"I thought she said 'DENMA'(Vibrator)... that is sekushawl... good!"Haachama

Nijisanji L Collection

Laidho

Avalon's Most Wanted
Though since Holo's ability to grow is IMO limited by its Idol/event niche, I don't think Nijisanji is likely to die unless a competitor fitting the same casual streaming niche pops up.
THIS IS THE YEAR OF VSPO! LET'S GO!

But yeah, the only people that I can see taking advantage of this is Brave Group. Everyone else doesn't really have any stake in Nijisanji's market.

Xuhle

THIS IS THE YEAR OF VSPO! LET'S GO!

But yeah, the only people that I can see taking advantage of this is Brave Group. Everyone else doesn't really have any stake in Nijisanji's market.
VNU is also possible even has the acceleration of nijisanji.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Something to consider. Vtubers live off internet fame. Some have life experience and a liable to raise hell if you try to fuck with them (e.g. hags), but rather a lot don't. And we know that Niji requires PLs to be shut down (Holo, Phase Connect or Idol by contrast, don't), which I imagine is already filtering out some of the more outspoken candidates in favour of hopefuls who are ready to throw everything away for their big break. Hopefuls who willingly burn their own bridges to leave them without an alternative.

Obviously, Sayu was more outspoken than Niji expected, and so was Selen, but I imagine their legal department had a lot more experience with livers that'd already been browbeaten into accepting their position after sacrificing their alternatives, unwilling to put up a fight. And Nijisanji's hiring conditions facilitate exactly that kind of attitude. It's what they're looking for. It doesn't want creativity and grand projects and talent initiative. Talents that are like that cost money and demand effort, and that's just not part of Nijisanji's low cost business model.

Nijisanji only wants you to shut up and stream.

Big question for me is how Niji is going to course correct without pissing off the shareholders.

As you say, Nijisanji already has minimal expenses, there is hardly anything to cut. And we know from Niji's financial reports proudly noting their minimal expenses and Cover's Q&As featuring Yagoo beating back vultures complaining about excessive expenses and talent renumeration that the average shareholder knows little about the industry but really likes cutting expenses.

You might get a situation where Niji knows how to fix the problem (rainbow goes here), but attempting to do so might lead to a shareholder revolt.

That's not necessarily a problem if Niji owns enough of its own stock to tell the other shareholders "Fuck you, lol", but doing so would tank the stock.

That is also not necessarily a problem if Niji can just sit on its shares and wait until problems are fixed and line goes up again, but if Niji relies on occasionally selling some shares to deal with outstanding debts and similar (as is more or less the norm), then it becomes a potential death sentence.

Also it'd tank the value if Nijisanji plans to issue more shares in the future.

This isn't to say that Niji is doomed, since (Gundou and Chihiro notwithstanding) JP is trucking along, and we really don't have a picture of how affected EN is in the long term, either. Just speculation.

But while it may or may not take it, there is now a visible path to doom and Niji might potentially be quite limited in its available means to avoid it.

Though since Holo's ability to grow is IMO limited by its Idol/event niche, I don't think Nijisanji is likely to die unless a competitor fitting the same casual streaming niche pops up.
Astute analysis, but we know for a fact that tardsanji whole modus operandi is being petty toxic chinks first and foremost. They will happily tank the whole company to get petty revenge on another talent.

Xuhle

This is all well good and all but even if this is true we know that selen was working on the MV for over a year, hunting down perms and more then likely storyboarding it the entire time with management looking it over the entire time. They would have known thats she would be using Mysta and Nina before they graduated, and not like it wouldnt have matter as they are still nijisanji ip. Like there is certainly impatience i could see like just a hazard of a guess that the last perms they needed was the publisher, which selen gotten. There would have been no reason for them to make Mysta and Nina be there problem as she was working on it for over a year at minium with plenty of time for management to shake its own hand.
A thought just crossed my mind as I believe maria said that pomu said she was fine with doing the duet after her graduation. Just under the base info that this has been in development for a year, shouldn't Selen have gotten permission from Nina and mysta while they were still there at the time if we are to follow the same train of thought with Maria.

Bronze

A thought just crossed my mind as I believe maria said that pomu said she was fine with doing the duet after her graduation. Just under the base info that this has been in development for a year, shouldn't Selen have gotten permission from Nina and mysta while they were still there at the time if we are to follow the same train of thought with Maria.
If only their models are shown and no voice is included, then you shouldn't need their perms imo. They are Nijisanji IPs so Niji should be more than capable of giving the perms.

