"Who wouldn't wanna screw a dragon? You would, chat"Selen Tatsuki

Termination of Yozora Mel

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
This is just bad faith at this point. Just say you want Yagoo to be the bad guy just as much as Riku.
Yagoo is, in fact, Japanese Hank Scorpio.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Yagoo is, in fact, Japanese Hank Scorpio.
1705486175824.png

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

MornLurker

Asylum's lurker
Early Adopter
Even if it were true, how would someone even go about proving this is anything but a rrat? I can't imagine the people saying this shit have any real proof of anything.

This reminds me of Tsukishita Kaoru's last stream, the day after that is just bam, a sudden termination announcement that no one expected at all

I'm a bit curious about the Kotoka connection but that would require digging through Rica's old connection and that's like casting a wide net because being in the old utaite circle means you could practically be in contact with any popular VTubers nowadays

Koronesuki

X-Potato

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Oof... so she confided in someone about something work-related when she was having issues? I guess that person somehow fucked her over then? That sucks...
Kinda sad that she got fucked over when she was vulnerable
That just makes this situation more sad...

Man...
:fishmandispair:

I hope this break she's taking does some good for her. Some time away from the Internet might be nice. Best wishes to her.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

going by this and her last stream listing what she wanted to do with every member in future collabs makes me think the one that snitched did it the day before she got the boot. she probably didn't even know what was happening until the company said to her someone told them she leaked things to them.

I've seen it mentioned she noted having a meeting in the morning, and I believe Mio mentioned they knew the day before? I think it went down over the weekend and that's really why Mel did that stream. It's possible things were all but finalized, but there might have been some out options. As much as "NDA breeches are bad", it kind of depends what the information is and who it involves.

Meh, I interpret that last stream as "she already knew and took the time to leave nice messages for everyone". These kinds of decisions are not done in a day, specially not with JP corpo autism.

She knew what the likely outcome was going to be, but there might have been some negotiating going on still.

well they suspended vesper and magni while they were figuring shit out for them, and they soft suspended rushia while they were thinking what to do with the random amount of allegations of her contacting fans and while they also put out the announcement of "we don't interfere with our talent's personal life" which is why I'm saying they may have found out the day before they terminated her.

Well, Vesper/Magni seemed to start as something else and rolled over to a contract negotiation issue. Rushia is a classic case of self-inflicted disaster. But the Mel issue seemed to have happened rapidly and been ended quickly as well.

To me this sounds like she vented to a close friend and instead of keeping it to themselves they decided to tell everyone
Its very vile to take advantage of someone thats its in a very vulnerable state but i guess she has this sorted out since she admitted the blame twice already and its deciding to take a mental health break instead of jumping back in action

It's most likely about HoloFes. She's still a Woman and she's in the bottom tier of the company. If she wasn't doing great, it's entirely possible she was venting to someone out of the company about specifics about the selections. It's also entirely possible that Mel just decided, when presented with options since the company needed to respond after they found out, that ending her time in HoloLive made more sense. Since HoloLive isn't her primary job, it's pretty easy to see the logic loop of "I messed up, this is a lot of work and I don't feel like I'm getting out of it what I want. And I'm exhausted, so it's time to just be done." While a Rrat, that fits the information given and human nature.

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
It's most likely about HoloFes. She's still a Woman and she's in the bottom tier of the company. If she wasn't doing great, it's entirely possible she was venting to someone out of the company about specifics about the selections. It's also entirely possible that Mel just decided, when presented with options since the company needed to respond after they found out, that ending her time in HoloLive made more sense. Since HoloLive isn't her primary job, it's pretty easy to see the logic loop of "I messed up, this is a lot of work and I don't feel like I'm getting out of it what I want. And I'm exhausted, so it's time to just be done." While a Rrat, that fits the information given and human nature.
Has Mel showed signs of her not being happy with the numbers she pulls? Like for Aki there was a rant she did long ago. Also, I remember someone saying that Mel actually reduces her PL activity to focus more on her Hololive gig starting 2023.

Idk she always gives me the impression of being happy where she is, just like Roboco (hopefully).

