"I may still be a space baby, but wait till you see the size of my rocket!"Tsukumo Sana

NEXAS: The Kick Sweatshop for Vtubers!

God's Fattest Moojisan

Don't watch Vtubers, do hard drugs. Better for you
This app already looks like a piece of shit that an Indian would code in about four hours for some bean curd.
Harry only hires the best coders off fiverr

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
The screen is absolutely disgusting mess of visual noise and nonsense that gets in the way of everything. I unironically love Maxor at his most ADHD editing style but even that doesn't compare to this level of gibberish.

Nigel Nigerman

The Niggest Negro in Nigeria
If Lulu would reincarnate in another vtuber persona I would gladly support her there, she's wasted here.

Cubanodun

Herald of the first of many
The screen is absolutely disgusting mess of visual noise and nonsense that gets in the way of everything. I unironically love Maxor at his most ADHD editing style but even that doesn't compare to this level of gibberish.
Fun fact: if you pay attention you would see the same people rejoining again and again, this is because the damn thing crash if people spam to many emotes/stickers/burgers

Tightpinch

Archivist edit: A

Last edited by a moderator:

Slutpuppies

unity love, resident luxiem fangull
Looking at the person streaming, the gifts being sent being the same size as regular text is not great.

Oddly enough, this is about as good a stress test as an app can get, it's a damn shame it's on the back of 27 talents.

braindoko

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist

Archivist edit: A

Reminder that Captain, CEO of AniLive, raised USD$14.8M last year.
So according to this article (a), IZUMO, the company behind Anilive (the new streaming platform), managed to secure over $14 million USD in funding. Note that according to Harry's Linkedin, he was the growth lead for AnotherBall which is IZUMO.
So im wondering, they have the funds, why does it look so bad? As far as im aware the CEO of the Anilive app isnt directly working at Nexas, but they clearly work together. Is Nexas just a test for the app and they're going to grow onto bigger things than just a streaming platform for vtubers?

The article mentions investors like the founder of Crunchyroll. It doesnt look like a small project, and yet the vtubers of Nexas cant even have managers. I feel the vtubers of Nexas will just be used and tossed aside.

I get that tech can be unintuitively expensive, but this deserves a lot more attention. I thought Vtweeters liked to carry on about eating the rich.

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Kronii finally has her NPC app. You think she'll leave hololive for this?

Tightpinch

Cubanodun

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter

Kourai

Early Adopter
Archivist
AniLive wants face tracking to work for the streamer side before they release it to Android viewers? :confusedshuba:

...So in the auditions, did they tell people iOS only (because as if they'd buy work iPhones for everyone like Niji and Holo)?

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
Jesus Christ, is the app just sending the avatar movement data to the viewers' phones, rather than an encoded video feed? That's the only reason I could think the difference in tracking tech would matter, and if so that explains why they're exclusively doing chatting streams rather than anything involving games or video reactions.

Cubanodun

AniLive wants face tracking to work for the streamer side before they release it to Android viewers? :confusedshuba:

...So in the auditions, did they tell people iOS only (because as if they'd buy work iPhones for everyone like Niji and Holo)?
the problem is face tracking for WHAT? does the app include vtuber studio?

Kourai

Early Adopter
Archivist
Jesus Christ, is the app just sending the avatar movement data to the viewers' phones, rather than an encoded video feed? That's the only reason I could think the difference in tracking tech would matter, and if so that explains why they're exclusively doing chatting streams rather than anything involving games or video reactions.
That would be much lighter and cheaper on the backend than serving video. It's also the principle behind Holoearth. But while Hololive can use Holoearth for concerts, here you're getting Vtuber Tiktok.

They could also do karaokes actually, since AniLive won't have ContentID yet. :BijouBijou:

the problem is face tracking for WHAT? does the app include vtuber studio?
Yes. It's implied that on the streamer's side, the AniLive app itself controls the model. From the AniLive website:
As an AniLiver, you can effortlessly stream at any time, and from anywhere - even from the comfort of your own bed.

Cubanodun

That would be much lighter and cheaper on the backend than serving video. It's also the principle behind Holoearth. But while Hololive can use Holoearth for concerts, here you're getting Vtuber Tiktok.

They could also do karaokes actually, since AniLive won't have ContentID yet. :bijoubijou:

Yes. It's implied that on the streamer's side, the AniLive app itself controls the model. From the AniLive website:
So let me get this, they are believing the great majority of the users of the platform are vtubers and because of that they are blocking the entire thing instead of releasing a app that at least lets us watch the streamers they have now? this is definitely having your priorities backwards

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter
On a base level it is, but it's incredibly limiting since their content can't evolve beyond what the app can sequence natively. Most existing vtuber audiences enjoy gaming streams, the phoneposter zoomers like reaction content, and that setup would mean they can't do either.

Nenélove

Dying from mexican sickness
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

They could also do karaokes actually, since AniLive won't have ContentID yet. :BijouBijou:

Wtf? So this isn't just some YouTube knockoff for vtubers, but also a weird vtubestudio copycat as well? What's the point in that you retarded chinks.

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Wtf? So this isn't just some YouTube knockoff for vtubers, but also a weird vtubestudio copycat as well? What's the point in that you retarded chinks.
Literal Minor villain tier plan
Please Niji let someone graduate or Mike bomb your ex-husband to have something funny

Top Bottom