"I got the Snyder Cut for the 'Sound of Music'"Noir Vesper

Vidya Games Thread

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I will say that the rumors for the switch 2 is at least ps4/xbone levels of power, so they could get some good games out of that.
Or at least they can so long as they stop letting gamefreak slack off on the job for pokemon. But at least the Zelda on that system will be good.
No, no, no. Keep the switch 2 an underpowered piece of shit, so I can easily emulate all the games on my shitbox computer. :^)

Uncle Marv

Are they real or they only pretend?
Kind of a random sperging, but why the hell do the vast majority of games put the primary interaction input or reload on the face buttons? It should almost always be on the right bumper, this way you hardly ever have to take your thumb off the analog stick.
Run is also vastly superior on the left bumper so you can easily hold to run.
The only reason games have toggle to run(lol, what even) is that holding the left analog stick down is awkward as fuck.

Just needed to get that off my chest.

Also, when I moved from console to PC, games looked 'off' to me despite having a rig that could play most games at max settings. I couldn't put my finger on it for the longest time, I followed every guide and recommendations, had appropriate setting for my set up etc. It looked too crisp, like I could see where the textures met and stitched together. I was very happy with the higher framerates, but games looked somehow worse.

Turns out, everyone everywhere recommended 16x anisotropic filtering without exception in game or driver forced. And it just looked more natural at 4x or 8x AF depending on the game, like the textures blended together better and didn't have noticeable sharp edges where they met. Games appeared a lot more seamless, + a bit of blurriness sort of adds to the atmosphere and depth of field.

Probably all just personal preferences, but there's some things to think about.

Last edited:

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
Interesting if true

Also I've been testing my rig with some modern games. So far so good. If only the fucking games were. I also installed the Epic Launcher for the first time and it is amazing, first launch I get a crash, second I get black screen, third I get the games to load but they won't download. Then I get disconnected. Its like they took the worst of Uplay, Origin and Steam but its fine because they have weekly free games.

One (1) nígger samurai who was basically Nobunaga's pet retard and they are gonna make a game based on him.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
@Todd's Mistake I got Jagged Alliance 3 last night.

I'm having fun with it so far, but being my first Jagged game I kind of went with easy mode to get an understanding with it. Really glad I did to grasp the mechanics first before I do a higher difficulty when money management becomes even more important.

I like the merc dynamic stuff so far, even though jokes can sometimes be cheesy. But the game is a nod to old action films so I can handle it. Really like Fox & Wolf in squad and how they talk to each about stuff.

The big thing I'm excited for is mod support in later update. Can't wait to see the characters, weapons, and maps people put into the game to play. Also sounds like the creators are giving the exact tools they uses to modders for such things they made in it. Hopefully it does allow freedom with it.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
So, the third beta for Girls Frontline 2 starts tomorrow in China, and of course, people are datamining the fuck out of the pre-load for juicy deets, and uh

1689802412082.png

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
So, the third beta for Girls Frontline 2 starts tomorrow in China, and of course, people are datamining the fuck out of the pre-load for juicy deets, and uh

View attachment 36652
Apparently it's related to one of the GFL2's character/antagonist/something else who'se named as "Sextant". But even the dataminers doesn't have any sort of clue apart of how it's related to the Paradeus faction (or maybe the supposed "Paradeus cultists" that would be appearing in the game)

More than enough to make the miners going "lmao they say sex in the filename" over it.

EDIT: also have you seen the animations they found? good stuff

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Apparently it's related to one of the GFL2's character/antagonist/something else who'se named as "Sextant". But even the dataminers doesn't have any sort of clue apart of how it's related to the Paradeus faction (or maybe the supposed "Paradeus cultists" that would be appearing in the game)

More than enough to make the miners going "lmao they say sex in the filename" over it.

EDIT: also have you seen the animations they found? good stuff
I mean, Sextant and I don't remember what Punished Helian, a Hag Deniend Marriage was called, are pretty clearly some variant of Nyto, so it makes sense that they're Paradeus.

And yeah, I've seen the animations and everything. It's actually batshit insane just how good the game looks considering it's another Yuzhong passion project put together on a budget of bat soup and autism. I now fully understand why the CN audience chants his name whenever he comes out on stage during an event.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
@Todd's Mistake I got Jagged Alliance 3 last night.

I'm having fun with it so far, but being my first Jagged game I kind of went with easy mode to get an understanding with it. Really glad I did to grasp the mechanics first before I do a higher difficulty when money management becomes even more important.

I like the merc dynamic stuff so far, even though jokes can sometimes be cheesy. But the game is a nod to old action films so I can handle it. Really like Fox & Wolf in squad and how they talk to each about stuff.

