"If Sakana wasn't a furry, Shiina could have been a crab"Fujikura Uruka

The Termination of Zaion LanZa

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

@niggaphil realistically, we have a fairly sizable amount of information about how Hololive works. Livers have a lot of latitude and basically operate more like Professional Athletes (in the Western sense) than Idols (in the Japanese sense). The character is functionally a Brand under the Hololive banner and the Hololive Member has a massive amount of ability to build the brand as they want to. There's very obvious boundaries, but they're not hyper restrictive creatively. You have to avoid Politics, Religion and the true final boss: Japanese Copyright Law.

The subtle part is that it seems like their Revenue all goes through Hololive first, so the Members are functionally encouraged to put much of that money back into services contracted out via the company. That way it doesn't hit taxes for either Hololive or the Member.

We can also infer that 3D Live events are extremely profitable for everyone, which is why the studios are always booked and they're paying millions to build up a new studio right now.

Lastly, the fact Hololive has been able to keep Noel, Choco, Mel and Matsuri corralled means they clearly gave up on quite a lot of ideas about what the guard rails should be. It tells you how bad Rushia's mess up truly was behind the scenes.

Alchemyth

Reminder that this is NijiEN management, who's actions are presumably supported by the JP HQ. Now imagine how horrible NijiKR was that HQ had to forcibly step in and straight up nuke their management and take over. What a shitshow that must've been.

100% not Hakka

Don't tell Yagoo
Can't fucking believe I had been following this thread for the past couple of months in hopes of something juicy, only for something as huge as this to happen the second I decide to stop giving a fuck.

After this fat man of a tea spill, as someone who was once a unityfag who thought Scuttle got treated a little too harshly at times, all I can say is

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Now i am waiting the evidence of how Hololive works. It is surprising that even Rushia did not go full expose on how Hololive works after termination. I guess the work environment might be slightly better than Niji
We already know how a good chunk of Hololive works as talents have been a lot more open about the inner mechanisms of the company. However the big thing with someone with Rushia is that she's a Jap working for a Jap company. It's a lot easier for a Jap company to go after a Jap than an American. If there ever is a final yab about Hololive and secrets are revealed, it's going to come from the EN branch.

Jimmy Fenicks

We already know how a good chunk of Hololive works as talents have been a lot more open about the inner mechanisms of the company. However the big thing with someone with Rushia is that she's a Jap working for a Jap company. It's a lot easier for a Jap company to go after a Jap than an American. If there ever is a final yab about Hololive and secrets are revealed, it's going to come from the EN branch.
One of the advantages of HoloEN having only 10 members is that they seem to have a personal manager. At worst, 2 talents share 1 manager. I think the only talents to express/hint at dissatisfaction with their managers/management is Gura, IRyS and Kronii. (Especially gura after losing Jenma as her manager).

I also suspect that one of the reasons for EN3 not existing yet is because they are finding it difficult to hire more competent and trustworthy managers/staff in the EN branch and don't want to overburden the current managers.

God's Strongest Dragoon

One of the advantages of HoloEN having only 10 members is that they seem to have a personal manager. At worst, 2 talents share 1 manager. I think the only talents to express/hint at dissatisfaction with their managers/management is Gura, IRyS and Kronii. (Especially gura after losing Jenma as her manager).

I also suspect that one of the reasons for EN3 not existing yet is because they are finding it difficult to hire more competent and trustworthy managers/staff in the EN branch and don't want to overburden the current managers.
I can't remember who mentioned it but it's been stated they also rotate managers so they get more experience, which is good practice. Their biggest sin at the moment though is that supposedly they have only 1 person in charge of perms, which is a huge problem that has plagued EN for like 1 yr+.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
because she IS ZAION
1683365074611.png

Murrayしないで

Just go live!
  • They say talents make more than they would make as an indie streamer, but they do not cover debut costs

This part of the write-up is what strikes me as the most unbelievable. I'll buy everything else she says, but this is just so stupid that it makes me have a sliver of a doubt in the essay as a whole. I don't expect that Niji will respond to this publicly, but I kind of want them to do so to address these points, and especially this one.

I think I joked a couple weeks ago that I wasn't too fond of Niji but if for some God-forsaken reason they called me up to recruit me tomorrow, I'd have to accept for the sake of my bank account. If what Zaion says about debuts is true, then I'd actually have to reject it as I can't really afford that kind of investment right now.

