it's far more like the early hardware shading days rather than things like anti-aliasing tech. Though it's going about as slow. A fully hardware-based Global Illumination completely changes the work flow for the entire environmental art team. (It's also going to radically change aspects of Art Direction, so expect some really cracked stuff and AAA games that look terrible around 2029.) One of the big time wasters in development is having to "pre-bake" lighting in scenes. It's a full 3D render path and, depending on the way a game is structured, could easily have to be set to run over night.

It'll also open up completely different approaches to texturing generally. The entire texture and lightning systems will be radically different, but it has to be on "from the ground up" tech that can handle that Global Illumination. It isn't really about looking more realistic, but having the light respond in a more realistic and automatic fashion. Though my point about them taking a while to figure out how to use it properly will be funny. It might be the Bloom! era all over again.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
New fan game based on Suika Game. Haven't tried it out yet.

Edit: Not sure if he already posted it here or not, but according to Jambalaya, this one is better.

Edit 2: Having now tried both of them out, the latter is, in fact, better than the former. Still a bit too bouncy and slidey, but not bad.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

With Diablo 4's Season 2 coming out soon, Blizzard has revealed why their game is broken. This is one of the funniest things I've seen all week.
69 BILLION DOLLARS

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
With Diablo 4's Season 2 coming out soon, Blizzard has revealed why their game is broken. This is one of the funniest things I've seen all week.
69 BILLION DOLLARS

Link to the real video so you don't have to watch Reactmontard.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Link to the real video so you don't have to watch Reactmontard.

I thought asians and pajeets were supposed to be good at math.
Before you @me with pajeets being asian, no, they are an abhuman techno-pest.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
New fan game based on Suika Game. Haven't tried it out yet.

Edit: Not sure if he already posted it here or not, but according to Jambalaya, this one is better.

Edit 2: Having now tried both of them out, the latter is, in fact, better than the former. Still a bit too bouncy and slidey, but not bad.
Apparently there's another one.
I've only played it a bit on my phone, but I like this one the most.

Last edited:

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter

What the fuck Mahjong Soul, I'm gonna play Riichi city now, that's gross

God's Strongest Dragoon

You're just trying to jong and suddenly you get into a lobby with 3 furries
:pippasadl:

Kalion

:)

All Armored Core games reported sales compared.
Holy shit.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

riichi city has bigger tits so obviously it is the better one

my brother is addicted

Top Bottom