"You sounded very excited to steal someone's panties Uruka"Chisaka Airi

Vidya Games Thread

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Bro, I had a fight in JA3 where I used wolf to shotgun blast a dude in the face, but I didn't know you could commit war crimes and kill civilians behind the guy!
View attachment 36897
10/10 for giving 1980s Merc in the Congos experience!

Had a conflict in one of the southern town maps where I had Meltdown posted with a machine gun on overwatch to catch some goons I knew were in the area that would come towards the fight I was starting, and her hosing at the legion fuck that came running out caused more collateral damage to the stallkeepers in the market behind him than the guy I was trying to kill.

Shotguns and automatics are real rough for the damage they can do to the surroundings, and high power weapons can also overpenetrate people and hit things behind them. There's even an achievement if you kill an enemy with a shot that passes through a friendly merc first.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
1689957484074.png

Free games on Epic for this and next week, actually pretty good value between these.

God's Strongest Dragoon

DLC Fighter pack announced for Mortal Kombat 1, the leaks were true

Quan Chi, Ermac, Takeda Takahashi, Peacemaker, Omni-Man, and Homelander.

So there's 3 of my most played characters in MKX right out the gate, I'm definitely not getting this now since those are relegated to DLC. Also, massive KEKW to showing off the full first wave of DLC fighters before they've revealed the full roster of the base game.

Now what they did reveal for the base game's roster was Li Mei, Tanya, and Baraka. By the way, they super niga-fied Tanya

Last edited:

Stunned But Dumb

I don't care about the guests, but I wish they didn't go so absolutely hard on zombie Ermac. They actually peaked his design in MK9 and then proceeded to make the worst design he's ever had in MKX and now they're doubling down. He's utter garbage. Quan Chi looks ok and Takeda is a little weird, I dunno. More than Tanya, I question the inclusion of Li Mei??? And Darius?!!?

Of all the PS2 era MK characters these have to be two of the most bland ones they could've thought to reimagine. At least Darius is just a Kameo I guess, but Li Mei is brought back just to have a design so bori... Oh whoops, sorry I fell asleep thinking about how she looks in this game, my bad.

It's an issue I have with MK1 so far: MK11 realized the dull and realistic designs of MKX weren't great and went for a much more stylistic and colorful approach. This game dials it back hard and something horrible. I've heard cope about it being story outfits vs primary outfits and even if thats true, showcasing your characters worse look in trailers is an awful idea.

On the positive side, While I don't like the idea of the Tarkatans being a disease, I imagine it can give some depth to Baraka. MK11 was a step in the right direction for fleshing out one of the more nothing characters in the series. I like whats happening with Tanya's moveset from what I saw. It's visually more interesting than the usual. Yep...

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
DLC Fighter pack announced for Mortal Kombat 1, the leaks were true

So there's 3 of my most played characters in MKX right out the gate, I'm definitely not getting this now since those are relegated to DLC. Also, massive KEKW to showing off the full first wave of DLC fighters before they've revealed the full roster of the base game.

Now what they did reveal for the base game's roster was Li Mei, Tanya, and Baraka. By the way, they super niga-fied Tanya
View attachment 37001View attachment 37002

Ed Boon traumatizing 457 underpaid artists and 3d modellers with thousands of hours of gore to make the worst character redesigns you've seen in your life.

UberSoldat

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Omni-Man, and Homelander.

Oh boy, boring invincible fa‎ggot supers. I might actually get the game and this shit solely for the catharsis of endlessly mutilating them with fatalities to cope with how much I hate them as characters.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
In case you needed more reasons to never buy Ubisoft games again:

They will delete your account for inactivity.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Seeing this in my subscription feed while scrolling for random VODs/streams to watch was surprising.

Tf2 thriving? Kind of?

Lurker McSpic

We need to increase the hag population
I just find it so impressive how fucking hard they tanked the MK IP that after a pretty decent reboot with 9, they reboot it again to repeat the story of the last game. I've been getting recommended the endings of the ps2 era games and the story isn't incredible but at least the lore was interesting. The vermintide they have in charge of the world building are so talentless they can't invent a new villain to save their lives.

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter

Stumbled across this when I was checking what Dragon Ball games were on Steam. Literally the first time I've heard about it. Hell, it's the first time I've heard anything about Sand Land since I read it back in, like, middle school.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Tf2 thriving? Kind of?
Managed to reach highest peak of concurrent players for the game due to the summer update. The update itself isnt exactly eye-opening (14 new maps, official variant of the popular "Versus Saxton Hale" ge mode, new cosmetics, a cute seal) but its an update that the diehard fans has been WAITING for iunno, a year or so.