The big thing I'm excited for is mod support in later update. Can't wait to see the characters, weapons, and maps people put into the game to play. Also sounds like the creators are giving the exact tools they uses to modders for such things they made in it. Hopefully it does allow freedom with it.

Yeah, Jagged Alliance is all about the campy quality of the characters being overblown stereotypes to a nearly offensive degree in some ways. It's definitely toned down in Jagged Alliance 3 in comparison, most notably with Steroid losing his distinctive terrible Ahnold-esque parody voice. Inter-merc banter and chatter is another major part of it that I'm still experiencing and found that Red and Livewire have some pretty fun dialogue quips even though Livewire is new to this game. I'm not sure if 3 approaches it the same, but in 2 every character had some other mercs they like, some they can learn to like but start neutral, and others they dislike. It can affect who you can hire, how they get along in the field, squad composition and morale. People paired or grouped with someone they dislike will refuse to renew their contracts and generally do poorly, but it can also lead to some amusing dialogues. Not surprised Fox and Wolf still mesh well, they're a classic pair with the implication they're fucking off duty.

I've been meaning to kind of take a look and really note the bios of the characters in AIM because I have seen a few mentions of Arulco, which is the setting for 2, and kind of establish an idea of what the canon team was that dealt with the events of that game and see if I can derive lore from it, because I'd like to go back and do a canon run of JA2 vanilla for personal amusement.

I'm definitely going to look forward to what kind of mods come out for JA3, the devs have said that it's basically the tools they've used to make the game. I don't know if it's going to have all the features at once or if the world and quest tools are going to be coming later, but they've definitely said that they look forward to seeing if fans remake JA1 and 2 with 3's tools. Already there's a mod to re-add the mercs missing in 3 from 2, even though they're more or less just portrait rips and don't use the voices (which kind of defeats the entire purpose honestly), but maybe one day we can have them back fully voiced again.

God's Strongest Dragoon

As I mentioned in a previous post, Gabe supposedly secured a deal with Microsoft regarding ATVI games during the shitshow FTC trial. Now marks the first change to Blizzard as a result of the Microsoft acquisition. Starting August 10th, Blizzard games will be coming to Steam, starting with Overwatch 2. The Steam page for it is already up. No clue on whether it will force using the Battle.net launcher but I'm betting it will.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
As I mentioned in a previous post, Gabe supposedly secured a deal with Microsoft regarding ATVI games during the shitshow FTC trial. Now marks the first change to Blizzard as a result of the Microsoft acquisition. Starting August 10th, Blizzard games will be coming to Steam, starting with Overwatch 2. The Steam page for it is already up. No clue on whether it will force using the Battle.net launcher but I'm betting it will.

You will never see any of the other multiplayer Blizz games on Steam, because that'd require them to rework their retarded, 2006-tier region select. Your fucking account does not carry over between US and EU for any game that isn't Overwatch 2, in the year of our lord, God, 2023.

God's Strongest Dragoon

You will never see any of the other multiplayer Blizz games on Steam, because that'd require them to rework their retarded, 2006-tier region select. Your fucking account does not carry over between US and EU for any game that isn't Overwatch 2, in the year of our lord, God, 2023.
Just looked into more detail regarding the Steam launch. The games on Steam will still require a Battle.net account but will not need the launcher app. So we'll likely see more games on Steam as they'll just force everyone to get a region-locked Battle.net account.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
they'll just force everyone to get a region-locked Battle.net account
Fuck me for being Mister Worldwide and having Euro and US friends, I guess.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Lmao what the fuck. Gundam Evolution is shutting down, already. Way to fuck that up, Bandai, you retards.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter

thhrang

Punished Autism Extraordinaire
Early Adopter
Ward Security
♥Realticule's Husbando♥
lol, lmao

e: oh fuck me, I saw this article linked somewhere and I was under the impression it was recent. I just realized it's from March. Oops. In my defense, the text displaying the date published is really fucking small. I guess it's just being passed around a lot more now after the Overwatch 2 Steam announcement.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Why are people going so fucking crazy over pikmin now? Jesus fucking christ I can't go into any of my social media without getting spammed with this shit. "OH OH A NEW GAME IS COMING OUT!!!" ...so fucking what? Who cares? It's just some B-list nintendo IP which releases a game every 10 years or so, heck I got spammed less for elden ring and BOTW 2 than this shit.
REEEEEEEEEEE GET OFF MY RECOMMENDED YOU FREAKY SPACE GREMLINS

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Why are people going so fucking crazy over pikmin now? Jesus fucking christ I can't go into any of my social media without getting spammed with this shit. "OH OH A NEW GAME IS COMING OUT!!!" ...so fucking what? Who cares? It's just some B-list nintendo IP which releases a game every 10 years or so, heck I got spammed less for elden ring and BOTW 2 than this shit.
1689916460820.png

Pikmin is a fun game in a genre (Action-RTS) that's slowly dying out. It's basically just babby diablo. I'm glad it's getting attention because It's a franchise that actually (IMO) deserves to get new entries still unlike dead franchises like F-Zero
I'm not a fan of the marketable dog character in 4 and the actual spoiler that I've seen so far too that I dislike
I fucking hate Miyamoto basically rebooting/retconning the last THREE GAMES.