She's definitely getting in trouble, there is no fucking way Niji lets this go without trying to teach her a lesson for speaking out. Will she get sued? Is she gonna keep fanning the flames of drama by telling people when she does get sued?

If she broke a NDA there is absolutely a path to a lawsuit. What are you talking about ass covering?

“Trust me judge I wasn’t defaming the company because I specifically wrote I wasn’t defaming them when I aired all their dirty laundry”

They'd have to weigh the pros and cons. What does Sayu have to take? Probably not a whole lot. Will whatever they get from her be worth the astronomical hit to their reputation they stand to take by doing this? I doubt it. The law can be entirely on your side and suing can still be a really bad idea.

Also, as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, the discovery process would reveal how much of Sayu's damning accusations about the behavior of management are true. If she's telling the truth, then not suing will at least leave some possibility of doubt. Suing and being dragged through discovery by a halfway competent lawyer will remove that doubt.

The document Sayu posted is clearly lawyered pretty heavily. The first part is almost assuredly a line-by-line response she was doing for the Employment Lawyer with regards to Nijisanji's public statements. (Defamation / Anti-Disparagement) That's the context everything should be viewed within. Sayu clearly has gotten legal council.

If Sayu is violating an NDA or non-disparagement clause or some other legal agreement by writing and posting this, do you think any lawyer would still help her write this, or give her any other advice other than "you shouldn't do that?"

In conclusion, grab ahold of Dee's Nuts and put them in your mouth while watching your favorite streamer. Now available with chocolate coating!

Last edited:

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Now i am waiting the evidence of how Hololive works. It is surprising that even Rushia did not go full expose on how Hololive works after termination. I guess the work environment might be slightly better than Niji
You got a couple good replies to this already that worded what I was going to say about Cover and more importantly a lot of the talents being pretty open about management grievences and such better than me. I would say that Cover seems to generally be pretty alright beyond the typical JP corpo autism that all of Japan has as standard operating procedure.

That said with what we got, the long run implied Rushia was essentially the entire downfall of Rushia. If anything I think Cover actually looked pretty good in the long run, even going so far as to allow her to make a statement at the end of it all. Granted not AS Rushia but I felt that was pretty decent of them to do when they easily could have just not bothered.
I suppose you could argue it's because she looked so fucking bad that her doing anything retarded would immediately make her look even worse but still.

Takodachi

Shared joy is double joy
Early Adopter
I mean, Niji being a shit company is something most know by now, but its nice to hear it straight from the horse's mouth. I am more interested on the precedent this will set.

wew

Male hag love!

I am just fucking speechless I knew it was bad but jfc
You know what I'm changing my plan I hope Kyo Stays with niji EN and he is stuck in this pyramid scheme forever

Een Gevolg

Undead Nurse #1
Early Adopter
Think I might need a break from Vtubers. I'm curious to see how/if they respond to this, but with the current environment I have a feeling that just liking the people there might just get me the leper treatment. :pikameefuck:

Don't get me wrong, while I try to wait for both sides to finish their responses, this really doesn't look good on their end. It's just that if the absolute faggotry between tribes hasn't turned up to 11 before, it probably will now. It's tiring when you just wanna grill, not gonna lie.

Last edited:

AmpleChip

The Scream Guy

Genuinely Mentally Handicapped

I am just fucking speechless I knew it was bad but jfc
You know what I'm changing my plan I hope Kyo Stays with niji EN and he is stuck in this pyramid scheme forever

Do you guys think Kyo has the pass? He sounds like a gay black man but he's white and a [BRITISH CIGARETTE] but not in the homosexual way. How does this wigger do it?

This retard cannot seriously believe this will protect her from being sued to kingdom come, can she?
Technically it might depending on how dogshit the Niji NDA is. Probably very unspecific and confusing to cover as much area as possible which won't hold up in court if she gets sued in her own state

niggaphil

Do you guys think Kyo has the pass? He sounds like a gay black man but he's white and a [BRITISH CIGARETTE] but not in the homosexual way. How does this wigger do it?
he is just slimmer version of WingsofRedemption, who is also speak like a gay black man, and raised in black culture

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
thought Scuttle got treated a little too harshly at times,
Scuttle was a femboyggot who'd try and cause arguments and then hide behind the skirts of the Jannies when people called him out on it.

