"Good, the GPU works hard, it deserves to get screwed once in a while, I fully support that a 100%"Noir Vesper

Termination of Yozora Mel

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'm not assuming anything. People are reading that English translation and saying it means/hints that Cover offered her a way to continue and she turned them down, and the original Japanese doesn't say that (which doesn't mean it's impossible, but there's nothing that implies it in that announcement).

For me, not until we hear what kind of information it was, particularly with her past history. If it was "I'm performing x" or "so-and-so got sponsored by y" then yeah, termination completely justified. If it was "they've hired that fucker's best friend after all he did to me", or something else related to getting harassed by management, then less so. Given that she talks about it being in a mentally bad time, I'm still thinking something like that is a possibility.
YES, OF COURSE! Please tell everyone the confidential information you graduated a talent over SPECIFICALLY so it wouldn't get shared! GENIUS! Galaxy brain move!

Zinnaha

Niji and Indie Simp
Are we just going to ignore michael cat going from Vshojo into voice ore and Pony music.
:inahungryl:

Learn to use twitlonger jesus
Stuff like that is rarely held to strict NDAs anyway. Also Twitlonger is actually busted (last I checked) so they have an excuse sadly.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
For me, not until we hear what kind of information it was, particularly with her past history. If it was "I'm performing x" or "so-and-so got sponsored by y" then yeah, termination completely justified. If it was "they've hired that fucker's best friend after all he did to me", or something else related to getting harassed by management, then less so. Given that she talks about it being in a mentally bad time, I'm still thinking something like that is a possibility.
This is just bad faith at this point. Just say you want Yagoo to be the bad guy just as much as Riku.

Limkin

Mel had all chances to shut up and act like nothing happened or start spreading rumors. Instead she admitted to what was said by company and even put more blame on herself than official announcement. What else do you want them to say, exact transcript of what was said? At the very least it shows to potential employer that despite her... lack of proper decision making she holds herself accountable for her mistakes. Unlike Mikeneko who always has an excuse and never takes blame for her actions

bothyourhouses

YES, OF COURSE! Please tell everyone the confidential information you graduated a talent over SPECIFICALLY so it wouldn't get shared!
I'm not saying the actual content obviously. But if they could say "commercially sensitive information" they would. If they could say "other talents' personal information" they would (they did exactly that with Rushia). The fact that they just say "confidential" means that's the best spin that can put on it.

If she was being mistreated by someone above her, made a fuss, and they froze her out and pushed her out, this is exactly what it would look like, right down to the apology and mention of being in a poor mental state. This is how traditional Japanese companies operate, especially in the voice acting and idol industries.

niggaphil

This is just bad faith at this point. Just say you want Yagoo to be the bad guy just as much as Riku.
Please understand, Niji fans need something to bite back Holo fans after their company took so many Ls recently :smugselen:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Please understand, Niji fans need something to bite back Holo fans after their company took so many Ls recently :smugselen:
Eh, I think it's important to never blindly trust corpos and not get complacent. I just don't like grasping at straws.
Nijifriends aren't here and have nothing to do with this. For once I will not bully them.

frz

I'm not saying the actual content obviously. But if they could say "commercially sensitive information" they would. If they could say "other talents' personal information" they would (they did exactly that with Rushia). The fact that they just say "confidential" means that's the best spin that can put on it.

If she was being mistreated by someone above her, made a fuss, and they froze her out and pushed her out, this is exactly what it would look like, right down to the apology and mention of being in a poor mental state. This is how traditional Japanese companies operate, especially in the voice acting and idol industries.
What do you mean by they froze her when she was still streaming regularly, has sponsored streams and shit & appeared in every events.
Need I remind you the last time a corpo pull this shit in JP idol industry it turned into a media shitstorm where several members left in solitude with the affected, managers and staffs were fired and got the fans turned against them. Re:Maho Yamaguchi

RiverBear

To be honest, it sounds like she leaked something to other talents from other company (Vshojo, Nijisanji, VSPO or shit like that)

I don't want to blame anyone yet, unless there is valid evidence to show the party involved. Right now we are having 'wait and see' game, some retarded talents from JP may be stupid enough to post vague shits for us to investigate whats going on
Must be something really important that she blabbed about with her friends (maybe about the business or public trading, idk, something that might seem small but can affect the trajectory of the company)

Also seems like she didn't expect it to blow up like this but at least she accepts she was at fault for *something*

I wish you all the best Mel. Sometimes it do be like that.

