"My feet are pretty callused from dance, but my toes look real suckable right now! I'd suck 'em"Ember Amane

The Termination of Zaion LanZa

The Scream Guy

Genuinely Mentally Handicapped
I didn't pay attention after they changed the title, did someone take screenshots? Was it that bad they had to disable the comments?
View attachment 16359
LMAOOO they actually did turn off comments... Marie was probably getting harassed a lot by zaionists, but the decision was probably management's and not hers anyway

PassiveUnaggressive

Early Adopter
LMAOOO they actually did turn off comments... Marie was probably getting harassed a lot by zaionists, but the decision was probably management's and not hers anyway
To be honest, that sounds like a management thing to do, especially JP management - going through and erasing the idea you had a coworker there before. I'm not saying there is anything intentionally malicious, but sheesh.

駄女神

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
You're saying this after #MeToo?
Bitch got punitively fired from a company, not called out by randos on Twitter. What exactly do you want? Not everything is a conspiracy.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
I didn't pay attention after they changed the title, did someone take screenshots? Was it that bad they had to disable the comments?
View attachment 16359
I also want to post this because the stalin meme never gets old
View attachment 16360

I grabbed this picture off of cuckchan, and can't be 100% certain if it was ever actually real, but holy fuck, I think I'll choke to death if the comments on the cover were just disabled to hide or delete these.

View attachment 16383
This is what archives are for. On 12 Mar 2023 08:33:16 UTC, Zaion's name had been removed from the title, but comments were still open. The comments by the other livers are real (which is not unusual). Unfortunately, comments were not sorted by "new" in the archive, so I can't tell if there were angry comments. I did find these.
1678716961396.png
1678717000091.png
1678717025758.png

Of the speculated motives in this thread for disabling comments, my arbitrary rank from most to least justifiable:
- Stop fighting in the comments
- Remove Zaion (by management order or because Maria is angry at Zaion) Edit: When I typed this I meant removing Zaion from the title, but I realised that's a related but separate action that doesn't actually fit into this ranking
- Remove positive comments about Zaion from the other livers

I can't take a new archive to show that comments have been disabled since the most recent archive. I'm pretty sure taking a new archive was possible, but maybe this is too recent.

Last edited:

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
This is what archives are for. On 12 Mar 2023 08:33:16 UTC, Zaion's name had been removed from the title, but comments were still open. The comments by the other livers are real (which is not unusual). Unfortunately, comments were not sorted by "new" in the archive, so I can't tell if there were angry comments. I did find these.
View attachment 16446
View attachment 16447
View attachment 16448

Of the speculated motives in this thread for disabling comments, my arbitrary rank from most to least justifiable:
- Remove Zaion (by management order or because Maria is angry at Zaion) Edit: When I typed this I meant removing Zaion from the title, but I realised that's a related but separate action that doesn't actually fit into this ranking

I can't take a new archive to show that comments have been disabled since the most recent archive. I'm pretty sure taking a new archive was possible, but maybe this is too recent.
just wanna point out that it might not fit into your ranking but given that zaion's name was removed the comments being disabled is probably related.

Aka stop fighting in the comments and stop bugging me about Zaion.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Archiving here. Ren Zotto comes out to be the first Niji to tell everyone to leave Zaion alone.

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter

Peachmoon

The Assman
Archiving here. Ren Zotto comes out to be the first Niji to tell everyone to leave Zaion alone.

View attachment 16512
It's really impressive AND sad that Ren's the only one to have basic common sense and decency, and he's not even apart of Zaion's gen. This is literally all anyone had to reinforce since Day 1. (Really shows you the ones who ACTUALLY have a shred of compassion within NijiEN).
Terminally online Twitter users have gone on to take XSoleil's various "she deserved it" statements to mean justification of "she deserves to be shit on/hated/doxxed."
I also fully believe Finana was just being an absolute zoomer idiot throwing around a buzzword (I was gaslit!) and stoked the flames more by airing out a personal grievance.
It would have been fine if they all moved on or just made more professional statements involving the matter. (I.e.: "We're disappointed and sad, but we will continue on without Zaion and deliver content to you as XSoleil" etc...). But even with the way most of the talents have dealt with this, on top of the bizarre hit-piece-like company statement, have completely turned me away from NijiEN right now.
At least that's less talents to keep up with now. RIP.

