Termination of Selen Tatsuki and the Glorious Revival of Dokibird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I will take a moment to don my serious hat and say that the IR thing REALLY pissed me off, if you couldn't notice.
With this whole topic I've remained mostly joke-y because 1. I wanna liven the mood and make people have a chuckle even if the situation is so undeniably SHIT and 2. because as a person who has never once in their life sat down to watch a single Niji stream I don't feel like it's my place to sanctimoniously admonish the corpo when my corpo of choice may have the same issues.

That said, I think we have reached a point where you could tell me Niji will graduate all EN livers tomorrow and I'd believe you.
The IR shit shows a facet of Niji that's just disgusting to me, Niji isn't just being petty or draconian or incompetent like Holo often is when they fuck up. This stuff is actively malicious, they are squirreling away their issues and trying to blame their talents and using them as escape goats, they are lying to both their fans and shareholders to keep up appearances even when shit is going down and everyone knows it. They are actively hiding away glaring issues with their methodology and internals even with people's jobs on the line. This isn't "Oh they were too vague in the graduation notice" or "One of the talents complained once on stream", this shit is bleeding talents by the handful, spiteful notices, blaming the talent and most of all KNOWING IT IS HAPPENING, WHY IT'S HAPPENING, DOING NOTHING AND THEN LYING ABOUT IT, the smug fucking tone of telling the shareholders that it's no biggie, that shit drives me up the wall.

It is the most shameless and dishonorable thing to do, it is more befitting of a five year old lying to their parents than a multi-million dollar company who's driving an entire industry.

I don't think hiring some new overseas manager is gonna fix anything, this rot runs deep and it isn't regional managers who write shareholder reports. It's just such a "mask off" moment that I have never seen from Holo for example. I have never hated Niji, I mainly just disliked people like scuddle being all smug and superior about numberfag shit but this crap is just crossing the line, it reeks of "we don't give a single shit anymore" and a total disregard for their entire fanbase revolting. The whole reddit thing is also a terrible look, like whoever is in charge either gave up on it, got purged or was told not to bother.

I don't understand why people are so obsessed with finding misbehaving livers, one bitch or another wouldn't have caused all of this, more so in a corpo which doesn't do as many mandatory group activities as Holo and where livers are free to collab with whomever they want.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
Takes a different kind of autism to appreciate it, but then again about 90% of the time I've got a stream on it's background noise while I'm doing something else anyway and if I'm going to be listening to something I'd rather it be something I don't have to pay attention to because I already know what's going on.
It's really just that it's Baldur's Gate 3 and I really wasn't a fan of the game (also like 3-4 sessions a week), I think I've watched about 8 different Halo:CE playthroughs in the past couple months and it never phased me. I know she's playing Mass Effect now and plan to check out the vods for that, maybe I'll settle back into watching her more often.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Archiving isn't working for anything (for me anyway).

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist
I will take a moment to don my serious hat and say that the IR thing REALLY pissed me off, if you couldn't notice.
With this whole topic I've remained mostly joke-y because 1. I wanna liven the mood and make people have a chuckle even if the situation is so undeniably SHIT and 2. because as a person who has never once in their life sat down to watch a single Niji stream I don't feel like it's my place to sanctimoniously admonish the corpo when my corpo of choice may have the same issues.

That said, I think we have reached a point where you could tell me Niji will graduate all EN livers tomorrow and I'd believe you.
The IR shit shows a facet of Niji that's just disgusting to me, Niji isn't just being petty or draconian or incompetent like Holo often is when they fuck up. This stuff is actively malicious, they are squirreling away their issues and trying to blame their talents and using them as escape goats, they are lying to both their fans and shareholders to keep up appearances even when shit is going down and everyone knows it. They are actively hiding away glaring issues with their methodology and internals even with people's jobs on the line. This isn't "Oh they were too vague in the graduation notice" or "One of the talents complained once on stream", this shit is bleeding talents by the handful, spiteful notices, blaming the talent and most of all KNOWING IT IS HAPPENING, WHY IT'S HAPPENING, DOING NOTHING AND THEN LYING ABOUT IT, the smug fucking tone of telling the shareholders that it's no biggie, that shit drives me up the wall.

It is the most shameless and dishonorable thing to do, it is more befitting of a five year old lying to their parents than a multi-million dollar company who's driving an entire industry.

I don't think hiring some new overseas manager is gonna fix anything, this rot runs deep and it isn't regional managers who write shareholder reports. It's just such a "mask off" moment that I have never seen from Holo for example. I have never hated Niji, I mainly just disliked people like scuddle being all smug and superior about numberfag shit but this crap is just crossing the line, it reeks of "we don't give a single shit anymore" and a total disregard for their entire fanbase revolting. The whole reddit thing is also a terrible look, like whoever is in charge either gave up on it, got purged or was told not to bother.

