"does your mouth ever get lonely? Like you just need to have something in your mouth"Fujikura Uruka

Vidya Games Thread

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Slight pain in the ass but it has been done.
Screenshot 2023-07-24 03-24-11.png

I say this with shame that the only time I died in both playthroughs was when I got stunlocked by that notorious mark goblin.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I wonder because Kay Yu said that the moment he gets money this won't be his hobby anymore and that it would stop him from making the game. If he was lying for the goodboy pats it would be a retarded thing to lie about since people were offering to give him money in the first place. Or maybe he was talking about donations only and not corporate funding.
IIRC, recently he mentioned Cover came to him about about monetization and them funding him and he refused. Being on Steam doesn't mean he is getting money for it. You can get games listed on Steam with just a $100 buy-in.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
So, the devs of Lobotomy Corp, Library of Ruina and Limbus Company are in some of the funniest drama I've seen in a while. They are a Korean company, this is important.

After the summer event for the game was announced and the swimsuit skins were very tame, gook coomers got incredibly assmad and started threatening the studio and artists, and review bombing the game. At which point, the Western community, which is a solid 90% fujoshis, faggets, and dicksplitters, decided to fight back, by reverse-review bomb the game, and making smug threads on reddit. I shit you not, I saw them accusing GamerGate of this.

And then the coomers found that one of the artists was a Korean feminist, this artist wasn't responsible for the swimsuits, she did story CGs, she also wasn't at the company for very long. And that she had a bunch of tweets out there of y'know, innocent Korean feminist shit. Like talking about how male children should be strangled in the crib because they'll all become rapists or whatever, nothing major. :^)

When confronted with this, she had an extreme woman moment, doubled down, and got fired. The devs apologized and promised to do better when it comes to sorting out actual gameplay issues. The swimsuits remain completely unchanged.

This caused all of the gooks to reverse their review bombing and praise the company, meanwhile the game's subreddit and western discord are in complete lockdown, and the fujos are now review bombing the game instead.

In summation, gook coomers were blueballed so hard they got some rancid Korean feminist fired, the cancerous western fanbase of troons, fujos and turbogays is imploding in on itself and hopefully going the fuck away forever. And here I am, big chillin' with my favorite character getting a 10/10 swimsuit.

2222222.png

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
That quite literally a cluster fuck to track and insane! :SelenHAHAhere:

I also assume the character in question is the one you're showing, which to me looks like a tight diver suit. Which I guess does fit the criteria of swimsuit. Also never saw their games as coomer bait, so it be kind of out of genre for it to push coomer stuff. It's more horror or cathulu stuff with anime art style twist.

I haven't tried their new game, but I enjoyed the scp inspired original game Lobotomy Corp. Also, wasn't there another controversy with Limbus Company a few months back about game mechanic's or something?

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
That quite literally a cluster fuck to track and insane! :SelenHAHAhere:

I also assume the character in question is the one you're showing, which to me looks like a tight diver suit. Which I guess does fit the criteria of swimsuit. Also never saw their games as coomer bait, so it be kind of out of genre for it to push coomer stuff. It's more horror or cathulu stuff with anime art style twist.

I haven't tried their new game, but I enjoyed the scp inspired original game Lobotomy Corp. Also, wasn't there another controversy with Limbus Company a few months back about game mechanic's or something?
1690307886750.png

This is the actual art for the swimsuit, and when you upgrade it she gets a tacticool chest rig over her booba.
But yeah, they never leaned into coomer shit, with none of their games. It's just unfortunate that so many insufferable tumblr faggots and secondaries latched onto the game because of that.

Eh, the game has had a couple bits of drama because the devs don't know what the fuck they're doing when it comes to making a gacha game, which means in turn they made one of the best gacha games out there, and are constantly giving out piles of free shit whenever they fuck up anything minor. But gachabrains are a retarded species and they'd rather get jewed out the ass over the game being occasionally buggy.

Last edited:

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
Anyone who has played DMC5: Do I play through the game as Vergil or as the others?

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Anyone who has played DMC5: Do I play through the game as Vergil or as the others?
Do the main campaign and then Vergil after. Vergil has basically no story in the game, and he just plays through the same stages as everyone else.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
What punished anime said and I would also add that if you're decent at games try using a trainer to unlock all difficulties and start from son of sparda(you can unlock the difficulty ingame early but that requires asian autism). The base difficulty of the game doesn't showcase the combat and in general is pretty easy.

chihirogumi

Has anyone else here played the Kiseki/Trails RPGs? I am almost caught up with the storyline that is released in the West (playing Cold Steel 4 now) and I find it admirable that it is not just a great RPG series with no modern gaming bullshit (it actually works on release, the very few MTX can be easily ignored, no Western sensibilities, a surprisingly good localization despite NISA doing half the games), but on top of all that it's taking on the ambitious task of telling an overarching narrative that spans 10+ games. Character arcs from the very first game are still relevant and addressed 8 games later. The world building puts the Souls games and Elder Scrolls games to shame too. This shit is like crack. I've already beaten Azure, CS1, CS2, and CS3 in the past 4 months.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
I played FC to like 80% completion in 2010 when it first came out. Then I got distracted and have been trying to get back into it for the last 13 years and failing every time. I know the games are great, but the lengths are daunting for me, nowadays. I struggle to play long games I used to have no issues with when I was younger.