Godfuckingdamnit

Didn’t grab any evidence so you’re gonna have to take my one post femboy word on it, but I happened to take a look at the new comments of that video a few days ago… and it was a fucking dumpster fire. Tons of comments as shitting on Maria, calling her a bitch etc. I think people were riled up because she initially just deleted Zaions name while leaving her own, which is a grade A bitch move imo. Later she removed her own name too but the damage was already done. No surprise the comments were disabled. I don’t think it had anything to do with other livers comments.

Honestly I hope for nijisanji’s sake that the situation was just Maria having a woman moment. That is forgivable. Management doing something so stupid is not. Like if I was Maririn and they pulled that shit I would go full Vesper.

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
Quoted from the main thread for archival and a comment.

And on the other side you have riguruma, who does a lot of MVs for Holo and Niji, and y'know, has a direct financial link with Nijisanji, taking more shots. (kpop stan lmoa)

View attachment 16503

I said earlier that Niji's presentation of Zaion's termination would make Zaion unemployable by JP corpos at the very least. If Riguruma is referring to Zaion, we're seeing that play out, as this is a JP corpo-affiliated artist turning his back on her, in an unprofessionally public fashion on top of that (as has been the pattern from nearly everyone). I say "if" as Riguruma doesn't explicitly name Zaion and I'm not aware if the time of the tweet has any significance (even if I'm also not aware who else he could possibly be referring to).

View attachment 16571
View attachment 16572

There's about a 99% chance it's about her.
I agree because I can't think of anyone else, and I didn't think about the emoji, but it doesn't really sway me, as 🙃 fits the rest of the passive-aggressive message.

Also I got this random.txt when I edited in this reply.
1678808751174.png

Last edited:

Punished Anime Discusser

Early Adopter
I say "if" as Riguruma doesn't explicitly name Zaion and I'm not aware if the time of the tweet has any significance (even if I'm also not aware who else he could possibly be referring to).
1678808151694.png

1678808186067.png

There's about a 99% chance it's about her.

Aka Split

IRyS's husband
Early Adopter

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Someone on /vt/ made a good graphic showing how Zaion"s break was really a stealth suspension. Good to help explain that concept.
1678881340021135.png

Definitely makes me believe that Millie's break after that shit talking stream was a suspension in disguise.

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Last edited:

Godfuckingdamnit

Maybe a
Sweeto is a good dude I hate that he is called a leach on his gf I think he is talented in his own right
Maybe a good reason to become a vtuber. Ren Zotto doesn’t have a gf.

Gintoki

White Yaksha
Early Adopter
For those of you wondering where Zaion/Sayu has been, I found this comment on one of her YouTube videos:where's zaion.PNG

So I decided to bite the bullet and joined her Discord server. Here's her message from about a month ago addressing the situation:
Sanyu discord.jpg
Other than that, she hasn't said anything else about her termination in her Discord as far as I can see. I'll keep you guys posted if something happens.

CalciumAnimal

Drink Milk
For those of you wondering where Zaion/Sayu has been, I found this comment on one of her YouTube videos:View attachment 23420

So I decided to bite the bullet and joined her Discord server. Here's her message from about a month ago addressing the situation:
View attachment 23423
Other than that, she hasn't said anything else about her termination in her Discord as far as I can see. I'll keep you guys posted if something happens.
thanks for the update good to have confirmation that whatever is causing delays is probably legal in nature since i doubt anything else would cause such delays.

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
For those of you wondering where Zaion/Sayu has been, I found this comment on one of her YouTube videos:View attachment 23420

View attachment 23423
Thanks for the update on the one hand I hope that Nji isn't dumb enough to pull legal shenanigans on her as I feel the backlash to that would be both massive and crippling for everyone involved. On the other hand that shit show would be glorious to watch.

Spergatory

Early Adopter
Sayu (Zaion) released a massive essay on her side of the story.

I'm not opening a google doc link with one of my emails.

Top Bottom