Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Pirates vs Ninjas

OR

Turtle = Tortuga = Tortuga Island = Piracy = Corsair
Yea, but it's Melee DPS and a Caster DPS. And the Corsair class for Final Fantasy has traditionally been a gun user. Think they'd make it saber/melee since they already gave guns to Machinist?

Unless of course they went the Pirate from Bravely Default route and made it one handed axes.

A reminder for people unfamiliar:
While I will not be attending Fan Fest (did not win tickets), learned about how Yoshi-P teases new jobs with a t-shirt reference. I have not been able to find a definitive list of all the t-shirt references he’s made, anyone help out? Excited to try and theory craft my own ridiculously incorrect guesses based on what he wears coming up.

What I have found so far:- Batman t-shirt for Dark Knight- Spiderman t-shirt for Samurai- Scarlet Witch t-shirt for Red Mage- Grim Reaper/Death comic t-shirt for Reaper- 007 t-shirt for Machinist- Bugs Bunny t-shirt for Viera

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter
Pirates vs Ninjas

OR

Turtle = Tortuga = Tortuga Island = Piracy = Corsair

If it's that straight forward I'll be disappointed. Corsair does already make sense because nautical theme, but that's just one of the two jobs and they're both DPS, so hmm.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
Yea, but it's Melee DPS and a Caster DPS. And the Corsair class for Final Fantasy has traditionally been a gun user. Think they'd make it saber/melee since they already gave guns to Machinist?
I'm guessing sabre and pistol, because John Trailerman is dressed like the main character from AssCreed 4 under the white robe, and was holding a single sword. So probably gonna have close range pistol blasts or something as part of their animations. Other class is ranged caster, but people are guessing some kind of spellsword.

edit:
1690577157861.png
Yeah, this is 100% Corsair.

Last edited:

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Oh shit, it could also be the caster class! The fucking turtles are named after famous painters. Pictomancer maybe?

That Chuuba Enjoyer

DM me if you have a Ed, Edd n Eddy clip
Early Adopter
Exploring pirating stuff sounds interesting to me, but I feel like I'm so behind on content and stuff the game would have now if I picked it up again. I played for years when realm reborn first came and and a little of heavenward. Kind of stopped playing since that time. Where would I begin if I did come back to eight years worth of content before the new expansion comes out next year?

I love MMOs, but sometimes I feel lost where to start or go when you come back to one years later. A decade almost at that lol

I'm sure the story has gotten crazier too since heavenward.

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
Exploring pirating stuff sounds interesting to me, but I feel like I'm so behind on content and stuff the game would have now if I picked it up again. I played for years when realm reborn first came and and a little of heavenward. Kind of stopped playing since that time. Where would I begin if I did come back to eight years worth of content before the new expansion comes out next year?

I love MMOs, but sometimes I feel lost where to start or go when you come back to one years later. A decade almost at that lol

Top-left corner of the screen is a button that directs you through every main/important quest in the game to push you through each expansion all the way into the current endgame. Quest markers with a + sign often unlock content, or are otherwise important to complete relative to standard side-quests. After that, you can pretty much do whatever you want within reason. There's more content in the game than any one person can reasonably complete within their lifetime unless they're a NEET with no other prospects in life, and you know what, that's fine. Do the things you enjoy, don't do the things you don't enjoy, simple as.

That being said, no matter what aspect of the game you want to focus on, there are videos and guides already written over the years to help you through the way. My suggestion? Join an FC with a Discord and activity requirement, make some friends there, the content will be determined by the activity of the FC; FFXIV is very much a social game, an honest-to-goodness metaverse before the metaverse, the more people you play with, the more connections you make, the better of a time you'll have. Even the dead parts of the game from previous expansions have people going through them, or setting up groups to go through them, because it's fun - and often for rare/chase item drops or veteran bonuses that incentivize running old content.

Avoid the Balmung server unless you want to be assaulted by ERPers lurking in every shadow, however.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
I'd also say unless you have something that super has you committed to your OG account, consider making a new one. As long as you don't pay/activate the account, you'll be fully free (with some restrictions) through all of the Heavensward content as well as the Stormblood content soon. You'd have to replay everything until that point, but they trimmed up the quests, added a bunch of quality of life stuff to make Realm Reborn easier to deal with, and have also redone all of the dungeons too. It'd refresh you on the story at least, and then you'd also have literally hundreds of hours worth of content for free.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
I'd also say unless you have something that super has you committed to your OG account, consider making a new one. As long as you don't pay/activate the account, you'll be fully free (with some restrictions) through all of the Heavensward content as well as the Stormblood content soon. You'd have to replay everything until that point, but they trimmed up the quests, added a bunch of quality of life stuff to make Realm Reborn easier to deal with, and have also redone all of the dungeons too. It'd refresh you on the story at least, and then you'd also have literally hundreds of hours worth of content for free.
I saw that. That like the free trial is really good now and let you do a lot of content for free. I was also thinking about dropping my old account too and using a new one as well, I still have sunk fallacy feeling towards it but I haven't touched it in years so it is what it is. Also, doubt there's anything of value on the account, except some veteran items and holiday/event exclusive items.