I don't understand why people are so obsessed with finding misbehaving livers, one bitch or another wouldn't have caused all of this, more so in a corpo which doesn't do as many mandatory group activities as Holo and where livers are free to collab with whomever they want.

Yeah, an IR notice like that goes through someone on the C-suite. It's rotten all the way to the core.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security
Right, so this is the first time I've actually caught up with thread end between watching this thread, Twitter, /vt/, and streams/essays talking about it. I know plenty of people have already talked about this, but I want to put some thoughts out.

1) I didn't think Niji would be dumb enough to do another "Crimes Of Zaion" list. I figured they would have learned from last time and just released the worst thing she did (which we can all agree is technically right) and say she got fired for encouraging the Content Piracy. Lo and behold they couldn't fucking help themselves.

2) Nijisanji opened the fucking floodgates by implying there was some kind of bullying going on in their document. I can't tell if it was an ESL thing, but there's no way to tell if the "bullying claims" was implied to be from management or another talent, but that was such a giant damn mistake on their part I cannot believe it. It's laid the groundwork for Selen/Doki to have many of her claims to be wholesale believed without the need for any proof.

Public sentiment is so strongly in Selen's favor nothing short of hard evidence that "Selen was secretly a massive bitchcunt behind the scenes" will stop this. But that kind of attitude is almost impossible to cover forever, and the truth will eventually be out. On top if that, it would fly completely in the face of literally every single other bit of testimony talking about how much of a massive sweetheart she is.

3) Right now, the people who should be angriest in this entire circus are the NijisanjiEN livers that remain that were innocent of everything that's gone on. ESPECIALLY the two new gens Krisis and TTT. The completely psychotic and negligent handling of this by management has created an environment where enraged fans are on a wild hunt for a villain within the ranks. And it has made life miserable for every single liver right now.
sometimes I love /vt/
People are memeing on the response already.
image.png

2chan appears to be cooking too.
1707287536065477.png

Bro did NOT just do that, this is a fever dream
have somee shitty OC
View attachment 63059
I prefer this one personally

Since you want to watch both, the best thing to check out is this famous Apex collab between them. Despite the game choice, it's absolutely hilarious.
I'd also recommend the Minecraft series where they got lost and were trying to make their way back to home base. That shit was great too.

Final thought, this just cropped up on /vt/. @Nenélove I know you're a law fag. Mind checking this out and seeing what you think? Or anyone else with law knowledge?

image.png

1707288013334303.png

The Rratarded Alt

Rat-girl Idol Connoisseur

A

@Kyouko hey, retard, if you want to watch the whole video and come back and legitimately try and say Enna is implying she is taking a side, I posted it earlier in the thread and there is even an auto-generated transcript:

In my defense, I think Millie and Enna are just that dumb.
Transcription by DaVinci Resolve Subtitle Generator, it probably won't understand everything as she has an accent. If you find something, point it out so I can find it on video.
https://files.catbox.moe/qwfobm.txt

Upon quick inspection, the first quote isn't here.

Even then, the clip 4chan posted is a whole lot of nothing, even without the context. How about deciding for yourself instead of letting /vt/ decide it for you?

Last edited:

Bob from accounting

Bear Enjoyer
This is hitting Springtime for Hitler levels of self sabotage. I am genuinely curious if this is intentional because it makes no sense for Nijisanji to be this incompetent. I thought surely they're going to lay low and not do anything dumber. So now we have a 'negligible impact' meme. This feels like something future people in PR are going to have to study so they know what NOT to do.

Kalion

:)

The Rratarded Alt

This is hitting Springtime for Hitler levels of self sabotage. I am genuinely curious if this is intentional because it makes no sense for Nijisanji to be this incompetent. I thought surely they're going to lay low and not do anything dumber. So now we have a 'negligible impact' meme. This feels like something future people in PR are going to have to study so they know what NOT to do.
My new rrat is they are trying to tank their stock prices so they can buy the company back enough to get off the market.
:baeJam:

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
I'm going to bed now. Instead of somebody graduating, I am going to simply hope that Nijistock falls another 5% while I'm out.
Inb4 Vox resigns. Haven't seen him stream in a while.

I dont get it what is it with these girls thinking that they will lose everything. Even people like Rushia didn't lose everything. Sure they lost a whole lot, but still ended up in a farily comfortable position. Even the most malicious Niji bitch will gain a following once she leaves or gets fired.

