"What the hell is a 'power bottom'?"Chisaka Airi

Minato Aqua Graduation Doomposting Thread

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"
Excuse the double posting:
Screenshot-20240827-091550.png

Screenshot-20240827-091559.png

Screenshot-20240827-091620.png

Broke me, man. Pekora is such a sweetheart. Really going to miss these two collabing, but I'm happy knowing these two are such good friends and will almost certainly continue so.
:pomuLove:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

Pekora late on the stream probably finishing up the thing that she wants to show to Aqua one last time.
View attachment 76838

Edit: damn man, they are crying.
:gunpeko:

Pekora said she was late cause the typhoon weather delayed her train. She was so sad that she might not get to talk to Aqua that she started crying. But she was with other Holos so she had to hide it.

Aqua laughed hard cause she thought the idea of Pekora crying for her on a train was the funniest fucking thing.

Pekora paid her back by making her and every single one of us watching burst into fucking tears. Then she dropped her in a hole and abandoned her. These two are the best.

Last edited:

Negzana

Abomination

Rewatching it with the translation broke me again.

Even before their friendship blossomed as much as it did recently, you could tell they liked each other and probably wanted to become as good of friends as they are now. I'm really happy that we were able to witness it finally happen and lead up to such a wholesome moment.

One more "See you tomorrow"

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter

Rewatching it with the translation broke me again.

Even before their friendship blossomed as much as it did recently, you could tell they liked each other and probably wanted to become as good of friends as they are now. I'm really happy that we were able to witness it finally happen and lead up to such a wholesome moment.

One more "See you tomorrow"

Even with the spoilers leading up to this post giving it away that shit still hit me for a couple tears. As I said I'm not even a big follower of hers. Mostly just someone who caught fun clips or collab things + lives or whatnot. In the long of it all she's a legacy part of why my little autism hobby is where it is. A lot of the scene as I came to know it for sure, but very specifically this part of it with this corpo and all the people in it that I DO like and try to follow. She helped it grow for most of its existence and get where it is so my dumbass could get trapped in this weird ass rabbit hole it has ended up being.
It still sucks, but I'm also extremely glad that she's able to go out on her own terms and doing it how she wants. Especially since it seemed like recently it was mostly a bad streak of people who just ended up gone one day without any fanfare.

Starting to think that almost anyone could graduate Hololive (outside of extrenuous circumstances) and I'll turn into a little bitch for a 10 minute period with a few tears and some gay paragraph lmao. Damn anime women keep preventing me from being angry at the world constantly. Feels like I can only manage it for like 94.45% of the time because of them.

Last edited:

PleaseCheckYourReceipts

Even with the spoilers leading up to this post giving it away that shit still hit me for a couple tears. As I said I'm not even a big follower of hers. Mostly just someone who caught fun clips or collab things + lives or whatnot. In the long of it all she's a legacy part of why my little autism hobby is where it is. A lot of the scene as I came to know it for sure, but very specifically this part of it with this corpo and all the people in it that I DO like and try to follow. She helped it grow for most of its existence and get where it is so my dumbass could get trapped in this weird ass rabbit hole it has ended up being.
It still sucks, but I'm also extremely glad that she's able to go out on her own terms and doing it how she wants. Especially since it seemed like recently it was mostly a bad streak of people who just ended up gone one day without any fanfare.

Starting to think that almost anyone could graduate Hololive (outside of extrenuous circumstances) and I'll turn into a little bitch for a 10 minute period with a few tears and some gay paragraph lmao. Damn anime women keep preventing me from being an angry at the world constantly. Feels like I can only manage it for like 94.45% of the time because of them.

Hololive has tapped into the actual Idol Cycle. Everyone eventually moves on, so you get both the joy for the member and the sadness in knowing its ended. Cover has also done a solid job of maintaining a "for our audience" effect by, you know, actually trying to do stuff for their audience. The Japanese do seem to have a much better grasp of the fleeting nature of all of this, at least for now.