Bug Eater

Why would Kson deign to report back to Hololive? I really don't see her doing that to Mel. Rushia, yes. Kson, never.
It wouldn't surprise me if Cover periodically screened their twitter/discord accounts after the Rushia/Korekore fiasco. Otherwise it would be really horrible if someone she trusted enough to confide in ended up snitching on her (and yeah it absolutely wouldn't be Kson)

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
To be honest, it sounds like she leaked something to other talents from other company (Vshojo, Nijisanji, VSPO or shit like that)

I don't want to blame anyone yet, unless there is valid evidence to show the party involved. Right now we are having 'wait and see' game, some retarded talents from JP may be stupid enough to post vague shits for us to investigate whats going on
DIdnt saw this reply before, but what? How does it sounds like that? How does a third party = talent from another agency? I could tell you it sounds like she leaked something to the guy she had sex with once or twice and then ghosted him and it would be just as baseless as your comprehension of her announcement.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
DIdnt saw this reply before, but what? How does it sounds like that? How does a third party = talent from another agency? I could tell you it sounds like she leaked something to the guy she had sex with once or twice and then ghosted him and it would be just as baseless as your comprehension of her announcement.
It's weird overall, why would someone with no interest in vtubers snitch on her? Honestly I think Mel's manager just found the conversations.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
It's weird overall, why would someone with no interest in vtubers snitch on her? Honestly I think Mel's manager just found the conversations.
It could easily be someone that has something against Mel personally. It could be another vtuber. It could be herself feeling guilty after talking with a friend about the situation and confessing to her manager. It could be a lot of things. Doesnt sounds like anything specific to me and we probably wont ever know what exactly happened.

USS IOWA

RiverBear

Painting in the first few translations posted here = Cat

1705462498024.png

Things in the replies. Most likely a rrat

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

To me this sounds like she vented to a close friend and instead of keeping it to themselves they decided to tell everyone
Its very vile to take advantage of someone thats its in a very vulnerable state but i guess she has this sorted out since she admitted the blame twice already and its deciding to take a mental health break instead of jumping back in action

niggaphil

View attachment 61692

Mostly RRAT. However, here lies one interesting "coincidence" or observation, Correct me if I am wrong: Didn't Kotoka is one of the talent that threw Zaion under the bus during Zaion termination? It would be funny if these two terminations have connection with Kotoka (yeah I am bullshitting) :smugselen:

Last edited:

No way dude

DISCORD delenda est
I saw this on twitter and was wondering what was up

Now i know
Eh, I think it's important to never blindly trust corpos and not get complacent.
Corpos are never your friends

nooternun

(๑ 'ᆺ' ) Pfp is me IRL
Gotta wonder what sensitive info breaks the NDA. Except for leaking personal info I just don't agree with the termination.

She regrets the leak and the knock on effects. She feels bad that people like Ayamy are sad and will lose some future income. Same with all the friends and co-workers who have to modify their schedules or projects now that she isn't there. Menhera women are fun to watch but stressful.

YGO Link Monster

Knightmare Unicorn ATK 2200 LINK-3

View attachment 61692

THATS WHY JP DRAMAFAGS AND ANONS Didnt KNEW A SHIT BEFORE THIS
Its something keep beetwen close friends and she its such a sweetheart that its even able to forgive someone so evil
Also this rrats out Kson because that would mean Choco should have been terminated alongside Mel

Last edited:
Top Bottom