"Ah this place is in Massa-shyu-ssutts-shuu~ (State of Massachusetts)"Momosuzu Nene

Nijisanji L Collection

Xuhle

Majority barely aware of nijiJP existence. Just look at translated clips vs holoJP
I think part of that is due to clippers not wanting to deal with blackcolor, and how they could ask for all of there money earned. As well as part not having dedicated fans for it with how much niji yabs.

Last edited:

Faceless Waifu

prompt: 1girl, solo, faceless
Early Adopter
Majority barely aware of nijiJP existence. Just look at translated clips vs holoJP
thats their fault for fostering fujos who only care about the vox and only vox not even looking at the talents outside of whatever guy they flick their bean to rather than foster their steadily growing community whos noticing JP talents back then
Let's not all put the blame on the fujos here, for once. For all its worth, Nijisanji JP never really got much attention nor having the 'N-word' moment that Hololive gotten no thanks to :mikothumbsl: reaction.

While yes Niji has Tsukino Mito who's style of personality back then was enough to gain some attention, it's not as enough compared to Miko. Them being purely focused toward JP doesn't really entice much to the western folks unless it's interesting to them. That said, it's not like it means they didn't get translations (there exist one or two), but for whatever reason it doesn't hit it off like Hololive would.

I don't know if there are list-able factors, but I can hazard a guess things like:
- The fact that clipping JP means translating JP, and they can't really MTL it or something
- The fact that Niji doesn't try to capitalize on hiring clippers/translators to introduce the JP to western audience and instead make them do EN clips (which didn't do well)
- The fact that there isn't talents that could easily talk or interact with the western side of things and give incentive or something to translate over. Hololive got some of their vtuber who at least tried to do engrish or you know... Coco.
- Other factors that either Niji didn't capitalize or it happened due to pure luck thanks to algorithm (Hololive getting noticed, for example)

By the time EN rolls around, EN became it's own hot thing and the clippers naturally just floats there, since it doesn't have the need to translating foreign language, it's remarkably easier. Then the fujo market came in, and I guess the rest is history.

I think part of that is due to clippers not wanting to deal with blackcolor, and how they could ask for all of there money earned. As well as part not having dedicated fans for it with how much niji yabs.
You have to understand that this is before the kurosanji happened. There's no selen terminated-level of fire back then, Niji just didn't able to entice the western audience to start clipping/translating. There are clippers who have worked with Niji and it was during the start of EN, but that's about it.

As for dedicated fans, it's just not enough. Oh yes, there's dedicated fans but is there anyone within such fans that is capable to translate and clip things? Maybe there is, but the majority would either find themselves not picked up by the algorithm (since Hololive was the big thing during that period) or they feel like they would get better views or subscription if they go for the more popular thing.

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
They just have too much talents for them to find consistent clippers. Hell a bunch of holojp girls dont even have ENclippers. Most EN clippers will take a funny moment from a stream here and there from different girls. Per exemple, the only lamy En clipper i found is some random channel with like 50 subscriber and im pretty sure he stopped uploading. Robocco havnt had a single EN clipper for god knows how long.

Clipping, editing and translating takes time. Something that a lot of people dont have. And its hard to make it a full job since the paycheck will be shit and thats if the channel isnt demonetized because youtube feels like it.

Xuhle

Let's not all put the blame on the fujos here, for once. For all its worth, Nijisanji JP never really got much attention nor having the 'N-word' moment that Hololive gotten no thanks to :mikothumbsl: reaction.

While yes Niji has Tsukino Mito who's style of personality back then was enough to gain some attention, it's not as enough compared to Miko. Them being purely focused toward JP doesn't really entice much to the western folks unless it's interesting to them. That said, it's not like it means they didn't get translations (there exist one or two), but for whatever reason it doesn't hit it off like Hololive would.

