"ogey... RRAT"Usada Pekora

Minato Aqua Graduation Doomposting Thread

frz

The genmates are always the ones that get hit the hardest. Even if she reincarnates, the chances they would ever get to collab again are almost none. Not to mention, losing a lot of people you knew for so long in one year must be exhausting, between A-chan, Mel, and now Aqua.
speaking of which why the fuck is holo still blocking kson collabs on main channels :BibooPopcorn:

White Stone

A literal white stone
Early Adopter
speaking of which why the fuck is holo still blocking kson collabs on main channels :BibooPopcorn:
I wonder if there is no "blocking" at all, and they just don't collab with each other as a form of good "ethics".

One of the main benefits of being in Hololive or any other agencies is that you have a bunch of like-minded colleagues to interact and collab with. When you leave the agency you lose such benefits, in exchange for more "freedom".

If Kson were to collab freely with any of the Holomems, it means she is now reaping the benefits of both Vshojo and Hololive. I'd wager some Hololive fans might not like that, especially since there have been many past examples of Vshojo talents and fans shitting on Hololive.

Last edited:

Tyrvalla

Early Adopter
I wonder if there is no "blocking" at all, and they just don't collab with each other as a form of good "ethics".

One of the main benefits of being in Hololive or any other agencies is that you have a bunch of like-minded colleagues to interact and collab with. When you leave the agency you lose such benefits, in exchange of more "freedom".

If Kson were to collab freely with any of the Holomems, it means she is now reaping the benefits of both Vshojo and Hololive. I'd wager some Hololive fans might not like that, especially since there have been many past examples of Vshojo talents and fans shitting on Hololive.
It would be weird for them to suddenly out of nowhere announce a collab stream.

And agreed on that, I think most of the girls just does not seek out an opportunity to collab, the Holotalents does not pursue it, and I believe kson don't want to collab too. They all know their IP and brand image worth by now.

Just occasional meeting offline, grab some bite and what not is enough. Why would they talk to the viewers about those mundane stuff?

frz

It would be weird for them to suddenly out of nowhere announce a collab stream.

And agreed on that, I think most of the girls just does not seek out an opportunity to collab, the Holotalents does not pursue it, and I believe kson don't want to collab too. They all know their IP and brand image worth by now.

Just occasional meeting offline, grab some bite and what not is enough. Why would they talk to the viewers about those mundane stuff?
I'd argue the opposite. Haachaama already expressed many times that she wanted to do online collab with Kson

A collab between these 2 would be a massive PR event that will bring goodwill to hololive. Particularly in these trying times where they just lost a-chan, aqua and people are rrating it due to Hololive's bowing to China. A kson collab would be such a massive dick in your face move on Bilibili. But alas Hololive might really be bowing to china.

I don't think the japanese even know of vshojo kekw. And the main feud has always been with CDawg and not directly vshojo themselves, as kiara still collab with ironmouse, nerrissa probs will soon (or might already have) and ina have collabed with ina before

Then there is also people like Kanata who won't step out of her room to meet offline and grab some bite :smugpipi:

Stunned But Dumb

ina have collabed with ina before
Yeah it was pretty great when Ina collabed with Ina but I don't know what that ahs to do with vshojo

La+ de Central Norte

General of the second army commanded by Gozaru

frz

x Hades Stamps

I was going to ask who the other Ina was

Negzana

Regarding Mio's tarot. She predicted after Rushia's downfall she'll reflect and improve herself, which obviously hasn't been the case. Tarot is nonsense superstition.

However that Halloween song is still cursed

Sankisei

HOLOLIVE SAIKYO
Regarding Mio's tarot. She predicted after Rushia's downfall she'll reflect and improve herself, which obviously hasn't been the case. Tarot is nonsense superstition.

However that Halloween song is still cursed
That advice disguised as "prediction" was only going to come true if she wasnt manipulated by "false information" and since it didnt happen well we are here

Awoogers

basic ass man who loves the british funny woman
tarots are supposed to be guides on what path you should take and she literally failed at everything thus making it real

Negzana

I kind of half slept through this but it appears she had a second attempt at fighting Calamsos after a lot of grinding but didn't realize she needed to use the Sword of Light to make him actually possible and got annihilated. She's now doing Drustan's Labyrinth before she fights Calamsos for a third time. She'll likely win this time as she overleveled.

I don't know if this is the definitive version or not. If it is, then she might try to do all the bonus dungeons in 2 streams but that might be too much, she'll probably settle with beating Calamsos and finishing her DQXI series there.

