"lmao... snort!"Amiya Aranha

NEXAS: The Kick Sweatshop for Vtubers!

Kourai

Not pictured: the will to live
Early Adopter
Archivist
So let me get this, they are believing the great majority of the users of the platform are vtubers and because of that they are blocking the entire thing instead of releasing a app that at least lets us watch the streamers they have now? this is definitely having your priorities backwards
Wtf? So this isn't just some YouTube knockoff for vtubers, but also a weird vtubestudio copycat as well? What's the point in that you retarded chinks.
I'm going with Hff201's guess above. It's not that they think the majority of the users are Vtubers. Rather, it's possible that the app currently only serves model and tracking data, instead of encoded video. Hence, the viewer's side needs to be able to process the tracking data, and AniLive is saying that they haven't gotten that to work on Android yet.

On the Vtubers' side, you sell it by saying "who wants to Vtube with Vtubestudio piping into OBS on a PC? Just pick up your phone and press Go Live". Zoomers would buy it.

braindoko

Vtubers walked so Bakura could run
10/10 he's the chosen one

x Hades Stamps

Is this shit just tik tok??
I’m pretty sure TikTok has more features than this.
For what in the fuck does Ani Live need face tracking for?
Apparently they’re prioritizing the creation aspect over the viewing aspect. Because that totally makes sense (/s)
On a base level it is, but it's incredibly limiting since their content can't evolve beyond what the app can sequence natively. Most existing vtuber audiences enjoy gaming streams, the phoneposter zoomers like reaction content, and that setup would mean they can't do either.
Yeah, that’d be like audio in NES cartridges. As, apart from the 5th Delta PCM (sample) chip, there is no prerecorded audio (only instructions for synths in the console), you’re only going to get those sounds. Basically doing that, but with video, and no sample chip. But still:
I'm going with Hff201's guess above. It's not that they think the majority of the users are Vtubers. Rather, it's possible that the app currently only serves model and tracking data, instead of encoded video. Hence, the viewer's side needs to be able to process the tracking data, and AniLive is saying that they haven't gotten that to work on Android yet.
I really hope it isn’t, though. Offloading all that onto the end device can take a large chunk of resources on an actual computer, let alone a mobile device (especially something fairly cheap and old like mine)

Cubanodun

Herald of the first of many
Vtubers walked so Bakura could run
10/10 he's the chosen one
His TLDR

Screenshot_5.jpg

The rest of the battle report

Clotho: emperor mercy he suck ass at singing i dont know why he is trying to hold high notes, he is just bootleg luka, literally even in the voice department

Lasso: the cowgirl is definitely ESL but by far the best, she feels like a ex indie that somehow got in this mess, the other worrying thing is that even with experience she is 19 so that open a new can of worms

Oddette: she really doesnt know how to mix her audio heh, so much for the school of vtubing, her voice is super soft and her model is not trash but is stuck with that pose, for some reason still she has the softest voice i have ever heard, why did she end in sweatshopxas remain a mistery

Liobel: the model IS TRASH, his mic has weird levels but this one apparently has the zatsu levels skyhigh, also someone in chat joked that maybe he is latino, i confirmed on twitter he actually is, he remind me of Almantas but buffed

Enaria: She sounds pretty normal but is hilarious when she just went and popped a bottle of wine, talk very fast, she also made her own model, did she got paid for it?

Esila: why is Reimu here? is she trying to get away from Negrosanji? she soft mention that she is going to stream in other platforms specifically fighting games

Poette: this girl just went and put the freaking radio on her debut, and because they are not on twitch or youtube she cant get hit by copyright, i had high hopes from her until she mentioned the alphabets and called herself queer

Bakurah: he has that youtube essaist voice, his voice is really generic, you can go to any discord and you would hear someone like him, someone in my discord describe his voice as "tech bro doing unboxing"

Pyon: i dont know really he was muted the entire time, he sounds like a homo

Banana Hammock

Born to Sneed
Early Adopter
Jesus, this Pyon guy is awful.

Hff201

Pippa Fan, Failed Normalfriend
Early Adopter

On the Vtubers' side, you sell it by saying "who wants to Vtube with Vtubestudio piping into OBS on a PC? Just pick up your phone and press Go Live". Zoomers would buy it.
Just to give a comparison since I realise my previous wording was a bit vague, think of it like video game music. In the early days of console gaming, it wasn't practical to include full audio files like you'd find on a CD in the game since there was very little cartridge space to work with, so as a workaround the game would include the BGM compositions written out as instructions for the console on which samples to play at what pitch and time to recreate the song, since that information could be saved as a significantly smaller text file.

