"How to be serious: 1. Shut the FUCK up 2. Go to better supermarkets 3. Cease use of any and all emoji and/or silly buttons"Rin Penrose

Vidya Games Thread

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Son of a bitch. I bought a 1000 yen gift card so I could get Suika Game, and when I went to the Nintendo Shop to buy it, I find out that it's now available internationally.

I guess it's only ten bucks, but still pretty annoying. Any decent JP-only games I can get for 1000 yen or less?

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Son of a bitch. I bought a 1000 yen gift card so I could get Suika Game, and when I went to the Nintendo Shop to buy it, I find out that it's now available internationally.

I guess it's only ten bucks, but still pretty annoying. Any decent JP-only games I can get for 1000 yen or less?
not sure about the prices but if you can read japenese or don't care try picking up any of the Super Robot Wars games especially if you enjoy Mecha Anime.

You can get by once you learn how to navigate the menus as once you know what "this text" does it's just memorization.

I really wish FireEmblem would take more cues from it as a series simply because there is more to a unit then how well they swing whatever weapon they are good with.

My Personal Favorite even though it did get sold over here is Super Robot Wars Original Generation Banpresto's attempt at making an marketing it's own mechas with a game of their own.

The videos below are just to show off OG for the GBA vs SRW30 one of the newest ones.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Technically suika game is cheaper if you pay in yen, so I would buy it with that, anyway

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Technically suika game is cheaper if you pay in yen, so I would buy it with that, anyway
Unless you're actually from Japan, you need to buy a giftcard. Paypal and your debit card won't work. 1000 yen was the cheapest I could find from a reputable seller (play-asia).

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Unless you're actually from Japan, you need to buy a giftcard. Paypal and your debit card won't work. 1000 yen was the cheapest I could find from a reputable seller (play-asia).
I am mostly saying that specifically because you already bought the card.

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

I'd probably put it toward something like Needy Girl Overdose to get the uncensored version.

(I'll just note I got the physical version, hopefully the digital version also has English. They do do that with a few Japanese games.)

Last edited:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

MrProcessor

Soldier of Godrick

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
I am mostly saying that specifically because you already bought the card.
Ohhh, yeah I just reread your post. I got like four hours of sleep yesterday, so I was running a bit slow. Yeah, that would have been a good idea. Too late now, though.

The Rrat

Early Adopter
Ohhh, yeah I just reread your post. I got like four hours of sleep yesterday, so I was running a bit slow. Yeah, that would have been a good idea. Too late now, though.
I mean, we are talking something like a difference of cents, anyway, so not like it was a big deal haha

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

mostly slow walking holding still and not doing anything. I suppose it's a "first look" but holy shit does that not inspire confidence. Give me Snake shoving 15 pandas down his gullet.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Wish there was a bit more gameplay, but what little movement they show feels a lot like MGSV, and if we're getting the gameplay of MGSV, with actual level design, I couldn't be happier.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Wish there was a bit more gameplay, but what little movement they show feels a lot like MGSV, and if we're getting the gameplay of MGSV, with actual level design, I couldn't be happier.
Don't Konami still own the game engine from MGSV? I recall Kojima partnering with that dev team that made Horizon to make a new game engine they could both use. It was actually a really funny history twist because the Horizon devs were Dutch and the Dutch have a long history of being the only white people to casually interact with the Japanese.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Don't Konami still own the game engine from MGSV? I recall Kojima partnering with that dev team that made Horizon to make a new game engine they could both use. It was actually a really funny history twist because the Horizon devs were Dutch and the Dutch have a long history of being the only white people to casually interact with the Japanese.
They still own FOXEngine, they use it for all the PES games :^)
But Delta is using UE5, but the crouch walking and prone animations are straight up from MGSV, so it's a bit wacky.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
They still own FOXEngine, they use it for all the PES games :^)
But Delta is using UE5, but the crouch walking and prone animations are straight up from MGSV, so it's a bit wacky.
i think whenever they stop being able to steal from the FOX Engine will be the true tell of konami's abilities shame it was made so recently they are basically set for a few more years.

That they are grafting it on to UE5 instead of using the fox engine is pretty telling in of it's self though are they really too butthurt about it to use their very expensive tech or do they simply not have anyone that can use it and so are just trying to port it into UE5?:cursedbae:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
i think whenever they stop being able to steal from the FOX Engine will be the true tell of konami's abilities shame it was made so recently they are basically set for a few more years.

That they are grafting it on to UE5 instead of using the fox engine is pretty telling in of it's self though are they really too butthurt about it to use their very expensive tech or do they simply not have anyone that can use it and so are just trying to port it into UE5?:cursedbae:
From what I know, most of the people who made the FOX Engine and actually worked on the technical and gameplay parts of MGSV and MGS in general are still at Konami. Kojima really didn't lead some grand exodus when he fucked off, like 8 people left with him. Also from what I remember, the FOX engine was notoriously hard to work with because Konami wanted it to work on PC, PS3 and PS4, so it makes sense to go for something easier to work with, that also has the capacity to look much better.

God's Strongest Dragoon

So I still don't have a horse in this race regarding Spider-Man 2 (haven't watched Tenma's playthrough yet) but I found some funny news from Sony. Sony was eager to announce their new game was a hit and no one should complain about the weird stuff going on in it.

That is until someone noticed a problem.

[a]

WIZARDCHADS WIN AGAIN, STAY MAD TROONS

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
So I still don't have a horse in this race regarding Spider-Man 2 (haven't watched Tenma's playthrough yet) but I found some funny news from Sony. Sony was eager to announce their new game was a hit and no one should complain about the weird stuff going on in it.

That is until someone noticed a problem.

[a]

WIZARDCHADS WIN AGAIN, STAY MAD TROONS

That "Still well ahead of Mario" cope is so great. No wonder Spiderman is gonna sell well, did any other Playstation exclusives even come out this year? FF16? Oh shit, that's an entire TWO games, confirmed to be coming to PC later. Nintoddlers at least get four games, and they technically don't come out on PC.

Top Bottom