"I keep my meat but you can have my head"Nanashi Mumei

Nijisanji L Collection

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
It won't change until vtubers unionize and collectively bargain/network for better average conditions. Which means it won't change, ever.
And this would only happen in the US and then get taken over by vermintide and made awful while the nips/SEA completely stay out of it :SelenHAHAhere: Yeah not gonna happen. The only companies that would get hit are Vshojo and maybe Phase (LOL) while Holo/Niji either amputate their EN branches or find some loophole out of it.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Unionizing in creative fields never works. It just turns into a pozload and a money laundry for people of cave of wonders and the chosen tribe. Don't want to get fucked over, stay indie or get a better manager and/or a lawyer.
Unions worked better with blue collar bullshit because there would actually be an impact to fucking everything if a miner chose not to work. This miner would also be more likely to be armed and know where his boss lives.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Unionizing in creative fields never works. It just turns into a pozload and a money laundry for people of cave of wonders and the chosen tribe. Don't want to get fucked over, stay indie or get a better manager and/or a lawyer.
Unions worked better with blue collar bullshit because there would actually be an impact to fucking everything if a miner chose not to work. This miner would also be more likely to be armed and know where his boss lives.
Agreed. Though I hate unions in general, most of the time it's just replacing one rich asshole with another but this one has vastly more power and influence and regularly acts the victim. Idk if in the US unions work but in my country they're basically one level above street thugs and corrupt as shit.

Limkin

We literally have one of the biggest and most profitable companies operating on a "we can fire you whenever we feel like it and hire 10 more of you" principle. Unions do nothing unless participating in them is mandatory and company is not allowed to hire anyone not in a union per law. Because otherwise it will simply hire people outside of unions by promising them a better paycut if they don't join. Also you could look at a recent boycott by a union of actors, and realize that no vtuber in their right mind will agree to not work for half a year, and union of vtubers will not have anywhere near enough cash to pay you a salary to compensate, comparable to your average income, as even this multibillion industry with people who make millions of dollars per year really struggled to convince corporations to even consider their propositions. No one is going to give a fuck about what a bunch of vtubers think, because the only response you will get is "I have enough money to start a new company and move on. Do you have options? Then shut your whore mouth and go back to streaming"
Oh and they will take 30% of your paycheck for "emergency" funds that will never be used and only turn into yachts of union managers.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
We literally have one of the biggest and most profitable companies operating on a "we can fire you whenever we feel like it and hire 10 more of you" principle. Unions do nothing unless participating in them is mandatory and company is not allowed to hire anyone not in a union per law. Because otherwise it will simply hire people outside of unions by promising them a better paycut if they don't join. Also you could look at a recent boycott by a union of actors, and realize that no vtuber in their right mind will agree to not work for half a year, and union of vtubers will not have anywhere near enough cash to pay you a salary to compensate, comparable to your average income, as even this multibillion industry with people who make millions of dollars per year really struggled to convince corporations to even consider their propositions. No one is going to give a fuck about what a bunch of vtubers think, because the only response you will get is "I have enough money to start a new company and move on. Do you have options? Then shut your whore mouth and go back to streaming"
Oh and they will take 30% of your paycheck for "emergency" funds that will never be used and only turn into yachts of union managers.
Don't forget the most important part, it will be taken over by vermin and politicized. Such a great concentration of power and influence would be like sweet honey to the great social engineering experts and manipulators in the MtF community.

GOD'S STRONGEST BUILDERBEAR

"Shut up, Dazzle. I will clip your balls" -SB
Early Adopter
Don't forget the most important part, it will be taken over by vermin and politicized.
Or just the same people running their scam agencies. Its already easy enough to scam girls in early twenties with promises of fame and adoration, imagine if that dude would also have trust cause hes "a member of a union", so he TOTALLY has my best interest in mind!!!
No idea why one would look at the industry full of lies and bureaucracy and then think "you know what would fix it? Corruption and even more bureaucracy!"

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Or just the same people running their scam agencies. Its already easy enough to scam girls in early twenties with promises of fame and adoration, imagine if that dude would also have trust cause hes "a member of a union", so he TOTALLY has my best interest in mind!!!
No idea why one would look at the industry full of lies and bureaucracy and then think "you know what would fix it? Corruption and even more bureaucracy!"
Bro I can imagine Harry from Nexas getting a post in that and using it to bash all of the other corpos to boost his own relevance, bro would totally do that.

Limkin

Because people who never dealt with unions think they are a magical button that fixes all problems caused by corporations and they exist purely to serve you. It's pretty much universal issue with anything that could be summarized as "grass is always greener on the other side". Very little people honestly read about the opposing opinions and judge them fairly instead of looking for confirmation basis. Even less so succeed in it, as most will still unconsciously ignore everything that doesn't fit their opinion, but they are now "convinced" they are right

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Not-Username

Remember the time someone tried to rally en livers to kinda unionize? :smugmoona:

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
Idk if in the US unions work but in my country they're basically one level above street thugs and corrupt as shit.
It varies, but the Teamsters, IAW, Longshoremen, AFSCME, SEIU, NEA/AFT, etc. are all incredibly scummy. The non-shit ones tend to be for skilled labor who do a lot of contract work, like electrical workers and plumbers, who are usually a bit more concerned about maintaining competency standards.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Lovebug Proctologist
Because people who never dealt with unions think they are a magical button that fixes all problems caused by corporations and they exist purely to serve you. It's pretty much universal issue with anything that could be summarized as "grass is always greener on the other side". Very little people honestly read about the opposing opinions and judge them fairly instead of looking for confirmation basis. Even less so succeed in it, as most will still unconsciously ignore everything that doesn't fit their opinion, but they are now "convinced" they are right

To quote my economist friend;

Subverting labor unions such that laborers now associate them with retarded communist assholes is the single most successful anti-Conservative propaganda effort ever undertaken. Unions are the reason workers have the rights they do, and the time period in which unions were strong was the single best period of time for the American middle class, ever, and the postwar prosperity era does not come close. Labor unions were the only way the laborer has ever gotten a fair shake in an industrialized society, and the reason they have become so corrupt and decadent is because the ruling elite is scared witless of Americans rebuilding unions and forming strong ties to each other.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
To quote my economist friend;
I agree with econofriend but any union nowadays would be shit, same with all social movements. Sure they WERE good in the 20th century, but nowadays they are just leftie battering rams to attack regular working people and get as much power as possible. Any vtuber union would be started with good IDEALS in mind but would almost certainly turn into yet another corrupt form of industry manipulation by any number of bad actors seeking greater power and wealth.

BlueSharkTV

Fucking Riggers
Early Adopter
Yuria's Husband

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
niji hate thread? :BijouBijou:
It was never a hate thread, more of an industry discussion thread with a focus on Niji. Niji's issues have far reaching effects that will change and have already changed the industry (the only reason I even check this thread anymore tbh), for better or worse.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman

Saturnus

haha it's unou
SIX MORE WEEKS OF LEGS.
They dance on the beta theme if that helps.
I'm just here to say that this thread is gay. Only because people want to come here and be between Shu's legs.
:dokiSmug:

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
My experiences with unions have generally been pretty positive. It's also important to recognize when unions are useful, and when they're not.

1) For workers in large corporations, since it can negotiate pay on behalf of the workers, and the company would otherwise have much more power than individual workers, and could otherwise easily replace them. Larger companies can also withstand the cost impositions a union would impose upon them directly and indirectly.
2) Highly-skilled workers, since the workers can't easily be replaced to sidestep the union and gives the union greater bargaining power in getting more benefits for their workers
3) Dangerous industries, like mining, forestry, etc, so unions can advocate for worker safety

I don't think unions would work for vtubers. Companies that see vtubers as not being replacable treat their workers pretty well (Hololive, Phase). Companies that see vtubers as replacable (Nijisanji) are just going to ignore the unions and replace the workers that want to unionize. The really small vtuber companies will not be able to survive the demands of a union.
Subverting labor unions such that laborers now associate them with retarded communist assholes is the single most successful anti-Conservative propaganda effort ever undertaken
The unfortunate thing about power is that it attracts the people that want to abuse that power, and that includes retarded communist assholes. The only people that subverted labour unions were the members of labour unions themselves.

Thomas Talus

Εκ λόγου άλλος εκβαίνει λόγος
Early Adopter
The unfortunate thing about power is that it attracts the people that want to abuse that power, and that includes retarded communist assholes. The only people that subverted labour unions were the members of labour unions themselves.
There are a bunch of unions run by the Wobblies (Industrial Workers of the World), an actual Communist front group.

Top Bottom