"Your sausage versus my sausage. Do you understand?"Oozora Subaru

Vidya Games Thread

God's Strongest Dragoon

That "Still well ahead of Mario" cope is so great. No wonder Spiderman is gonna sell well, did any other Playstation exclusives even come out this year? FF16? Oh shit, that's an entire TWO games, confirmed to be coming to PC later. Nintoddlers at least get four games, and they technically don't come out on PC.
Yeah, we also have Christmas around the corner too. I expect Mario sales to pop-off hard when Christmas rolls around too.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
Hogwarts Legacy being the biggest launch of the year is both hilarious and fantastic at the same time.

God's Strongest Dragoon

Blizzard just revealed the full broadcast schedule for Blizzcon 2023 with some changes

Best part though is the changes this year

That's right, no live WoW Q&A
:whatastory:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
That "Still well ahead of Mario" cope is so great. No wonder Spiderman is gonna sell well, did any other Playstation exclusives even come out this year? FF16? Oh shit, that's an entire TWO games, confirmed to be coming to PC later. Nintoddlers at least get four games, and they technically don't come out on PC.
I count 7. 8 or 9 if your interested in some of the slightly smaller but interesting releases like the Super Mario RPG switch port.

Advance Wars 1+2
FE Engage
Kirby return to Dreamland Deluxe
Metroid Prime
Pikmin 4
SMB Wonder
Tears of the Kingdom.

And that's just from Nintendo directly. The New Layton game will probably be huge P5 Tactica looks good and will definitely sell well Star Ocean Prince of Persia Detective Pikachu of all things.

Surprising no one nintendo continues to hold all the W each generation.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Wish there was a bit more gameplay, but what little movement they show feels a lot like MGSV, and if we're getting the gameplay of MGSV, with actual level design, I couldn't be happier.

They'll have my attention if they post a gameplay reveal that recreates this classic banger in full, 1:1 frame perfect copy.

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum

This honestly looks like an Unreal Engine fan game but with budget behind it

I'm saying that it looks underwhelming despite the looks

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum
Blizzard just revealed the full broadcast schedule for Blizzcon 2023 with some changes

Best part though is the changes this year

That's right, no live WoW Q&A
:whatastory:
Dragonflight has been so trash in the story, not worse than Shadowlands but still a fucking circus of nonsense and full of retcons with a book that sets up the whole expansion released at the end of it's life cycle, the next expansion got leaked already as rumors say

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
Dragonflight has been so trash in the story, not worse than Shadowlands but still a fucking circus of nonsense and full of retcons with a book that sets up the whole expansion released at the end of it's life cycle, the next expansion got leaked already as rumors say
my parents did a retard and bought 3 months of WoW then realized they had no idea how to play and lost interest (despite my attempts to help) so I got to hijack the account and try dragonflight on their dime (lol) I say this because i am wholly aginst giving blizzard a cent.

So I did play dragonflight and I thought it was mostly OK would make sense that i missed all the retconny bullshit though since the only warcraft lore i know is tides of darkness.

But I do question why that is an issue? it can't be worse then Legion or Warlords can it or is there something i am massively missing?

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum
my parents did a retard and bought 3 months of WoW then realized they had no idea how to play and lost interest (despite my attempts to help) so I got to hijack the account and try dragonflight on their dime (lol) I say this because i am wholly aginst giving blizzard a cent.

So I did play dragonflight and I thought it was mostly OK would make sense that i missed all the retconny bullshit though since the only warcraft lore i know is tides of darkness.

But I do question why that is an issue? it can't be worse then Legion or Warlords can it or is there something i am massively missing?
Since Legion it went downhill so hard, they still try to imitate that expansion but with so much cringe in between and also the WAR in Warcraft doesn't fucking exist at all now, it's all corny shit and do things "TOGETHER" I swear to god I've heard that word in so many cutscenes in this expansion I'm literally tired of it

EVERY BIT OF VIOLENCE IN THE GAME WAS STRIPPED FROM THE GAME. IT'S ALL A VEGAN STORY

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

the only warcraft lore i know is tides of darkness.

It's the complete failure to make the story interesting. Everything about warcraft is about being a wild and badass 90s franchise about war, sacrifice, and honor. Warcraft's story REALLY kicked up in Warcraft 3, which was the sequel to Tides of Darkness. I was going to write a huge thhrang-tier essay about the huge shift in tone in every way but just watch these cinematics to see how much shit it became.