Since you want to watch both, the best thing to check out is this famous Apex collab between them. Despite the game choice, it's absolutely hilarious.
I never cared much about Apex until I watched the first Selen + Bobon collab. That was what got me into watching Niji. Stream was about 6 hours long and I watched the whole damn thing. Funniest shit ever.

I'm gonna be an asshole here but bear with me

DO THESE BITCHES DON'T UNDERSTAND THE BUSINESS THEY'RE IN? HOLY SHIT

I thought it was just commie speak but I'm starting to believe they cannot understand business. You join the company and you only exist until you don't. They can't keep your output alive because it might be a nightmare legally speaking when it comes to revenue and royalties. The compromise is always to erase the character so no one can claim anything in the future once they part ways, amicably or not.
I feel for selen but girl, they were going to memory hole you regardless how you left the company.
I agree with you but I dont think you are 100% right. Past life discussion is not taboo anymore. Faggots like False now openly talks about past life shit and even links to new accounts whenever vtubers graduate or rebrand. Interesting because they hated DN for doing it (inb4 paywall). PL and New Account discussion taboo are a thing of the past. Given how easy it is for companies to fuck talents over and just unperson them, it is in the public's best interest to talk and discuss that shit openly and luckily the discussions moved in that direction (and not against it).

Bothers me that they dont understand that it doesnt matter how or in what terms they leave the company (look at Oceanne from Kawaii Gen 3) they will still have a following.

Jesus. I feel like this might be the biggest "debut" stream in EN when it comes to viewership.

The IR shit is hilarious to me given how wrong it is. At this point they are just blatantly lying to their investors.

How to fix the issue? Talk to the talents privately and have them rank the managers. The useless ones get instantly cut. Investigate the bullying and if there was any actual evidence of people doing it, also cut them off. Consider opening EN as its own separate branch based in US to fix or bypass the whole retarded perm issue they have. This means that also shit like song releases wont have all the heavy tape and bullshit. Hire competent managers and if you dont have any fucking train them. Also win back the community by apologizing for shit.

Selen getting terminated was the only course for Niji to take given her actions. I honestly dont get people that might defend Selen's position in the company. I havent seen people argue for it but to me it feels like people are just not understanding things. It seems to me that people are angry that she got fired, and not at all the reasons that lead to her getting fired. Atleast thats what im getting at. Hell even during Proctor's stream yesterday, Pipkun was arguing about the legal aspect and he was 100% right but again I think that is not the issue. Zaion got shit-canned 1 year ago and she was calling all of this shit out. The fact that it took a full year for shit to get to the boiling point and just blowing over is shocking to me.

Want to get good with the people. Start by changing the termination notice and taking responsibility for all the stupid shit you messed up that caused for things to be like that. Be more transparent with your talents and let them be more transparent with the viewers. "We cant post the song because of X or Y reason"..... shit like that will go a long way with the public. People will be mad but alteast they will understand the reasoning behind it all.

But im just being an optimistic femboy because its a JP company and they will NEVER do that. They would rather gut the whole branch and push the talents into graduating slowly (as they did with ID) before they admit and wrongdoing on their part. They have to save face.

Doki's model is pretty old and a bit bland compared to models now-a-days. I think she should be spiteful and comission a new dragon vtuber with heterochromia similar to what Rushia did when she got her Mikeneko model made by the same artist that made the Rushia one.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Right, so this is the first time I've actually caught up with thread end between watching this thread, Twitter, /vt/, and streams/essays talking about it. I know plenty of people have already talked about this, but I want to put some thoughts out.

1) I didn't think Niji would be dumb enough to do another "Crimes Of Zaion" list. I figured they would have learned from last time and just released the worst thing she did (which we can all agree is technically right) and say she got fired for encouraging the Content Piracy. Lo and behold they couldn't fucking help themselves.

2) Nijisanji opened the fucking floodgates by implying there was some kind of bullying going on in their document. I can't tell if it was an ESL thing, but there's no way to tell if the "bullying claims" was implied to be from management or another talent, but that was such a giant damn mistake on their part I cannot believe it. It's laid the groundwork for Selen/Doki to have many of her claims to be wholesale believed without the need for any proof.

Public sentiment is so strongly in Selen's favor nothing short of hard evidence that "Selen was secretly a massive bitchcunt behind the scenes" will stop this. But that kind of attitude is almost impossible to cover forever, and the truth will eventually be out. On top if that, it would fly completely in the face of literally every single other bit of testimony talking about how much of a massive sweetheart she is.

