"WHAT'S YOUR NAME? APPLE?! PUH! GET OUT!"Tenma Maemi

Vidya Games Thread

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
NEGRO WHAT!!:panik:
I knew of MGO2 but killzone? tell me it's functional, PLEASE!:urtearingmeapart:

Been a thing for over a year now, my guy. Sorta-guide on how to do it in the description. You need a pretty monstrous CPU to get RPCS3 to run well though.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Reminder to any fans of FF14, the first day of Fanfest starts shortly here. And as such, we're most likely opening the show with a new expansion reveal and hopefully a new job or two.

Zapan1984

Reminder to any fans of FF14, the first day of Fanfest starts shortly here. And as such, we're most likely opening the show with a new expansion reveal and hopefully a new job or two.

I do wonder if Ina is attending given she is apperently one of the best players out there.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I do wonder if Ina is attending given she is apperently one of the best players out there.
Highly unlikely. The tickets were sold via a lottery this year and many people got hosed. Unless she's made allusions to travel/hot places as well (it's in Vegas which is currently set to have a high temperature of 113°F/45°C today), I don't think she'd be there.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
I feel like, if Ina or any other HoloLive member really wanted to go to Fanfest, SE would find a way to make it happen, if not set aside tickets for them. If anything, they would be the ones paying HoloLive to be FFXIV ambassadors during Fanfest, but perhaps that's something they can do for 8.0's fanfest ~2.5 years from now.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Entire new expansion trailer is a gigantic shitpost. YoshiP, I fucking kneel.

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore

this is probably the closest we've been to official Blitzball confirmation since Stormblood when they said they were trying to figure out how to do it

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I'm so ready for a low stakes expansion with just you doing Adventurer stuff. It's one of the reasons I got burned out on the WoW expansions. Non-stop increasing escalation just gets tiring after a while.

Zapan1984

i say Geomancer and Corsair and for the new ones.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I'm so ready for a low stakes expansion with just you doing Adventurer stuff. It's one of the reasons I got burned out on the WoW expansions. Non-stop increasing escalation just gets tiring after a while.
It's funny because people were vocal about it and Blizzard said, "OK, BFA is a low stakes expansion with Kul'tiras and Zandalari. Nothing colossal like literal Titans again."

What did Blizz do? Oops, it's actually about Old God shit like N'zoth. Oh, here's the followup expansion where you to the Afterlife and fight the guy we retconned into being behind literally everything in the WoW universe.

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
"No, it's not Blitzball"

It's so over, blitz-bros...

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
It's funny because people were vocal about it and Blizzard said, "OK, BFA is a low stakes expansion with Kul'tiras and Zandalari. Nothing colossal like literal Titans again."

What did Blizz do? Oops, it's actually about Old God shit like N'zoth. Oh, here's the followup expansion where you to the Afterlife and fight the guy we retconned into being behind literally everything in the WoW universe.
If I remember right, BFA was pretty well received until they wrapped up the Kul'Tiras storyline mostly because the Jaina trailer was that fucking good, and everyone loves the shit out of Daelin. Then they went off the rails and everyone soured instantly.
"No, it's not Blitzball"

It's so over, blitz-bros...
NO BURITZUBORRU

God's Strongest Dragoon

If I remember right, BFA was pretty well received until they wrapped up the Kul'Tiras storyline mostly because the Jaina trailer was that fucking good, and everyone loves the shit out of Daelin. Then they went off the rails and everyone soured instantly.