Stunned But Dumb

I know it might sound silly but getting permission from an active talent and a graduated talent may be two separate perms issues.
Scenario:
Selen or management requests permission from Nina and Mysta to be in the video
They both agree
The video is made with their cameos
They both graduate while the video is made
Permissions need to be reacquired from the people who are now Kuro and Matara
Things break down here*
The video gets pushed back
Selen releases it anyway
You know the story

There are so many ways for the break down to go I made a separate section:
Kuro or Matara ghost management or Selen
Kuro or Matara refuse the perms
Kuro or Matara are confused about the perms (why do I need to agree again?)
Management does a poor job of communicating to Kuro or Matara (I doubt Selen would drop the ball here, but also possible)
Management is malicious and is able to gain perms, but doesn't relay it to Selen (Yeah this could just be incompetence but it's such a high level of it, it might as well be a dirty deed)

There's some worse conclusions that paint people in a worse light so I won't go that far.

Xuhle

If only their models are shown and no voice is included, then you shouldn't need their perms imo. They are Nijisanji IPs so Niji should be more than capable of giving the perms.
I agree but with how much they are trying to spit in the face of this hypocrisy they are now with the amount of graduated talents in MV from the Finana duet with Kyo, the maria duet with pomu, Petra cross branch mv with graduated id talents, and now the full lazulight song. They are showing they don't have problems with graduated talents if they got "permission" from them. Other then that they are just showing malice to doki because she wasn't wanting to jump through there hoops any longer.

Also all those MV were in February odd timing if you start putting pieces together from us knowing that graduated talents was what caused the issues.

Last edited:

Stunned But Dumb

MV from the Finana duet with Kyo
At the very least, Kyo was still in the company when that dropped. I wondered if all these MVs with graduated talents were purposeful or not and if I should just take my meds. If it is purposeful, that would mean that getting the content talents create and want to put out is technically much easier than we are led to believe and isn't that good of a look.

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA
The next battleground is brewing perhaps?

Stunned But Dumb

No... They wouldn't... would they? Could they? Doki said she was going to be a guest at some con during her charity stream, but I forget which one.

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA

Xuhle

The next battleground is brewing perhaps?

Honestly curious where false got that as I just went to there site and didn't find that at all, not under guest assuming they were removing etheryu, not under vendor if it was merch, and most of everything else was under construction still.

USS IOWA

Would be a shitty move if Nijisanji rejects the vendors from going to the convention because some vendors will be selling Doki and Sayu merch, Which hey is their forte.

It couldn't be because of that as there was vendors in one of the expos sayu went to that were still selling her stuff and niji.
Yeah its probably some rejection things when the venue space is all ran out.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
The very fact that they ask for any permission from other talents for images specifically puts their copyright ownership under scrutiny. The only reason why they might need such permissions is joint copyright ownership, and that would mean that people who left are still entitled to it.
No... They wouldn't... would they? Could they? Doki said she was going to be a guest at some con during her charity stream, but I forget which one.
AnimeExpo IIRC, or something like that

Xuhle

Would be a shitty move if Nijisanji rejects the vendors from going to the convention because some vendors will be selling Doki and Sayu merch, Which hey is their forte.
It couldn't be because of that as there was vendors in one of the expos sayu went to that were still selling her stuff and niji. I want to say it was anime impluse but I honestly don't know.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
I have no proof to confirm this but at this point i dont think Selen might've had an issue with Mysta and Nina in the MV if she was another person, either that or the higher ups were PISSED for her skipping the confirmation from her manager (that he took like a day and a half to respond to).
Regardless if it was ultimately OK or not or if they could've done their due dilligence earlier since the MV had been in the works for a bit

Dawifet

I love my dumb dorky nephilim
Namirin's Husband

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
OffKai is such a shitshow regardless of Nijisanji interfering or not that I don't doubt they are doing stupid shit on their own without outside influence.

Xuhle

New pretty dumb rrat, and again listening to too much true crime con artist stuff.

Nijisanji is pulling an Enron. Cooperate corruption throughout the company, making a highly toxic and competitive work environment where they are literally eating each other, and accounting fuckery included in all of this even with the shareholders.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
New pretty dumb rrat, and again listening to too much true crime con artist stuff.

Nijisanji is pulling an Enron. Cooperate corruption throughout the company, making a highly toxic and competitive work environment where they are literally eating each other, and accounting fuckery included in all of this even with the shareholders.

I think making and arguing over rrats for a month + has affected your brain pretty badly. Maybe you should give it a rest idk.

Top Bottom