Can't really say much about Pikmin, other than that the first one was fun as a kid. I get told to play either 3/2 and skip the other. Can't recall which one to try and the other to skip.
as a Pikmin autist, Just play 2 and 3. 2's gimmick mostly revolves around solving puzzles with the addition of pseudo-random generated dungeon crawling (and getting absolutely FUCKED by the game with bullshit with what that'd entail towards the end). 3 revolves around micro-management of various tasks to solve a variety of puzzles within a soft-limit of time like Pikmin 1 (very soft though, like, you have to be actually severely mentally challenged to fuck up real bad).

Last edited:

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
Yeah, Jagged Alliance is all about the campy quality of the characters being overblown stereotypes to a nearly offensive degree in some ways. It's definitely toned down in Jagged Alliance 3 in comparison, most notably with Steroid losing his distinctive terrible Ahnold-esque parody voice. Inter-merc banter and chatter is another major part of it that I'm still experiencing and found that Red and Livewire have some pretty fun dialogue quips even though Livewire is new to this game. I'm not sure if 3 approaches it the same, but in 2 every character had some other mercs they like, some they can learn to like but start neutral, and others they dislike. It can affect who you can hire, how they get along in the field, squad composition and morale. People paired or grouped with someone they dislike will refuse to renew their contracts and generally do poorly, but it can also lead to some amusing dialogues. Not surprised Fox and Wolf still mesh well, they're a classic pair with the implication they're fucking off duty.

I've been meaning to kind of take a look and really note the bios of the characters in AIM because I have seen a few mentions of Arulco, which is the setting for 2, and kind of establish an idea of what the canon team was that dealt with the events of that game and see if I can derive lore from it, because I'd like to go back and do a canon run of JA2 vanilla for personal amusement.

I'm definitely going to look forward to what kind of mods come out for JA3, the devs have said that it's basically the tools they've used to make the game. I don't know if it's going to have all the features at once or if the world and quest tools are going to be coming later, but they've definitely said that they look forward to seeing if fans remake JA1 and 2 with 3's tools. Already there's a mod to re-add the mercs missing in 3 from 2, even though they're more or less just portrait rips and don't use the voices (which kind of defeats the entire purpose honestly), but maybe one day we can have them back fully voiced again.
Bro, I had a fight in JA3 where I used wolf to shotgun blast a dude in the face, but I didn't know you could commit war crimes and kill civilians behind the guy!
asdasdas.png
10/10 for giving 1980s Merc in the Congos experience!

View attachment 36895
Pikmin is a fun game in a genre (Action-RTS) that's slowly dying out. It's basically just babby diablo. I'm glad it's getting attention because It's a franchise that actually (IMO) deserves to get new entries still unlike dead franchises like F-Zero
I'm not a fan of the marketable dog character in 4 and the actual spoiler that I've seen so far too that I dislike
I fucking hate Miyamoto basically rebooting/retconning the last THREE GAMES.
Can't really say much about Pikmin, other than that the first one was fun as a kid. I get told to play either 3/2 and skip the other. Can't recall which one to try and the other to skip.

God's Strongest Dragoon

>1st and 2nd games come out in 2001 and 2004 for the Gamecube
>3rd game comes out in 2013 for Wii U
>The franchise has established itself as an easy, fun game in the childhood of Millennials and Zoomers
>4th game comes out after a literal decade of hype for it
It's not too surprising. At least Zelda and Elden Ring got releases much earlier than it
The general advice I see people give is to avoid the first game. I enjoyed the game when I first played it as a kid but going back to play it showed me why it's so hated. The main reason why it's a bitch is because all the games have a set timer until night starts and you have to leave the level. However in the first game, you had 30 days (30mins each) to collect all 30 ship parts, so you're constantly trying to worry about keeping up with that schedule. While 30 parts is only necessary for the "best ending", you still need to get 25 parts for the "normal ending" or you've basically failed. Every game after the first got rid of the limited day count.

Last edited:
Top Bottom