Abomination

I didn't get to catch her chatting stream because of work, but apparently, Nene called her during the stream:

Poor Nene can't hold it back either.
:yagoocry:

Latte'Ninba

God is dead. You aren't. Keep running.
Early Adopter
Hololive has tapped into the actual Idol Cycle. Everyone eventually moves on, so you get both the joy for the member and the sadness in knowing its ended. Cover has also done a solid job of maintaining a "for our audience" effect by, you know, actually trying to do stuff for their audience. The Japanese do seem to have a much better grasp of the fleeting nature of all of this, at least for now.
I was never a person who followed bands or did any big fan level keep up like most people do for their favorite musicians and such. Let alone Idol stuff itself AT ALL. So guess I never really had that experience where I actually like the overall group but had to watch people who were a large part of it trickle out until I tripped into this tism pit.

It wasn't a long time ago that the whole concept of it being a school allegory of "Start, Journey, Graduation (hopefuly into better things)" would have been totally lost on me.

Last edited:

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
I didn't get to catch her chatting stream because of work, but apparently, Nene called her during the stream:

Poor Nene can't hold it back either.
:yagoocry:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NENECHI DON'T CRY!
:pikameefuck::pikameefuck::pikameefuck::pikameefuck::pikameefuck::pikameefuck::pikameefuck::pikameefuck::pikameefuck:

Willemshaven

Outlasted the Chinese Community Sinicization Group
True & Honest Holofan
Lamy cancelled her stream to watch Aqua's Minecraft stream.

Translation of Aqua's final message in Minecraft to future hololive members. [Archive]
EDIT: Clip of Aqua writing the message.

Aqua's message (TL by Sanest Tamanegi):
___
Hello.
I am Minato Aqua, a 2nd gen member of Hololive.
How much time has passed since my graduation?
Do you remember me?
I was known as the clumsy maid who often caused trouble. I love games and singing.
If you could read this letter and remember me, it would make me happy.

Hololive is a vibrant and inspiring place that I deeply admire. But as you continue your journey, you'll face many challenges. When those tough times come, remember this: you have countless viewers and fellow holomembers who support you.

And don't forget, there's also a senpai who graduated before you. Keep pushing forward and give it your all! Everything will be alright. I hope you can create the future you've always dreamed of within Hololive! The Legendary Idol of the Universe, Minato Aqua, watches over you!!

Marine drew Aqua, with help from rurudo (Towa's illustrator) and saku39.

Marine said (Google TL):
___
Thank you so much, Akutan ⚓
To my respected Aqua-senpai, please let me send you some fan art! 🏴‍☠️
#あくあーと
Marine said (Google TL):
___
It's been a while since I last drew, so Rurudo took a look at my sketch!
Background design by saku39!
Thank you very much 🥺✨✨

An appropriate manga strip.

Last edited:

Hotdogs Aplenty

King Shiori Poster
Early Adopter
Imagine if Aqua went "Fine, you convinced me, I won't graduate."

Nenélove

Menace of the Asylum
Early Adopter
Nene's Pet Latinx
Latinx/Latine
Imagine if Aqua went "Fine, you convinced me, I won't graduate."
Probably impossible due to the contract, once she signs on the dissolution clause she's graduating no matter what. The company will also want to keep graduation as something which is an irreversible decision anyways, since then it prevents talents from pulling a Kingyozaka Meiro and trying to graduate/cancel/graduate/cancel just because they're having a menhera episode.

Negzana

I actually want to keep up with her roommate/reincarnation and see if she plays Dragon Quest I-X. Might watch it like I have for Lui.

Still can't believe she's gone in 12 hours.

The vtuber life cycle is probably even more hard on fans than the real life idol lifecycle as it's an internet based phenomenon where a month is basically a year of updates and content. A couple years feels like a long lifespan for a vtuber, Aqua was in for 6 years. She's been in vtubing for so long she debuted only a week after Natsumi Moe first appeared. Coco was in for a fourth the amount of time Aqua was in Hololive.