NO BURITZUBORRU
The Kul'tiras stuff was well received but that was Alliance side and the majority of the playerbase is Horde and the Horde storytelling has been really shit since WoD. The Zandalar stuff had a lukewarm reception with it being hard carried by Bwomsambi, the Loa of Death. BFA is where the Sylvanas fanfic-tier writing really kicked off with the Narrative Lead making Nathanos his self-insert and her lover. And no, I'm not joking about that last part.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Phil Spencer coming on stage to the Zodiark theme, there's something ironic about that.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
The Kul'tiras stuff was well received but that was Alliance side and the majority of the playerbase is Horde and the Horde storytelling has been really shit since WoD. The Zandalar stuff had a lukewarm reception with it being hard carried by Bwomsambi, the Loa of Death. BFA is where the Sylvanas fanfic-tier writing really kicked off with the Narrative Lead making Nathanos his self-insert and her lover. And no, I'm not joking about that last part.
The real tragedy is that BFA was the epitome of wasted opportunity with plot threads with Blizzard. They had so many stories spun up over the course of BFA that just went nowhere that would have been amazing if they'd been fleshed out - The titans genetically engineering artificial old gods, everything involving the Loa and troll mysticism, the entire storyline involving the Drust, every bit of story involving the disallusioned old guard of the Horde that was done OUTSIDE OF THE GAME! And this isn't even including two of the best plot elements in the game, Queen Azshara and the N'Zoth the old god, both being resolved in one respective patch for each of them. That was really what clued me in to the fact Blizz had no gas left in the tank. Both of those could be fleshed out into their own individual expansion fully. And yet it ended up like a wet fart.

God's Strongest Dragoon

The real tragedy is that BFA was the epitome of wasted opportunity with plot threads with Blizzard. They had so many stories spun up over the course of BFA that just went nowhere that would have been amazing if they'd been fleshed out - The titans genetically engineering artificial old gods, everything involving the Loa and troll mysticism, the entire storyline involving the Drust, every bit of story involving the disallusioned old guard of the Horde that was done OUTSIDE OF THE GAME! And this isn't even including two of the best plot elements in the game, Queen Azshara and the N'Zoth the old god, both being resolved in one respective patch for each of them. That was really what clued me in to the fact Blizz had no gas left in the tank. Both of those could be fleshed out into their own individual expansion fully. And yet it ended up like a wet fart.
The wasting of Azshara and N'zoth really pissed me off but those are small aggressions compared to the full on lore molesting they did in Shadowlands, they retconned everything and made it all worse. Metzen should have been allowed to murder every writer involved with a Frostmourne replica.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
1690571361265.png
So uh, which professional crack smoker did they get to come up with these? Because these are fucking insane for what the graphical upgrade they've shown off looks like.

Reminder that the FF7 remakes are like 1060 3gb or 1080 recommended, and those look about infinity better.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
View attachment 38123
So uh, which professional crack smoker did they get to come up with these? Because these are fucking insane for what the graphical upgrade they've shown off looks like.

Reminder that the FF7 remakes are like 1060 3gb or 1080 recommended, and those look about infinity better.
I've got a feeling it's the amount of foliage and shadow/lighting improvements they're doing. Throw any of that into a large space that MMOs will have your character in, and that stuff will eat your rig alive.

Edit: Trailer posted

Kalion

:)
I'm so glad that after saving the multiverse/time stream/whatever the fuck everything, we're back to just going treasure hunting.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Game in question is Pathfinder: Wrath (?) ( I swear it was War, but I'm probably Berensteining myself) of the Righteous. Wouldn't be surprised if it was retroactively patched into Kingmaker as well.

So that's what all that whining was in the update notice for Wrath. I didn't know what was going on and didn't look that hard, but very cool move Owlcat. Good reminder to just pirate everything they make from now on, right after I was considering buying their season pass 2 after enjoying the game as much as I have been.

Never trust game devs nowadays.

View attachment 38123

Speaking of, Japanese devs and understanding how to use PC hardware. Forever at odds.

I'm so glad that after saving the multiverse/time stream/whatever the fuck everything, we're back to just going treasure hunting.

I'm sure the gold city is really going to be an eldritch abomination that threatens the entire world yet again. It's going to end up being Jenova and the 7.x post-launch story is going to culminate in Sephiroth. It's the one FF they've made intense pains to avoid referencing, and if there's one expansion to make the FF7 expansion, it's the 7.x line.

i say Geomancer and Corsair and for the new ones.

But the TMNT shirt?

Top Bottom