3) Right now, the people who should be angriest in this entire circus are the NijisanjiEN livers that remain that were innocent of everything that's gone on. ESPECIALLY the two new gens Krisis and TTT. The completely psychotic and negligent handling of this by management has created an environment where enraged fans are on a wild hunt for a villain within the ranks. And it has made life miserable for every single liver right now.

image.png

1707287536065477.png

I'd also recommend the Minecraft series where they got lost and were trying to make their way back to home base. That shit was great too.

Final thought, this just cropped up on /vt/. @Nenélove I know you're a law fag. Mind checking this out and seeing what you think? Or anyone else with law knowledge?

image.png

1707288013334303.png

Pretty much standard fare for most of the western world, my country has similar labor laws even being a completely different system, though canada as a wannabe soycialist state is rather harsh on companies. I'm not too well versed in labor (more of an international guy) but yeah Selen could? potentially sue here though in all honesty it's not worth it, unless she had a very big amount of evidence of severe company misconduct this is probably just gonna drag out forever, even if she does win in the end she'd waste more time and money than she'd get out of it.

All in all, I have too little info and knowledge to say anything concise. Now that I think of it does Niji even have any presence in Canada? Idk where jurisdiction even lies in this case tbh... in the worst case she will have to settle for suing in japan, not canada, which changes everything. The anon is correct in saying that Niji is totally breaching labor codes in canada, but if they have no presence then usually there is nothing that canadian courts can do against a japanese company unless both countries have some sort of treaty which I don't know of.

Last edited:

sbm

Early Adopter
Archivist

image.png

1707287536065477.png

image.png

1707288013334303.png

She has to be considered an employee for that to apply. The BC Employment Standards Act is very clear that it doesn't apply to independent contractors. Of course whether an agency vtuber truly is a contractor has never been tested to my knowledge. In Canada/BC there's no single test for this. Courts The Tribunal would do discovery, and figure out where she counts based a set of common law principles.

Canadian courts have consistently ruled that musicians under record deals are not employees, for example, despite factors such as exclusivity. But on the other hand if the company had significant control over how she did her work, or if the way they handled money were certain ways, it's not impossible. Basically there would need to be a significant number of factors at play one way or the other.

I found this list on a case law article:
  1. whether the worker provides their own equipment, tools and supplies;
  2. whether the worker hires their own employees or sub-contractors;
  3. the degree of financial risk taken by the worker;
  4. the degree of responsibility for investment and management held by the worker, and the worker’s opportunity for profit in the performance of their tasks;
  5. whether the worker has a high degree of freedom in the manner in which the services contracted for are provided to the company;
  6. whether the worker sets their own hours;
  7. whether the worker has the ability to work for several companies or competitors;
  8. whether the worker is an incorporated business, invoices the company, remits GST and is paid without deductions for EI and CPP;
  9. whether the worker is hired for a set time or specific project; and
  10. whether the terms of the agreement state the worker is an independent contractor
Multiple of these need apply to consider someone a contractor rather than an employee.

Last edited:

The Rratarded Alt

I dont get it what is it with these girls thinking that they will lose everything. Even people like Rushia didn't lose everything. Sure they lost a whole lot, but still ended up in a farily comfortable position. Even the most malicious Niji bitch will gain a following once she leaves or gets fired.
She has BPD likely lost all rational thought when she lost $15k to a bunch of retarded part-time managers. Former members have said the company makes them feel like they are nothing without them, part of that is keeping their play buttons to themselves. Her Youtube account was at 9k two days ago. She probably thought she'd lose everything and fade into obscurity with termination looming over her head. Rational people do not attempt suicide.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
She has BPD likely lost all rational thought when she lost $15k to a bunch of retarded part-time managers. Former members have said the company makes them feel like they are nothing without them, part of that is keeping their play buttons to themselves. Her Youtube account was at 9k two days ago. She probably thought she'd lose everything and fade into obscurity with termination looming over her head. Rational people do not attempt suicide.
Something I feel doesn't get brough up enough when people bring up the 15k on the MV is she'd also paid for the TSB custom prizes and for her B-day concert including a couple of the chibi models for those who didn't have them yet.

Not defending her absolutely terrible financial planning but it further explains where her head was at as she was very low on funds.

UberSoldat

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
She has to be considered an employee for that to apply. The BC Employment Standards Act is very clear that it doesn't apply to independent contractors. Of course whether an agency vtuber truly is a contractor has never been tested to my knowledge. In Canada/BC there's no single test for this. Courts The Tribunal would do discovery, and figure out where she counts based a set of common law principles.

Canadian courts have consistently ruled that musicians under record deals are not employees, for example, despite factors such as exclusivity. But on the other hand if the company had significant control over how she did her work, or if the way they handled money were certain ways, it's not impossible. Basically there would need to be a significant number of factors at play one way or the other.

