"We were talking about this offstream, it is ri-DI-culous how many Phase girls owe that man (Sakana) a life debt, without him having to actually do shit"Dizzy Dokuro

The Great 5000-page Thread Split

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
I've decided to make 5,000 pages the point at which I lock the first general thread and start something new.

By now we're large enough I feel a single thread isn't sufficient. Right from the start we needed a containment zone for the Pippaposting, and this will remain its own thread for now. The poll options above highlight the two primary choices I'm considering at the moment. If you have alternate suggestions, post them below.

I will NOT consider independent threads for every corporation. Down that path lies tribalfagging to an excessive degree. This initiative is not designed to separate fandoms into hugboxes, merely to allow users to more easily focus on the content they'd prefer to consume without having to potentially sift through pages of stuff they don't want to. I also feel like smaller talents deserve a well-trafficked space to catch notice, without having to compete with talents who already have a massive following.

Commence sperging below.

Empty_Inbox

🏆 Thread Recap links are in my Profile Posts
Early Adopter
Deranged Archivist
Everyone together good, melting pot of cultures and shit. We have enough echo chambers online! Liveposting should be separate and also regularly purged to open up more data and to encourage using general thread for meaningful discussions.

Compressed jpg

wtf is happening
Keep it the way it is and spin-off happenings into threads once they hit critical mass.

I'm autistic and don't like change.

John Vtuber👁️

Sentient Eyeball, Primarch of Hag Pride Worldwide
Certified Manwhore
Throwing my vote in for "one thread for general, one for live posting", if there is an excess of any one company/chuuba posting, a thread can be spun up as needed, but this generally shouldn't be the case outside of the debut period of new talents/gens

Looking forward to Pippa Containment Thread #2, I can feel it is a necessity to not deluge the general or liveposting thread with Pippa, as one of its semi-regular posters I will advocate for our indefinite confinement

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Everyone together good, melting pot of cultures and shit. We have enough echo chambers online! Liveposting should be separate and also regularly purged to open up more data and to encourage using general thread for meaningful discussions.
Rather than purged I'd just say locked like monthly or something

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Screenshot_20230822-134909_Chrome.jpg
I'll free you nolan.

Zizara

No faith in Humanity
Dizzy's Wife
People aren't going to read a thread dedicated to the legions of indies and non-4/5 view companies, even if they say they want it. Just look at the other liveposting threads - there's one for all the Phase Invaders together and it's still only got a bit over 40 pages for what is the site's darling corp. You could probably roll in all the other Phase talents but Pippa and it still wouldn't see much traction. Even the Holo Advent debut thread, which is now used as a sort of liveposting thread in practice, doesn't see that much traction.

Beyond forcing people not to be so tribal I feel dividing the community here into multiple threads is just giving up our ability to advertise and help out smaller talents. I personally would never have started watching Amiya Aranha for example if not for @lakyus posting regularly about her on the homelands thread, and now she's one of my longstanding memberships.

Just pretending

The Great Bald Rrat
Early Adopter
The General Discussion is the place where all the other threads originate from anyway, so we should keep it that way; if anything, one user dropping a "guys stop being mad and come check out this funny shit that's happening right now" post is so far our best method of breaking up the sporadic autism vortex. That's how most of the "proper" discussion starts - people comment on a live stream, someone makes a point relevant to the topic and others respond with their own arguments and opinions. Most of the time we know beforehand when a particular stream is going to make people comment on it for 5+ pages - debuts, returns, costume reveals, 3D reveals, concerts, and some collabs are highly anticipated, so all we have to do (to make the general thread slightly more orderly) is to make separate threads for them in the Events section (edit: or the Dining Hall, whatever works) when necessary.

It is exceptionally rare for a vtuber to have so many "high comment" streams (like Pippa and it wouldn't be the case if Reticule took his meds for once) to justify multiplying [Live Reaction] threads, and putting ALL the live reacting into a single thread wouldn't really solve the problem, since it would be just as chaotic as the general thread can sometimes be, if not even worse. Making a seperate thread for indies is a very bad idea, as @Zizara has already pointed out.