Limkin

Has Mel showed signs of her not being happy with the numbers she pulls?
No. It's all just people who are disappointed there is no juicy drama and scandal and trying to conjure it out of thin air. This is probably the most mild termination so far, both in terms of why and possible consequences. No one is trying to shift the blame onto each other, the reasons are quite clear and understandable, and no one's career gets thrown into a dumpster. Sure, she will have to make a U-turn because Mel started to slowly put more effort into Holo, but it didn't go full force yet either. Mentally I am sure it took a big toll on her with disappointing so many friends and having to cancel all the future plans, but financially she just got a huge amount of free time to spend on her main persona

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru
I've seen it mentioned she noted having a meeting in the morning, and I believe Mio mentioned they knew the day before? I think it went down over the weekend and that's really why Mel did that stream. It's possible things were all but finalized, but there might have been some out options. As much as "NDA breeches are bad", it kind of depends what the information is and who it involves.

She knew what the likely outcome was going to be, but there might have been some negotiating going on still.

Well, Vesper/Magni seemed to start as something else and rolled over to a contract negotiation issue. Rushia is a classic case of self-inflicted disaster. But the Mel issue seemed to have happened rapidly and been ended quickly as well.

IDK if she wanted to end her career like this she wouldnt go on a mental health break so i think this was never intended but i agree with the conclusion of her maybe talking to someone about it altough if it was about something like FES you would already have seen the leak around in Japanese boards.

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Has Mel showed signs of her not being happy with the numbers she pulls? Like for Aki there was a rant she did long ago. Also, I remember someone saying that Mel actually reduces her PL activity to focus more on her Hololive gig starting 2023.

Idk she always gives me the impression of being happy where she is, just like Roboco (hopefully).

I don't know of any signs, but there's also business realities always at play. And, at the end, these are professionals and they have a good bit of pride in their work. While it would fit the time frame of HoloFes, it could be something entirely trivial that sent her off. You just need something negative and a sudden Woman Moment, then we're right here.

IDK if she wanted to end her career like this she wouldnt go on a mental health break so i think this was never intended but i agree with the conclusion of her maybe talking to someone about it altough if it was about something like FES you would already have seen the leak around in Japanese boards.

It could have been a number of different things. It's either Internal Information or something Sponsor Related. It is important to remember Cover is a tech company and, who knows, maybe she ended up copy & pasting confidential technical information trying to explain why something wasn't working. Better known as the WarThunder Forum Effect.

SandySunDunes

>Mel leaked secret Hololive weapons development documents on the WarThunder forums
At last I truly see :tomorrow:

Negzana

/vt/ sea/spicmonkeys seem extra schizo since Mel was terminated. Must be the blood they smell. Short-circuites their australopithecan brains.

Cptn Snshn

Proctors least favorite child.
Early Adopter
/vt/ sea/spicmonkeys seem extra schizo since Mel was terminated. Must be the blood they smell. Short-circuites their australopithecan brains.
Australians are the only whites strong enough to put up with them, next time you see an ozzie buy that cunt a pint.

roktofferson

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.

Painting in the first few translations posted here = Cat

View attachment 61692

Things in the replies. Most likely a rrat

Hoo boy. If it was Kotoka then that thing she did with Sayu gets put on a very different light.

The shitstorm and seething that's going to happen... Proctor won't be able to sleep for a week.

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
There still isn't an ounce of evidence it was Kotoka so until someone comes up with actual proof, the only thing she's guilty of is bypassing nijisanji JPs byzantine casting process by applying to nijisanji EN.

Negzana

The person was definitely some unknown third party

-Aki is still playing with the VCR crew. I doubt it's any of them. Not a fan of e-celebs but it wasn't them
-Kson has no reason to sabotage Mel. Her issues with Cover was hers alone and I doubt she'd want to ruin other talents' careers just due to her own issues.
-Mel isn't the brightest tool in the shed but I highly doubt she would have ever confided with menhera queen Mikeneko. Plus Mikeneko is so stupid and insane she'd be vagueposting about it right now
-No reason to assume Kotoka

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
There still isn't an ounce of evidence it was Kotoka so until someone comes up with actual proof, the only thing she's guilty of is bypassing nijisanji JPs byzantine casting process by applying to nijisanji EN.
And throwing Zaion under the bus.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
The person was definitely some unknown third party

-Aki is still playing with the VCR crew. I doubt it's any of them. Not a fan of e-celebs but it wasn't them
-Kson has no reason to sabotage Mel. Her issues with Cover was hers alone and I doubt she'd want to ruin other talents' careers just due to her own issues.
-Mel isn't the brightest tool in the shed but I highly doubt she would have ever confided with menhera queen Mikeneko. Plus Mikeneko is so stupid and insane she'd be vagueposting about it right now
-No reason to assume Kotoka
Like all graduations, we will never know the full story, that's just how it is.

Top Bottom