"A fruit fly flew into my mouth during the meet & greet and I didnt want to worry all the beautiful con-goer cookies so i swallowed. 🙃"Amanogawa Shiina

NEXAS: The Kick Sweatshop for Vtubers!

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
I wonder if any of those poor talents had any idea they'd be crammed in with 26 other suckers and then locked to an app none of their potential viewers have any incentive to download when they signed their contracts.
I do wish the best for them, but honestly, all of the red flags were already on the NEXAS website, and should have become even clearer during the audition process (according to the dropout posts). These are people who don't know what red flags are.

:dokibirdWhat:

20240426-015312.png

I like how you can tell it's ChatGPT even without putting them side by side because his English suddenly improved.

Omega is thanking their stars they aren't the biggest screw up in vtubing now.
Unless...? :baeJam:

This company gained some notorious trending in Taiwan forum as well.
Do share.

Last edited:

Seth

Fubuki's Best Friendo
So according to this article (a), IZUMO, the company behind Anilive (the new streaming platform), managed to secure over $14 million USD in funding. Note that according to Harry's Linkedin, he was the growth lead for AnotherBall which is IZUMO.
So im wondering, they have the funds, why does it look so bad? As far as im aware the CEO of the Anilive app isnt directly working at Nexas, but they clearly work together. Is Nexas just a test for the app and they're going to grow onto bigger things than just a streaming platform for vtubers?

The article mentions investors like the founder of Crunchyroll. It doesnt look like a small project, and yet the vtubers of Nexas cant even have managers. I feel the vtubers of Nexas will just be used and tossed aside.

Last edited by a moderator:

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy

5x2h a week of yapping in thier shitty app is insane. 3x1h a week would realistic. Dude is fucking wasted. I expect first dropouts in 2 months, then will come google docs and twitlongers. At least one of the girls drew model herself, could get spicy there.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I'm genuinely in fucking awe at what a shitshow this is turning into, it's like they've looked at everything you'd want to do to promote vtuber debuts, and done the opposite.

The funniest part of all of this will be when some literal-nobody restreams the debuts on Twitch and gets more viewers than on the official app.
And then harry will have a big raging chimpout on twitter about it and streisand-effect 100 other re-streams into existence.
>No dedicated manager
It's just a fucking discord server, isn't it...
>Focus on Self-management skills
Man, it's like a vtuber agency, without the vtuber agency perks
>The more you actively try to use NEXAS, the bigger support you'll be getting
So when are they revealing their MLM Vtuber tiers ?
bitconnect-scam.gif
The only thing missing is a line of Nexas NFTs, made with the same AI used to create their vtubers.
This company gained some notorious trending in Taiwan forum as well.

I just realised the CEO is a half Taiwanese + half Japanese muggle

Instead of inheriting the good gene of Yagoo and Fishman, He inherited Rikku and AkioAir bad genetics.

This is why this fucking muggle is so easily chimped out in the twitter, and talk some wild shit out of nowhere :dokiSmug:
Are the taiwanese wizards now? Do you guys transmute rice into microprocessors?

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Here's a reddit thread from somebody who allegedly got past screening. According to him:
  • They weren't told many of the details after getting past screening.
  • Streaming on other sites is "discouraged' and they're mainly focused on the Anilive app.
  • Mainly focused on chatting streams, the company doesn't want gaming streams.
  • None of the talents were told that the app would be iOS only, so Lulu presumably had to come up with all of these fixes last-minute until they get the app up and running on Android.
  • The company pays for the model, but that's it. Everything else is on the talent aside from a few self-help resources.
He posted this image as proof.
1714108099035672.jpg
tl;dr we want a cut of your revenue for doing fuck all

So here we have

>marketing efforts in vain because the sheer number of talents means they'll cannibalise each other's views
>app exclusivity destroying post-debut growth
>no management to support or advise them
>no guaranteed salary to compensate for the anchors the corpo put around their neck

There's none of the perks of being in a corpo, with more drawbacks than usual.

Big PiPi Energy

New Year, New Autism!
Early Adopter
Still less black than Negrosanji though. These morons were at least honest about not offering fuck all to the talents.

Not a very high bar still..

I eagerly await for things to get much MUCH worse in the near future.

Last edited:

mysticdreamlife

Miia Enjoyer
Limited reach on an iOS app only. I bet the infrastructure will be so poor they'll be streaming to people at 10fps or along those lines.

Considering the thread title is "Kick Sweatshop" - all of them would actually be better streaming there than on that app.

Ballpark_Look

The more I here about this company the more I think they are literally making vtuber Blue Lock.

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Seems like harry's spergout finally made him and his agency (in)famous, I now see them being talked about everywhere (never in a good light).

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull
I'm trying to think what the better version of this all would have been, instead of half-assing all these things that really, really need to be functional.

For one, waiting to debut most of the talents on AniLive until after the app was fully working and accessible. Maybe have ten of them on the app during alpha/beta phase, so they could ride out the growing pains but also potentially benefit from being the first on the ground. Have the rest build up with shorts or yt vids or whatever to build anticipation.

Also the streaming requirements for what they're doing are kind of wild for what they're offering. Two hours a day isn't terrible, but 5 days a week is a lot when you consider these will all be just chatting streams. They'll have to be pretty solid streamers to make sure it doesn't get monotonous.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
I'm trying to think what the better version of this all would have been, instead of half-assing all these things that really, really need to be functional.

For one, waiting to debut most of the talents on AniLive until after the app was fully working and accessible. Maybe have ten of them on the app during alpha/beta phase, so they could ride out the growing pains but also potentially benefit from being the first on the ground. Have the rest build up with shorts or yt vids or whatever to build anticipation.

Also the streaming requirements for what they're doing are kind of wild for what they're offering. Two hours a day isn't terrible, but 5 days a week is a lot when you consider these will all be just chatting streams. They'll have to be pretty solid streamers to make sure it doesn't get monotonous.
I think the app itself is a death knell. The reality is that the sheer variety of content on the Internet has made us ADHD to the point where nobody is going to put any effort into seeking out entertainment on a new platform when there is hours upon hours of it being spoonfed to us right where we already are. With online media you're working in an environment where if your website takes more than two seconds to load, the user will have clicked off to another tab and got distracted by something else; you can't afford to place any hurdles between the user and the thing you're trying to sell them.

Harry's got too optimistic and is acting like he's already managing a successful business. Hololive can get away with redirecting people off of YouTube to those Japanese ticketing sites to watch HoloFes events because they're fucking Hololive, they've established not just a foundation for the company but also a strong audience of fanatics who will actively seek out the talents they like no matter where they are. This kind of consumer enthusiasm has taken them years of consistently great content and goodwill to build up, you can't take that for granted when you're a brand new corpo literally on the ground floor.

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Evanit0 weighs in;

NEXAS - Evanit0 gives his two cents..png

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Kuri Rinji

Red Nousagi

Nenélove

Cured and Medicated
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Evanit0 weighs in;

@Awoogers SAY THE LINE!
No wonder you say it on reflex as if it was a biological response.

What level of retard do you have to be for this take? "Here's like 12 reasons to explain how it will fail and why I think it's actually pretty dumb overall. But here's how NEXAS can still win."
His logic is worse than the company in question, and literally everyone thinks it's going to crash and burn because of how they're fucking up the starting point. Why the fuck would you start at 20+ people for a trial of a new app? Why wouldn't you do the trial before release, or do a solo test stream in the first place? WHY the fuck would you think it's smart to do all this when you can't even get support outside of whatever weird backroom deals you have carrying you?

"This conversation didn't need to happen" :confusedshuba:

People didn't need to dicuss what looks like a scam, how terrible everything looks, how silly it was for the ceo to have slap fights on xitter instead of maybe reassuring people or explaining an actual game plan, or how all these people are probably about to get exploited? And that's arguably a short list. I dunno sounds like a few relevant topics to me.

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
@Awoogers SAY THE LINE!

What level of retard do you have to be for this take? "Here's like 12 reasons to explain how it will fail and why I think it's actually pretty dumb overall. But here's how NEXAS can still win."
His logic is worse than the company in question, and literally everyone thinks it's going to crash and burn because of how they're fucking up the starting point. Why the fuck would you start at 20+ people for a trial of a new app? Why wouldn't you do the trial before release, or do a solo test stream in the first place? WHY the fuck would you think it's smart to do all this when you can't even get support outside of whatever weird backroom deals you have carrying you?

People didn't need to dicuss what looks like a scam, how terrible everything looks, how silly it was for the ceo to have slap fights on xitter instead of maybe reassuring people or explaining an actual game plan, or how all these people are probably about to get exploited? And that's arguably a short list. I dunno sounds like a few relevant topics to me.
you see, people read the contract and signed up for this shit willingly like retards so the company has a free reign to do retarded shit with their launch

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
@Awoogers SAY THE LINE!

what fucking kind of Yamanba logic is this nigga yappin about

YamanbaYamanbaYamanbaYamanbaYamanba you are a fucking Yamanba Yamanbanito shut your slave ass up

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
you see, people read the contract and signed up for this shit willingly like retards so the company has a free reign to do retarded shit with their launch
Probably the only thing he said that made any level of sense, people need contract reading lessons. Or be told how to get that shit checked out by someone professional. Crazy though that he's just like "blatant sketchy business is fine so long as you can find the right people to exploit." Most people would consider that a bit much I think.

what fucking kind of Yamanba logic is this nigga yappin about

YamanbaYamanbaYamanbaYamanbaYamanba you are a fucking Yamanba Yamanbanito shut your slave ass up
Summonable racism bot is a pretty nice feature here.

Fucking YTs

I just want to annoy people in peace.
Early Adopter
No dark mode in the app and I can't stream? What's the point?
IMG_4927.PNGIMG_4928.PNG
TestFlight can only handle 10k users... I hope it can keep up. :smugrys:

Top Bottom