Last edited:

Egg the Boiled

Yeah.
This retard cannot seriously believe this will protect her from being sued to kingdom come, can she?
I read it as more tongue in cheek to get around the idea that Niji streamers can't refer to their past lives, not as an actual defence. I'm honestly surprised how many people are taking it seriously when it reads as a half-joke.

Limkin

It's pretty funny how people say "NijiEN is just Elira's little clique company" when she herself was progressively dissatisfied with the way company works for the past year, going as far as almost straight up saying she is done putting effort for Niji from now on. Sure, they definitely hired a lot of her friends, and it proved to work well, because they are the people with the most interactions and who get along the best. But don't pretend that they have any sway over corporate decisions. As evident by Zaion, the one manager Elira would be the closest to actually wanted to help Zaion and got ignored by upper management completely. Probably also got in trouble if she actually committed to her promise of standing up for Zaion
More on the topic, when they initially posted a termination list I said that it looks like they had no reason and were just throwing shit at the wall to hope it's enough to convince people. Turns out even worse, they weren't making up list after a fact, they were actively making her fail and trip and put her in "you will fuck up if we force you hard enough eventually". I never liked Niji as a company despite mostly watching Niji talents, but I never imagined it would be this bad
Edit: When it comes to money commitment Holo isn't terribly different, other than a fact that unless you are a fuck up you are guaranteed to earn a lot, unlike Niji because they WILL invest into you and force you to become big enough. Salary is very much an emergency, Coco and Kanata spoke how it was below minimal wage and barely enough for food, and Holo actually had to run "emergency merch" for Kanata before she was even monetized on YT because she was terribly low on money. Though they both were fucked by YT repeatedly declining monetization for months despite passing all the checks. They do offer loans on projects and you can straight up buy a prebuild from a company if you wish so (pretty good specs for a time too and for a decent price). Members just don't want to do that, because Holo asks a merch cut in return for a loan, as opposed to only paying what you asked for back. There was an old stream with Lamy going over it and how she seriously went into red and had to borrow from a dad, only made worse because she heavily invested into a new office for streaming right before. As for prebuilds, if you see a lot of members running the same specs, it's because they bought it from a company. Some got a significantly better deal because they did it later when Holo already upgraded internal offer to new hardware. And at a time, it was the only way to get a decent GPU, Holo being a company managed to secure the deals and have it available

Last edited:

Peachmoon

The Assman
This part of the write-up is what strikes me as the most unbelievable. I'll buy everything else she says, but this is just so stupid that it makes me have a sliver of a doubt in the essay as a whole. I don't expect that Niji will respond to this publicly, but I kind of want them to do so to address these points, and especially this one.

I think I joked a couple weeks ago that I wasn't too fond of Niji but if they called me up to recruit me tomorrow, I'd have to accept for the sake of my bank account. If what Zaion says about debuts is true, then I'd actually have to reject it as I can't really afford that kind of investment right now.
I don't think this is the most unbelievable thing at all.
Even Holos have to pay for personal projects and assets on their own, barred from their own models and basic set up.
Within Niji there are many crumbs that easily allude to this--Selen has mentioned constantly how much she pays out of pocket for her extra content.
Remember that Aster said he paid an incredible amount out of pocket for his fully animated debut lore video--even his genmates thought it was insane.
Even Pomu came out (feeling bad about how high-quality her Kouhais debuts are compared to her own) and stated she made her half-assed lore video last minute bc it was left up to her to prepare.
You'd be surprised how much you need to sacrifice and invest when preparing for a debut, corpo or not--at least with a company backing you, you can eventually make it back like Zaion did, right? 😏

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
Think I might need a break from Vtubers. I'm curious to see how/if they respond to this, but with the current environment I have a feeling that just liking the people there might just get me the leper treatment. :pikameefuck:

Don't get me wrong, while I try to wait for both sides to finish their responses, this really doesn't look good on their end. It's just that if the absolute faggotry between tribes hasn't turned up to 11 before, it probably will now. It's tiring when you just wanna grill, not gonna lie.
Eh, just hope the ones you watch have nothing to say on the matter, if they're smart, they'll be streaming as usual. They're not PR, why should they actively defend Anykara? It'll just be harder to take any praise of NijiEN management seriously for the most part.

Top Bottom