"gacha games are poison. i like poison 🥹"Kevin 'Sakana' Li

Nijisanji L Collection

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Hey you moron, have you ever watched... idk... ANY ANIMATED SHOW IN EXISTENCE?
THEY. REPLACE. VAs. ALL. THE. TIME. and so does every other job in the world.
Comparing vtubing to animated show here is ultra retarded of you. They sell a story, product of teamwork, vrtuber corpo sell the person itself. Imagine XQC replaced with some another random dude tomorrow - this is what replacing person behind vtuber avatar is.
It might fly with some scripted videos a-la Kizuna Ai, but never with streaming.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Comparing vtubing to animated show here is ultra retarded of you. They sell a story, product of teamwork, vrtuber corpo sell the person itself. Imagine XQC replaced with some another random dude tomorrow - this is what replacing person behind vtuber avatar is.
That is if you only view vtubers as some mask for a person, but the character also takes on a life of its own. I can assure you this will happen if people don't push back against it hard enough.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
That is if you only view vtubers as some mask for a person, but the character also takes on a life of its own. I can assure you this will happen if people don't push back against it hard enough.
I don't think it'll ever work even with ultra-kayfabe ones. Maybe audience won't plummet quite exponentially there, but result will be the same.

Limkin

This is give and take, not TAKE AND TAKE AND TAKE AND TAKE, if it's gonna be like that then corpos should just abandon the west right now and focus on asia.
He couldn't figure this out a month ago, I don't see how he would realize now. You will be just looping the same arguments I had with him the last time, the man seems to be physically incapable of understanding the world does not exist to satisfy his needs and you actually need to give something in return as well

Negzana

I don't see this being posted, might as well:

"Conglatulations"

raf,360x360,075,t,fafafa_ca443f4786.jpg

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
He couldn't figure this out a month ago, I don't see how he would realize now. You will be just looping the same arguments I had with him the last time, the man seems to be physically incapable of understanding the world does not exist to satisfy his needs and you actually need to give something in return as well
4.png

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

tgmslc

It might fly with some scripted videos a-la Kizuna Ai, but never with streaming.
But it didn't even work with Kizuna Ai. The first big vtubing yab imo was when they tried to replace Nozomi Kasuga with two other random bitches & expected nobody to care. Instead everyone got pissed & the first big vtuber anti's were created.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
MerelyTourist has the same energy in this thread as the people in California saying that all workers should get a minimum $20/hour.

"This would be really good for the workers," MerelyTourist says.
"What about the corpos paying them?"
"Huh? What about them?"

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
MerelyTourist has the same energy in this thread as the people in California saying that all workers should get a minimum $20/hour.

"Huh? What about them?"
Sounds like my Labor Law professor in college, some commie shit right there.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy

"Huh? What about them?"
Never ever once i said that revenue split is unfair or anything like that. I do find issue in how these money utilized though, and in some non-monetary aspects.
Only thing that comes close is that exclusivity without guaranteed salary is unacceptable, IMO.

RestlessRain

Early Adopter
Never ever once i said that revenue split is unfair or anything like that. I do find issue in how these money utilized though, and in some non-monetary aspects.
Just so we're on the same page here... you want a corpo to give up its protection of investments in talents in regards to allowing talents to directly advertise alt accounts, and you want to dispute how corpos and CEOs spend the money they make while taking on the risk of running a business? Any other retarded takes you want to put across or have I covered enough for now?

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Just so we're on the same page here... you want a corpo to give up its protection of investments in regards to talents directly advertising alt accounts,
Never stated this exactly, just some hypothetical exploratory ramblings.
I well understand that it's almost impossible to find good middle ground between labor laws and corpo interests. Corpo always risk being exploited by talents and/or being sued into oblivion, however low it might be. None happend yet, but possibilities exist. The only way to operate all legally clean and protect investment is to be VERY cordial and cater for talents, so they won't leave couple months after debut.
and you want to dispute how corpos and CEOs spend the money they make while taking on the risk of running a business?
i only really call out tardsanji here (hello buyback and minimal wage students), none of the other shitshows had enough revenue to spend on truly dumb shit.

Brosnan Pierce Brosnan

God's Strongest Smartass
Dizzy's Husband
Hypothetically if investments dry up and Riku ends up forced to sell or break down shop what would happen to the Vtuber market?

God's Strongest Dragoon

Hypothetically if investments dry up and Riku ends up forced to sell or break down shop what would happen to the Vtuber market?
If it's completely dissolved?

In Japan? The power vacuum gets filled by Hololive's expanding influence and the other major players in the country like VSPO.

In the West? Very little changes, their relevance in the region has already dwindled significantly over time. HoloEN doesn't necessarily gain a lot of ground as the void left behind is mainly people that were largely contrarians and would never watch HoloEN. The contrarians would likely go watch something else like Idol and those that weren't total contrarians might watch Vshojo. If anything, StarsEN and First Stage would be the ones to see the biggest growth. Phase's growth would be minimal at best as a direct result of the fallout, as their only real benefit is being one of the few remaining agencies in the West with an ability to throw money around.

If it gets sold, it probably gets bought by Brave. I can't speak on how that would change things in Japan but in the West, the changes would be even more minimal than if it were dissolved as many of the members in that branch are radioactive, so they're going down with the ship.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
If it's completely dissolved?

In Japan? The power vacuum gets filled by Hololive's expanding influence and the other major players in the country like VSPO.

In the West? Very little changes, their relevance in the region has already dwindled significantly over time. HoloEN doesn't necessarily gain a lot of ground as the void left behind is mainly people that were largely contrarians and would never watch HoloEN. The contrarians would likely go watch something else like Idol and those that weren't total contrarians might watch Vshojo. If anything, StarsEN and First Stage would be the ones to see the biggest growth. Phase's growth would be minimal at best as a direct result of the fallout, as their only real benefit is being one of the few remaining agencies in the West with an ability to throw money around.

If it gets sold, it probably gets bought Brave. I can't speak on how that would change things in Japan but in the West, the changes would be even more minimal than if it were dissolved as many of the members in that branch are radioactive, so they're going down with the ship.
It would shake japan for sure, Holo would consume the residual viewership to become even more gigantic and likely go totally unchallenged for at least a year, with VSPO (Brave) becoming their new main rival. May also spawn some new JP corpos looking to fill the power vacuum.

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Sell - probably nothing externally would change, at least not immediately. Depends on what the owners would have the new CEO do with the direction of the company.

Breakdown - a lot of people would go indie or Brave would buy all the pieces, maybe?

I don't think the latter scenario would ever happen. Nijisanji is also very much still profitable, even if the EN side is burning, the JP side is doing relatively well. The stock prices are just a reflection of the low confidence people have in the company's management. I think them getting bought and Riku forced out would be more likely to happen than parts being sold off.

tgmslc

I kinda see Hololive as an analog to Nintendo in the gaming space, i.e. a company that cultivates its own demographic of loving fans & mostly ignores the rest of the industry.

Nijisanji is Sony in this analogy. Was hugely popular, even much more so than their main rivals at one point, but made some really stupid decisions that set them on the back foot for a long, long time. They'll probably coast through on the back of the good will they built up originally, though.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I kinda see Hololive as an analog to Nintendo in the gaming space, i.e. a company that cultivates its own demographic of loving fans & mostly ignores the rest of the industry.

Nijisanji is Sony in this analogy. Was hugely popular, even much more so than their main rivals at one point, but made some really stupid decisions that set them on the back foot for a long, long time. They'll probably coast through on the back of the good will they built up originally, though.
I made this comparison on the farms years ago and got fucking screeched at but it's fucking true and everyone knows it.

Top Bottom