I don't know if there are list-able factors, but I can hazard a guess things like:
- The fact that clipping JP means translating JP, and they can't really MTL it or something
- The fact that Niji doesn't try to capitalize on hiring clippers/translators to introduce the JP to western audience and instead make them do EN clips (which didn't do well)
- The fact that there isn't talents that could easily talk or interact with the western side of things and give incentive or something to translate over. Hololive got some of their vtuber who at least tried to do engrish or you know... Coco.
- Other factors that either Niji didn't capitalize or it happened due to pure luck thanks to algorithm (Hololive getting noticed, for example)

By the time EN rolls around, EN became it's own hot thing and the clippers naturally just floats there, since it doesn't have the need to translating foreign language, it's remarkably easier. Then the fujo market came in, and I guess the rest is history.

You have to understand that this is before the kurosanji happened. There's no selen terminated-level of fire back then, Niji just didn't able to entice the western audience to start clipping/translating. There are clippers who have worked with Niji and it was during the start of EN, but that's about it.

As for dedicated fans, it's just not enough. Oh yes, there's dedicated fans but is there anyone within such fans that is capable to translate and clip things? Maybe there is, but the majority would either find themselves not picked up by the algorithm (since Hololive was the big thing during that period) or they feel like they would get better views or subscription if they go for the more popular thing.
I wasn't actually implying the yabs in the past year and a half. I mean there's the guy that speed run graduation, how the livers basically revolted against management, the lulu stacker and kr in general.

Edit: and just another thought as to why there probably not enough clippers. The niji talents aren't by themselves entertaining. They are streamers first and entertainer second, not to mention niji like to cut out any creative types that goes beyond singing. Like remember that Selen and ver wanted to make talk show like things. I believe there was only one or two el for both before giving up on those.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I wasn't actually implying the yabs in the past year and a half. I mean there's the guy that speed run graduation, how the livers basically revolted against management, the lulu stacker and kr in general.

Edit: and just another thought as to why there probably not enough clippers. The niji talents aren't by themselves entertaining. They are streamers first and entertainer second, not to mention niji like to cut out any creative types that goes beyond singing. Like remember that Selen and ver wanted to make talk show like things. I believe there was only one or two el for both before giving up on those.
I like how Niji has somehow become the antichrist and was ALWAYS EVIL because of the events of the past 3 or so months. Niji for the longest time was very well liked, all of those old dramas you mention were basically unknown to westoids and mostly forgotten by 2020 and the boom which was when 99% of the EN community began caring. Do not forget Niji pioneered live2d and streaming either, they weren't beyond experimenting and launched international branches before Holo did.

What's the difference in my opinion? Mostly luck, Hololive got lucky and capitalized on that favorable position, they got a small EN following and instantly began exploiting it. And they also got extremely unlucky and ate drama after drama in full view of the newly formed EN fanbase while Niji was the cooler, only for true fans agency. Why did clippers pick Holo? Because it was for normies, that's basically it.
Let's not do revisionist history, please.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
Hololive got lucky and capitalized on that favorable position, they got a small EN following and instantly began exploiting it.
To put in perspective here. Before Hololive exploded in the western scene. Shizuka Rin from Nijisanji had been featured on a Pewdiepie meme review. (I can't find Pewd's video but here is the actual clip that was featured.)

Rin didn't care for/desire a western audience and Nijisanji didn't see any opportunity to jump on appealing to westerners who (probably) didn't care for Japanese vtubing back then.

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
To put in perspective here. Before Hololive exploded in the western scene. Shizuka Rin from Nijisanji had been featured on a Pewdiepie meme review. (I can't find Pewd's video but here is the actual clip that was featured.)

Rin didn't care for/desire a western audience and Nijisanji didn't see any opportunity to jump on appealing to westerners who (probably) didn't care for Japanese vtubing back then.