Music slaps, though.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Has anyone else here played the Kiseki/Trails RPGs? I am almost caught up with the storyline that is released in the West (playing Cold Steel 4 now) and I find it admirable that it is not just a great RPG series with no modern gaming bullshit (it actually works on release, the very few MTX can be easily ignored, no Western sensibilities, a surprisingly good localization despite NISA doing half the games), but on top of all that it's taking on the ambitious task of telling an overarching narrative that spans 10+ games. Character arcs from the very first game are still relevant and addressed 8 games later. The world building puts the Souls games and Elder Scrolls games to shame too. This shit is like crack. I've already beaten Azure, CS1, CS2, and CS3 in the past 4 months.
I'll try to refrain myself from sperging out too much, but yes, I've played damn near the entire series released in the West. Just started Reverie a few days ago, but been working long hours, so I haven't dived deep into it much. It is probably my favorite video game series, with Azure probably being my favorite game of all time. It is definitely a series that requires a lot of time investment to get the most out of it. It took me almost exactly one year to get from FC to CS4 (I played the GeoFront fan translations of Zero and Azure before they were localized). And when I say almost exactly, it was legitimately almost exactly a year. I looked at when I got the achievement for finishing the prologue of FC and when I got the True End of CSIV, and discovered this:
Capture2.JPG
Capture3.JPG

The only break I took playing the series was probably two or three months after finishing 3 before I decided to put in the work to get the GeoFront fan translation working for Zero and Azure. I was super invested in the series. In fact, it took me 111 hours to finish Azure....and I did that in ten days, all while still going to work for 9-10 hours a day.

Like you said, the world building is amazing in the series. The geopolitics are very interesting to follow , especially in regards to the smaller countries/states and their relations with the two larger nations. They put in a lot of work writing the characters and giving them great development. There have been quite a few characters I didn't care for, but ended up becoming some of my favorite as the story went on. And speaking on that, the series probably has the most disturbing moment I'd ever experienced in a video game in the third one. I'm sure it's not hard to figure out which part that was. While definitely not an enjoyable scene to sit through, the way it was presented to the audience was very well-written to hit you hard. And then, when things were confronted and resolved in the next game regarding this, it was a real emotional moment.

And that's not only with the main characters, but even the NPCs hanging around the cities. Damn near every NPC has their own stories, whether they be somewhat important to the plot or not at all, but if you keep talking to them after every checkpoint, you'll begin to recognize them and remember details about them. It really makes the cities and towns feel alive, especially in the Crossbell games where you spend the entire time in the main city and a few smaller towns around it, which gives a lot of time to learn about everyone there.

And like @The Rrat said, the music in the entire series is amazing, which is pretty on point for Falcom in any of their games.

It's definitely not perfect. There are definitely plenty of problems within it, but I still enjoy the series a lot. Whenever I play the games, I get heavily invested in everything going on and find it hard to stop playing at times. I'm hoping to have more time this weekend to sit down and play through Reverie more because I've heard a decent amount of people claiming it to be the best in the series so far, which is a tall order considering I heard the same with Azure before I played it and came to agree with that.

PemAloeKenzoku

I'll second the love for the Kiseki/Legend of Heroes games. While they all have their issues and bits of scuff here and there, they are all solid and I feel obligated to 100% each of them. I've been playing the Kuro no Kiseki fanpatch and its such a good game. Highly recommend

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Breaking fucking Ligmus news.
1690427969320.png

Update and event are out.
Game breaks highest concurrent player count since release.

edit:
1690428588245.png

edit edit: I'm retarded, it didn't actually break the concurrent player record, but it got damn close.

Edit edit edit: Nevermind, I'm not retarded, I'm a fucking genius, I just had to wait a bit longer before posting. It has now broken the highest concurrent playercount since launch.

Last edited:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
The Postal dudes found some Russian BULLSHIT man

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
The Postal dudes found some Russian BULLSHIT man

Game in question is Pathfinder: Wrath (?) ( I swear it was War, but I'm probably Berensteining myself) of the Righteous. Wouldn't be surprised if it was retroactively patched into Kingmaker as well.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Game in question is Pathfinder: Wrath (?) ( I swear it was War, but I'm probably Berensteining myself) of the Righteous. Wouldn't be surprised if it was retroactively patched into Kingmaker as well.
I can never remember it's name as I want to call it Path of the Righteous because it's based off of one of Paizo's Adventure Paths (I mean the game shares the name of the module but still)

I wonder if they are gonna try to sneak some shit into Rogue Trader. Russian bastards

EDIT: There has to be something in the water as everyone is going full fucking retard

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I can never remember it's name as I want to call it Path of the Righteous because it's based off of one of Paizo's Adventure Paths (I mean the game shares the name of the module but still)

I wonder if they are gonna try to sneak some shit into Rogue Trader. Russian bastards

EDIT: There has to be something in the water as everyone is going full fucking retard

Oh yeah, that happened after people found out that they added a popup that stops you from booting the emulator if they find a game iso on your fucking computer, because piracy is bad, m'kay. So there's an entire shitstorm erupting around that shit. Byuu wasn't an isolated case in the emulator scene.

Meanwhile RPCS3 devs out there helping people make special versions of their emulator just so they can illegally play MGO2 and Killzone 2's multiplayer.

Sh4gg1

yeah...
Early Adopter

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
:SelenHAHAhere:
What a bunch of faggots.
View attachment 38002
I hate how anytime I see a "If else" statment in code, it makes me think of Yandev.
dasfsfds.png

Also I heard about that from someone, the weird stuff the 360 emulator people are doing with their program. I mean I get they want to cover their ass from getting in trouble with piracy, but emulation itself is legal and stupid they trying so hard to stop people from pirating. waste of resources.

Just seems wild how many companies and places are just going out of their way to make a program more annoyance for a user. invasive Analytical tools, kernel level anti cheat, removal of things you used to be able to do, etc.

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
Top Bottom