"If I just pour vinegar and water into the pot and leave it to sit will it kill the mold?"Fujikura Uruka

Nijisanji L Collection

Paladin

Resident Sad Girl Enjoyer
For better or for worse, unless something else happens on the scale of what happened to Selen or there are any more updates on that, the situation seems to have stabilized for now. Even if someone else graduates, I don't think anyone else would have the morale killing effect of losing two of EN's most beloved and ambitious creators.

I don't know if that's good or bad or neutral in the long run, but I do know vt's catalog is running out of things to say so I'm okay enough. It's actually been really exhausting seeing all these grifters that don't know anything about vtubers and all the crowds that never loved anything about the branch disavow the streamers in it, as if dunking on unpopular thing is some kind of revelation. If you even think about it from just Obsydia's perspective, their wavemate had an attempt, got a hit piece done on them and fired. That's insane to imagine.

Sorry for all these words, it's just been really hard to find the words to process my feelings about all this, and there isn't really a place to talk about it without people on all sides being stupid.
Stable from the outside, at least, though I do not know for how long as my financial sinces are telling me theres another shit show in the making. The unsubscribing spree and the loss in revenue have likely hit the talents hard and i don't think it will recover soon given the algorithm and reputation damage. I dont believe the rats about this but its undeniable that all talents just had to eat some sort of paycut and it probably dropped there standard of living by a good amount if the didn't budget properly. However, It is still gonna take a few weeks if not months to see how bad the finances are boiling the individual livers. Once they need to implement cost-saving measures I think there is gonna be a good amount of instability as the livers fight management for more cash and a drop in stream quality due to there ill mood.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
For better or for worse, unless something else happens on the scale of what happened to Selen or there are any more updates on that, the situation seems to have stabilized for now. Even if someone else graduates, I don't think anyone else would have the morale killing effect of losing two of EN's most beloved and ambitious creators.

I don't know if that's good or bad or neutral in the long run, but I do know vt's catalog is running out of things to say so I'm okay enough. It's actually been really exhausting seeing all these grifters that don't know anything about vtubers and all the crowds that never loved anything about the branch disavow the streamers in it, as if dunking on unpopular thing is some kind of revelation. If you even think about it from just Obsydia's perspective, their wavemate had an attempt, got a hit piece done on them and fired. That's insane to imagine.

Sorry for all these words, it's just been really hard to find the words to process my feelings about all this, and there isn't really a place to talk about it without people on all sides being stupid.
While I don't think we will see any more explosive drama, I do think Niji is effectively dead in the west. Mostly because they have 0 reputation and public goodwill, that shit will haunt them for years even if the EN branch keeps chugging along. People's autism will never let them let this shit go.

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull
While I don't think we will see any more explosive drama, I do think Niji is effectively dead in the west. Mostly because they have 0 reputation and public goodwill, that shit will haunt them for years even if the EN branch keeps chugging along. People's autism will never let them let this shit go.

I do agree that the public goodwill has been absolutely shredded as far as newcomers go, and there were a lot of people that were active fans that left. But I also know that some people's memories are about as long as the latest drama is. NijiEN just dying would be a satisfying narrative for some people, but management being extremely incompetent at best wasn't anything new for anyone who had already been a fan. If the livers stay, then it'll shuffle along even if it is a corpse of its former self.

If they go, if no one else is willing to apply in the future, that's a different story. Either way, as long as the people I support are fine, I'll be okay with whatever they choose to do. What I loved about Nijisanji EN was the people, not the rainbow fish or the CEO.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Stable from the outside, at least, though I do not know for how long as my financial sinces are telling me theres another shit show in the making. The unsubscribing spree and the loss in revenue have likely hit the talents hard and i don't think it will recover soon given the algorithm and reputation damage. events
I had a look at the socialblade of a few semi-random talents (Scarle, Rosemi, Kotoka). Sub growth is pretty flat. Elira's lost about 4K subs in the last two weeks, Vox lost 10K.

I think that Nijisanji could recover if they were willing to put in the effort and spend money to repair their reputation and regain some good will. Here's what I would do, at least:
1) Get a new EN manager who can be the face of Nijisanji in the west. People like having a manager that's the face of the backend of the company, at least within the vtubing sphere. While they don't need to be Yagoo or Fishman, they would need a social media presence and would need to be affable and provide regular updates on what they're improving within the company.
2) Hiring more managers
3) Invest in advertising to help reverse the stagnant sub growth of the talents.
4) Fix up the merch for the talents so it's not generic stuff. I think this is a common critique among even the Niji faithful and would show they're listening to the fans
5) Do some events to build goodwill. Community game tournaments, concerts, that sort of thing.

There have been really competent CEOs who have turned around a brand in decline with years of effort and a vision, and Nijisanji is not so far gone that I think it irreversible. I don't see it happening though.

Helmet-kun Backwards

I can't stop repeating words in longposts :(
Stable from the outside, at least, though I do not know for how long as my financial sinces are telling me theres another shit show in the making. The unsubscribing spree and the loss in revenue have likely hit the talents hard and i don't think it will recover soon given the algorithm and reputation damage. I dont believe the rats about this but its undeniable that all talents just had to eat some sort of paycut and it probably dropped there standard of living by a good amount if the didn't budget properly. However, It is still gonna take a few weeks if not months to see how bad the finances are boiling the individual livers. Once they need to implement cost-saving measures I think there is gonna be a good amount of instability as the livers fight management for more cash and a drop in stream quality due to there ill mood.
Financially speaking, there just isn't that much there for Niji to cut IMO. Apparently they've been spending very little on talents, very little on behind-the-scenes staff, and in the past year they've lost some of their biggest sources of income in the West (Selen, Pomu, Mysta). They can't buy back any more of their own stock either, which really makes me wonder how they are going to avoid a corporate death spiral in the long run. Maybe a buy-out is in the company's future?

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I had a look at the socialblade of a few semi-random talents (Scarle, Rosemi, Kotoka). Sub growth is pretty flat. Elira's lost about 4K subs in the last two weeks, Vox lost 10K.

I think that Nijisanji could recover if they were willing to put in the effort and spend money to repair their reputation and regain some good will. Here's what I would do, at least:
1) Get a new EN manager who can be the face of Nijisanji in the west. People like having a manager that's the face of the backend of the company, at least within the vtubing sphere. While they don't need to be Yagoo or Fishman, they would need a social media presence and would need to be affable and provide regular updates on what they're improving within the company.
2) Hiring more managers
3) Invest in advertising to help reverse the stagnant sub growth of the talents.
4) Fix up the merch for the talents so it's not generic stuff. I think this is a common critique among even the Niji faithful and would show they're listening to the fans
5) Do some events to build goodwill. Community game tournaments, concerts, that sort of thing.

There have been really competent CEOs who have turned around a brand in decline with years of effort and a vision, and Nijisanji is not so far gone that I think it irreversible. I don't see it happening though.
I think Tazumi should resign from CEO and just be a shareholder, put a new guy in the conductor seat and attribute all of the good changes to them, most morons won't even realize Riku is still basically in charge.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Nijisanji made a superstar

Unfortunately for them they don't stream for Nijisanji. Monkeys paw

God's Strongest Dragoon

From what I've seen, their stock has somewhat stabilized around ¥3050 and has even jumped a bit back to ¥3180. That jump back up is actually reasonable for their situation as that's about a ~17-20% drop from ¥3820, which is what their stock was at before the news dropped. Considering NijiEN is like ~20% of their revenue, that does appear to be some form of the market "correcting" as it sees their NijiEN branch as dead in the water.

The problem is that they have a financial report coming up soon and their last one pushed their stock into freefall. I expect that it shouldn't be too bad for them since they had VCR to pad their numbers with JP. The real test is in June, when their quarterly report reflecting the damages they incurred as a result of this shitshow. No Valentine's Day merch, their big names haven't streamed as much, and they're likely getting less in superchats/VOD revenue.
Yeah, they could just keep the branch open indefinitely for the fujobaiting boys but they have certainly taken a hit to every other audience in such a colossal fashion. The only one's not too heavily effected are likely Scarle and the new gen TTT, as they were so small that any hit they took was relatively small because they are small vtubers compared to the rest of the branch. Although this is going to 100% kneecap the growth of the entire branch and likely make them stagnate.

Last edited:

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Hmmmm

Think they did the same with Selen?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Hmmmm

Think they did the same with Selen?

stolen summuary from leddit
Nijisanji gave her a contract and had only 3 hours to sign it if she wanted to leave on "mutual terms"
Zaion sent it to her lawyer but there is not enough time to wait for a reply
Asked for more time to consult with her lawyer, but they refuse.
Deadline passes, and she doesn't sign it
Suddenly, they throw another 3 hours after the deadline
Finally, Zaion got to chat with her lawyer, who confirmed it's just a silencing gig and not worth signing
Zaion asks what she gets for signing it? "Said It would be better for your future"
3 hours passes. She doesn't sign, so they dropped the termination notice with all the smearing bullet points in it.
Here is your vod link with timestamp:

tl;dr they gave her 3 hours to sign a document to leave on "mutual" terms, Sayu sends it to her lawyer, deadline passes, gets sudden 3 hour extension, Sayu's lawyer tells her its just a gag order and its not in her best interest to sign it, said document only promised it would be "better for your future", then the termination notice drops

God's Strongest Dragoon

Yeah, that's incredibly shady. They held a 3 hour limit and declined to extend it to make her panic and sign it. When the timer hit the limit, they gave her the limit anyways because they were desperate to get her to sign it. They knew it was a bullshit and wanted her to sign it badly so they gave her a limit so a lawyer wouldn't look at it, there was no actual urgency requiring that short of a time limit.

Limkin

tl;dr they gave her 3 hours to sign a document to leave on "mutual" terms, Sayu sends it to her lawyer, deadline passes, gets sudden 3 hour extension, Sayu's lawyer tells her its just a gag order and its not in her best interest to sign it, said document only promised it would be "better for your future", then the termination notice drops
That's literally a phone call scamming tactic. They continue talking to you and pressing you for a decision, never shutting up and always making sure to repeat every other sentence how you are running out of time and will get into a lot of trouble if you don't do what you are told quickly. All of this so that your mind is solely focused on a discussion itself and has no time to chill and figure out, why are you even having this call in the first place. But they will keep talking regardless of how long does it take you, to do what they want. The moment you slightly slide off the rails you very quickly realize you are getting scammed, but if they can just push you enough before this moment it often works. They also freak out if they hear you talking to someone else or hang the call

Bug Eater

The real test is in June, when their quarterly report reflecting the damages they incurred as a result of this shitshow. No Valentine's Day merch, their big names haven't streamed as much, and they're likely getting less in superchats/VOD revenue.
Anime Impulse and Pomu's graduation might cushion the blow for Q4 but it still looks pretty bleak. People do forget shit pretty easily but they also straight up lost a large chunk of their fanbase because of Selen's termination (and that's on top of the gradual decline of Manjisanji EN, Vox pissing off his fujos again by doing weird RP stuff, etcetc). I thought it was interesting that when Niji EN held that karaoke stream which happened to overlap with Doki's legally distinct TSB reunion, there was literally no funnel back to the karaoke after she ended her stream - those fans are most likely completely gone, at least for the foreseeable future.

Nigel Nigerman

Once ya go Nigga, you'll never get bigga.

2) Hiring more managers

As long as Riku is a cheap motherfucker and Harry is still the one running NijiEN then nothing will be done. What happened with NijiEN being a shitshow came from up above. Nothing will change unless they replace Riku (highly unlikely) or Harry (a bit of possibility). NijiEN NEEDS A FUCKING OVERHAUL to get back the goodwill of the fans. This month will be the soonest we'll see if Riku is actually not just talking out of his ass in trying to save NijiEN.

Nijisanji made a superstar

Unfortunately for them they don't stream for Nijisanji. Monkeys paw
Niji made 3 stars (Matara, Kuro and U-san), 1 superstar and 2 more in the back burner. I am betting Holo is recruiting Pomu hard right now and is pushing for an EN4 to debut soon (my own RRATS). May be one of the reasons Mori and Kiara are on a trip.

Pencilfreak

OG Pomu fan and former nijisister
stolen summuary from leddit
Nijisanji gave her a contract and had only 3 hours to sign it if she wanted to leave on "mutual terms"
Zaion sent it to her lawyer but there is not enough time to wait for a reply
Asked for more time to consult with her lawyer, but they refuse.
Deadline passes, and she doesn't sign it
Suddenly, they throw another 3 hours after the deadline
Finally, Zaion got to chat with her lawyer, who confirmed it's just a silencing gig and not worth signing
Zaion asks what she gets for signing it? "Said It would be better for your future"
3 hours passes. She doesn't sign, so they dropped the termination notice with all the smearing bullet points in it.
Here is your vod link with timestamp:

My jolly god. The way they pull that shit, they’re like corrupt politicians and their cronies in some third world countries. :vesperfacepalm:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
She shouldn't even bother the lawyer with this crap. Anything presented in such manner never worth your attention. Immediate dissmisal is the only correct decision.

NotDecatto

BREAK GLASS IN CASE OF MENHERA

Scoots

The Pontiff of PonWolf
Early Adopter
Not sure if anyone caught this but Sayu spilled some more Niji tea in the unarchived Palworld stream she was talking about it and halfway through realized "was this left out of the document oh woops" and finished cause she already started im uploading it to my channel unlisted to edit in here for the inevitable take down of this post

Edit: late that's what I get for not skipping to the last page to check

I see it's already uploaded elsewhere so I'll just public mine it'll premiere at noon and it's the same info you already discussed but I'll edit it in anyway

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Not sure if anyone caught this but Sayu spilled some more Niji tea in the unarchived Palworld stream she was talking about it and halfway through realized "was this left out of the document oh woops" and finished cause she already started im uploading it to my channel unlisted to edit in here for the inevitable take down of this post

Edit: late
foto_no_exif (69) (1).jpg
:whatastory:

Aquatic Novellite

Freshwater Shiorin
Early Adopter
Something to consider. Vtubers live off internet fame. Some have life experience and a liable to raise hell if you try to fuck with them (e.g. hags), but rather a lot don't. And we know that Niji requires PLs to be shut down (Holo, Phase Connect or Idol by contrast, don't), which I imagine is already filtering out some of the more outspoken candidates in favour of hopefuls who are ready to throw everything away for their big break. Hopefuls who willingly burn their own bridges to leave them without an alternative.

Obviously, Sayu was more outspoken than Niji expected, and so was Selen, but I imagine their legal department had a lot more experience with livers that'd already been browbeaten into accepting their position after sacrificing their alternatives, unwilling to put up a fight. And Nijisanji's hiring conditions facilitate exactly that kind of attitude. It's what they're looking for. It doesn't want creativity and grand projects and talent initiative. Talents that are like that cost money and demand effort, and that's just not part of Nijisanji's low cost business model.

Nijisanji only wants you to shut up and stream.
From what I've seen, their stock has somewhat stabilized around ¥3050 and has even jumped a bit back to ¥3180. That jump back up is actually reasonable for their situation as that's about a ~17-20% drop from ¥3820, which is what their stock was at before the news dropped. Considering NijiEN is like ~20% of their revenue, that does appear to be some form of the market "correcting" as it sees their NijiEN branch as dead in the water.

The problem is that they have a financial report coming up soon and their last one pushed their stock into freefall. I expect that it shouldn't be too bad for them since they had VCR to pad their numbers with JP. The real test is in June, when their quarterly report reflecting the damages they incurred as a result of this shitshow. No Valentine's Day merch, their big names haven't streamed as much, and they're likely getting less in superchats/VOD revenue.

Yeah, they could just keep the branch open indefinitely for the fujobaiting boys but they have certainly taken a hit to every other audience in such a colossal fashion. The only one's not too heavily effected are likely Scarle and the new gen TTT, as they were so small that any hit they took was relatively small because they are small vtubers compared to the rest of the branch. Although this is going to 100% kneecap the growth of the entire branch and likely make them stagnate.
Big question for me is how Niji is going to course correct without pissing off the shareholders.

As you say, Nijisanji already has minimal expenses, there is hardly anything to cut. And we know from Niji's financial reports proudly noting their minimal expenses and Cover's Q&As featuring Yagoo beating back vultures complaining about excessive expenses and talent renumeration that the average shareholder knows little about the industry but really likes cutting expenses.

You might get a situation where Niji knows how to fix the problem (rainbow goes here), but attempting to do so might lead to a shareholder revolt.

That's not necessarily a problem if Niji owns enough of its own stock to tell the other shareholders "Fuck you, lol", but doing so would tank the stock.

That is also not necessarily a problem if Niji can just sit on its shares and wait until problems are fixed and line goes up again, but if Niji relies on occasionally selling some shares to deal with outstanding debts and similar (as is more or less the norm), then it becomes a potential death sentence.

Also it'd tank the value if Nijisanji plans to issue more shares in the future.

This isn't to say that Niji is doomed, since (Gundou and Chihiro notwithstanding) JP is trucking along, and we really don't have a picture of how affected EN is in the long term, either. Just speculation.

But while it may or may not take it, there is now a visible path to doom and Niji might potentially be quite limited in its available means to avoid it.

Though since Holo's ability to grow is IMO limited by its Idol/event niche, I don't think Nijisanji is likely to die unless a competitor fitting the same casual streaming niche pops up.

Top Bottom