"Mental, physical, passion!"Oozora Subaru

Twitter cringe and insanity

Ballpark_Look

Literally a day later, official Phase Connect clipper Xyznchro:

Isn't that one of Jelly's stream jokes because she cried during Baba is You?

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
You're a dog VTuber, Trump is trying to save you from being eaten.

chrome_X2NN8UHyBv.png
chrome_hCmMtqPl6D.png

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Kuri Rinji

Marlon Reis
All of these replies are essentially: "It's a ME problem, but I'll make it YOUR problem too."

chrome_AfPC3jMbZH.png
chrome_IEHxsAlPfs.png
chrome_FhWUkgZX7Z.png
chrome_gKSp02WegB.png
chrome_ekpNvMKmsL.png

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

RestlessRain

Early Adopter

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
It is an interesting phenomenon. Decades of nobody taking offense at the word "Retard", then someone starts bitching, and suddenly it becomes a grave offense and a cause.

The crowd (in Le Bon's sense) dynamics of social media are as hilarious as they are terrifying.

Last edited:

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
It's funny how much EN Vtubers hate each other, all it says is western, especially American, culture is just trash lmao. Retarded is being treated as such an insanely bad word, to the point of being considered a "slur"? These 2010 kids and internet generation wouldn't have survived the 90s, but it's also almost always "they/them" people too.

Ballpark_Look

It is an interesting phenomenon. Decades of nobody taking offense at the word "Retard", then someone starts bitching, and suddenly it because a grave offense and a cause.

The crowd (in Le Bon's sense) dynamics of social media are as hilarious as they are terrifying.
Same with a lot words like midget, ghetto, gypsy, gay (as an insult), cripple, etc.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
I'd never call a person with an intellectual disability retarded, but I'll always call someone who acts like they are intellectually disabled even though they aren't retarded.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
It's funny how much EN Vtubers hate each other, all it says is western, especially American, culture is just trash lmao.
A bit off topic but people who browse twitter probably saw it. There was a jp AI artist that made an AI drawing of Miku being all shiny and stuff. The tweet got more than 100k likes. You had the japanese people liking, posting comments about how its cool and everything. Then you had like 1k+ qrt english, an enormous amount of comments saying that AI artists should be killed, japanese comments from english users bashing him and all that stuff.

Sometimes i just watch this stuff go down and i become so ashamed of being a westerner. I will never understand why it has become so normalized in the west to harass everyone that does something they dont approve of. Social medias are so fucked because of zoomers its almost depressing.

Smelliest007

Chimo the minor but frequently reoccuring Nijisister, blue haired samurai from the west.
I was looking at the cope from the announcement that Niji would be hiking their prices on their copy and paste merch, when I saw him and decided to look at his more recent tweets.
1726500188546.png
1726500229630.png
1726500251015.png
1726500356719.png

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

ex_lurker

Retarded is being treated as such an insanely bad word, to the point of being considered a "slur"?
Thank god it's a slur, I wouldn't be using it otherwise.

On a more serious note, it's just a classic case of the euphemism treadmill. Any word referring to intellectually disabled people always ends up acquiring negative connotations until it gets replaced by a more politically correct term.

Last edited:

kanpainiggi

Thank god it's a slur, I wouldn't be using it otherwise.

On a more serious note, it's just a classic case of the euphemism treadmill. Any word referring to intellectually disabled people always ends up acquiring negative connotations until it gets replaced by a more politically correct term.
Funny enough I was talking to a wife of an experience psychologist and made jokes about how annoying they have to be careful with saying the word retarded. Unless they're amongt their own peers in private where they can use the term. Also found out the difference between retards and idiot durring that conversation. A retard has hope to improve where as an idiot theres no hope at least that's how I describe her definition in an immature way

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
A retard has hope to improve where as an idiot theres no hope at least that's how I describe her definition in an immature way
Well duh, meaning of "retarded" is as verbatim as it gets. Both as medical term and as insult.

tgmslc

It's funny how much EN Vtubers hate each other, all it says is western, especially American, culture is just trash lmao. Retarded is being treated as such an insanely bad word, to the point of being considered a "slur"? These 2010 kids and internet generation wouldn't have survived the 90s, but it's also almost always "they/them" people too.
I tend to avoid the indie sphere as much as possible cuz its so full of retarded drama, but every time I see something from the indiesphere it just makes me think that they have a real "crab mentality" problem. Is that a fair assessment?

Chimo the minor but frequently reoccuring Nijisister, blue haired samurai from the west.
I was looking at the cope from the announcement that Niji would be hiking their prices on their copy and paste merch, when I saw him and decided to look at his more recent tweets.
"Why won't anyone ask me out???" says the blue-haired sperg who spends all day online arguing with the wallpaper.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'd never call a person with an intellectual disability retarded, but I'll always call someone who acts like they are intellectually disabled even though they aren't retarded.
Same as I'd never call a homosexual a fag but I'll always call a whiny fucking bitch one even though theyre hetero.
Funny enough I was talking to a wife of an experience psychologist and made jokes about how annoying they have to be careful with saying the word retarded. Unless they're amongt their own peers in private where they can use the term. Also found out the difference between retards and idiot durring that conversation. A retard has hope to improve where as an idiot theres no hope at least that's how I describe her definition in an immature way
Same with us lawyers, we still use these terms to describe people's ability to excersise their rights or asume responsibility for their actions.

Smelliest007

Top Bottom