Last edited:

frz

That advice disguised as "prediction" was only going to come true if she wasnt manipulated by "false information" and since it didnt happen well we are here
tarots are supposed to be guides on what path you should take and she literally failed at everything thus making it real
This prompt me to watch her tarrot reading again and I noticed something
Mio actually pulled the Justice card on the luck row and she was actually flustered and didn't know what the fuck did that mean because you are not supposed to pull that card for Luck reading. She decided to read it as "balanced luck, bad luck early into the year and then good luck later to balance it out" because "Justice" can be read as "balanced". And she might have known some shit going down with Rushia behind the scene so she predicted better luck later.

But the justice card actually meant "karma":
- The sword in her other hand represents the ‘swift hand of justice’ that is prepared to rain down on us all, should we make the wrong choices. A physical reminder of the outcomes of our actions, she represents both fairness and the law.
- The importance of committing to honesty, seeking equality, and balancing all factors is shining through this Major Arcana card.
- Justice can symbolize dealing with the court system or legal matters so this can also be an indicator of separation or divorce. Aaaaand Mikeneko did divorce in 2022.

Last edited:

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter
Mio talked a bit about Aqua and her feelings on everything during her morning stream yesterday.

A translated summary from Pentao:
Mio basically was saying that she's kind of glad that Aqua can graduate. Not that she's happy she's graduating, but that through a graduation, everyone gets their chance to say good bye to her and spend time with her before things end. It's not like what happened with Mel where she just suddenly disappeared.

She then talked about how she got along well with Mel, went out with her for escape rooms and other things in their personal time off. But since she usually only uses Discord for things, when Mel's contract ended, she had no way of contacting her anymore.

But since Aqua is graduating, Mio got a chance to appear in her call in stream, offer her a chance for a fortune telling, do another collab with her before she graduates, and after the AkuPeko fortune telling collab, she got a chance to talk with Aqua for like an hour or so. And with that time, she asked for Aqua's LINE contact, so they could stay in touch even after she's gone.

She noted that for most hololive members, she sticks to Discord, and the only peoples LINE contacts she actively mentioned were each of the Gamers, Subaru, and Miko. She might have more but didn't say more than that. And even with the people she listed, she often uses discord anyway.

She also admitted she doesn't use LINE that much in the first place, and is the type of person to read messages but not respond to them right away. She likes Discord because she doesn't have to worry about people feeling like they've been left on read.

One last thing she mentioned about Aqua is that she understands that there are a lot of members who didn't want her to quit, and members who even now tell her that she shouldn't quit and take back her graduation.

Mio, however, feels like Aqua went through great pains to come to this decision, and it wasn't something she decided on a whim, but after careful consideration. Because of that, she wants to respect Aqua's choices.

It's a much different situation but remembering how much she cried when Mel got terminated, it's good to see Mio is handling Aqua's graduation a lot better and that they'll stay in touch afterwards. I recall Aqua asking Mio if she can get her fortune read even after graduating so I'm sure they'll be in contact every once in a while.

But man... when she said that some members are still telling Aqua to take back her graduation and stay, I couldn't help but think of Subaru
:painpeko:

Abomination

The abominable amalgamation known as "chyaaat!"

Finally gave this one a watch, and it's sad...Was kind of hard to listen to.

Though I have nothing against her, Kanata is one of my least watched Holomems, so I don't know much about her. I didn't know she was such an Aqua fan until recently, so her reaction to this seems to be mostly coming from the place of a fan. Even though she's a big fan, it seems she tried to keep the relationship as Holomems professional, and as a result, she didn't interact with Aqua as much as she'd like, and she regrets it. I know the Coco one hit close to home for her, and it seems like this one isn't much easier for her either. And of course, she isn't the only one taking the news hard.

I'm sure everyone involved will try their best to put on a strong face to give Aqua a great send-off, but I don't think the wound will be closing for some of them for a bit.
:depressedtako:

lOnSlAuGhTl

Finally gave this one a watch, and it's sad...Was kind of hard to listen to.

Though I have nothing against her, Kanata is one of my least watched Holomems, so I don't know much about her. I didn't know she was such an Aqua fan until recently, so her reaction to this seems to be mostly coming from the place of a fan. Even though she's a big fan, it seems she tried to keep the relationship as Holomems professional, and as a result, she didn't interact with Aqua as much as she'd like, and she regrets it. I know the Coco one hit close to home for her, and it seems like this one isn't much easier for her either. And of course, she isn't the only one taking the news hard.

I'm sure everyone involved will try their best to put on a strong face to give Aqua a great send-off, but I don't think the wound will be closing for some of them for a bit.
:depressedtako:
i was watching aquas anniversary stream and was confused about the way kanata left the call (where she started crying).
kind of understand her situation after listening to her twitter space, must be complicated to manage a co-worker relationship if the coworker is your oshi.