I found this list on a case law article:
  1. whether the worker provides their own equipment, tools and supplies;
  2. whether the worker hires their own employees or sub-contractors;
  3. the degree of financial risk taken by the worker;
  4. the degree of responsibility for investment and management held by the worker, and the worker’s opportunity for profit in the performance of their tasks;
  5. whether the worker has a high degree of freedom in the manner in which the services contracted for are provided to the company;
  6. whether the worker sets their own hours;
  7. whether the worker has the ability to work for several companies or competitors;
  8. whether the worker is an incorporated business, invoices the company, remits GST and is paid without deductions for EI and CPP;
  9. whether the worker is hired for a set time or specific project; and
  10. whether the terms of the agreement state the worker is an independent contractor
Multiple of these need apply to consider someone a contractor rather than an employee.
The contractor thing really does seem like such a loophole lol, check your fucking contracts people.

reinigen

Dang it
Ward Security

frz

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

image.png

1707287536065477.png

image.png

1707288013334303.png

Someone also needs to suggest the Human Right's Commission. Because you know there's going to be some Jap-Chi issues and part of me just wants to see the Chaos.

Inb4 Vox resigns. Haven't seen him stream in a while.

I never cared much about Apex until I watched the first Selen + Bobon collab. That was what got me into watching Niji. Stream was about 6 hours long and I watched the whole damn thing. Funniest shit ever.

I agree with you but I dont think you are 100% right. Past life discussion is not taboo anymore. Faggots like False now openly talks about past life shit and even links to new accounts whenever vtubers graduate or rebrand. Interesting because they hated DN for doing it (inb4 paywall). PL and New Account discussion taboo are a thing of the past. Given how easy it is for companies to fuck talents over and just unperson them, it is in the public's best interest to talk and discuss that shit openly and luckily the discussions moved in that direction (and not against it).

Bothers me that they dont understand that it doesnt matter how or in what terms they leave the company (look at Oceanne from Kawaii Gen 3) they will still have a following.

Jesus. I feel like this might be the biggest "debut" stream in EN when it comes to viewership.

The IR shit is hilarious to me given how wrong it is. At this point they are just blatantly lying to their investors.

How to fix the issue? Talk to the talents privately and have them rank the managers. The useless ones get instantly cut. Investigate the bullying and if there was any actual evidence of people doing it, also cut them off. Consider opening EN as its own separate branch based in US to fix or bypass the whole retarded perm issue they have. This means that also shit like song releases wont have all the heavy tape and bullshit. Hire competent managers and if you dont have any fucking train them. Also win back the community by apologizing for shit.

Selen getting terminated was the only course for Niji to take given her actions. I honestly dont get people that might defend Selen's position in the company. I havent seen people argue for it but to me it feels like people are just not understanding things. It seems to me that people are angry that she got fired, and not at all the reasons that lead to her getting fired. Atleast thats what im getting at. Hell even during Proctor's stream yesterday, Pipkun was arguing about the legal aspect and he was 100% right but again I think that is not the issue. Zaion got shit-canned 1 year ago and she was calling all of this shit out. The fact that it took a full year for shit to get to the boiling point and just blowing over is shocking to me.

Want to get good with the people. Start by changing the termination notice and taking responsibility for all the stupid shit you messed up that caused for things to be like that. Be more transparent with your talents and let them be more transparent with the viewers. "We cant post the song because of X or Y reason"..... shit like that will go a long way with the public. People will be mad but alteast they will understand the reasoning behind it all.

But im just being an optimistic femboy because its a JP company and they will NEVER do that. They would rather gut the whole branch and push the talents into graduating slowly (as they did with ID) before they admit and wrongdoing on their part. They have to save face.

Doki's model is pretty old and a bit bland compared to models now-a-days. I think she should be spiteful and comission a new dragon vtuber with heterochromia similar to what Rushia did when she got her Mikeneko model made by the same artist that made the Rushia one.

Vtubing rapidly went from the Luchador Model to the Worked Shoot model super fast.

Doesn't strike me as BPD. OCD-type with social anxiety, sure. That said, suicide isn't what it generally is made out to be. It's the "out" to the person's own mind/body being in extreme anguish. It's actually deeply tied to specific hormonal regulation factors. In a short version, suicides happen because the person looses the ability to remove the thought of suicide from their head. Attempts to remove the deeply negative thoughts escalates.

One subtlety, for women, is it gets tied in with "no one understands me" logic loops. The attempts actually are cries for help because the ability to communicate the issue is compromised.

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom