"Mental clap clap Physical! clap clap JUSTIN!!!"Oozora Subaru

Nijisanji L Collection

Stunned But Dumb

I kind of had this assumption that Niji's more fanatical fanbase is also much younger and quite frankly poorer than the older fanatics that Hololive has courted. The way the fanbase acts strikes me as such. I wonder if the older ones, aka the ones with the pocket change to spare on a supa, are the ones who walked after all the bs and are elsewhere in vtubing whether it be in doki's chat or maybe mint's or back to holo. Or maybe one of the many people Niji collabed with over the years...

But I turned it off just a few minutes in because she begged God to finally give her 3D, and BAM God-Emperor of Kurosanji, Riku shows up and grants her the wish. Turned it off after that, because begging and groveling in front of Riku felt really in poor taste.

I assume that was because it was recorded a long time ago and just sat on? I wanted to guess that, but I wonder how long ago Harada recorded his part for Rosemi's 3d live. It's just with how quickly these are now being pushed out it really does feel like they were being sat on for a while now that Ehtyria will have their 3d soon. Is Luxiem having theirs in mid-late May? Noctix in the beginning of summer?

JellyKusa

Early Adopter
Is Luxiem having theirs in mid-late May? Noctix in the beginning of summer?
going by the current pattern, the boys will have their turn in Q1-FY 2025 for sure, to balance out the presumably terrible Q4 report that is coming up

It also does feel strange how quickly they are suddenly shipping those 3Ds out, I wonder how long they must have been sitting on them. Since winter 2023 or maybe even longer? Or are they being rushed and recorded in record-time right now? Are there Niji members in Japan recently again?
With Enna, Millie and Reimu coming up soon, were there any more members that were out in Japan late last year or so that are sill unaccounted for? @Punished Lurker

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
going by the current pattern, the boys will have their turn in Q1-FY 2025 for sure, to balance out the presumably terrible Q4 report that is coming up

It also does feel strange how quickly they are suddenly shipping those 3Ds out, I wonder how long they must have been sitting on them. Since winter 2023 or maybe even longer? Or are they being rushed and recorded in record-time right now? Are there Niji members in Japan recently again?
With Enna, Millie and Reimu coming up soon, were there any more members that were out in Japan late last year or so that are sill unaccounted for? @Punished Lurker
It seemed to have been all recorded late October. Accounting for editing and shit, it could have been slated for January, originally. Selen went AWOL at the end of December and nothing happened until her firing in early February. They at least had to re-record parts of Rosemi's and Petra's if they included Selen at all in their debuts. If they were supposed to debut any time before then, it definitely got delayed from that. Then the whole firing and black video happened and NijiEN was basically KOS for a whole month. March was probably the earliest they could do it after all that.

God's Strongest Dragoon

I kind of had this assumption that Niji's more fanatical fanbase is also much younger and quite frankly poorer than the older fanatics that Hololive has courted. The way the fanbase acts strikes me as such.
That's kind of the inverse for Phase. They've courted the older 20s and 30+ crowd and end up punching way above their weight. There's Tenma with 177k subs, a fraction of what a lot of the NijiEN members have (only Wilson and Bandage had lower sub counts) but she's knocking out anywhere from ~100-300 in superchats from casual streams. Her karaoke 2 weeks ago had $813 in superchats. Then a week later she did another stream for $770.

One of her random streams is capable of outcompeting the 3 most superchatted streamers for this Niji event (Uki, Ike, and Shu had $741.01 altogether).
Im looking forward to the males becoming gay and learning chinese while the women get nihongo juzu-ed to salvage their income
Well, it is worth mentioning that all of the talents streaming this event were males :smugpipi:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
whoa thats abysmal

I was wondering how much that is really, so I started looking at various Holos at Hololyzer for comparison, starting with Kiara ofc

This is a normal ass Stream, not an event or anything special, and already she is almost out-performing the entire Event with 10+ Streams

For context, this is just a minor Event, really its just Kiara coming back from her break and she is out-earning the whole event several times over

To make the comparison more fair, I decided to look at HoloID, and while this is a bigger stream for Reine, its still barely an Event stream on the caliber of the Niji cart tournament

I then decided to look at the numbers a few participants from the most recent Hololive Mario cart tournament got

Both Calli and Kronii easily mog any single NijiEN stream and almost the entire thing, bot in Superachats and CCV

HoloID again, and while her Superchats alone aren't very impressive, her CCV still is higher than every Niji Stream except for Shu, beaten by only about 300 CCV.

Sidenotes: This Hololive Tournament is obviously much bigger overall because it involves all the branches (iirc the main channel had something like 100k watching), but also many many more POVs than the Nijisanji one. There sadly isn't a HoloEN (+ID) Tournament that I remember that is recent enough to warrant comparison. I think the last one of those was back in 2022.

But the point remains, this is a terrible showing for what could be considered a major event that has been hyped and built up for months.

I wanted to watch the VOD for that one, because I honestly have a soft spot for her because she is cute and I watched a bit of her back in 2022

But I turned it off just a few minutes in because she begged God to finally give her 3D, and BAM God-Emperor of Kurosanji, Riku shows up and grants her the wish. Turned it off after that, because begging and groveling in front of Riku felt really in poor taste. Very weird bit. I suppose that this was recorded back in November, before shit went down and Riku basically became a slur, but even then, its weird and not in the funny way.
I saw screenshots where she later plays around with a blow-up doll version of Riku and that too just feels weird.
Riku just isn't Yagoo, and never will be, stop trying to make it happen.
Holo has always had insane SC revenue compared to the rest of the industry, remember they have held the highest superchatted channel for several years in a row? Niji makes a lot more of their income through sheer headcount and merch (and essentially giving their livers a pittance).

Idk why Niji keeps trying to turn Riku into Yagoo tbh, trying so hard just makes them look worse. Yagoo came about naturally, because the talent began talking about him on their own initiative and the company didn't go full retard and ban calling him that because nip of respect obsession autism. Even though the dude is obviously a techbro/entrepreneur who doesn't really like the spotlight and is super awkward on camera.

It is pretty much an anomaly in Japan for a CEO to be treated so... flippantly? In the west it's much more common, specially nowadays for company owners to be """RELATABLE""" and play along with the twitter memes. I think he strikes a good balance between seeming approachable and also being a bit of an unknown, serious business figure. Dude is an honest-to-goodness japanese salary man, has a wife and kid(s) and does everything expected of him, yet his willingness to come down to walk among the mortals every once in a while and the respect projected on him by the talent is what sets him apart.

Riku is just a kid, a young ass entrepreneur looking for his big break. Sure, he looks dopey as hell, but you never see him look vulnerable or out of his element, he's always smiling and posing with the livers. It very much gives off a vibe of "I want to be liked". Anyways I think the shtick would've worked much better if Yagoo didn't exist, next to him everyone else just looks like a copycat.

Negzana

So I've gone through and tracked each of the superchats to see the breakdown because of terminal autism.
Of the $1201 in superchats:
-$148.29 via 2 supas from a Singaporean in Uki's chat, who made up 47% of Uki's superchat earnings
-$126.47 via 2 supas from a Malaysian found in Wilson's and Ike's chat, making up 44% and 25% respectively
-$105.38 via 1 supa from an Aussie also found in Ike's chat, making up 42% of Ike's superchat earnings (yes, 67% of Ike's superchats were from 2 people)
-$93.44 via 1 supa from a Taiwanese found in Shu's chat, making up 53% of Shu's superchat earnings

So 4 people made up $473.58 of the $1201.99 in superchat earnings (39.4%).
Remember that $252.72 I mentioned from the West? Yeah, 1 Aussie made up 41.7% of that. I previously stated that 78% of the earnings came from various chinks to show how little support they have in the West. Of the 107, only 17 were from the West (AUS/US/EU/MX), so the West only represents 15.9% of their superchatters.

To further break down their superchatter representation on unique instances instead of financial representation:
Of the 107 superchatters, the number of unique superchatters was:
-41 from Japan
-17 from Taiwan
-12 from US
-10 from Hong Kong
-9 from Philippines
-3 from Thailand
-3 from Malaysia
-2 from Singapore
-2 from Mexico
-2 from Indonesia
-2 from Korea
-2 from Australia
-1 from Europe
-1 from Vietnam

Jesus, just fold EN into the main branch already.
Also I found it funny that some Nip dropped ¥1,000 on Ike but felt like Uki only deserved ¥200. :whatastory:

If you can provide me a date, I can try to dig through the data.
Actually I don't need to look at much data

Fuwamoco's stream alone shat on the entire tournament, this isn't including Bijou, Irys, and Mori who were involved in the finals.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
The streams since the tournament have actually looked a lot better for them in terms of SC. Something that seems common for them is like a small group of dedicated fans spamming 10+ SCs per stream. They are probably gonna hurt on memberships and CCV, but SCs don't look to be an issue.

Well, except for Finana and Aster lol.

Some pulled from the last day:
(This is Hex Haywire's. I recommend not reading the actual SCs if you want to retain your sanity)

Punished Lurker

It seemed to have been all recorded late October. Accounting for editing and shit, it could have been slated for January, originally. Selen went AWOL at the end of December and nothing happened until her firing in early February. They at least had to re-record parts of Rosemi's and Petra's if they included Selen at all in their debuts. If they were supposed to debut any time before then, it definitely got delayed from that. Then the whole firing and black video happened and NijiEN was basically KOS for a whole month. March was probably the earliest they could do it after all that.
Oh shit, first time being summoned. Sorry but this text is going to be kind of unedited, sorry it looks so ugly.

Ok, there's not a lot of confirmed information about the making of the AR live and the 3D showcases so here's my opinion: What's going on with the 3Ds is the second option that TinyKusa gave, that is, They are being rushed and recorded in record time(except not really)

I've talked about this before but i'm gonna make a summary, I think that what they recorded back in october of 2023 was the AR live, not the showcases. Think about the participants of the offline collabs and the way people travelled in waves to Japan, it was all the men and the women separately (except for Pomu who we know now was not participating because she was going to graduate). If 3D's were all recorded together why don't other livers make 3D cameos in the black bodysuits like it happened with Elira's and Pomu's showcases? AR live was recorded and then went into editing, remember this is a paid concert with a live band and not for free like the showcases so they need to have a higher quality (or they shelved it for some reason who knows)

Now think back to when Selen's termination was announced, you know what else was announced a little before that? The NijiEN Mario Kart tournament, scheduled for a week after her termination announcement. My guess was that they were going to announce the AR live at that date but Selen's sudden termination sent everything into chaos and forced the tournament and the live to be delayed. Reimu said on her Japan return stream that the AR live ran into trouble like three times and that she was happy it was finally being released, which sounds like it was in the oven for a very long time (remember that it was originally announced 14 months ago)

Now for the 3D debuts themselves, my guess is they were all recorded this year. To be more precise Petra's and Rosemi's were recorded at the beginning of February while everything was going down and Millie's, Enna's and Reimu's were recorded in March while they were gone to Japan (and several other members of the branch were there). Why would Elira travel at the beginning of february to Japan? It's because she showed up in Petra's duo song for her showcase, she had to have been physically there, and we know Rosemi travelled to Japan at the same time because of her tweets and the Japan bungee jumping video she released. Shortly after that Obsydia announced their 3D's, a timeframe similar to Ethyria's: they travelled in March to Japan and a couple of weeks later their 3D's are announced. What I'm not certain of is if this is an emergency measure or not, on one hand 3D assets take some time to make so the idea of making the showcases must have been swirling around for some time, but on the other hand the speed at what they are recording everything is impressive considering they moved so slowly last year for everything.

So my TLDR would be this: What was recorded last year was the AR live, not the 3D's, they took too long to release it for some unknown reason and got caught in the Selen drama, lost a lot of footage, were forced to edit it again and now are recording the 3D showcases at breakneck speed, although it's unknown if it's because of the drama or because the were planned for a long time. There could be more clues about the making of in Petra's and Rosemi's 3D aftertalks, but I don't have the time or the energy to watch them

If you have any other questions I'll try to answer it as best as I can

Last edited:

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
The streams since the tournament have actually looked a lot better for them in terms of SC. Something that seems common for them is like a small group of dedicated fans spamming 10+ SCs per stream. They are probably gonna hurt on memberships and CCV, but SCs don't look to be an issue.

Well, except for Finana and Aster lol.

Some pulled from the last day:
(This is Hex Haywire's. I recommend not reading the actual SCs if you want to retain your sanity)
I disagree, Hex's superchats should be shared. GFE/BFE superchats are a powerful source of cringe.

yesyourmuffin - "Hex Shhhhh~ no talking and drinking water for me please
72.png
72.png
you can just rest baby"

Jennndyyy - "Hii hexy, i met a kawaii doggie during work today, but then her owner told me she's already 17 years old! I was just like(⁠゜⁠o⁠゜⁠;at that moment. btw dun push yourself too much, take care& rest more"

Nookie - "gm buddy gm sicklings mwah
emoji_u2764.svg
sorry ur feeling sicky, I'll cast a magic spell to help u feel better 🫳
emoji_u1f3fe.svg
emoji_u2728.svg
emoji_u1f31f.svg
emoji_u2728.svg
"

Edit: Emoji's didn't survive copy paste. Too lazy to fix.

Last edited:

God's Strongest Dragoon

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
Guys guys guys, "sister" when refering to "nijisisters" is now a racial slur!!!! They're all chinese reeeeeee. For context this incredibly intelligent nijisanji fan is trying to say the term nijisister is the sfw version of nijinîgger.

USS IOWA

Guys guys guys, "sister" when refering to "nijisisters" is now a racial slur!!!! They're all chinese reeeeeee. For context this incredibly intelligent nijisanji fan is trying to say the term nijisister is the sfw version of nijinîgger.

So we have to call them Sistas now?

agility_

We have some serious streams to discuss 🔨
Early Adopter
How about just "dumb retards".
There's no race reference on that expression.

tgmslc

Its obviously just sisters desperately fighting back but anyone who knows dicks from butts re: 4chan knows that 4channers have been calling one another "Yamanba" since basically day one two decades ago. So I kind of expect this latest NDF tactic to also brain itself on a brick wall and die in a day or two.

Edit: lmao it got censored.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
How about just "dumb retards".
There's no race reference on that expression.
What about the poor mentally handicaped? Nope. Cant say retard. You shall call them meanie poopoo

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO

Its okay @Punished Lurker gave me the pass:

NIJISISTER​

USS IOWA

What about the poor mentally handicaped? Nope. Cant say retard. You shall call them meanie poopoo
Yeah I get that, Comparing the Mentally handicapped to Nijisisters is like comparing Einstein to a drooling Chihuahua.

Last edited:

Koronesuki

X-Potato
It's a stand-in for a racial slur? Which one?

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo

niggaphil

Okay, I will just call them NIJI N I G G E R

:dokibirdWhat:

Top Bottom