ペンネーム

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

tgmslc

Last member stream New

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
I had a chance to watch before the purge. Here's some notes from Aqua's last members stream:
25646.png

(Had a lot of help from the Aqua discord, especially longtime Aqua translator Just Sam):
  • Figured it'd be the first members stream for a lot of people. She said these were always for more casual talks and she treated them like relaxing at her parents' home with family.
  • Kinda sad that this vod would only be available for 4 days so she hopes everyone takes a chance to watch
  • Was still setting up for her "Minato Aqua Knowledge King" stream and doing rehearsals, but she had a chance to hang out with some friends from both Holo and Niji
  • Was still working on her shorts as well
  • Hadn't gotten started on the signatures from her graduation merch yet. The cards for them hadn't come in yet but she asked staff to make sure they get to her asap
  • In order to get all these covers out, she had to work on a super fast-paced schedule over the past 3 months. The Holos found out about the graduation about 3 months ago and they sent their requests to her all at once. It piled up quick and was insanely tough on her. She actually talked about it in a previous members stream, but didn't go into details so we assumed it was about a birthday live or an album.
  • She wanted to accept these invitations though since she'll be gone soon and there won't be another chance.
  • Her schedule was completely maxed out and she might have died if there was any more added to it.
  • Almost everything has already been posted, but she talked about how she would be releasing multiple videos per day cause there's not enough time to space them out.

• She spent a long time discussing her decision with management and during those discussions, her mental was seriously struggling. It really set in for her when she finalized her decision. At the time, only some of management knew.
  • She started her daily streaming streak because she made up her mind by then. So she made the decision to graduate around April 27th. (And likely told the other girls around a few days later at the start of May.)
  • As fun as it was to stream every day, it was incredibly hard on her mental and she almost broke a few times. There were a few times where she was basically streaming half-asleep, but she still wanted to keep going.
  • Everything got even more hectic around July, so she didn't have the time to think about it all. She just kept going and going.
  • It feels weird that it's all coming to an end soon. While she was still kinda hesitant, she said that our lives and her life will keep going on. Her determination is strong and she thinks this won't be a sad goodbye.
  • Talked a bit about how termination feels so sudden and awful. It made her glad that she can properly say goodbye, spend time with us and talk everything through with the other Holo girls. And since the channel will be remaining, people can always go back and discover who she was. That's part of why this is a happy farewell, even though it's still kinda sad. She wants us to let people know how legendary she was.
  • Talked about how she had a one-on-one interview with Yagoo after her audition. She was grateful to him and Holo as they're the only reason she could come this far. The fact that she could be here is a miracle.

• Two things made her hesitate and second-guess herself the most:
  • 1. She didn't want to be away from the Holo girls, as she loves them and considers them close friends. Having to part with them hurts a lot.
  • 2. The fans. All of the comments, the love, the support, the rooms filled with merch, all of it carried her through the years. It kinda felt like a betrayal, though that's a pretty strong word. She didn't want to separate from them as they both grew to support and rely on each other so much over the years.
  • She thought about this heavily for more than a year, but she made her choice in the end.
  • Already has plans to hang out with Holos post-graduation and that made her happy. It made her feel like she made lifelong friends here, which she never really had before Holo.
  • While there were some things she didn't get to do, she has no regrets.
  • Doing these member streams saved her, especially during past few months maintaining the streak. When she felt especially exhausted or stressed, doing a chill chat helped her pushed through. She didn't have to be worried of getting clipped out of context or anything like that.
  • She was about to cry but held it in because she decided to save any tears for the last day. (Thanks Pekora)
  • "We are all a family and always will be."
  • "Let's meet again in 100 years. I'm heading off now. Bye bye! See you tomorrow!"

She released one just a few hours ago, but she has one last original song coming out.

...And the graduation live, 2 hours after that.

Man.... it's such a minor and retarded thing, but posting the link fucking hit me. Like seeing that thumbnail just emphasizes that this is really happening. There's only 11 hours left.

Fuck.

Negzana

Has her membership content been archived?

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter
Minecraft open letter New

Poyoyo & Jill

KAWAYO

We are less than 9 hours away of her graduation live but this really made me cry like a little bitch

Top Bottom