Well yeah, western vtubing wasn't seen as profitable back then, or even a thing that would ever happen. I think a lot of people had this mentality of japanese media being ostracized in the west and vtubing just being "too weird" for most westerners to accept. HoloEN got a ton of pushback when it was announced and many people thought it was gonna be a flop.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
I like how Niji has somehow become the antichrist and was ALWAYS EVIL because of the events of the past 3 or so months. Niji for the longest time was very well liked, all of those old dramas you mention were basically unknown to westoids and mostly forgotten by 2020 and the boom which was when 99% of the EN community began caring. Do not forget Niji pioneered live2d and streaming either, they weren't beyond experimenting and launched international branches before Holo did.

What's the difference in my opinion? Mostly luck, Hololive got lucky and capitalized on that favorable position, they got a small EN following and instantly began exploiting it. And they also got extremely unlucky and ate drama after drama in full view of the newly formed EN fanbase while Niji was the cooler, only for true fans agency. Why did clippers pick Holo? Because it was for normies, that's basically it.
Let's not do revisionist history, please.
It's not revisionism, when it's true. Evidence show that niji was always syssematically bad, on many different levels. What you saying equals to "NSDAP germany wasn't always evil, and they pioneered space rockets!"
add: Extreme example, i know. But the fact that public perception in early stages was good doesn't cancel the rotten core.

Last edited:

VSoyBoy

It's not revisionism, when it's true. Evidence show that niji was always syssematically bad. What you saying equals to "NSDAP germany wasn't always evil, and they pioneered space rockets!"
Right, let's shut this thread down, we've reached the point where Niji was compared to Hitler's Germany. Pack it up everybody.

I Wanna Die

Don't do drugs, blow all your money on vtubers
It's not revisionism, when it's true. Evidence show that niji was always syssematically bad, on many different levels. What you saying equals to "NSDAP germany wasn't always evil, and they pioneered space rockets!"
Nazis weren't evil, they were just ahead of their time. They'd be beloved today.

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
It's not revisionism, when it's true. Evidence show that niji was always syssematically bad, on many different levels. What you saying equals to "NSDAP germany wasn't always evil, and they pioneered space rockets!" The fact that public perception was good doesn't cancel the rotten core.
brother we were talking about the presence of JP in the EN sphere and how its a stark contrast of what Holo is what are you yapping about germany and all that complicated bullshit

Saturnus

haha it's unou
add: Extreme example, i know. But the fact that public perception in early stages was good doesn't cancel the rotten core.
Aren't you the cuck chair atheist guy?

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

The Stalker and KR are special but the first one was also present in Holo (Hitomi Chris, although for very different reasons), i dont think HoloJP ever revolted against management so thats an ok point

But the rest is just nonsense, most NijiJPs have great viewership, great charisma, and absolutely fantastic collabs, they arent as visible to us thanks to the fact that the JP clippers dried up due to various factors, but alot of JPs have great personalities and entertaining streams, they wouldnt have gotten big if they werent entertaining, nobody is watching them sorely because they stream content.

Also, NijiEN alone has had a fuckton of variety content, almost every gen had their own little gameshow type stream for themselves and there are a large amount of cross gen and even branch (mostly with ID thanks to Mika) ones, i think they've had more big collabs than HoloEN ever did because some of the livers had an ok amount of chemistry and not as much male collab autism besides some fujo moments

Do your reps onegai before talking retarded shit

Why do i get the feeling you just got all "NIJI WAS ALWAYS ROTTEN REEE" from that one redditor who posted here, it was an ok summuary of the past Yabs but like Holo they always seemed to make up for it somehow to an extent

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Ahhhh, we've finally gotten to the "moralizing" point of internet crusades.
This is why I always like playing devil's advocate in this kind of shit, call me contrarian or whatever you like. I have never liked Niji yet I now find myself defending them a bit because of this bullshit.

I just don't like it when discussions devolve into "everyone agrees" because the subject is so absolutely indefensible, and then people begin loosing track of facts and reality because everyone wants the validation of being agreed with, and then we just become a bunch of redditors sucking each other's dicks to get karma. Shit like this NEEDS to get stopped in its tracks and brought back down to earth.