I actually planning to get back to it, just to see what the fuzzes is all about.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I just find it so impressive how fucking hard they tanked the MK IP that after a pretty decent reboot with 9, they reboot it again to repeat the story of the last game. I've been getting recommended the endings of the ps2 era games and the story isn't incredible but at least the lore was interesting. The vermintide they have in charge of the world building are so talentless they can't invent a new villain to save their lives.
It's amazing how the original timeline lasted from 1 to Armageddon before they had to reboot it, because they knew it wasn't super serious, and you could fuck around with magic bullshit and brothers of brothers of brothers to bring back fan favorites who died.

And then they decided to reboot, and had written themselves into a corner by act 3 of MK9, because everyone was fucking dead except JC, Sonya, Raiden, Scorp and Sub Zero. Then 10 killed off every villain in the franchise and introduced nothing of value. Then 11 hits the emergency eject button and brings in time travel, tries to pass off the revenants as a real threat, even though they're all jobbers, and introduces a brand new uber elder god, just to have her killed instantly with Liu Kang becoming turbo Jesus.

It takes a special talent to be unable to run the Mortal Kombat universe/lore for three games straight without having to resort to time travel or rebooting.

Ensok

Early Adopter
Well after (sadly) picking League up again and going through placements I can safely say nothing has changed. It's all still jungle diff.

It's amazing how the original timeline lasted from 1 to Armageddon before they had to reboot it, because they knew it wasn't super serious, and you could fuck around with magic bullshit and brothers of brothers of brothers to bring back fan favorites who died.

And then they decided to reboot, and had written themselves into a corner by act 3 of MK9, because everyone was fucking dead except JC, Sonya, Raiden, Scorp and Sub Zero. Then 10 killed off every villain in the franchise and introduced nothing of value. Then 11 hits the emergency eject button and brings in time travel, tries to pass off the revenants as a real threat, even though they're all jobbers, and introduces a brand new uber elder god, just to have her killed instantly with Liu Kang becoming turbo Jesus.

It takes a special talent to be unable to run the Mortal Kombat universe/lore for three games straight without having to resort to time travel or rebooting.
It was pretty hilarious. By Armageddon things had become kind of a clusterfuck and nothing really mattered because nobody stayed dead so they wanted a fresh change. But then they fucked it so bad with 11 by introducing that time travel, alternate timelines, bringing everyone back who had died so nothing mattered again, and made things even worse and stupider than they ever were before. While also completely ruining Shinnok's character and fucking the lore completely.

I didn't like the direction 9 and X went in and most of the characters but I could at least appreciate what they were doing and how they were trying to create something new. 11 just fucked everything. 11 invalidated everything they mentioned for why they rebooted the franchise in the first place. Also fuck Erron Black, tryhard character forced into our faces, trying to make us like him just by having him kill off people like Hsu Hao and Kobra.

Just bring Onaga back. Bring him back and have him kill everyone, no one could possibly care about the story or lore anymore. Also nothing in 9, X, or 11 comes close to being as awesome as the Deception opening cutscene.

You know who should also come back though? Taven. Taven was awesome. A completely no fucks given demigod who has no idea what the fuck is going on and just wants to complete his mission while a bunch of weirdos keep challenging him to fights for some reason.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Managed to reach highest peak of concurrent players for the game due to the summer update. The update itself isnt exactly eye-opening (14 new maps, official variant of the popular "Versus Saxton Hale" ge mode, new cosmetics, a cute seal) but its an update that the diehard fans has been WAITING for iunno, a year or so.

I actually planning to get back to it, just to see what the fuzzes is all about.
Yeah STAR kind of goes over this in his video. The update wasn't the entire selling point just a push because every other shooter is "SKILL BASED MATCHMAKING, YOU TOO CAN BECOME ESPORTS!". There's not a lot of shooters that you can casually play a game of that doesn't use some form of skill based matchmaking. I share the sentiment of just wanting to play a game where it's 24v24 where j.gonzalez2004, Memename69420, Harukaismywaifu25, and John Bigdick can all be in the same game.
Outside of PC FPS games there's also the fact there's nothing good coming out this year, really. Unless you like remakes/remasters. But even then that's just the same game from like a decade ago.
I do genuinely hope this tf2 update gets us something more significant in the fall. They're apparently putting the community fixes in a separate patch for later, and some balance changes (that we haven't had since Jungle Inferno) would be nice, too. Just don't nerf Sniper.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
I can't believe that I am actually considering reinstalling Team Fortress 2 after 10 years because of internet peer pressure. Now if only we could get a Left 4 Dead 2 expansion.............

One of the things that I think needs to be considered regarding Mortal Kombat is that the original creator has long been gone. And the reboot series came after the fall of Midway, so with the programmer (who early on never really cared about the lore and concept) shepherding the series under a mega corpo, like its almost a miracle that 9 turned out as well as did. But then they decided to retell Mortal Kombat 4 with kids and couldn't have anyone dead. So far the only truly successful lineup reboot has been Tekken, but that happened before its explosion of popularity. Street Fighter 3 was damn cool, but its obvious that people preferred the old cast. Soul Caliber no one talks about its rebooted cast. Plus when you come to MK the fucking gameplay is a massive shift from the last. Like i can play Virtual Fighter 3 and then go to 5 and feel comfortable. Dead or Alive I can do the same. Mortal Kombat you have to relearn everything. I know this was an issue starting with 3, but it is something they never addressed.