Watch these two cinematics and note the tone of them.

Now note the tone of these Warlords and Legion cinematics
Warlords's Nagrand Questline Ending

Warlords's Expansion Cinematic
Legion's Expansion Cinematic

Ending Cinematic of Legion's 2nd Raid Tier

Ending Cinematic of Legion's 3rd Raid Tier

Legion's Argus Questline Ending

Now compare those to Dragonflight:
Dragonflight's Expansion Cinematic

Ending Cinematic of Dragonflight's 2nd Raid Tier

It's a huge departure from the aggressive and serious tone. The best description I've seen is that they "Pixar'd" the story and they're unable to let bad guys do undeniably bad things like brutally murder people or anything of that sort, which completely sterilizes the story. There is no war in warcraft anymore. There's a lot of problems with the writing but it can be best summed up in the next two pictures:
1621168843128.png
Now for the real cherry-topper, this is the narrative director of WoW:
1634760441516.jpg
Yes, you read that write. After Legion ended, a bunch of the Old Guard from the Warcraft 3 days saw it as their time to leave because Legion closed up the final loose end from Warcraft 3. So now this giga-retard was allowed to run wild and his first order of business was to retcon some Undead Champion into his self-insert so he could write fanfic between himself and one of the most beloved characters. Sylvanas was a character that everyone either loved or loved to hate. He completely butchered her character and made everyone hate the everliving fuck out of her because she became a Saturday Morning Cartoon character. This is the retard in charge of WoW's writing. The Old Guard fucked off and left him the keys to the kingdom. The fact that he hasn't been fired is one of the reasons why hardly anyone came back for Dragonflight.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
It's the complete failure to make the story interesting. Everything about warcraft is about being a wild and badass 90s franchise about war, sacrifice, and honor. Warcraft's story REALLY kicked up in Warcraft 3, which was the sequel to Tides of Darkness. I was going to write a huge thhrang-tier essay about the huge shift in tone in every way but just watch these cinematics to see how much shit it became.

Watch these two cinematics and note the tone of them.

Now note the tone of these Warlords and Legion cinematics
Warlords's Nagrand Questline Ending

Warlords's Expansion Cinematic
Legion's Expansion Cinematic

Ending Cinematic of Legion's 2nd Raid Tier

Ending Cinematic of Legion's 3rd Raid Tier

Legion's Argus Questline Ending

Now compare those to Dragonflight:
Dragonflight's Expansion Cinematic

Ending Cinematic of Dragonflight's 2nd Raid Tier

It's a huge departure from the aggressive and serious tone. The best description I've seen is that they "Pixar'd" the story and they're unable to let bad guys do undeniably bad things like brutally murder people or anything of that sort, which completely sterilizes the story. There is no war in warcraft anymore. There's a lot of problems with the writing but it can be best summed up in the next two pictures:
View attachment 53323
Now for the real cherry-topper, this is the narrative director of WoW:
View attachment 53325
Yes, you read that write. After Legion ended, a bunch of the Old Guard from the Warcraft 3 days saw it as their time to leave because Legion closed up the final loose end from Warcraft 3. So now this giga-retard was allowed to run wild and his first order of business was to retcon some Undead Champion into his self-insert so he could write fanfic between himself and one of the most beloved characters. Sylvanas was a character that everyone either loved or loved to hate. He completely butchered her character and made everyone hate the everliving fuck out of her because she became a Saturday Morning Cartoon character. This is the retard in charge of WoW's writing. The Old Guard fucked off and left him the keys to the kingdom. The fact that he hasn't been fired is one of the reasons why hardly anyone came back for Dragonflight.

I don't mind the change of tone I only got snippets of the other expansions during my time with the game but when the world get it's shit rocked EVERY TIME something more lite in stakes makes sense and since it also introduced a bunch of retconns I could see it as set up for the next expansion. So ill stick with my initial assessment it's Mid overall. Gonna assume it going from a Heavy Metal Album to a Light Rock Album might annoy vets more then newcomers though.