On a less serious note, if Kerfuffle's attack on the ancestral homeland and our subsequent migration is our own Exodus, then keeping most of the unfocused discussion concentrated in one, singular thread is our way of celebrating Pesach. One thread is the koscher way. :Katta-Semetic-Content:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
There should one general thread, like what we have now. No split, even if it's corpo vs indie or whatever. Having some indie content mixed in with everything else is good, and the best way to get traffic to them is exactly what we do now. A separate thread to discuss indies is just going to be forgotten, the two-view spotlight thread was last used in April.

As for liveposting, agreed that there should be a Pippa liveposting thread and a general liveposting thread. I would even go so far as to say Kirsche and Phase Invaders liveposting threads should be rolled into this thread. Not sure whether the Hololive advent liveposting thread should be rolled in too, I'll leave that to those more familiar with Hololive to work that one out.

YlAkZ02UzAWk

How about a monthly thread. With a recap of what happened in that thread at the end to put a nice bow on things.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
How about a monthly thread. With a recap of what happened in that thread at the end to put a nice bow on things.
I like this idea a whole lot. Would be easier for yearly sifting as well as when new vtubers debut a lot of discussion is front loaded. So if X vtuber debuted in March someone could just check the March recap to see the info and discussion

superduper

Gods Strongest Chiramigo
Nolan's Widow
Early Adopter
Rie's Publicist
I voted for Nolan. But I also believe we should keep doing what we've been doing. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
In all seriousness, I'm doubtful about a separate liveposting thread. A lot of quick reactions to minor streams would be liveposting and very quickly get lost when all they're actually for is inform people about assorted indies and such.

The obvious solution is of course to put low effort/mass live posting in Matrix, but that doesn't seem to be a popular option for some reason.

Between separating liveposting and separating by major/minor corp, I'd pick the latter. I wouldn't follow a thread for every corp, but one more thread is doable.

Titanosaurus

Early Adopter
1 for live posting, 1 general. Obviously Pippa-live is needed and working out well. If more individual live threads are needed later, that's fine. If special topic threads are needed (like roomates/PL, stream archives or something) that's fine, but I think the main thread should not be split between corpo/indie/small corpo or such, I like it all in one.

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
I'm voting for the one main thread and one liveposting thread. At the very least, the liveposting can be used for certain debut like say, 3D model debut or certain streams that isn't pippa or proctor's waifu that might need liveposting thread at the ready. Sure I probably can imagine like, the liveposting thread having like, kerfuffle about whose focus of liveposting it gonna be if two big things (that worth liveposting) are shared on that potential thread at the same time, but considering that had happened before (IIRC), maybe it would work?

Aside of that, it is best to keep the main thread singular like the standard, make it easier for folks to get used to it rather than blindly throwing them to new things.

ValkyrieAce

in a toxic relationship with IRyS
Personally I'd rather have threads for each separate corp and then indies. That way I could just stay in the Hololive one and avoid the stink of the filthy impure Western Vtuber corpos.

hylic

I am against most forms of liveposting since there are already so many places to do that, not even counting the streamers chat. Any posts not relevant or understandable an hour after posting are inappropriate for the forum thread format.

I don't think anything in particular has to change.

kushami tasukaru

Early Adopter
One general thread works. For liveposting probably open as necessary.

The monthly recap thread is an interesting idea if @Empty_Inbox is okay with it. I do read the recap posts regularly.

braindoko

Personally I'd rather have threads for each separate corp and then indies. That way I could just stay in the Hololive one and avoid the stink of the filthy impure Western Vtuber corpos.
You jest but Holo postings already take up most of the main thread, even when nothing newsworthy is happening. Maybe Holo needs its own thread aside the proposed monthly general
The monthly recap thread is an interesting idea if @Empty_Inbox is okay with it. I do read the recap posts regularly.
While I like the recaps too they must be very taxing to create, I hope we can get the highlight feature soon

Last edited:

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
yeah the general thread is fine as is

people can also use it to shill for their chuubas for potential viewers

liveposting is still up to debate though its still a nice idea

monthly recaps is good too it makes the flow of info more organized in that regard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom