"I've never had anything eaten out of me, I don't have any maggots or worms inside of me, don't worry"Fujikura Uruka

Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
This talk about the character's ownership is really funny to me when you contrast it with how RushiaNazunaNeko got a fancy OC model from VSJ and immediatly dropped it to skinwalk as an "OC do not steal" of one of her Holo outfits, i kinda hope Doki does the same with some of her Selen outfits (did i mention i thought the military outfit was cool)
It probably has to do with the fact they've been puppeteering a specific model for years makes it feel like it is more of an extension of themselves. For example, Lulu graduated and went onto fleshtubing as Misumi but a year after that she debuted her Unou model which is made by her art-mama from her time at Niji (Saine). I know Kson got her Live2D Model made by yaman (who did Coco's model) too.
I hear you, and I don't disagree, but also consider...

Stacked tomboys...
Everyone thought Elira and Selen were modest (at best, kinda like Amelia) until people looked into Kamameshi's previous works where it was shown that the dude just really likes big tidders covered in baggy clothes to make them look small. What I've been trying to get at here is that Selen's model was the Stacked Tomboy and Stacked Tomboys are peak.

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

屏幕截图 2024-02-12 043721.png

My goodness:kroniiphone:, nijisanji's total audiovisual figures are down at least 10% due to the spate of events in nijisanji in January

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
View attachment 63466

My goodness:kroniiphone:, nijisanji's total audiovisual figures are down at least 10% due to the spate of events in nijisanji in January

Hololive close to having 50% of the global market... :nenedance:

frz

View attachment 63466

Hate to rain on your parade but nijien gained 5% watch hours from december to january. Its nijijp seeing a massive drop -15%.
December saw a huge number buff for nijijp with vcr gta that's why it's so inflated.

That being said i havent seen lauren iroas and kanae being so low ever in chart. Kanae kinda took a break? Only streamed 8 times compare to his usual 24+ in january.
Wonder what the fuck happened to lauren though. His viewership is uncharacteristically low. February chart will look worse though

Bug Eater

Also, don't confuse income with net profit. Merch costs money to design, make, pack, and ship.

Yeah that thread is obvious bait, but IIRC it's possible to track the sales numbers on some platforms because there's a maximum amount of each item that you can add to your basket, which will decrease as people buy more. No idea if those figures are actually legit but they seem somewhat believable (would also explain why she had to delay the Lunar New Year merch + hire a couple of extra helpers).

While I'm on the topic of number homosexuality, her first members only post on YT currently has 3.2k likes (not sure if any sites tracked the gifted memberships but I'd guess the real number is a bit higher). I'd imagine she's very relieved with the amount of support she's been getting, it must be pretty terrifying having to start over like this.

Koronesuki

X-Potato
It probably has to do with the fact they've been puppeteering a specific model for years makes it feel like it is more of an extension of themselves. For example, Lulu graduated and went onto fleshtubing as Misumi but a year after that she debuted her Unou model which is made by her art-mama from her time at Niji (Saine). I know Kson got her Live2D Model made by yaman (who did Coco's model) too.
Kson's vtuber model just looks like an anime version of herself, so that probably helps too in her case.

NuPerezzorcjunmunospolkos

Certified Autist
I'm really concerned that Doki is just high off mania right now and that it could get really upsetting when she crashes from it.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I'm really concerned that Doki is just high off mania right now and that it could get really upsetting when she crashes from it.
gotta have faith on her shrink and the fact that she is being tardwrangled by someone who tardwrangled XQC, surely a BPD hoe is less autistic than XQC

Tubedude

At least there was little over a month between her attempt and the termination. Also during that month she lawyered up and starting seeing a shrink as previously said. She's probably still not in the best of headspaces, but likely is miles better than where she was at the end of December.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

gotta have faith on her shrink and the fact that she is being tardwrangled by someone who tardwrangled XQC, surely a BPD hoe is less autistic than XQC
It's been only a week. Now is the time to push as hard as possible while riding the controversy high and the massive popularity wave. She can rest later, right now she should make her base as large as possible.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers

Murrayしないで

Just go live!

Yes, hopefully she understands that the current numbers are partially due to a wave of dramafriends like me who probably aren't going to convert to regular watchers and she should expect her normal CCV to be 5-10% of what she had on Wednesday. She's been in this game long enough that I would hope she understands that, but who knows.

It's really interesting to compare Sayu still tiptoeing around her previous identity and still playing the "my friend" game whereas Doki is just loudly clomping around in rainboots, all but shouting the name "Selen" from the rooftops. I wonder if it's a matter of personality, or of contracts - maybe since Selen joined so much earlier, her contract wasn't as strict as Zaion's.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
It's really interesting to compare Sayu still tiptoeing around her previous identity and still playing the "my friend" game whereas Doki is just loudly clomping around in rainboots, all but shouting the name "Selen" from the rooftops. I wonder if it's a matter of personality, or of contracts - maybe since Selen joined so much earlier, her contract wasn't as strict as Zaion's.
Confidence comes from having a legal consel couching, knowing so or dont of corporate life due to knowing inner working of niji and having worked somewhat with EA, and also cause pandering to drama people worked surprisingly well so far.
Simple terms: she can get away with it, and it brings her sponsors, partners, viewers and dosh.

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
First Dokibird schedule!

Archive

Edit: Bonus cow tweet:

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

I'm glad to see she's getting back into a grind on her own terms. Doki is definitely far more of a self-starter, which might ultimately what led to such disastrous times under AnyColor.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.
I'm glad to see she's getting back into a grind on her own terms. Doki is definitely far more of a self-starter, which might ultimately what led to such disastrous times under AnyColor.
"Huwat!? You rike to organizu eventsu for the benefit of za company, Seren? Harry, terminatu her assu!!!"
- Riku "Yacht Fucker" Tazumi.

thirteenorphans

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom