"We're going to be smelling anime girl pussy today"Lia Rinkou

Nijisanji L Collection

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I was actually asking a genuine question cause i thought they were the only ones to not have a booth there out of the big companies.
Damn... I though you were making a sarcastic assertion... that's what I'd do :SelenHAHAhere:

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I think now the major drama is dying down, it's going to be things like this that cause a "death by a thousand cuts" situation for NijiEN. On it's own a dropped convention appearance isn't exactly a career-ender, but it is yet another thing to demotivate the talents after they've lost countless subscribers, paying members, sponsors, merch partnerships, fanartists etc. in such a short period of time, primarily because of the company's reputation - along with the knowledge that any opportunities they do manage to come upon could end at any moment if enough antis tweet about the Selen stuff to the right people.

I don't think we're gonna see some huge final yab to put the branch out of commission, but I can see some of the talents graduating and others just playing it safe causing it to fade into irrelevance.

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Is offkai that profitable? How many people even go there?
In merch alone, probably not (also niji doesn't have good merch). Back in the day I looked into potentially going to a convention and doing the meetup thing and it was like 60 bucks a minute or something? Let's assume three people there for a single hour, that's about ten grand with not much input. More income than some of NijiEN's most financially profitable streams, might I add. If they have multiple sessions or are there for longer it's more. And again, it's not just the immediate cost, but the fact that this may scare off convention organizers from hosting them in the future, which is more money pissed away. Not a death knell, but cetainly not negligible for Niji OR the livers, who will feel it much more.

EDIT: Also this looks terrible for the company's image and potentially its stock, much more so than the PC case thing or a few twitter artists complaining.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Is offkai that profitable? How many people even go there?
They are likely profitable. I've seen similar cons that don't charge entrance fees and just have mostly randoms buying booth space. From what we could see, Offkai didn't have any attendance issues.

Idol was the big sponsor of last year's offkai while charging entrance fees and selling booth space, so they were definitely profitable. I don't know if they're sponsoring his year as well. The issue with OffKai last year was that Idol was labeled as the big sponsor but Fish came in, threw a bunch of coffee around, and everyone talked about Phase instead of Idol. Fish also appeared to bring his own people to help with setup at the con, so the con likely saved money by having Fish help with labor. Funny enough, now that Niji got the boot, Phase is now the top dog at the con again.

EDIT: Didn't read the context, thought you meant Offkai as itself. In regards to the Niji talents, it likely is. Meet'n'greets are huge money makers for everyone but the bigger streamers that just have superchats constantly rolling in.

So it isn't a massive income loss because some of them will make up some of that just streaming normally but it is definitely not
mininegligible.png

Last edited:

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
I was actually asking a genuine question cause i thought they were the only ones to not have a booth there out of the big companies.
I don't think Hololive have made a single appearance in Off-Kai, whether it be booth or guest appearance.

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
How absolutely unnecessary to announce this today then.
So they make the decision when the situation was still fresh and developing, don't announce it and instead wait two weeks, announcing it just when things start to mellow out again coinciding with drama about you turning other guests away.

Almost makes me think they want to stir shit and ride the waves for marketing.
Could be a case of hashing out announcement details with Nijisanji, and we all know how Nijisanji likes to drag its feet when it comes to approval. I'm going to give the con more leeway on this, since organization backlog happens a lot in this kind of thing.

Tubedude

Lmao Niji got booted from Offkai

Gonna be honest, even if it is a lost opportunity, just think of all the bullshit the talents would have thrown at them, especially since two who are heavily rrat'd to be part of 'the clique' would be there. Probably ultimately for the better for them with the cancellation/pull out.

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
It's the right call. From what I have seen anyway, it's not really a big corpo event anyway, usually the small ones and indies pop up there. OffKai should have still announced the cancellation earlier than they did though, if that was possible of course.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Do you think they were told about this cancellation in advance, or did they have to wake up and see it on twitter?:smugpipi:

Smartassery aside that's gotta hurt at least a little bit. I would say it seems strange to have held off if you knew for 2 weeks, but then I remembered 2 weeks ago the fire was still going pretty wild. Being in NijiEn at this point must feel like permanantly being the kid left in the rain at soccer practice. What events are you even allowed to be in that don't get canceled? I'm half expecting someone's graduation to get canceled at this point and they just say "X cannot have a graduation stream because they didn't have perms to stream as themselves. As such their upcoming stream has been denied and their channel and content will be deleted in 20 minutes. Thank you for your understanding."

Gonna be honest, even if it is a lost opportunity, just think of all the bullshit the talents would have thrown at them, especially since two who are heavily rrat'd to be part of 'the clique' would be there. Probably ultimately for the better for them with the cancellation/pull out.
As fun as it is to make fun of it, I do actually see how they could feel that way. Showing up and getting shit on by people while trying to have a good time with fans or whatever would probably feel a lot worse than just giving up on being there in the first place.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I don't think Hololive have made a single appearance in Off-Kai, whether it be booth or guest appearance.
They haven't. Probably due to lack of interest from the company itself. Holo shows up at bigger, non-vtuber centric cons and hosts its own anyways so not a big deal.

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
I don't think we're gonna see some huge final yab to put the branch out of commission
We already saw the final yab, it was Selen's termination, and while the huge explosion may be long over, the fires still rage, and this is one of the results of that. Offkai may not be huge in of itself, but if I were involved with Niji I would be terrified to see this happen. If cons keep turning away Niji at the door, for whatever reasons they come up with, that is seriously going to cut into their reputation, and potentially even their profits. Such a shame, too, because things seemed to finally be cooling off after a couple weeks, but now someone's gone and poured gasoline on the fire. Oh well, at least I get to laugh at Niji's misfortune again! :dokibirdWhat:

The talents definitely suffer the worst here. Not just these three (although it would definitely suck to be them right now), but all other Niji talents who could potentially expect to be booted from cons for reasons outside of their control. I agree this was ultimately the right call, because you just know some guy is going to try and start something, which is a much bigger deal in-person at a convention than it is on Twitter, but it still sucks.

I would say it seems strange to have held off if you knew for 2 weeks, but then I remembered 2 weeks ago the fire was still going pretty wild.
Two weeks ago would put their decision close to the time of the infamous Elira stream, which is sufficient reason to block them when factored in with the all-out war that ensued, but I have a sneaking suspicion False actually did one-guy them. After all, if this decision was made weeks ago, why not announce it weeks ago and ride high off the mountains of asspats they'd get for it? Furthermore, if it really had nothing to do with False's (weak) accusations, why announce it on the same day he made said accusations? They couldn't even wait 24 hours to break the news. I think they saw False's tweet, panicked, and decided to throw Niji under the bus as they had pretty much everything to gain by doing it. It would be rather unprofessional, but I don't think that's an issue for the people who run this event. It would be hilarious if False is actually to blame, especially after Niji tried killing his channel in the past, but God forbid he tries pulling this shit on any company that isn't the easiest target in the world, like Hololive. That is going to be a shitshow of untold proportions.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Two weeks ago would put their decision close to the time of the infamous Elira stream, which is sufficient reason to block them when factored in with the all-out war that ensued, but I have a sneaking suspicion False actually did one-guy them. After all, if this decision was made weeks ago, why not announce it weeks ago and ride high off the mountains of asspats they'd get for it? Furthermore, if it really had nothing to do with False's (weak) accusations, why announce it on the same day he made said accusations? They couldn't even wait 24 hours to break the news. I think they saw False's tweet, panicked, and decided to throw Niji under the bus as they had pretty much everything to gain by doing it. It would be rather unprofessional, but I don't think that's an issue for the people who run this event. It would be hilarious if False is actually to blame, especially after Niji tried killing his channel in the past, but God forbid he tries pulling this shit on any company that isn't the easiest target in the world, like Hololive. That is going to be a shitshow of untold proportions.
That point makes sense to me, but at the same time if Hololive isn't even glancing your way it's possible you would stall making a final decision until more information is settled. One of the big two companies doesn't actually care about you enough to show up, so hoping the other is still showing up might be reason enough while hoping you'll get traffic from it. Of course things only got worse until they finally shut the fuck up which gives them more to work off.

Although the idea of him having one guy'd them is pretty funny. Frankly it wouldn't totally surprise me because regardless of how gay dramafags are they're still held in better regard than pretty much all of us by normie types. So false bringing it up could easily have made them hardline the decision before adding a * to it to cover their ass a little.

Negzana

No matter where I go, no matter where I read

I can't escape.PNG

Azehara

!!Foot Dox Confirmed!!
Early Adopter
This is always something that struck me as odd about Niji. They've always been in such a hurry to try and expand their reach inside of Japan and outside of their sphere of influence and will drop a (relatively) large amount of money on debuts, models, and art, but it never really goes anywhere when you compare it to Hololive, Phase Connect, or even VShojo. Just look at the merch options; Nijisanji always comes in dead last with stuff that looks like it was manufactured in a low-end sweatshop with no effort put into it. It's this inaction and sheer dedication to penny pinching that's played no small part in the eradication or decline of their non-JP branches.
Niji has only produced the shittiest and most cost effective merch. Only when its a merch collab with another company do they do anything interesting or unique. Also the large money on debuts is a myth. According to Sayu, debuts are all funded by the talents. All they ever fund is the models and the song.

In Japan on the ANIMATE store (character goods store) they had 4 stands of Niji Merch (1 was for NijiEN) and it was all keychains and acrylic stands. Holo was similar but holo had figures and plushies and other shit too.

People seem to forget how much of a mess OffKai 2023 was. It was definitely serviceable as a con but it was incredibly poorly managed.
Yup. From staff being incompetent and creepy. To the audio guy fucking things up during the concerts to even simple shit like Internet being worthless and people not being able to livestream or do the fan meetups properly because shit kept getting disconnected.

Also this
1709613008843.png

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
From staff being incompetent and creepy.

Well, here's hoping Nyaru's plan for Offkai goes smoothly. She better not touch Pippa inappropriately during one of her meetup.

Clown Penis

Dizzy "Elf Pride Worldwide" Dokuro
Early Adopter

Well, here's hoping Nyaru's plan for Offkai goes smoothly. She better not touch Pippa inappropriately during one of her meetup.

Nyaru seems like the kind of girl who is probably into having Pippa touch her inappropriately.

For that matter, you just know there's going to be rrats about the Yabbit Hole and the Lemon (Harlot) Party if there's another gathering. I expect Pippa to don a wifebeater and have the time of her life pumping up those lesbian domestic violence statistics once they're all drunk.

I would probably put Erina, Iori, and Rie on the top of the "Most Liable to Sexually Assault Airi" list. Uruka is a wildcard; if any girl sees flannel apparel in Uruka's bag I would advise bear mace. Lumi (not gay btw) will make Jelly a woman, if she flies over from Monkey Hut Island. Also they're all probably going to fucking Build-A-Bear.

My personal hope: Mari will take revenge and set Hina (red hag) up for a Five Guys story.

Anyway, no amount of planning or coordination can overcome retarded shit like the ass-tier internet connectivity. But I have faith in Nyaru to try her best.

niggaphil

Nah, Kurosanji will be fine as long as the Japan market is still strong. They can nuke the oversea branch once and for all, and nothing of value was lost.

Don't expect total Kurosanji death, but we can speculate that the KuroEN will be death sooner of later :dokiSmug:

God's Strongest Mozumite

Mega Mozu Milkers.
Early Adopter
ENTERING FLAVOR COUNTRY
Nyaru seems like the kind of girl who is probably into having Pippa touch her inappropriately.

For that matter, you just know there's going to be rrats about the Yabbit Hole and the Lemon (Harlot) Party if there's another gathering. I expect Pippa to don a wifebeater and have the time of her life pumping up those lesbian domestic violence statistics once they're all drunk.

I would probably put Erina, Iori, and Rie on the top of the "Most Liable to Sexually Assault Airi" list. Uruka is a wildcard; if any girl sees flannel apparel in Uruka's bag I would advise bear mace. Lumi (not gay btw) will make Jelly a woman, if she flies over from Monkey Hut Island. Also they're all probably going to fucking Build-A-Bear.

My personal hope: Mari will take revenge and set Hina (red hag) up for a Five Guys story.

Anyway, no amount of planning or coordination can overcome retarded shit like the ass-tier internet connectivity. But I have faith in Nyaru to try her best.
I want you to know that, about halfway through reading your post, I had to scroll back up and make sure Reticule didn't post this.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Sir, this is the Niji L thread.

Top Bottom