Negzana

Aqua is attempting the final boss again, hopefully she wins this time

Gaotye (bilibili DD)

Aqua's explanation in free chat stream New

Shuba Saber

MPP
Early Adopter

Aqua was doing a free chat stream earlier today. She talked about quite a lot, including a bit about the creative differences that eventually got her to make her decision. She banned any clips of that part specifically because she didn't want anything out of context (good thing considering what just happened with Lamy.)

I should say, take this with a grain of salt, maybe wait till a better translator than my basic ass puts something out. This is basically what I could follow + stuff from the Aqua discord. It's a little out of order chronologically but more cohesive topic-wise.
  • During the time leading up to her announcement stream and a bit afterwards, her thoughts were kind of a mess. Things have also been busy with getting ready for the live, all the collabs, etc. She wanted to collect herself before talking about it like this.
  • She also wanted to talk a little more about it to ease her own mind and stop any rumors from going out of hand.
  • There are things that have to be done within a company as well as stuff that can't be done on your own time. Deadlines etc. This sort of thing is natural but it got really tough for her to keep doing.
  • Streaming was really fun for her, as well as doing all kinds of events and stuff. At the end of the day though, it is still work and there are things that have to get done.
  • She already said it before but it's not cause Holo did anything wrong or is a bad company. We're all human so of course there were disagreements. It'd be blissfully ignorant to pretend there were no issues. There are certain things she cherishes after all so it just couldn't be helped.
  • Ultimately, it came down to differences in direction and thought process. She was worried by how heavy the choice was. She gave it a ton of thought, talked it over with a bunch of people and reconsidered the situation a bunch of times.
  • If she wanted to get more popular, make more money and do even more events and stuff like that, then she fully believes Holo would be the best environment to do it in. The support system in there is great enough that she could still do things like that 6 years into her career.
  • With this environment though, there was stuff that was just really hard for her. So she made the decision to graduate, in order to live her own life.
  • It was not for something like game perms or Cover becoming more of an idol company. Even back when Cover had more freedom and wasn't really an idol company, her dream was always to be an idol. That has never changed in all these years.
  • She knows it's tough maintaining that image but she's done her best to keep it all this time and she feels proud of that. She wants to be remembered as an idol even after she's gone.
  • Again, she has no bad feelings or resentment for Hololive. It was an important place that allowed her to grow so much, she wanted to emphasize this so there are no misunderstandings.
  • A lot of people discovered her and she was able to have so many experiences that wouldn't have been possible without Hololive. We might not have been able to meet her otherwise, so the fact that it happened made her happy enough to cry.
  • She's also been able to meet so many friends in the Holo members. There are already plans for them to hang out post-graduation. It kinda made her feel like she was able to make friends for life here and that made her even more grateful for everything.
  • Overall, she's just glad to have had this time in the company. These past 6 years have been a truly valuable experience for her. Even though there were really painful parts, she's confident that she can hold her head high and say she lived her life to the fullest.
  • Mentioned that chuuni statement she made a while ago about fighting a "big power" for her justice and stuff (there should be a clip of it in the thread iirc), but that had nothing to do with the graduation at all. Of course, people would make that connection but it was just bad timing on her part. She apologized for getting us worried with that misunderstanding. That's why she wanted no clips for this part.
  • Talked a bit about how easy it is for streamers to get misunderstood. She's also admittedly bad at using her words and saying what she means. Even her mom told her as such (I think it was her actual mom but considering the context, it could have been Marine too).
  • Management will make the announcement about her VOD archives
  • She wants to read superchats but won't for various reasons. Like there are way too many of them and she also doesn't want to read any of the weird ones accidentally.
  • The stuff she can't say won't cause her trouble, but would cause trouble for other people.
  • She made this decision believing it wouldn't be a betrayal to her fans. She had nightmares of people saying that to her and it caused some worry, but she wants to keep going on this path with confidence in herself as an idol.
  • Most important of all, don't forget her. She'd be happy if you thought of her at random times. Like when you see pink/blue colors, a maid in media or while you're playing a visual novel.
  • She believes people don't truly die unless they're forgotten, so please remember her as the years go by.
  • A cover coming out tomorrow, there may be 1 more as well.
  • 2 more chatting streams planned, one will be members-only.
  • Rehearsal for her live as well as 2 collabs tomorrow, one with Polka and then another with Sora, Anya, Watame
  • The schedule has been a bit tough for both her and us but wants to do as much as she can this summer. Even wondered if she could redo August cause there's not enough time.
There was some other stuff, like how she almost said some important company stuff during the hot mic moment with Shion, the stream ideas Pekora put out for her, how funny it was for the 44.5 clip to get so big and how we should be excited for the graduation live.

Last edited:

The Rrat

Phoneposting, Rat-loving menace
Early Adopter

Aqua was doing a free chat stream earlier today. She talked about quite a lot, including a bit about the creative differences that eventually got her to make her decision. She banned any clips of that part specifically because she didn't want anything out of context (good thing considering what just happened with Lamy.)

I should say, take this with a grain of salt, maybe wait till a better translator than my basic ass puts something out. This is basically what I could follow + stuff from the Aqua discord. It's a little out of order chronologically but more cohesive topic-wise.
  • During the time leading up to her announcement stream and a bit afterwards, her thoughts were kind of a mess. Things have also been busy with getting ready for the live, all the collabs, etc. She wanted to collect herself before talking about it like this.
  • She also wanted to talk a little more about it to ease her own mind and stop any rumors from going out of hand.
  • There are things that have to be done within a company as well as stuff that can't be done on your own time. Deadlines etc. This sort of thing is natural but it got really tough for her to keep doing.
  • Streaming was really fun for her, as well as doing all kinds of events and stuff. At the end of the day though, it is still work and there are things that have to get done.
  • She already said it before but it's not cause Holo did anything wrong or is a bad company. We're all human so of course there were disagreements. It'd be blissfully ignorant to pretend there were no issues. There are certain things she cherishes after all so it just couldn't be helped.
  • Ultimately, it came down to differences in direction and thought process. She was worried by how heavy the choice was. She gave it a ton of thought, talked it over with a bunch of people and reconsidered the situation a bunch of times.
  • If she wanted to get more popular, make more money and do even more events and stuff like that, then she fully believes Holo would be the best environment to do it in. The support system in there is great enough that she could still do things like that 6 years into her career.
  • With this environment though, there was stuff that was just really hard for her. So she made the decision to graduate, in order to live her own life.
  • It was not for something like game perms or Cover becoming more of an idol company. Even back when Cover had more freedom and wasn't really an idol company, her dream was always to be an idol. That has never changed in all these years.
  • She knows it's tough maintaining that image but she's done her best to keep it all this time and she feels proud of that. She wants to be remembered as an idol even after she's gone.
  • Again, she has no bad feelings or resentment for Hololive. It was an important place that allowed her to grow so much, she wanted to emphasize this so there are no misunderstandings.
  • A lot of people discovered her and she was able to have so many experiences that wouldn't have been possible without Hololive. We might not have been able to meet her otherwise, so the fact that it happened made her happy enough to cry.
  • She's also been able to meet so many friends in the Holo members. There are already plans for them to hang out post-graduation. It kinda made her feel like she was able to make friends for life here and that made her even more grateful for everything.
  • Overall, she's just glad to have had this time in the company. These past 6 years have been a truly valuable experience for her. Even though there were really painful parts, she's confident that she can hold her head high and say she lived her life to the fullest.
  • Mentioned that chuuni statement she made a while ago about fighting a "big power" for her justice and stuff (there should be a clip of it in the thread iirc), but that had nothing to do with the graduation at all. Of course, people would make that connection but it was just bad timing on her part. She apologized for getting us worried with that misunderstanding. That's why she wanted no clips for this part.
  • Talked a bit about how easy it is for streamers to get misunderstood. She's also admittedly bad at using her words and saying what she means. Even her mom told her as such (I think it was her actual mom but considering the context, it could have been Marine too).
  • Management will make the announcement about her VOD archives
  • She wants to read superchats but won't for various reasons. Like there are way too many of them and she also doesn't want to read any of the weird ones accidentally.
  • The stuff she can't say won't cause her trouble, but would cause trouble for other people.
  • She made this decision believing it wouldn't be a betrayal to her fans. She had nightmares of people saying that to her and it caused some worry, but she wants to keep going on this path with confidence in herself as an idol.
  • Most important of all, don't forget her. She'd be happy if you thought of her at random times. Like when you see pink/blue colors, a maid in media or while you're playing a visual novel.
  • She believes people don't truly die unless they're forgotten, so please remember her as the years go by.
  • A cover coming out tomorrow, there may be 1 more as well.
  • 2 more chatting streams planned, one will be members-only.
  • Rehearsal for her live as well as 2 collabs tomorrow, one with Polka and then another with Sora, Anya, Watame
  • The schedule has been a bit tough for both her and us but wants to do as much as she can this summer. Even wondered if she could redo August cause there's not enough time.
There was some other stuff, like how she almost said some important company stuff during the hot mic moment with Shion, the stream ideas Pekora put out for her, how funny it was for the 44.5 clip to get so big and how we should be excited for the graduation live.

So in the end, it was that she wanted more time to actually stream, as expected. Honestly glad she came out and explained it.

Top Bottom