I also want to take this opporitunity to complain about Tarkov as I've tried to play it the last few months, and there are two things big things that make me hate the game. (and I've been playing it the last couple of days so I can't stomach watching Sleepy's return because the game pisses me off).

I know the game is in Beta. Since 2017 but goddamn does the interface and stability suck. My dude is healing so I go to play as Scav. Its going OK, then I get fucking disconnected. The fucking game refuses to reconnect so I take a whatever, disconnect hit. But now I am locked out of playing Scav for half a hour. Fucking lame.

The loading times fucking suck. So I can't quickly jump back into the game as a PMC. And thirdly, I know its part of the difficulty but if you are not teamed up with someone, you really really have to hope to run into player controlled scavs as its hard to tell who is hostile until you are fucking shot. Its like you see a player scav run and loot, its like ok I can ignore that guy. But then oh shit I'm getting shot by an AI motherfucker from 400 yards away that I can't see. Now that wouldn't necessarily bother me as much as its part of the difficulty if it wasn't for the fucking stability and load time issue.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Yeah STAR kind of goes over this in his video. The update wasn't the entire selling point just a push because every other shooter is "SKILL BASED MATCHMAKING, YOU TOO CAN BECOME ESPORTS!". There's not a lot of shooters that you can casually play a game of that doesn't use some form of skill based matchmaking. I share the sentiment of just wanting to play a game where it's 24v24 where j.gonzalez2004, Memename69420, Harukaismywaifu25, and John Bigdick can all be in the same game.
SBMM is genuinely killing my interest in playing any kind of PVP videogame recently, reverted back to mostly MMOs and gacha games like a soulless automaton. Yeah, it has its places, in fucking ranked modes, and 1v1 games, like fightan or RTS. It has no god damn place in any kind of casual playlists, or BR games with 100 players.

It is incredibly frustrating to be stuck in the bracket of players where you're around the top 10%-20% without being an autismal tryhard. It stops being a game, and just becomes a repetitive pattern noticing exercise. Oh, had a good match? Welp, time to get dicksmashed by XinBingBingQing and his aimbot and full tryhard loadout, at 850 ping. Gotten your dick flattened 4 times in a row? Time to get a match against a bunch of people with no arms who keep walking into walls so you don't quit the game. OK, had your fun, back to the Chinese dick press, LiveLeak logo included.

And then you have people defend this, and any time you have any kind of argument against SBMM, it's just the NPC response of "Wow, you just want to stomp noobs". Sure, I want to feel like I'm better than most people, if my global stats indicate that I should be. I also want to have somewhere below 100 ping, instead of the entire scoreboard being full of PingPings. What, should I move to fucking China, so people like you can keep playing your two matches a week in peace? Just kinda representative overall of modern videogames, where you punish people for actually playing your game in an attempt to get more people in your game who won't play it, no matter how many handouts you give them.

I also want to take this opporitunity to complain about Tarkov as I've tried to play it the last few months, and there are two things big things that make me hate the game. (and I've been playing it the last couple of days so I can't stomach watching Sleepy's return because the game pisses me off).
Tarkov's actually been in development for over 9 years at this point. I bought it back when they promised a singleplayer campaign and a bunch of other shit that doesn't exist, and will never exist.

I wholeheartedly recommend playing SPT, and modding the shit out of it to make an actually fun videogame, because the actual Tarkov devs are clearly incompetent as fuck, and also unbelievably retarded when it comes to anything game design.

ogey_rrat

ogey
Outside of PC FPS games there's also the fact there's nothing good coming out this year, really. Unless you like remakes/remasters. But even then that's just the same game from like a decade ago.
Sadly TF2's matchmaking update killed a lot of community servers. Think it's already been half a decade since that was launched and a lot of the servers I used to frequent back in the day had already died off or were in their death throes. TF2's matchmaking isn't that bad, but it's not the same experience imo; I don't know if this (temporary?) resurgence will populate community servers again though.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
I don't think it was discussed here yet, but a week ago there was a trailer for new Holocure update coming August 17th.

Hololive must be providing funding to the developers, for it's insane the content that's in it already. Also that relaxing farming part of the update seem like it'll be something comfy for those that want something more relaxing. Wonder if the farming/life-sim mode will go hand in hand with the action game. like you farm for buffs and minions or something to help you on your playthroughs of the main game.

Also a really comfy game to play on deck too!

The Holiest Hole

Needs to stop using imgur links
I wonder because Kay Yu said that the moment he gets money this won't be his hobby anymore and that it would stop him from making the game. If he was lying for the goodboy pats it would be a retarded thing to lie about since people were offering to give him money in the first place. Or maybe he was talking about donations only and not corporate funding.

Top Bottom