I'll take the free trial in consideration, especially with it giving an expansion for free and another one soon for free. Also, since there's no harm in it or need to put money in it to try again.

Avoid the Balmung server unless you want to be assaulted by ERPers lurking in every shadow, however.
Funny you say that, cause I remember hearing things about how wild it is on there. I think some popular ERpers did a billboard too or something irl but could be wrong. Think I saw them advertising again at the convention today too.

Like you said the game can be seen as a social game. Definitely see many different walks of life on there. I was in a semi casual FC years ago that had Chiggas who used excel docs to min/max stuff and people that came on to do dress up, chatting, and customize our home. was an interesting dynamic, but people seemed to have a good time in the FC while I was there.

Todd's Strongest Howard

Do not trust the sticker farmer.
Early Adopter

God's Strongest Dragoon

httn

Hag enthusiast
But have you guys killed God and gone to the afterlive and killed the Devil yet?
We killed 2 gods as a warmup before facing the true evil of the universe. Emo girls.

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
We killed 2 gods as a warmup before facing the true evil of the universe. Emo girls.
Don't forget the ending of MGS4, just because you felt like it, at the edge of creation, with you best frenemy.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
And the music slapped the entire time.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
The Postal dudes found some Russian BULLSHIT man

I've seen some speculation that Owlcat might get into some trouble for this one in Europe, you really can't be uploading new data scraping without people's knowledge or consent after the fact with GDPR regulations. Doubt it will go anywhere even if there is a claim though.
The titans genetically engineering artificial old gods, everything involving the Loa and troll mysticism, the entire storyline involving the Drust, every bit of story involving the disallusioned old guard of the Horde that was done OUTSIDE OF THE GAME!
That's just Blizzard all over. Even from the early days of WoW, if you were a lore fan - and there were good reasons to be then - then the worst place to get it was the game itself. ALL the good shit, the plot points and intrigue and characterisation, all happens in the books for some reason. It's absolutely inane. Any narrative that relies on you going outside the primary source to understand or even realise there's a narrative going on in the first place is a terrible one by default, but Blizzard just refuses to learn that lesson for some reason.
I've got a feeling it's the amount of foliage and shadow/lighting improvements they're doing. Throw any of that into a large space that MMOs will have your character in, and that stuff will eat your rig alive.

Edit: Trailer posted

WoL looking like Orlando Bloom. Actually, I wonder if they're going to come up with a new nickname to call your character in voiced dialogue. I always found it vaguely cringe and too on the nose to be referred to as "the Warrior of Light" and now that whole story is wrapped up and we're getting a fresh start it's a good time for it. Can't see the New Worlders picking it up at least.

Also, I see the thirst for Erenville has got him upgraded into a full character. There are a number of "chocolate bunny" jokes floating around in my head that I will choose to spare you all from. :smugpipi:

John Vtuber👁️

Certified Manwhore
Patch notes for FFXIV 6.5 currently being read, the zero stands for "zero blitzball", I can't believe they would do this

If they kill off Zero like Moenbryda, I'm gonna riot, let her go to brazil for summer vacation with the other WoL Yohida-san-chama, onegai

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
YoshiP and Foxclon talking about the Nophica cosplayer's gigantic titties in the live letter.
:deztheroom:

Cosplayer in question.

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
For all of it's Ubisoft flaws, I still enjoy Far Cry 5 and the perpetual chaos that ensues no matter where you are. Also the melee weapons.

That Chuuba Enjoyer

Early Adopter
I really enjoyed farcry 5 too. I remember the controversy the game had at release with it being seen gloryifing religious extremist and far right politics. Was a weird time, cause if you played the game it doesn't really do that.

Farcry 6 I didn't care for. I know it had breaking bad dude, but the setting and everything in it didn't interest me. Think they should take a step back and go back to their roots with Farcry 2 or 3 as inspiration. Maybe try something new as well, but ubisoft hasn't been doing good with that in recent years. Think be better just to do something smaller and concise.

Last edited:

Harrow Prime

Among Other Names.
Early Adopter
Kronii's Husband
I really enjoyed farcry 5 too. I remember the controversy the game had at release with it being seen gloryifing religious extremist and far right politics. Was a weird time, cause if you played the game it doesn't really do that.

Farcry 6 I didn't care for. I know it had breaking bad dude, but the setting and everything in it didn't interest me. Think they should take a step back and go back to their roots with Farcry 2 or 3 as inspiration. Maybe try something new as well, but ubisoft hasn't been doing good with that in recent years. Think be better just to do something smaller and concise.
That's just how games that have anything that can be even remotely interpreted as political goes. Thankfully I don't see that shit often so I wondered what people hated about it, other than how boring the open world is. My only real complaint with these games is that the moments of action are in short bursts and are spread out too far between. Outposts, even when done in stealth, are done in about 2 minutes. Although I guess I'm also not utilizing faster means of transportation and spend minutes on end walking between areas, beating bears and cougars to death with brass knuckles.

I also hate what they've done with every Farcry (although I guess most Ubisoft games suffer from this now) past the fifth one, giving enemies health bars and a fucking levelling system. The only game I think this kind of design worked in for Ubisoft was AC Origins, but that's more because it was something different for the series. Every other game after that suffered from it.

Top Bottom