"You wanna get neutered too?"Pavolia Reine

Termination of Yozora Mel

niggaphil

What do they realistically gain from canning her? She had 3 sponsorships, was gonna appear in 5th fes and made money for the corpo. I'm not gonna discount corpo shenanigans but even in her own post she admits to blabbering about internals to someone else. I could see pointing fingers at Cover with the mag and ves situation, since we got told absolutely squat and the corpo froze them for like a month with no explanation, this time it's pretty bloody cut and dry imo.
I mean, if Cover willing to shit-canned the Golden Goose Mike cat, it is a strong message from Cover that whoever dare to break the company law will face similar consequences, no matter how big or how much you earn for Cover

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I mean, if Cover willing to shit-canned the Golden Goose Mike cat, it is a strong message from Cover that whoever dare to break the company law will face similar consequences, no matter how big or how much you earn for Cover
Agreed. I'd be much more worried if high earning members got away with shit and got preferential treatment tbh.
(Inb4 "GURAAA", ayame did it too and she's no piggybank)

Koronesuki

X-Potato
It is funny no matter who you put in that place, tbh. Miguel is such a fucking paranoid retard that she makes up these scenarios in her head.
Yes, but it's still funniest if it's Aqua, so I choose to believe that it was.

Horo7618

No one in particular
What do they realistically gain from canning her?
That's the thing though - you can't assume they're thinking in those terms. It might just be a knee jerk "you broke the rules so out you go" reaction rather than a carefully considered profit/loss decision.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
What do they realistically gain from canning her? She had 3 sponsorships, was gonna appear in 5th fes and made money for the corpo. I'm not gonna discount corpo shenanigans but even in her own post she admits to blabbering about internals to someone else.
going by this and her last stream listing what she wanted to do with every member in future collabs makes me think the one that snitched did it the day before she got the boot. she probably didn't even know what was happening until the company said to her someone told them she leaked things to them.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
going by this and her last stream listing what she wanted to do with every member in future collabs makes me think the one that snitched did it the day before she got the boot. she probably didn't even know what was happening until the company said to her someone told them she leaked things to them.
Meh, I interpret that last stream as "she already knew and took the time to leave nice messages for everyone". These kinds of decisions are not done in a day, specially not with JP corpo autism.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Meh, I interpret that last stream as "she already knew and took the time to leave nice messages for everyone". These kinds of decisions are not done in a day, specially not with JP corpo autism.
but why schedule sponsored streams the week of her termination if they already knew?

niggaphil

someone told them she leaked things to them.
This sounds like some Discord GAYOPS that third party company trying to fuck with Mel. I don't know why JP people want to fuck with Mel (Unicorns? Business espionage?) when there is bigger targets (Fubuki, Marine, Mikochi) in Cover.

but why schedule sponsored streams the week of her termination if they already knew?
This should treat as independent event. There might be one investigation team to invest secretly, while Mel could do her business as usual (Collab, sponsor). Once the investigation is over, the team submitted their finding to the higher up, and it is higher up decision to terminate her immediately or finding alternative solutions. It is a big corpo, not like small corpo who tend to groom talents immediately

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
This sounds like some Discord GAYOPS that third party company trying to fuck with Mel. I don't know why JP people want to fuck with Mel (Unicorns? Business espionage?) when there is bigger targets (Fubuki, Marine, Mikochi) in Cover.
Taking down a Holo is not small pickings no matter which one it is, it hurts the company too as you can see in this very thread...
If I had info which could get a talent terminated and I disliked Cover then I would definitely use it, remember that a lot of people who hate corpos see graduations as a good thing, both unicorns and twitter retards do. Unicorns wanna pull their oshis away from males and groom them and twittards just wanna exterminate corpos in general and have all vtubers be indie.

Last edited:

Limkin

Why every time someone graduated, everyone else has streams and collabs scheduled around that time, that they end up cancelling anyway, knowing full well they will not be able to do them? To make it less obvious until official announcement comes out. Having empty week with no announcement of going on a break is like waving a giant red flag "last scheduled stream is graduation announcement"

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
I'm glad that she's clarifying some rrats by posting "all parties settled amicably", to me this doesn't seem like when Rushia posted a twitter asking for fucking legal advice. Also I hope that she takes time off before deciding to either commit to casual ethoting or giving Vshojo a spin. Sakana this girl seems pretty sad, also you only hire beauties and Mel was by admission of everyone there the prettiest woman at hololive wink wink nudge nudge

frz

It's good to see she looked at Rushia's termination and decide to do literally everything but that, as she should.
Tbf Mel confided in and leaked shit to someone close to her.
Mikeneko was leaking shit to every news source/dramatubers i.e. random strangers.
Please do not lower Mikeneko's achievements :smugpipi:

Zyklon Mag

Looks like my Mel Weiß Schwarz cards are gonna go up in value. In all seriousness this sucks, I wish the best for her

Negzana

This hits close to home because same generation as Aki who considered graduation. Next stream Aki does gonna stomach all the e-celeb men in it just to support my oshi.

niggaphil

Tbf Mel confided in and leaked shit to someone close to her.
Mikeneko was leaking shit to every news source/dramatubers i.e. random strangers.
Please do not lower Mikeneko's achievements :smugpipi:
I don't think anyone could overthrow Mike cat or Zaion achievements in recent years :smugselen:

One is showing how Menhera could fuck her career up her arse, while the other is showing company that how not to fuck with your talents :smugselen:

frz

Dont know if im late but someone translated mel's mama sobbing mess of a stream.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
lotsapipol.png

Are you guys seriously reading all the shit we say lurker friends? Keep in mind most of what we say in this site is uninformed bullshit.
Also registrations spiked once again, drama really is the engine the asylum runs on...

niggaphil

View attachment 61688
Are you guys seriously reading all the shit we say lurker friends? Keep in mind most of what we say in this site is uninformed bullshit.
Also registrations spiked once again, drama really is the engine the asylum runs on...
To all of the guests who browse current thread: Please support Phase Connect, I strongly recommend my Romanian wife, Tenma Maemi. She is a funny Vtuber that would peg your arse :smugselen:

Last edited:

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband
Why every time someone graduated, everyone else has streams and collabs scheduled around that time, that they end up cancelling anyway, knowing full well they will not be able to do them? To make it less obvious until official announcement comes out. Having empty week with no announcement of going on a break is like waving a giant red flag "last scheduled stream is graduation announcement"
well they suspended vesper and magni while they were figuring shit out for them, and they soft suspended rushia while they were thinking what to do with the random amount of allegations of her contacting fans and while they also put out the announcement of "we don't interfere with our talent's personal life" which is why I'm saying they may have found out the day before they terminated her.

bothyourhouses

Nor does it imply that she wasn't given an alternative (and decided not to take it). You are making assumptions about her actions. You don't know if she simply acknowledged it or not.
I'm not assuming anything. People are reading that English translation and saying it means/hints that Cover offered her a way to continue and she turned them down, and the original Japanese doesn't say that (which doesn't mean it's impossible, but there's nothing that implies it in that announcement).
I could see pointing fingers at Cover with the mag and ves situation, since we got told absolutely squat and the corpo froze them for like a month with no explanation, this time it's pretty bloody cut and dried imo.
For me, not until we hear what kind of information it was, particularly with her past history. If it was "I'm performing x" or "so-and-so got sponsored by y" then yeah, termination completely justified. If it was "they've hired that fucker's best friend after all he did to me", or something else related to getting harassed by management, then less so. Given that she talks about it being in a mentally bad time, I'm still thinking something like that is a possibility.

Top Bottom