I theorise that the app is doing this with the visual component of the streams, instead of broadcasting a video file, it's just sending instructions to the user's phone on where to place the model, which expression it should be showing etc., with the only encoded data being the audio which is less resource-intensive to encode on the fly.

I stress I am only speculating with only a few minutes of a restream to go on and could be completely wrong here, but this is the only explanation I could think of on why they'd have trouble making it work on different operating systems. The user's device would need to understand the same "language" as the streamer's device. If it were a live video it wouldn't be too complicated to create an Android version of the app that just points to the same video feed as the iOS version, since video formats are pretty standardised these days.

bothyourhouses

Just to say explicitly because others aren't mentioning it directly: the reason you'd do this is it's a lot less bandwidth intensive than actual video. You could run a streaming service for basically the price of doing internet radio, rather than needing Google/Amazon levels of funding.

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Presuming this is the case then I do see a lot of the issues of this platform they're trying to make with you guys explaining it. I dunno if I have enough faith to believe it but that makes a lot more sense than what we're used to for normal streaming. Also explains why the tech side would be such a shit show and how this wasn't really possible to test too well pre-release. If they maybe tried explaining this instead of throwing a hissy on twitter at people asking why everything looks so insanely shady then they might* not have looked like they were basically abducting children to put in the mines for profit. Would have been a much better foot forward at least.

*I still consider that a fairly big might. Even if this explains most of the tech issues, that doesn't change anything about how everything else looks.

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy
Anyone thinking that replaying model tracking could rely on client hardware is technologically illiterate. Playback code is always exactly same for every platform, mobile or desktop.

Black Sheep

I think this could be what they're going for. Establish some "talents", and then sell no effort required vtubing to every vtweeter and tiktok zoomer so they can be just like them. I didn't see viewcounts on the twitch restreams, but if there were any I would expect them to be juiced to promote the platform to attention seekers. Remember, on a platform like Tiktok with a low effort ceiling to content creation every zoomer is used to concurrently watching and creating content, so by lowering the barrier to entry to vtubing (for a fee) they hope to cash in on this culture.

Or who knows, it could just be another Asian retard with a terrible business plan.

frz

So because this brought up again, I checked their website and found this picture
Academia-announcement_compressed-1200x675.png

If you look closely, the my hero academia's character had their eyes censored using the hentai censor. Whoever designed this is a genius. He's subtly pointing that this is a fuckfest. You can't make this shit up honestly.

Also, retarded vtuberfound out that Nexas were going to do the exact thing they said they would on their website after auditioning and present them as if never before seen evidence.
:nehgah:
At least she brought one new information out of 4 tweets is that NEXAS also asked you to make content on youtube to promote their shitty app, apparently

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member
Also, retarded vtuberfound out that Nexas were going to do the exact thing they said they would on the fucking website after auditioning and present them as if never before seen evidence.

I don't think this is true. There's a difference between the way they present themselves and how they internally function. I think a lot of people can't really believe that the whole 'vtuber battle royale' aspect was sincere given how blatantly counterproductive and anticonsumer it is. It's important to have verifiable claims and internal confirmation of these kinds of things.

Nenélove

Dying from mexican sickness
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Legal brainfart talked about it (cause now every dramafag has to have a 2 hour stream about every fucking drama nothingburger)

idk what he said cause I can't be bothered to watch, but it's probably not that insightful.

Tightpinch

x Hades Stamps

In my view, he is objectively wrong about what it means

The Proctor

Manager Arc Unlocked?
Staff member

MerelyTourist

jkterjter jkterjtier
LM's Ladyboy

At first approximation, he is correct. But differnet people require different stimuli to grow. Peer pressure, mentor/idol pressure, monetary pressure, or just being left alone to do whatever they want without any worries. Then, tone of the incentive: some work best with positive stimulation, others with negative. Abstract "psyching up" doesn't work, it needs to be individual and very nuanced.

Nenélove

Dying from mexican sickness
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine

This guy really only sees talents as cattle to be worked so that profits can be extracted. Idk why he talks such a big fucking game about management and whatever when it is rumored his stupid agency doesn't have any. I'd let Yagoo talk like this about management and shit, because he can and has the experience, what the fuck does this ching chong know?

Nigel Nigerman

The Niggest Negro in Nigeria
Legal brainfart talked about it (cause now every dramafag has to have a 2 hour stream about every fucking drama nothingburger)

idk what he said cause I can't be bothered to watch, but it's probably not that insightful.

@MerelyTourist your Lawyer oshi who you love to gargle his balls made a video. Any summary on what it is?

Harry tem um pau pequeno e cérebro pequeno

Superduper Samurai

Early Adopter
Top Bottom