Xuhle

The Stalker and KR are special but the first one was also present in Holo (Hitomi Chris), i dont think HoloJP ever revolted against management so thats an ok point

But the rest is just nonsense, most NijiJPs have great viewership, great charisma, and absolutely fantastic collabs, they arent as visible to us thanks to the fact that the JP clippers dried up due to various factors, but alot of JPs have great personalities and entertaining streams, they wouldnt have gotten big if they werent entertaining, nobody is watching them sorely because they stream content.

Also, NijiEN alone has had a fuckton of variety content, almost every gen had their own little gameshow type stream for themselves and there are a large amount of cross gen and even branch (mostly with ID thanks to Mika) ones, i think they've had more big collabs than HoloEN ever did because some of the livers had an ok amount of chemistry and not as much male collab autism besides some fujo moments
You act like the game shows are a big thing. Certainly it takes work to set it up but whos to say that management also wasn't the one to push for it because they are easy and cheap. The two I named in en that I remember at least two attempts, specifics of them not so much, that was tasuki talk and ver radio. Which I remember there got left behind on.

Like from what I remember from ver debut stream he said he wanted to do the radio stream weekly, going to look in that while certainly more then I thought at 11 ep, he's not done another in 6 months. Then you have management also cutting off Selen from tournaments hosting and that mess it caused even though niji was seemingly paying for nothing from them.

Saturnus

haha it's unou
and then we just become a bunch of redditors sucking each other's dicks to get karma.
Nah bro that's the best part.

Nijisanji Bad!

Press "winner" if you agree below :smugselen:

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
You act like the game shows are a big thing. Certainly it takes work to set it up but whos to say that management also wasn't the one to push for it because they are easy and cheap. The two I named in en that I remember at least two attempts, specifics of them not so much, that was tasuki talk and ver radio. Which I remember there got left behind on.

Like from what I remember from ver debut stream he said he wanted to do the radio stream weekly, going to look in that while certainly more then I thought at 11 ep, he's not done another in 6 months. Then you have management also cutting off Selen from tournaments hosting and that mess it caused even though niji was seemingly paying for nothing from them.
nigga you mentioned variety content like the radioshows, i mentioned examples of variety content, and now you say its easy and management mandated
lmao
Also no offence to Ver because apparently he is an OK guy but his Radioshow streams seem to just be fancy zatsudans with Marshmellow Q&As, its not the easiest thing in the world, but its also not a grand overtaking

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I was watching the lawfag talk about HoloCN and I think he's spiraling too...
He, NO JOKE, went "Nijisanji probably instigated the taiwan drama to take Holo out of the chinese market" :whatastory: Like bro... don't you already have enough dirt on them? Do we need to make 9/11 style conspiracies now?

at 3:35:55

Xuhle

nigga you mentioned variety content like the radioshows, i mentioned examples of variety content, and now you say its easy and management mandated
lmao
Also no offence to Ver because apparently he is an OK guy but his Radioshow streams seem to just be fancy zatsudants with Marshmellow Q&As, its not the easiest thing in the world, but its also not a grand overtaking
The radio shows were stuff different and what I remember attempts for. And are you disagreeing that game shows aren't easy or possible mandated. We know in the contract niji can tell them to do things

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Why do i get the feeling you just got all "NIJI WAS ALWAYS ROTTEN REEE" from that one redditor who posted here, it was an ok summuary of the past Yabs but like Holo they always seemed to make up for it somehow to an extent
Unlike holo, Niji comes off as a company that's somehow still afloat despite all management efforts to tank it.
There is one good managerial practice: when fuckup happens, you don't punish the employee, but sit down with all responsible and relevant people and write reports on how exactly fuckup happend and proposals to prevent same in the future. Depending on the issue, it might be one person or whole company thing. Holo seems to do that, in some form. Niji seems to do ususal retarded jap thing - shift the blame and punish someone at the bottom of hierarchy, sweep under the rug as much as possible, and, ideally, change nothing.

Top Bottom