I was aware of the Staff Exodus after Legion blightcaller smelled of cringe when i went horde glad to have context why. (specifically chose Horde because I wanted a peak into the Sylvanas fuckery)
Since Legion it went downhill so hard, they still try to imitate that expansion but with so much cringe in between and also the WAR in Warcraft doesn't fucking exist at all now, it's all corny shit and do things "TOGETHER" I swear to god I've heard that word in so many cutscenes in this expansion I'm literally tired of it

EVERY BIT OF VIOLENCE IN THE GAME WAS STRIPPED FROM THE GAME. IT'S ALL A VEGAN STORY
you will eat your Isekai power fantasy and LIKE IT.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I don't mind the change of tone I only got snippets of the other expansions during my time with the game but when the world get it's shit rocked EVERY TIME something more lite in stakes makes sense and since it also introduced a bunch of retconns I could see it as set up for the next expansion. So ill stick with my initial assessment it's Mid overall. Gonna assume it going from a Heavy Metal Album to a Light Rock Album might annoy vets more then newcomers though.

I was aware of the Staff Exodus after Legion blightcaller smelled of cringe when i went horde glad to have context why. (specifically chose Horde because I wanted a peak into the Sylvanas fuckery)

you will eat your Isekai power fantasy and LIKE IT.
The problem was mainly Shadowlands. People just don't care about Dragonflight because they have no reason to care. Meanwhile Shadowlands completely assfucked the lore in such an enormous way that there's no undoing it. It's really quite amazing at how they fucked up the lore in every way with just that one expansion. It's somehow worse than Game of Thrones Season 8. At least GoT just said "everything is for nothing, the ending sucked, all these storylines are now wasted because they all ended in shit". Shadowlands fucked every single piece of lore by retconning the entire universe and the character motivation behind every major villain.

It's like if you had a rope and GOT decided to dip the last bit in dogshit. Shadowlands managed to soak every fiber of the rope in dogshit.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
The problem was mainly Shadowlands. People just don't care about Dragonflight because they have no reason to care. Meanwhile Shadowlands completely assfucked the lore in such an enormous way that there's no undoing it. It's really quite amazing at how they fucked up the lore in every way with just that one expansion. It's somehow worse than Game of Thrones Season 8. At least GoT just said "everything is for nothing, the ending sucked, all these storylines are now wasted because they all ended in shit". Shadowlands fucked every single piece of lore by retconning the entire universe and the character motivation behind every major villain.

It's like if you had a rope and GOT decided to dip the last bit in dogshit. Shadowlands managed to soak every fiber of the rope in dogshit.
BUT THE JONGLER'S GOT THE SNOGGLES GUY! HE'S GOT THEM, AND HE'S GONNA UNMAKE THE PURPOSE! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO BROS? IT'S OVER!

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk

Kinda disappointed it took me so long to figure out how to use the level booster so i could just dive into past expansion content faster as I only got pieces of some of the stupid bullshit into of the whole thing.Finding out god stuck a 500FT sword into the world was pretty cool even though ill always attribute that to Brutal Legends.

BUT THE JONGLER'S GOT THE SNOGGLES GUY! HE'S GOT THEM, AND HE'S GONNA UNMAKE THE PURPOSE! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO BROS? IT'S OVER!
Hogger will save us all.

God's Strongest Dragoon

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
WoW continuously set its story up for failure by killing off its most popular villains in the first three expansions. After that, it was basically just Sargeras left, so once he got taken care of in Legion, there was basically no where else to go than start making new characters.

Kyouko

Vanitas vanitatum
WoW continuously set its story up for failure by killing off its most popular villains in the first three expansions. After that, it was basically just Sargeras left, so once he got taken care of in Legion, there was basically no where else to go than start making new characters.
I miss Legion so much it's unreal:pippasadl:

Everything was so badass

God's Strongest Dragoon

Yeah, they had three expansions to build up new characters in the background but they were too focused on the mainline story. Their best effort at making a new villain was Garrosh and they at least had him in the pipeline since TBC and Wrath. The only other bullet they had in the chamber was the Old God stuff but they fumbled their Old God expansion with BFA. Now they have to make new characters and then kill them off in the same expansion because they haven't done any planning.

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
Finished Alan Wake II the other day. What a fantastic game. As a big fan of Remedy games, I enjoy the continuous narrative they are crafting with each new release.
Photoshop_4jaaTJhNVs.png

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Finished Alan Wake II the other day. What a fantastic game. As a big fan of Remedy games, I enjoy the continuous narrative they are crafting with each new release.

me, still going through my first playthrough, planning additional runs with each expansion and content update

not only are the main areas densely packed, they change over time, so it's very easy to miss optional content, making my playthrough take that much longer than it really should

not a complaint, mind you, this is the sort of thing I live for, and I'm looking forward to how they further improve upon the tech with Control II or whatever their Vanguard live-service game turns out to be

Top Bottom